Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

The Word Liberates You- Pastor Chris. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Word Liberates You- Pastor Chris. (767 Views)

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Word Liberates You- Pastor Chris. by Joagbaje(m): 8:55am On Sep 17, 2011
For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another (Galatians 5:13).

I am often excited about the power and efficacy of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ; how it liberates men from bondage into the glorious liberty of the sons of God. Anyone who embraces the Gospel is brought into a life of absolute liberty – a life of the miraculous – far removed from religion. Hence as a Christian, you must watch out and refuse to be ensnared by those who being in bondage already, try to put others who are at liberty into bondage.

People with this type of attitude were there in Paul’s day and are still around today. Their aim is to put others in the same bondage they are in. The Apostle Paul, referring to them in Galatians 2:4 said:

And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage.”

It’s not surprising that they would try to do this. A man who isn’t free won’t see any reason for another person’s liberty. At every opportunity, he’ll try to rob others of their liberty. Even when they preach Christ, they do it in a way that condemns, subdues and brings their hearers into bondage.

Galatians 5:1 lets us know that Christ has made us free to live the glorious and exciting life of the Spirit; therefore refuse to be hampered with any yoke of slavery. John 8:32 says

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

The truth is the Word of God; your knowledge of the Word will keep you in perpetual victory, cleanse your heart and purge your conscience to serve God. It will foil every strategy of the enemy to put you in bondage, and build you up till you become a stalwart in the faith:

That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive” (Ephesians 4:14).

Confession
I rejoice O Lord because I’m at liberty to serve you and glorify you with my life! With my whole heart I do only those things which are pleasing in your sight, for my life is for your glory and sacred use! Thank you for bringing me into the glorious liberty of the sons of God; now I’m free to sing, shout and dance unto you in praise! Hallelujah!

Further Study

Galatians 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Psalms 119:45
And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.

(1) (Reply)

Red Alert. Please Do Not Get Into Marriage Untill You Read This Article / The Little horn in prophecy - though provocative but I am not sure / Shocking Comment From A Hausa Man , Posted In The Politics Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.