Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together (45953 Views)

Is Duck Farming Very Lucrative In Nigeria / Why Duck Farming Is A Good Alternative To Chicken Farming / Duck Farming: Why It Is A Good Alternative To Chicken. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by ogbongenet: 6:00pm On Mar 22, 2023
Duck farming is very interesting, lucrative and easy to handle compare to poultry farming. I have been in the business for the past 22yrs and I boost of my achievement in the business.
I will share some pictures from my farm to encourage you and other intending farmers

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by Olugids(m): 6:12pm On Mar 22, 2023
MANGAM:

Plz I need your contact. I also need about 20 of the muscovies ducks in Abuja

I have replied your mail. Let's talk in there
Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by Olugids(m): 6:15pm On Mar 22, 2023
ogbongenet:
Duck farming is very interesting, lucrative and easy to handle compare to poultry farming. I have been in the business for the past 22yrs and I boost of my achievement in the business.
I will share some pictures from my farm to encourage you and other intending farmers

So awesome! Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by Antibettings: 8:49pm On Mar 22, 2023
ogbongenet:
In case you need ducklings , I have for sale. My farm is located at Abeokuta ogun state ,08060115253

I need ducklings ooo
Like 20 psc

1 Like

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by Olugids(m): 8:44pm On Mar 23, 2023
ogbongenet:
call / chat me on 08060115253

Oga, I will bill you ooo🙄😁😁😁
Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by gaby(m): 10:10pm On Mar 23, 2023
Olugids:

Lovely!
It is good you are on the thread. You will find many mentors as we continue. YouTube too is a good resource if properly navigated

However, you need knowledge and action to make your dream or desire realistic.

You will learn best only by doing(starting). Just start.

Thank you, sir.

You got the right words.

Just do it...like NIKE...

1 Like

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by Aremolekunowo(m): 11:42pm On Mar 23, 2023
It is very necessary to prepare little swimming pool for them, for a better metabolism.
It will make them very excited. You can buy a used bath tub from Anboki seal any leakage, dig ground and Buried it them filled it with water for them to be swimming happily. God bless your hustle.

21 Likes

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by alakara(m): 7:00am On Mar 24, 2023
Aremolekunowo:
It is very necessary to prepare little swimming pool for them, for a better metabolism.
It will make them very excited. You can buy a used bath tub from Anboki seal any leakage, dig ground and Buried it them filled it with water for them to be swimming happily. God bless your hustle.
People don't do this and it's important.

3 Likes

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by Olugids(m): 7:18am On Mar 24, 2023
This is what the sharp sand looks like after 5 days. The sand was naturally dark.

So far, I think d sand would be a good bet;
No water logs, poo mix easily with d sand and it dries better under steady sun.

Next will be my feeding pattern and component.

1 Like

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by Olugids(m): 7:45am On Mar 24, 2023
MEDICATION

Let me talk about medication before feeding.

To start with, I do organic medication. I am particularly critical and sensitive to the use of synthetic drugs and considering the purpose of this particular venture, the idea is to spend as little as possible, so I plan to avoid synthetic medication completely. I am keeping records and at some point we will review d data.

One of the reasons I chose ducks is because of their high resistance to diseases. And so all I do is to add or feed them herbal leaves such as aloe vera, bitter leaf, pumpkin leaf and so on.

Next time I want to apply, u will get pictures.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by Aremolekunowo(m): 11:21pm On Mar 24, 2023
To do organic birds. What you must do first is to prepare magic water that is the first thing to give them.
Get a gallon of warm water add some apple cider like 5 tea spoon, add two tea spoon of organic honey then add some crushed garlic and coconut water, then allow it to stay for 24 hours before your chick's arrives.
Give it to them to drink or dip there mouth if they are too weak to drink.
Then afterwards you can be adding these organic products below into there feeds and water
1.Garlic powder or grounded raw
2. Aloe Vera
3. Tagiri as antibiotic
4. Ginger
6. Pawpaw leaves
7. Moringa powder as multi vitamins
8. Black pepper
9. Turmeric
10. Pap water.
11. Grounded pawpaw seeds as dewormr.etc
12. Bitter leaves to their water
13. Saint leaves juice also for deworming them.
14. Some time u give them fresh water only, but let it be untreated water.
If you can get and use some ofthese products very well, it will keep your lve stocks healthy and free of cold and diseases......this is my little contribution to the discus above.
And the reason for the magic water prep. Is because most of these bird are genetically modified, so you need to reconfigure there systems and organs to accept organic materials. God bless you all.

35 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by MANGAM(m): 11:36am On Mar 31, 2023
Thank you sir, I got my birds delivered in Abuja today.

ogbongenet:

2 Likes

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by bro4u: 1:00pm On Apr 01, 2023
Nothing nairalanders no dy farm,,, na only snake farmer I never see for here

9 Likes

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by Soukiss(m): 1:02pm On Apr 01, 2023
Try to make them a pool. It helps them to grow fast

2 Likes

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by nihinlade(m): 1:11pm On Apr 01, 2023
I don't like duck physically but I love them is soup. Their meet is very sweet.

2 Likes

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 1:14pm On Apr 01, 2023
Olugids:
I had to conclude that the shavings is a complete error. What would work best in this type of housing would either be gravel or sharp sand.
The pix here only shows d state of the shavings.
I will upload the state of the sharp sand later
chicken still remains d best and economical
Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by ImoleNaija: 1:15pm On Apr 01, 2023
Well done, OP.
It's like pepeyes are going extinct grin. Unlike childhood days, I hardly see them now.

1 Like

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by Creamcrest(m): 1:19pm On Apr 01, 2023
I'm also a duck farmer.

One advantage duck has is that they have a stronger immunity compared to chickens.

If you start with 6 ducks you can get up to 200 ducks in one year and there is market for it.

I sell my ducks through running online ads and I have a large network of duck farmers.

11 Likes

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by Christistruth03: 1:21pm On Apr 01, 2023
ogbongenet:

I hear duck farming is among the most lucrative livestock business

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by Ugwuoke347(m): 1:25pm On Apr 01, 2023
Antibettings:
I will share you their full house look when I get to farm

This is good.
I have strong attraction to agriculture.
I admire it a lot.
Keep up the great work.
More powers to you!
Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by Yemike(m): 1:36pm On Apr 01, 2023
What is the price of a duckling? I still have like half a plot wasting away at my backyard

3 Likes

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by dankorode(m): 1:37pm On Apr 01, 2023
If not for thief wey dey come to our our backyard to thieves my chickens enh, about last two month,na five Big cockerels dem thieves at once

3 Likes

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by Usmanovic95(m): 1:49pm On Apr 01, 2023
How big is the demand for it and who are the target market?

3 Likes

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by Nmezor(f): 1:56pm On Apr 01, 2023
I don't know why I don't like Ducks...Anyway great job OP

4 Likes

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by JetStar: 2:01pm On Apr 01, 2023
ewwww....

I hate ducks.

They're uggggllly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by ahnie: 2:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
Their eggs omg!!!!
I ate lots of them when I was growing up in warri cheesy cheesy cheesy.

But na their dirtiness dey taya me their meat dey sweet sha

3 Likes

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by KanesHost: 2:07pm On Apr 01, 2023
Usmanovic95:
How big is the demand for it and who are the target market?

The demand is huge and it's mostly used for sacrifices or fetish purposes. Very few people buy it for consumption.

4 Likes

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by Aladdin1(m): 2:08pm On Apr 01, 2023
Olugids:
MEDICATION

Let me talk about medication before feeding.

To start with, I do organic medication. I am particularly critical and sensitive to the use of synthetic drugs and considering the purpose of this particular venture, the idea is to spend as little as possible, so I plan to avoid synthetic medication completely. I am keeping records and at some point we will review d data.

One of the reasons I chose ducks is because of their high resistance to diseases. And so all I do is to add or feed them herbal leaves such as aloe vera, bitter leaf, pumpkin leaf and so on.

Next time I want to apply, u will get pictures.
do ducks eat bitter leaves?i heard that bitter leaves kills muscovy ducks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Zainab Eze, Student Who Owns 7 Acres Of Cassava Farm (Photos) / See The Massive Cassava I Produce From The Backyard! / Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.