Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,129 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Is Yakubu Aiyegbeni Slowly Regaining Confidence Back? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Yakubu Aiyegbeni Slowly Regaining Confidence Back? (3828 Views)

Poll: Should Siasia call Yakubu back to the for the Nations cup?

Yes: 31% (12 votes)
No: 55% (21 votes)
Undecided: 13% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Yakubu Aiyegbeni And Kalu Uche Named Nigeria’s Richest Players / Yakubu Aiyegbeni Named Nigeria’s Richest Player / Yakubu Aiyegbeni With His Wife & Daughters (Holiday Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Yakubu Aiyegbeni Slowly Regaining Confidence Back? by Brisingr(m): 9:44pm On Sep 19, 2011
@jarus tanxs 4 d correction
foot in mouth as i rite dis yakubu is actual d 3rd highest goal scorer in 9ja i guess he bring his 'A' game most tym a pity it only his flaws we remember
Re: Is Yakubu Aiyegbeni Slowly Regaining Confidence Back? by tosinaded(m): 10:27pm On Sep 19, 2011
there is no better striker in Nigeria than Yakubu . . . . his records are there!
he never lost his confidence. . Yakubu is a natural goal scorer, take it or leave it. .
we just like to deceive ourselves as Nigerians!
yes he missed a sitter at the world cup. . that takes nothing away from the fact that he's a tested and proven goal scorer!

if u av never made a mistake in life then u can crucify him . .

how many Nigerian strikers can boast of his goal records? Records dont lie abeg. .
we should stop all these rubbish of he missed a sitter so he's bad. . .

checkout his statistics below, and tell me a better striker

Re: Is Yakubu Aiyegbeni Slowly Regaining Confidence Back? by datnigga: 11:53pm On Sep 19, 2011
i av always been one dts a big fan of yak. d dude has always scored goals wherever he plays for goodness sakes!!!, d miss at d world cup can happen to any1. wt of torres dt missd dt chance against man utd, so is he a crap player all of a sudden? abegii

check out this miss from the great ronaldo,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrwsisDgIV

and yet real madrid still bought hum for all dt money. nigerians like to criticize too much, if i was yakubu, i wnt even play for super eagles again even if d president begged me to not after all d inuslts he has received.
Re: Is Yakubu Aiyegbeni Slowly Regaining Confidence Back? by KayDee4: 5:28am On Sep 20, 2011
Y ?? because he scored against a beleagured arsenal defence ? (no sentiments o), but Yakubu's time as a National Team player is in the archives right now.

We have a lot of fresh blood coming thru and I'm sure they can do better than whatever it is Yakubu has to offer.
Re: Is Yakubu Aiyegbeni Slowly Regaining Confidence Back? by nke001: 11:26am On Sep 20, 2011
No man born of a woman is above mistake. Torres and Rooney missed vital goals but Yak delivered. Thumbs up!
Re: Is Yakubu Aiyegbeni Slowly Regaining Confidence Back? by Konjour(m): 2:58pm On Sep 20, 2011
Yakubu is a quality Striker and on his day can single handedly put ANY opposing defense in the whole world in limbo and shambles,

but playing well in your Club as a player is light years apart from playing in your National team,

the tactics,motivation,formations,disposition of players and even their psychology is entirely different, Ask the Ezequiel Lavezzis, Diego Militos,

Dani Alves, Lionel Messis, El ninos, Evras.etc etc of the modern game.

Personally,i would like him to retire from the National team and focus on club football as that can only be beneficial for Nigeria and him,

he gets more time to focus on his club games,has less probability of getting injured,probably cementing his place in Blackburn as the first choice

striker(which looks inevitable anyway for a player of his class) and the Nigerian team gets to blood more and more promising and younger players

into its setup,and i mean players that are full of life and are not there to make up the numbers. cool
Re: Is Yakubu Aiyegbeni Slowly Regaining Confidence Back? by Merc: 3:02pm On Sep 20, 2011
Yakubu ke!
grin
Re: Is Yakubu Aiyegbeni Slowly Regaining Confidence Back? by Jarus(m): 3:53pm On Sep 20, 2011
but playing well in your Club as a player is light years apart from playing in your National team,
I don't know why you people keep saying he has not done enough for the national team. Do you want him to score in every match?

He is Nigeria's NT's all-time 3rd Highest goal scorer
He scored the lone and winning goals that earned Nigeria bronze medals(3rd place) in 2002 and 2004 Nations cuPs
He also scored crucial goals in many of our past qualifiers.

and he missed a sitter in WC, suddenly, all these records are thrown into dust bin

I don't support he should come back, but I think he has paid his due and deserves some respect.
Re: Is Yakubu Aiyegbeni Slowly Regaining Confidence Back? by Konjour(m): 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2011
Jarus:

I don't know why you people keep saying he has not done enough for the national team. Do you want him to score in every match?

He is Nigeria's NT's all-time 3rd Highest goal scorer
He scored the lone and winning goals that earned Nigeria bronze medals(3rd place) in 2002 and 2004 Nations cuPs
He also scored crucial goals in many of our past qualifiers.

and he missed a sitter in WC, suddenly, all these records are thrown into dust bin

I don't support he should come back, but I think he has paid his due and deserves some respect.

How does the part of my post in quote correlate with what you're saying? BTW Where in my post did i insinuate that he has not done enough

for the national team?? undecided undecided
Re: Is Yakubu Aiyegbeni Slowly Regaining Confidence Back? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:55am On Sep 26, 2011
Why are you guyz beefing the YAK, i heard that Danny SHittu AKA VOLTRON is being recalled grin I think Siasia should recall YeKINI and Austin Eguavoen as well grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nations Cup Qualifier: Nigeria Vs. Lesotho / Glo-caf Award 2014 - Jan/8/2015 / Sport Betting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.