Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,333 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun (3370 Views)

23-Year-Old US Lady Posed As 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl To Have Sex With Teen Boys / Teenager And His Friends Fake His Kidnap To Defraud His Parents Of N2m In Delta / Nigerian Who Posed As Football Fan Nabbed At UK Airport With Cocaine ‘worth £80k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun by Balablue64: 5:25pm On Mar 23, 2023
A 29-year-old woman apologized in court earlier
this week after being discovered faking her age
and enrolling as a student at New Brunswick High
School.
The woman, Hyejeong Shin, was discovered just
one week into her new high school adventure when
the administration figured out her birth certificate
was fake and she was not 16-years-old.
Shin's attorney, Darren Gelber, said the Rutgers
University graduate knows she made a mistake
and that it was her longing for the sorts of
friendships she had in high school that made her
decide to do it.
She entered a not guilty plea Monday to charges
that could carry a maximum penalty of five years
in prison.
Shin, according to her attorney, is a South Korean
citizen, who came to the US alone when she was
16 to attend a private boarding school.
He claimed that she was lonely and missed that
kind of atmosphere and opted to pursue it again at
New Brunswick High School.
'At no time was anyone or any student in danger
and this entire case is more about my client
wanting to return to a place of safety and
welcoming and an environment that she looks back
on fondly and nothing more,' said Gelber.
He added that the situation is 'very bizarre' and
'may be difficult for people to understand.'
'There are personal issues that she needs to
resolve,' said Henry Hong Jung, another attorney.
'She's been away from home a long time.'
'I'm not psychologist, but but separated from her
family and being in a different country - as well as
a couple of other stressors in her life - may have
caused her to act very uncharacteristically,' said
Gelber.
However, the recently-divorced adult woman's
deception led to a grand jury indictment and third-
degree offense for false documents and hindering
her own prosecution.
Her family, who are still in South Korea, sent their
New York attorney to her court proceedings
Monday.
Shin and Gelber are hoping that she will be
accepted into the pre-trial intervention program and
avoid serving time.
New Brunswick Police previously released a
statement in which they said that, based on their
investigation, nothing had revealed that Shin's
intentions for enrolling at New Brunswick High
School were to harm or otherwise bring violence
into the community.
Students at Brunswick told CBS News that while
Shin was at the high school, she asked some of
the students to hang out.
'Some of the girls I know, the girl did ask them to
hang out at Commercial Avenue, but they never
showed up, and she started acting weird with
them. It's scary because you never know what
could happen,' one girl said.

Source :. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11885527/29-year-old-posed-teen-student-tells-court-wanted-relive-High-School-experience.html
Re: 29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun by OmonnaEast: 5:28pm On Mar 23, 2023
haha, lol funny story mods please move to front page cc: seun mynd44 ishilove nlfpmod

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun by ceejay80s(m): 5:31pm On Mar 23, 2023
Not front-page worthy, it's not associated with apc and lp

1 Like

Re: 29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun by Youngzipan(m): 5:32pm On Mar 23, 2023
These oyinbos can be crazy
Re: 29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun by Youngzipan(m): 5:33pm On Mar 23, 2023
ceejay80s:
Not front-page worthy, it's not associated with apc and lp

Its actually funny
Re: 29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun by Obainoman6: 5:38pm On Mar 23, 2023
in life you should aspire to move on from past, but this one said no
Re: 29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:46pm On Mar 23, 2023
she looks like a child too...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun by Bahamas95(m): 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2023
Even me I wish I could be granted the wish for a time travel for a day.

I missed the opportunity to fvck Sharon when I was in JS3 because I didn't wanna cheat on my chewing gum girlfriend then.

Babe offer me tòtò free of charge I dey form gentleman/serious boyfriend. embarassed

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun by Toluwanise247(m): 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2023
All is well
Re: 29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun by didroon43: 8:04pm On Mar 23, 2023
What kind of witchcraft is this?
Re: 29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun by meobizy(f): 8:11pm On Mar 23, 2023
Didn’t chinkos sniff her out? Maybe it was a predominantly white school.

Back in the day, 19 year old Asians and Caucasians gave me dirty looks, thinking I went to house parties to steal their love interests. Blacks exposed me quickly for being a few years close to thirty.
Re: 29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun by marlow1962(m): 8:17pm On Mar 23, 2023
LoL funny
Re: 29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun by muyico(m): 8:30pm On Mar 23, 2023
Sch days memories? Cant b wipe away! U cant 4get it but past is unrewinable
Re: 29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun by Starboytwo(m): 9:29pm On Mar 23, 2023
Make she go marry
Re: 29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun by talk2hb1(m): 9:51pm On Mar 23, 2023
I Knew It
Re: 29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun by Mercury12(m): 10:41pm On Mar 23, 2023
You say you miss watin? That is nothing but a predatory behavior!
So young naive boys are not safe in schools anymore.
These western women keeping demonizing their men and secretly corrupting boys old enough to be their son. Doest that makes them an hypocrite?
Re: 29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun by OmotolaBoy(m): 10:47pm On Mar 23, 2023
Nothing person no go see
Re: 29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun by CCIA: 12:47am On Mar 24, 2023
Bahamas95:
Even me I wish I could be granted the wish for a time travel for a day.

I missed the opportunity to fvck Sharon when I was in JS3 because I didn't wanna cheat on my chewing gum girlfriend then.

Babe offer me tòtò free of charge I dey form gentleman/serious boyfriend. embarassed
grin
Re: 29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun by CCIA: 12:50am On Mar 24, 2023
meobizy:
Didn’t chinkos sniff her out? Maybe it was a predominantly white school.

Back in the day, 19 year old Asians and Caucasians gave me dirty looks, thinking I went to house parties to steal their love interests. Blacks exposed me quickly for being a few years close to thirty.
Are you still single?

1 Like

Re: 29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun by LeeSmart: 6:37am On Mar 24, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
she looks like a child too...
Yeah... Just daht dis chinese face matured small lol.
Re: 29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun by Shapeaso: 9:20am On Mar 24, 2023
Chinco with their quarter past eyes. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

It's No Crime Selling Human Parts - Suspect / Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported / Pastor Ken Adkins Sentenced To 35 Years For Aggravated Child Molestation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.