Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,419 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

“Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals (3996 Views)

“Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady , Janja Da Silva Reveals / Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival / Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Wife As Claimed By Women Of Rubies (But It Is Fake) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by opamoses1: 8:47pm On Mar 24, 2023
The first lady of Brazil , Janja Da Silva has revealed that Aroole Oodua, the Ooni of Ife is her Bàbá .

The wife of President Lula Da Silva thanked Olodumare for Ooni’s visit to the federal capital territory, she said our father has come to see his children in Brazil.

Janja Da Silva, a devotee of Òrìsà religion spoke on Thursday, 23rd . Mar. 2023 , she explained how Ooni of Ife is also her father. The soft spoken Olorisa said Ooni of Ife is the spiritual father of all Orisa practitioners in Brazil and worldwide, só he is her father too.

According to her , the practice of Orisa religion in Brazil is a blessing to the Latin American country, she spoke against religious intolerance and advised that every religion be respected.

Speaking on a radio channel this Thursday 23rd , March, 2023 in Brasilia, the first lady said she is an Orisa devotee, so Ooni of Ife spiritually is her father “ Ooni of Ife is the highest spiritual authority in the religions of African origin , I am very happy the king is with us on this very special occasion. Ooni of Ife is my Baba, my father “ Janja Da Silva said.

The Aroole Oodua who was received in Brasilia by the President of Brazil had also addressed Janja as his spiritual daughter throughout the meeting in Brasilia.

https://ancestrals.com.ng/2023/03/24/ooni-is-my-father-brazil-first-lady-janja-reveals/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by spearman(m): 8:49pm On Mar 24, 2023
NO HISTORY, NO CULTURE YIIBO SUICIDE LOADING OVER WHAT SHOULD ORDINARILY BE GOOD NEWS.
YORUBA AND YIIBO NO BE MATE. ASK CHINEDU VIVOR WHOSE OSU ANCESTORS WERE SOLD INTO SLAVERY THROUGH OPOBO PORT.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by FreeStuffsNG: 8:49pm On Mar 24, 2023
She is a practicing Ifa Priestess and a true descendant of Odua by race, faith and religion

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by absoluteSuccess: 8:49pm On Mar 24, 2023
Wow so beautiful.

God bless the Yoruba nation.

Oonirisa, kabiyesi, baba Yoruba, ese. Long may you reign sir.

The Yoruba spiritual songs from these people will mesmerize you any day.

Thank you Santeria Brazil.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by Boomkalakuta: 8:50pm On Mar 24, 2023
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by Formularcr7: 8:55pm On Mar 24, 2023
Oduduwa to the world, proudly Omoluabi

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by HydraFeeds(m): 8:59pm On Mar 24, 2023
The Yorubas are peace loving people,they only fight back when threatened.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 24, 2023
spearman:
NO HISTORY, NO CULTURE YIIBO SUICIDE LOADING OVER WHAT SHOULD ORDINARILY BE GOOD NEWS.
YORUBA AND YIIBO NO BE MATE. ASK CHINEDU VIVOR WHOSE OSU ANCESTORS WERE SOLD INTO SLAVERY THROUGH OPOBO PORT.

These idiots have started. Enu e bi furo adiye

3 Likes

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by habsydiamond(m): 9:00pm On Mar 24, 2023
Wow!!! Cultural heritage that most Nigerians have abandoned for foreign religions is making waves I Brazil. Nice one.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by NewestNigerian: 9:01pm On Mar 24, 2023
Reading this put a cute smile on my face.

I renounced the imported religons long ago. My mind have always been troubled to seek my root in True African Traditions. This piece aroused a new spirit in me.

I must visit Brazil someday.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by raskymonojendor: 9:03pm On Mar 24, 2023
The Brazilian president even has a cloth around his neck that says "Proudly Oduduwa" cheesy

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by MrBiGGEST(m): 9:05pm On Mar 24, 2023
spearman:
What's this?
Why must you keep comparing us with ibo's
Show some respect to yourself and respect each tribe with their differences.

You should delete that rubbish b4 Ogun kee you
I wouldn't be surprised if you're not actually a Yòruba.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by princepeter566: 9:05pm On Mar 24, 2023
Even to troll igbos u can't do it properly. Nothing good can ever come out if your generation.
spearman:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by raskymonojendor: 9:06pm On Mar 24, 2023
habsydiamond:
Wow!!! Cultural heritage that most Nigerians have abandoned for foreign religions is making waves I Brazil. Nice one.
If you watch "BIGGER THAN AFRICA" on Netflix, you would be close to tears of joy at different sections in the documentary. The Yorubas are blessed.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by NewestNigerian: 9:13pm On Mar 24, 2023
spearman:

Tribalists are Sadists in real life, people whose life is shattered and lost true meaning of existence.

I don't even see just Nigerians as One, I see the world as One. We are one big family who fail to tolerate our differences.

Cheers for your gullibility 🥂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by MrBiGGEST(m): 9:14pm On Mar 24, 2023
Take note:

According to her the practice of the Orisha religion is a blessing to them:

God bless the Yòruba race

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by lexylaw40: 9:16pm On Mar 24, 2023
This woman just want Igbos to keep wailing.... serious neck pressing...going on. I feel sorry for biafrans

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by ElSudani: 9:17pm On Mar 24, 2023
God bless awon omo Oduduwa wherever they are. Just imagine, someone born and raised in Lagos couldn't pronounce his own name and he is claiming Yoruba!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:17pm On Mar 24, 2023
a good part of Brazilians practice a religion called CANDOMBLE, which is very much related to yoruba and their deities. so Brazilians pray to a god named olodumare, and its orishas...the most famous one being YEMANJA, the goddess of the sea.

Candomble (brought from Slavery) is so much embedded into Brazilian culture that even non practicioners believe in Yemanja....to give you an idea, every year at new year celebration, millions go to Coppacabana beach wearing white and at 12 o clock jump in the water and bring flowers to thank YEMANJA (mother of all mothers, queen of the sea).

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by johnmartus(m): 9:18pm On Mar 24, 2023
grin
spearman:
Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by alanto: 9:20pm On Mar 24, 2023
What good will it do this woman to set Igboland on fire because of her reckless comment? How can she associate with an afonja?

We are going to sit at home in SE for two years over this woman's comment... We must hurt Brazil economy... Dem go collect..

Cc: Ohaneze, ESN, MTN, Mo Cheda... grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by fasmukol: 9:21pm On Mar 24, 2023
grin
Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by raskymonojendor: 9:21pm On Mar 24, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
a good part of Brazilians practice a religion called CANDOMBLE, which is very much related to yoruba and their deities. so Brazilians pray to a god named olodumare, and its orishas...the most famous one being YEMANJA, the goddess of the sea.

Candomble (brought from Slavery) is so much embedded into Brazilian culture that even non practicioners believe in Yemanja....to give you an idea, every year at new year celebration, millions go to Coppacabana beach wearing white and at 12 o clock jump in the water and bring flowers to thank YEMANJA (mother of all mothers, queen of the sea).
Trinidad and Tobago recently approved Yoruba traditional wedding as an official wedding just like court wedding into it's constitution. It's funny how Yorubas in the Diaspora appreciate the culture even more than the Yorubas in Nigeria.

17 Likes 8 Shares

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by MrBiGGEST(m): 9:24pm On Mar 24, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Trinidad and Tobago recently approved Yoruba traditional wedding as an official wedding just like court wedding into it's constitution. It's funny how Yorubas in the Diaspora appreciate the culture even more than the Yorubas in Nigeria.
I will try my best to attend the osun festival in ifè.

We are more than a tribe, that's why I never compare Yòruba culture with any other.

Even when I respect the other tribe

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by PoloG: 9:25pm On Mar 24, 2023
God bless yorubas worldwide cool

God punish igbos worldwide grin

2 Likes

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by alanto: 9:25pm On Mar 24, 2023
I love being Yoruba... It's not just a thing, our rich culture is something to be proud of...

We have respect for other tribes and races, we don't discriminate, we don't hate, we are easy to love because we love everybody.

We have respect for opinions, we accept different religions, we are tolerant, we are diverse, we are humble, we are wise, we are brave, we are plenty, we are one, we know love, we share love.

If you have never been to Yorubaland you should visit sometime... Yoruba people are one of the finest people you will ever meet... You must love them.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by lexylaw40: 9:31pm On Mar 24, 2023
God bless Yoruba land God bless NIGERIA God bless Africa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by ElSudani: 9:33pm On Mar 24, 2023
alanto:
I love being Yoruba... It's not just a thing, our rich culture is something to be proud of...

We have respect for other tribes and races, we don't discriminate, we don't hate, we are easy to love because we love everybody.

We have respect for opinions, we accept different religions, we are tolerant, we are diverse, we are humble, we are wise, we are brave, we are plenty, we are one, we know love, we share love.

If you have never been to Yorubaland you should visit sometime... Yoruba people are one of the finest people you will ever meet... You must love them.

Unfortunately, some people wish all of these to be the opposite. God is watching them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:47pm On Mar 24, 2023
Yoruba is bigger than Nigeria!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by alanto: 9:48pm On Mar 24, 2023
ElSudani:

Unfortunately, some people wish all of these to be the opposite. God is watching them.
Ti iro ba lo fun ogun odun, ojo kan ni ooto ma ba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by RakyshP: 10:17pm On Mar 24, 2023
Great!
Re: “Ooni Is My Father”- Brazil First Lady, Janja Da Silva Reveals by Rodimi20000000: 10:24pm On Mar 24, 2023

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. / Why Is It Only Africans That Have Tribes? / This Is The Lagos (yoruba) Wedding That Broke The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.