Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' (26236 Views)

I’m A Pure Yoruba Man From Nigeria - Emmanuel Adebayor / Bayern Defender Alphonso Davies Vibes To Nigerian Songs (Photos, Video) / Alphonso Davies: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Bit Upset (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by AImiron: 6:38pm On Mar 27, 2023
Bayern Munich defender Alphonso Davies is one of the best left-backs in the world, playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world, and winning silverware every season. But the Canadian defender has taken to Twitch to remind the world that footballers do not have it all, even if they do have plenty.

Speaking on his channel, the 22-year-old admitted that routine and boredom are issues for the professional footballer. Marca carried his comments.

It’s a bit worrying not having something to do, especially when all your friends have jobs. Life as a professional footballer is great to relax and enjoy. But after training, there’s nothing to do.”

Without a more ‘normal’ structure, Davies has a lot of time on his hands without many people to share it with.

Since I don’t have a family and my girlfriend doesn’t live with me, I’m alone. I probably have like five friends. I’m a popular loser.”

Those startlingly honest statements about his loneliness are surprising in the manner it was revealed, rather than the actual fact itself.

Those statements came almost on the same day as Bojan Krkic’s admission that he too suffered from loneliness while playing abroad. Bojan played in seven countries over the course of his career, and told Cadena SER that it isn’t always as glamorous as it sounds.

“I have the memory of arriving home, to darkness and silence. And to cause light, you have to turn on the light. To cause noise, you have to call someone. You have to turn on the TV, put on music. That silence is something you’re conscious of, and often is necessary, but at the same time, when you are abroad, it can be hard.”

Even if clubs and football are starting to understand their players as humans better, the emotional state of players is still glossed over in terms of understanding players from a wider perspective. Often a player’s structure and life off the pitch can have a major impact on how a player approaches their work.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.football-espana.net/2023/03/27/bayern-munich-star-alphonso-davies-makes-surprising-admission-im-a-popular-loser/amp

7 Likes

Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by Ayoefa: 7:18pm On Mar 27, 2023
K
Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by Ballzproblemm: 7:18pm On Mar 27, 2023
Alphonso Davies weekly wage:-€216,000

champions league winner

about 3 times bundesliga winner.

you go dey alright las Las

112 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 27, 2023
Alphonso Davies should STFU already.

He should come to Nigeria and find true happiness. angry

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by AnyanwuSilas: 7:19pm On Mar 27, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by kerry57: 7:19pm On Mar 27, 2023
That is psychologically derailing for u to have voiced it out.

15 Likes

Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by Mensch86631: 7:19pm On Mar 27, 2023
Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by BOLATINUBU01: 7:19pm On Mar 27, 2023
Let's switch then grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by Yugoslavia247(m): 7:19pm On Mar 27, 2023
Some have money but have no work

Some have much work but not money

We have work and we have money

Glory be to you o lord.

For those looking into God for Job.

May God remember you today.

Work that brings money to pay all your bills.

If you believe so will it be

Those in business. May God give you foresight to see opportunity when it still untapped.

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by Kentuforchrist(m): 7:19pm On Mar 27, 2023
Space bookers everywhere fighting for ftc
Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 27, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
Let's switch then grin

You are not switching with anybody.

You must wine and dine with Ewa, Cassava and Agbado.

150 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by Ekemz: 7:19pm On Mar 27, 2023
Believe in yourself 💪

1 Like

Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by Naudeyrushme(m): 7:19pm On Mar 27, 2023
Hmmm... the perks of being a star
Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by Angelfrost(m): 7:20pm On Mar 27, 2023
That's his personality!

It's not the same for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by Zico5(m): 7:20pm On Mar 27, 2023
These people don't know the grace they are enjoying. Maybe he can relocate Nigeria where there is noise and lots of attention. This life is not balanced at all

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by Infolenka: 7:20pm On Mar 27, 2023
See this fool. I'll rather be a "popular" loser than have hundreds of friends and still be broke.

All these spoiled kids that don't know suffering. Let's exchange so you will realize how lucky you are

Same way that foolish half chinko Naomi Osaka was complaining of depression when she has millions of dollars in her bank account.

Rich fools.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by Clinghton: 7:20pm On Mar 27, 2023
Nobody is truly satisfied even the rich and the poor.

18 Likes

Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by MorolayoVictor(m): 7:21pm On Mar 27, 2023
Haha!

Economics describes this life best, there will always be wants, many things are going to be beyond our reach, problems will come, we will cry, we will look for and probably find a little.

Life's a science.

10 Likes

Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by ATEAMS: 7:22pm On Mar 27, 2023
Hhahaha
Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by blowjohn(m): 7:23pm On Mar 27, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
Some have money but have no work

Some have much work but not money

We have work and we have money

Glory be to you o lord.

But emefelie don limit ur money na.
Abi 2k per withdrawal na money?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by jclassiq(m): 7:23pm On Mar 27, 2023
Miracood2:
Alphonso Davies should STFU already.

He should come to Nigeria and find true happiness. angry

You people should stop all these nonsense impulsive, thoughtless remark to everything you read.

What is it sef. Do you know anything about mental health?

22 Likes

Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by chatinent: 7:23pm On Mar 27, 2023
Popular loser wey carry grace pass Naija professor wages.

Ara agba la gi but you don't know!

12 Likes

Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by blowjohn(m): 7:23pm On Mar 27, 2023
Miracood2:

You are not switching with anybody.

You must wine and dine with Ewa, Cassava and Agbado.

With Hero beer(obi) and kunu(atiku)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by Yugoslavia247(m): 7:24pm On Mar 27, 2023
blowjohn:

But emefelie don limit ur money na.
Abi 2k per withdrawal na money?

Na wetin I wish my self be that.

Work that brings money.

7 Likes

Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by Passionate888: 7:24pm On Mar 27, 2023
cheesy
Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by Aboguede(m): 7:24pm On Mar 27, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by bigdammyj: 7:24pm On Mar 27, 2023
Noted.
Re: Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' by Wotowotoman: 7:24pm On Mar 27, 2023
Kentuforchrist:
Space bookers everywhere fighting for ftc

No mind those idiots angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV / 2019 AFCON: Debutant Madagascar wins first ever game in their history / Emmanuel Bonaventure Scores As Watford Thrashed Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.