Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,234 members, 7,860,499 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:49 AM

The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village (63804 Views)

See The Bush Cat My Father Caught At The Farm (Pictures) / See The Animal I Caught At A Building Site (Pictures) / Pictures Of The Massive Python My Dad Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by Godson32(m): 3:17pm On Mar 29, 2023
Mrvictorwrite:
This looks like Alligator. Alligators are amphibians tho.
Alligators are not amphibians, they are reptiles.
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by Iykenuwa(m): 7:09pm On Mar 29, 2023
Bahamas95:
Yes!

Fish na reptile? Nawa for you o.....FYI fish is neither reptile nor amphibian.

My point is they're almost cousins
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by Farfalla(f): 8:25pm On Mar 29, 2023
Mrvictorwrite:
This looks like Alligator. Alligators are amphibians tho.

Are they not reptiles? undecided

Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by Somebody2020: 4:40pm On Mar 31, 2023
greggng:

info@efcc.gov.ng
policemonitor@npf.gov.ng

Thanks
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by MeezPat(f): 9:00pm On Mar 31, 2023
Hi Poco.I tried to quote you on the Team Assistant job comment.Please, can you assist with the job posting or do I send a PM
pocohantas:

Ok
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by pocohantas(f): 10:23pm On Mar 31, 2023
MeezPat:
Hi Poco.I tried to quote you on the Team Assistant job comment.Please, can you assist with the job posting or do I send a PM

Hey Sis!

I referred someone else, but they turned him down. Finally discovered they didn’t want me doing that. It is basically of no use, but if you insist, I can send it to you.
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by MeezPat(f): 11:42pm On Mar 31, 2023
Thank you Poco..Make I try na
pocohantas:

Hey Sis!

I referred someone else, but they turned him down. Finally discovered they didn’t want me doing that. It is basically of no use, but if you insist, I can send it to you.
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by Ilaje44(m): 7:26am On Apr 01, 2023
Judybash93:

You probably caught a dwarf crocodile!
I repeat, there are no alligators in Africa!
Show us proof.. until then, your info is false
I told you my experience when I was a young fisherman in Nigeria some 40 odd years ago when you were probably not yet conceived and you are asking for a picture?
Have you set a trap in your life?
Sure, a lot of animals and plants (for most part undocumented) that existed back then, have gone extinct. And no, it was not because of over hunting. A lot of them died out due to the loss of their natural habitat.
Can you imagine that we caught the alligator, which by the way was not dwarf in any ramification, and the crocodiles in the Ogudu/Maryland axis of Lagos? Those were thick Forest back then and the "odò ìyá Aláró" Water system used to be a good fishing and hunting area. Now, that river was turned into a canal in 1995 and it is a stinky body of water today. If you take a walk from Maryland to Ọjọ́ta or Ogudu to Ifako/Oworonsoki, you cannot escape the malodour from that canal.
So you see, even if I cannot provide a pictorial evidence, it is not enough for you to discard my experience and make ridiculous assumptions, because in my language, we definitely can tell apart "ẹlẹ́gungùn" from "ọ̀nẹ̀ / Ọ̀nì".
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by Judybash93(m): 9:09pm On Apr 01, 2023
Ilaje44:

I told you my experience when I was a young fisherman in Nigeria some 40 odd years ago when you were probably not yet conceived and you are asking for a picture?
Have you set a trap in your life?
Sure, a lot of animals and plants (for most part undocumented) that existed back then, have gone extinct. And no, it was not because of over hunting. A lot of them died out due to the loss of their natural habitat.
Can you imagine that we caught the alligator, which by the way was not dwarf in any ramification, and the crocodiles in the Ogudu/Maryland axis of Lagos? Those were thick Forest back then and the "odò ìyá Aláró" Water system used to be a good fishing and hunting area. Now, that river was turned into a canal in 1995 and it is a stinky body of water today. If you take a walk from Maryland to Ọjọ́ta or Ogudu to Ifako/Oworonsoki, you cannot escape the malodour from that canal.
So you see, even if I cannot provide a pictorial evidence, it is not enough for you to discard my experience and make ridiculous assumptions, because in my language, we definitely can tell apart "ẹlẹ́gungùn" from "ọ̀nẹ̀ / Ọ̀nì".

Okay! Agba apeja! Ejoo e gbe iwadi yin losi odo awon to n se iwadi awon eranko, ki e je kan mo pe alligator wa ni ile adulawo. Ese o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 / A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full / See The ₦600 Banana And Groundnut I Bought In Uyo (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.