Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

I Keep Hear This 'aye' Or 'aiye' - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Keep Hear This 'aye' Or 'aiye' (12602 Views)

Ile Aiye- "Celebraton Of Black Way Of Life" / New Yoruba Movie: AYE MI / Benue People, What Does Aiye Po Gan Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Keep Hear This 'aye' Or 'aiye' by zobay(m): 10:13am On Sep 19, 2011
can any good yoruba guy explain this for me- who is 'aye'
Re: I Keep Hear This 'aye' Or 'aiye' by VALIDATOR: 11:23am On Sep 19, 2011
Aye are fictitious people whose only job is to harm good people through means of remote control .

In reality the believe in aye is directly tied to our people's attitude of not wanting to accept responsibilities for their own actions or inactions. When things don't go their way,it is easier for them to assume someone else who hates them is responsible for it even in the absence of any physical evidence. It is borne out of pure lazy thinking.
Re: I Keep Hear This 'aye' Or 'aiye' by zobay(m): 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2011
In reality the believe in aye is directly tied to our people's attitude of not wanting to accept responsibilities for their own actions or inactions. When things don't go their way,it is easier for them to assume someone else who hates them is responsible for it even in the absence of any physical evidence. It is borne out of pure lazy thinking.

Thank you! i feel u.
Re: I Keep Hear This 'aye' Or 'aiye' by Beaf: 6:13pm On Sep 19, 2011
Aye are people that can connect to NEPA when there is no light. They can do many wonderful things! The other day, one landed on someone's house while on a routine "flight" from obubra to Lagos bearing gifts of leprosy for a sorry soul. She was arrested by our vigilant police who have a way of efficiently trapping errant aye's. Just last week, one that had turned into a goat after being rumbled while stealing a car was arrested by the police. That goat is now in custody and is said to be answering police questions.

That goat was arrested for armed robbery! cool
Re: I Keep Hear This 'aye' Or 'aiye' by tpia5: 11:09am On Sep 20, 2011
Aye means world.

It has another, more esoteric meaning in yoruba traditional religion, to mean something akin to the greek fates.

Aye is usually a negative force and do not bring good tidings to a person. The concept is used to explain bad things happening to someone.

The remedy, when applicable, is usually thought to lie in sacrifices or solutions recommended by a juju priest, but if you're a believer, then Jesus.
Re: I Keep Hear This 'aye' Or 'aiye' by KnowAll(m): 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2011
Aiye is Life – ‘Aiye lo pa’ – ‘Na life kill am’ – means when one indulges in some perils of life that is over indulgence, like drinking too much or snorting cocaine too much or even bleeping women without condom too much, the consequence of all these actions is what is called ‘aiye’. You die by the life style you have chosen.

2 Likes

Re: I Keep Hear This 'aye' Or 'aiye' by tpia5: 10:52pm On Sep 21, 2011
True, aiye also means life.

It can refer to earth, or witches also.
Re: I Keep Hear This 'aye' Or 'aiye' by zobay(m): 11:11am On Sep 22, 2011
Thank u guys

@Know all , but when smbd is sick for long time/ suffering for one ailment for long i keep hearing 'Aye lo nse' or 'Aye ti lowo si' and so on
Re: I Keep Hear This 'aye' Or 'aiye' by tpia5: 10:46am On Sep 23, 2011
In that context, aye is blamed for mysterious problems of unknown etiology.

Meaning whoever is behind the strange happening/s, is not known, or undercover.

Most times its actually someone close to the afflicted doing it for whatever reason, and being manipulated by an outside party.
Re: I Keep Hear This 'aye' Or 'aiye' by KnowAll(m): 11:22am On Sep 23, 2011
Thank u guys

@Know all , but when smbd is sick for long time/ suffering for one ailment for long i keep hearing 'Aye lo nse' or 'Aye ti lowo si' and so on

You can be suffering from one illness to the other because of 'defiance' on your part, I am somebody that believes in the bible if you are not following the tenents of the bible, badluck, ju-ju, and all kind of sundry and unsavoury powers could easily attack you. On the other hand if you are 'obeident' and follow God's work with zeal you can also be attacked by the devil - just like 'job' was attacked in the bible. The moral of the story is you have to stand steadfast in what you believe in and follow it to the logical end, even if death is stiring you in the face.
Re: I Keep Hear This 'aye' Or 'aiye' by phoenix28: 7:13am On Sep 24, 2011
Oni mo aye , No try know aiye or aye as you call am o.

(1) (Reply)

Do People From Calabar & Akwa Ibom Eat Humans? / Nigerian Traditonal Wedding: Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo / Please What Is Yimu In English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.