Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work (35579 Views)

How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview / Today Is My Last Day Of Work, Wish Me Good Luck. / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 28, 2023
Good Day N'Ls..
Finally, I fixed the bike I bought last week. Driving my okada today and I was able to raise about 3k!

While riding under the hot sun, I was flagged down by this tall well looking, fair guy.. He told me his location and we agreed for transfer, he's to pay me 200 naira.

While on trans, he told me we should branch an eatery, he needs to get something for himself.

Baba went inside after I packed the bike, came out with 3 meatpile.

All of a sudden, He gave me 1meat-pie! Claiming he loves the way I drive.

We got to our destination, immediately a boy of about 10years+ came to him and whispered something to him, immediately he became uncomfortable.

He asked me to give him 2k cash that he'll transfer it to me with my okada money and that it's a matter of life and death.

I gave this guy and he ran into a compound, though he told me he'll be back in right now.

I'm still there and is more than an hour and bros is no where to be found.

I'm at home now thinking about my loss of 2500, this life sha..

241 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Neverslumber(f): 4:12pm On Mar 28, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Neverslumber(f): 4:14pm On Mar 28, 2023
But did you enjoy the meat pie?

457 Likes 29 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 28, 2023
Neverslumber:
But did you enjoy the meat pie?
are you For real?

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by dangoteinlaw: 4:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
grin grin am sure the meatpie was very tasty

179 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by eddynaira125: 4:22pm On Mar 28, 2023
But what about the meatpie, share how it taste, we need to know

148 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Adeolaeniola(m): 4:22pm On Mar 28, 2023
Bro, that is cruel of a human being.
I once have a similar experience.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by fennels007(m): 4:24pm On Mar 28, 2023
I have experienced similar thing in my keke business. I have learnt my lessons. I will never fall for such cheap scam.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 28, 2023
Adeolaeniola:
Bro, that is cruel of a human being.
I once have a similar experience.
I'm pained... Just starring at the meatpie like this!
Please share your experience... Kai, the street is not friendly

43 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 28, 2023
fennels007:
I have experienced similar thing in my keke business. I have learnt my lessons. I will never fall for such cheap scam.
Hmmm, is this the new norm.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Inner19(m): 4:34pm On Mar 28, 2023
Adebisi0070:
Good Day N'Ls..
Finally, I fixed the bike I bought last week. Driving my okada today and I was able to raise about 3k! While riding under the hot sun, I was flagged down by this tall well looking, fair guy.. He told me his location and we agreed for transfer, he's to pay me 200 naira. While on trans, he told me we should branch an eatery, he needs to get something for himself. Baba went inside after I packed the bike, came out with 3 meatpile. All of a sudden, He gave me 1meat-pie! Claimin he loves the way I drive.
We got to our destination, immediately a boy of about 10years+ came to him and whispered something to him, immediately he became uncomfortable. He asked me to give him 2k cash that he'll transfer it to me with my okada money and that it's a matter of life and death. I gave this guy and he ran into a compound, tho he told me he'll be back in now now now.
I'm still there and is more than an hour and bros is no where to be found, i'm at home now thinking about my loss of 2500, this life sha..

I'm so sorry to hear that.
I was scammed too on Sunday.

Come back to this comment in 10minutes to read my own story.

(10 minutes later)

I'm back

So, I got a contract to do Barbeque Chicken for our Church Youth Dinner. I got a guy on my street who does Barbeque for sale to do it for me. We agreed on price and I paid him over 70% of the money. I gave him the 100 pieces of chicken.

The dinner was on Sunday Evening by 6pm. To finish by 8pm so people can go home early enough.

The Barbeque man said I should come by 6pm to carry the chicken. I got there at 6, Baba has not finished atall. Some were still on the fire. He had like 21 not done atall.

I almost fainted.

I carried the remaining 79 like that to church. And that was the main meal. No rice. We started serving, it did not go round. People were complaining cos they paid money for the dinner.

I came back at the man's place at 7pm, he had not still finished.

Bottom like, baba did not still finish barbequing the chicken, people went home angry especially those that had nothing to eat. He was not even bothered and by 10pm he told me to carry the remaining chicken home and go and fry myself since people had left.

I counted the remaining chicken and it was 12 fresh ones remaining to barbecue at the time. Told him to pack it in nylon let me go and bring a bowl to put it. Came back later and collected it. Got home and discovered only 6 pieces of chicken were in the Nylon.

After all he had done, He still had the mind to remove 6 pieces of chicken after ruining our event and embarrassing me infront of everyone.

What I've realised is that some people are just cursed from the pit of hell. They can never change who they are.

Wherever he is, Calamity will follow forever. That's my prayer.

195 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by adecz: 4:40pm On Mar 28, 2023
You dey fear to enter the
compound❓❓ 😶😶😶

10 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Justice505: 4:40pm On Mar 28, 2023
Lol
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by tommy589(m): 4:44pm On Mar 28, 2023
Thank God for your life.

You still get mouth to talk,hungry lion (except you no chop am)A total stranger gave you meat pie and you devoured it.
Shebi na only 2500 he collect,if na the one of lacing the meat pie with sleeping drugs to collect your bike. 3 days you are still sleeping by the roadside

120 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:56pm On Mar 28, 2023
Adebisi0070:
Good Day N'Ls..
Finally, I fixed the bike I bought last week. Driving my okada today and I was able to raise about 3k! While riding under the hot sun, I was flagged down by this tall well looking, fair guy.. He told me his location and we agreed for transfer, he's to pay me 200 naira. While on trans, he told me we should branch an eatery, he needs to get something for himself. Baba went inside after I packed the bike, came out with 3 meatpile. All of a sudden, He gave me 1meat-pie! Claimin he loves the way I drive.
We got to our destination, immediately a boy of about 10years+ came to him and whispered something to him, immediately he became uncomfortable. He asked me to give him 2k cash that he'll transfer it to me with my okada money and that it's a matter of life and death. I gave this guy and he ran into a compound, tho he told me he'll be back in now now now.
I'm still there and is more than an hour and bros is no where to be found, i'm at home now thinking about my loss of 2500, this life sha..

i dont know whats more crazy/funny here...
A) you accepting food from a total stranger, B) you giving this yeye person 2k and letting him run away with it just like that or
C) saying that you lost 2500 while anyone who is good in math understand that 2000 + 200 makes 2200, not 2500

109 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by ritzyvic1(m): 4:59pm On Mar 28, 2023
I once had a parasitic friend like that.
He'll try to endear himself to one by doing you a little favour so that sense of gratitude wouldn't allow you refuse his extorting request later.

I finally cut him off

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by budaatum: 5:02pm On Mar 28, 2023
Inner19:

So, I got a contract to do Barbeque Chicken for our Church Youth Dinner. I got a guy on my street who does Barbeque for sale to do it for me. We agreed on price and I paid him over 70% of the money. I gave him the 100 pieces of chicken.

Naija people, as my niece would say.

How can barbeque of 100 pieces of chicken be a contract, for Christ sakes, instead of do it yourself? Whatever you paid can not possibly be an incentive to produce especially if he starts thinking of you benefitting from the sweat of his labour!

Sometimes, you scam yourself by eating meat pie you overpaid 2.5k plus 200 for. That's why we all asking how it tasted since it cost so much.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by budaatum: 5:06pm On Mar 28, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

A) you accepting food from a total stranger, B) you giving this yeye person 2k and letting him run away with it just like that or
C) saying that you lost 2500 while anyone who is good in math understand that 2000 + 200 makes 2200, not 2500

I think he's added non-tangibles like loss of sweat, cost of "still there and is more than an hour", and cost related to him thinking how silly he must have been.

My calculations was even higher than his at 2.7k

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Inner19(m): 5:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
budaatum:

How can barbeque of 100 pieces of chicken be a contract, for Christ sakes, instead of do it yourself?

Whatever you paid can not possibly be an incentive to produce especially if he starts thinking of you benefitting from the sweat of his labour!

Sometimes, you scam yourself by eating meat pie you overpaid 2.5k plus 200 for. That's why we all asking how it tasted since it cost so much.

Next time, I will come and collect the equipment they use for barbeque from your hand....okay.

And for ur last paragraph, u do not make any sense.

43 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Inner19(m): 5:27pm On Mar 28, 2023
budaatum:

How can barbeque of 100 pieces of chicken be a contract, for Christ sakes, instead of do it yourself?

Whatever you paid can not possibly be an incentive to produce especially if he starts thinking of you benefitting from the sweat of his labour!

And just so u know, I found out that thieves came to that guy's house and stole all his valuables from phones, laptops and wiped his bank account.

How did I know? Story for another day.

Talk about Karma.

The wicked shall never go unpunished.

GOD NEVER SLEEPS

I just wanted to let u know since u are a Defender of Crime.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by budaatum: 5:27pm On Mar 28, 2023
Inner19:

Next time, I will come and rent the equipment they use for barbeque from your hand....okay.

And for ur second paragraph, u do not make any sense.

The second paragraph was not meant to make sense to you unless you wise up.

You saying you could have rented the equipment? Now why didn't we think of that instead of renting the barbeque man's brain?

You don't sound like you know what you were doing is my point, just as the op too was new to the okada driving it seems. When he's spent hours earning 2k, he would not so easily give it away.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:29pm On Mar 28, 2023
budaatum:
I think he's added non-tangibles like loss of sweat, cost of "still there and is more than an hour", and cost related to him thinking how silly he must have been.

My calculations was even higher than his at 2.7k

its his 1st day as an okada driver, hopefully he will learn a great lesson today.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by budaatum: 5:29pm On Mar 28, 2023
Inner19:

And just so u know, I found out that thieves came to that guy's house and stole all his valuables from phones, laptops and wiped his bank account.

How did I know? Story for another.

Talk about Karma.

The wicked shall never go unpunished.

I just wanted to let u know since u are a Defender of Crime.

Did you send the thieves to his home? If you are caught, I will not defend you!

5 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Inner19(m): 5:33pm On Mar 28, 2023
budaatum:

How can barbeque of 100 pieces of chicken be a contract, for Christ sakes, instead of do it yourself? Whatever you paid can not possibly be an incentive to produce especially if he starts thinking of you benefitting from the sweat of his labour!

Listen to yourself. How does your statement sound

Since u don't have any work or job doing in life, it's people like u that will sit down and be cooking your wedding rice on your wedding day.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Adeolaeniola(m): 5:42pm On Mar 28, 2023
Adebisi0070:
I'm pained... Just starring at the meatpie like this!
Please share your experience... Kai, the street is not friendly
Something around 2012, I'm a maruwa operator then.
This guy chartered me from ikotun down to idi-araba telling me he want to carry some goods from luth hospital back to ikotun, we bargain and the money look good to me not too high tho. the first red flag I should notice then is that some area boys are saluting this guy in a manner I should be cautious but I ignored the sign and he even asks me to tip them which I obliged.
To cut the story short, we enter luth hospital compounds, and this guy just enters one store and comes back and tells me that he can't find the person he usually buys goods from and his phone is down I should borrow him my phone to contact the person and according to some rumors in the store the goods he wants to buy as skyrocketed so I should borrow him addition 3k,naso I carry my hard earn money give this guy dat very day ooo.
I don't know there is another entrance behind the store.na so the guy carries my phone and money run ooo.
The funniest part be sai, if I call the guy e dey pick my call

98 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by budaatum: 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2023
Inner19:

Listen to yourself. How does your statement sound

Since u don't have any work or job doing in life, it's people like u that will sit down and be cooking your wedding rice on your wedding day.

People who don't have "any work or job doing in life" don't usually get married, or at least they shouldn't. And if they do get married, rice shouldn't be cooked nor served.

Anyway, It's so empowering to take responsibility and learn, so I hope you learnt to not make the same mistake again instead of blaming others.

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by budaatum: 5:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
Adeolaeniola:

The funniest part be sai, if I call the guy e dey pick my call.

Lol. That's funny.

7 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Nemesis0147(m): 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2023
Sorry about your predicament…
This reminds me of something that happened to one of my home boy in the village that year😂
Dude bought a new bike for his okada business….within 1week he bought the bike…he picked up a passenger one day and the guy was on NYSC khaki….half way to the guy’s destination…he asked my guy to let him ride the bike that it has been long….my guy give this guy bike oh….d guy say mk he ride up and come back….my guy stayed and waited for him for more than 3 hrs straight before eyes clear am😂😂

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Somebody2020: 6:10pm On Mar 28, 2023
Please Nairalanders,
I purchased a pair of shoes from Jumia on the 8th February but I had to cancelled the order the same day when I realized the situation of the country was getting bad. I got a message from them on the 9th confirming the money in my Jumia voucher then I emailed them to help transfer the funds to my bank account. I received an email asking for bank info which I forwarded to them. They asked me to wait for 5 working days for the money to be paid.
After the 5 working days elapsed and the money is not there I went to my bank and I was asked to contact Jumia. I contacted them immediately on livechat and lodge complaint. I was not satisfied with their response on live chat and that prompted me to send another email they acknowledged it and promised to escalated the issue to my bank and promised today being 28th March all issue would be resolved.
I also asked my bank to follow up with that and gave them transaction info Jumia provided.
I went to my bank today but no money.
I chatted with Jumia representative, they asked me to wait again.
This is frustrating... I need my money back.
Please Nairalanders how can I go about this to get my refund.
Thank you guys.
I’ll be waiting for your advices.

Yours,
Somebody
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 28, 2023
tommy589:
Thank God for your life.

You still get mouth to talk,hungry lion (except you no chop am)A total stranger gave you meat pie and you devoured it.
Shebi na only 2500 he collect,if na the one of lacing the meat pie with sleeping drugs to collect your bike. 3 days you are still sleeping by the roadside
Is this the right time for this bro? Haba, i'm in pain here

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 28, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

Added three hundred naira to the bill for the added time (the eatery & waitin for him)

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Orders The Recruitment Of Constables For Community Policing / The CV That “works” In Nigeria – Adenike Fadina / Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.