Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work (35664 Views)

How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview / Today Is My Last Day Of Work, Wish Me Good Luck. / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by ghettochild(m): 12:26pm On Mar 29, 2023
Inner19:

And just so u know, I found out that thieves came to that guy's house and stole all his valuables from phones, laptops and wiped his bank account.

How did I know? Story for another day.

Talk about Karma.

The wicked shall never go unpunished.

GOD NEVER SLEEPS

I just wanted to let u know since u are a Defender of Crime.
Please tell us the story bro. Make we learn lesson
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Edoziesmart(m): 12:27pm On Mar 29, 2023
Jheypeel:

He should enter the compound and not see his bike by the time he’s out
You still don’t get it,do you?
That was the initial plan
Get him to come inside so they can finish him completely
You are 100% right

That's plan work. Had it being he entered the compound to look for that man, that's the end of his bike.

Anyway let him just sacrifice the 2500 naira and move on.

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by tonididdy(m): 12:28pm On Mar 29, 2023
This looks like tales from the stables of investor sabinus !

3 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Quebec91(m): 12:29pm On Mar 29, 2023
cheesy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Adebisi0070:
Good Day N'Ls..
Finally, I fixed the bike I bought last week. Driving my okada today and I was able to raise about 3k!

While riding under the hot sun, I was flagged down by this tall well looking, fair guy.. He told me his location and we agreed for transfer, he's to pay me 200 naira.

While on trans, he told me we should branch an eatery, he needs to get something for himself.

Baba went inside after I packed the bike, came out with 3 meatpile.

All of a sudden, He gave me 1meat-pie! Claiming he loves the way I drive.

We got to our destination, immediately a boy of about 10years+ came to him and whispered something to him, immediately he became uncomfortable.

He asked me to give him 2k cash that he'll transfer it to me with my okada money and that it's a matter of life and death.

I gave this guy and he ran into a compound, though he told me he'll be back in right now.

I'm still there and is more than an hour and bros is no where to be found.

I'm at home now thinking about my loss of 2500, this life sha..
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by budaatum: 12:30pm On Mar 29, 2023
Pickmycall:
It's your fault na.You for prepare am yourself.Just hire barbeque drum,buy charcoal and hire someone who can either prepare the recipe or roadt the chicken right at the venue of the program or you can do it yourself.Youtube can help.
He made it sound like rocket science or building third mainland bridge.

WantsandMore:
seriously, would been fun roasting at the venue, no b everything person suppose dey outsource sha.
Even the venue people might have enjoyed watching him barbecue, which would have drummed him more business. Instead, he outsourced 100 chicken to barbeque man and got 79 in return, lol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by micflo28(m): 12:30pm On Mar 29, 2023
Stop helping people with your business money, it's better you let him go without paying the bike fare. Sha, put it behind you. You are wiser now and aware of this strategy.

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by FarahAideed: 12:31pm On Mar 29, 2023
Neverslumber:
But did you enjoy the meat pie?
😁😁
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by udemzyudex(m): 12:35pm On Mar 29, 2023
Lol... This your experience just dey make me laugh. grin

Tomorrow is another day,I believe you don learn.
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by MissOpe(f): 12:40pm On Mar 29, 2023
budaatum:

I think he's added non-tangibles like loss of sweat, cost of "still there and is more than an hour", and cost related to him thinking how silly he must have been.

My calculations was even higher than his at 2.7k

Do thoughts and stupidity now have a price? grin
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Father4all: 12:41pm On Mar 29, 2023
Small money. The man must be a hungry person
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Bobbiee: 12:42pm On Mar 29, 2023
Good for you
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by babz11(m): 12:42pm On Mar 29, 2023
[quote author=MrBrownJay1 post=122127753]

i dont know whats more crazy/funny here...
A) you accepting food from a total stranger, B) you giving this yeye person 2k and letting him run away with it just like that or
C) saying that you lost 2500 while anyone who is good in math understand that 2000 + 200 makes 2200, not 2500[/quote

2200 minus meat pie grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by MamaletASO: 12:42pm On Mar 29, 2023
Sour experience.

Sorry about that..
He think he is smart but he will surely pay back big time...

Lick your wounds..and cheer up

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Dolphineyes(m): 12:46pm On Mar 29, 2023
Adebisi0070:
Good Day N'Ls..
Finally, I fixed the bike I bought last week. Driving my okada today and I was able to raise about 3k!

While riding under the hot sun, I was flagged down by this tall well looking, fair guy.. He told me his location and we agreed for transfer, he's to pay me 200 naira.

While on trans, he told me we should branch an eatery, he needs to get something for himself.

Let me share a story.

I picked up someone at the airport, dropped them at their hotel then took a bike to my own hotel.

At about 10pm, they called me for something regarding their event the next day, I stepped out and hailed a bike to take me to their hotel. I told the bike man to wait to return me back to my own hotel.

Immediately I stepped into that hotel and met my guest, I forgot about the bike man outside! 40mins later, my guest said something and that’s when it hit me, the bike man outside! I scaled stairs but he was gone. I couldn’t believe myself.

Thankfully, the gatemen paid him for me, and took his number.

I reimbursed them, with a tip, then called him. I was profused with my apologies. He understood. And I tipped him too. Cos he came back to the hotel that same night.

So, it could have been anything. Maybe he got caught up and forgot all about you.

I’m sorry you went through that.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Treassured: 12:47pm On Mar 29, 2023
Adeolaeniola:

Something around 2012, I'm a maruwa operator then.
This guy chartered me from ikotun down to idi-araba telling me he want to carry some goods from luth hospital back to ikotun, we bargain and the money look good to me not too high tho. the first red flag I should notice then is that some area boys are saluting this guy in a manner I should be cautious but I ignored the sign and he even asks me to tip them which I obliged.
To cut the story short, we enter luth hospital compounds, and this guy just enters one store and comes back and tells me that he can't find the person he usually buys goods from and his phone is down I should borrow him my phone to contact the person and according to some rumors in the store the goods he wants to buy as skyrocketed so I should borrow him addition 3k,naso I carry my hard earn money give this guy dat very day ooo.

I don't know there is another entrance behind the store.

Na so the guy carries my phone and money run ooo.
The funniest part be sai, if I call the guy e dey pick my call

LAGOS!!!🤣🤣🤣

Some people usually Use the Bolded Format a lot. I have Witness such Scenario Live.

Some people no Just get the Fear of God at all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by EastAlchemist: 12:50pm On Mar 29, 2023
Neverslumber:
Exactly
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by lifeofkelvino(m): 12:53pm On Mar 29, 2023
Adebisi0070:
Good Day N'Ls..

All of a sudden, He gave me 1meat-pie! Claiming he loves the way I drive.

We got to our destination, immediately a boy of about 10years+ came to him and whispered something to him, immediately he became uncomfortable.

He asked me to give him 2k cash that he'll transfer it to me with my okada money and that it's a matter of life and death.

I gave this guy and he ran into a compound, though he told me he'll be back in right now.

I'm still there and is more than an hour and bros is no where to be found.

Send me your account. Let me refund the 2k

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by ViceGovernor: 12:54pm On Mar 29, 2023
adecz:

You dey fear to enter the
compound❓❓ 😶😶😶
If he enter that compound I swr to Christ almighty he won't meet his okada outside.
That is their aim

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by kezienaira: 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2023
tommy589:
Thank God for your life.

You still get mouth to talk,hungry lion (except you no chop am)A total stranger gave you meat pie and you devoured it.
Shebi na only 2500 he collect,if na the one of lacing the meat pie with sleeping drugs to collect your bike. 3 days you are still sleeping by the roadside
So now what's your point
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by budaatum: 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2023
MissOpe:

Do thoughts and stupidity now have a price? grin

I think they do. I mean, they usually are not free and often bear a cost.

So yes, "thoughts and stupidity now have a price" because they cost something.
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Treassured: 12:57pm On Mar 29, 2023
BiGVEEN58:

Free things kill. That's how I lost my phone because of ordinary keke free lift. Lol

I guess the Phone Slipped out of your Pocket Inside the Keke right?😳
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by kezienaira: 12:58pm On Mar 29, 2023
budaatum:

Naija people, as my niece would say.

How can barbeque of 100 pieces of chicken be a contract, for Christ sakes, instead of do it yourself? Whatever you paid can not possibly be an incentive to produce especially if he starts thinking of you benefitting from the sweat of his labour!

Sometimes, you scam yourself by eating meat pie you overpaid 2.5k plus 200 for. That's why we all asking how it tasted since it cost so much.

What's this nonsense you wrote here?

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Exceed15: 1:02pm On Mar 29, 2023
Neverslumber:

C'mon!
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Owoado(m): 1:02pm On Mar 29, 2023
Terrible
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Treassured: 1:02pm On Mar 29, 2023
Nemesis0147:
Sorry about your predicament…
This reminds me of something that happened to one of my home boy in the village that year😂
Dude bought a new bike for his okada business….within 1week he bought the bike…he picked up a passenger one day and the guy was on NYSC khaki….half way to the guy’s destination…he asked my guy to let him ride the bike that it has been long….my guy give this guy bike oh….d guy say mk he ride up and come back….my guy stayed and waited for him for more than 3 hrs straight before eyes clear am😂😂

Someone Must be Super Sensitive and Very Alert when dealing with Some Nigerians😒

Most especially If you are the type with a Good Heart❤
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by chukwudiology(m): 1:03pm On Mar 29, 2023
This life no easy, u dey find ur own me I dey find own. If I tell u say I wasted 10k for woman head yesterday, yet I no see her pant, u no go believe me.
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by MissOpe(f): 1:03pm On Mar 29, 2023
budaatum:

I think they do. I mean, they usually are not free and often bear a cost.

So yes, "thoughts and stupidity now have a price" because they cost something.

grin angry angry grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by budaatum: 1:05pm On Mar 29, 2023
kezienaira:

What's this nonsense you wrote here?

It's only for people who can read to understand.
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by ROK123: 1:06pm On Mar 29, 2023
You mean he gave you a meat pie, and you accepted?

That was the beginning of the scam, he first put you where he wanted and did the needful

Lesson: Do not trust people easily

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Treasure17(m): 1:08pm On Mar 29, 2023
tommy589:
Thank God for your life.

You still get mouth to talk,hungry lion (except you no chop am)A total stranger gave you meat pie and you devoured it.
Shebi na only 2500 he collect,if na the one of lacing the meat pie with sleeping drugs to collect your bike. 3 days you are still sleeping by the roadside
grin grin grin
Three days bawo?
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Owoado(m): 1:09pm On Mar 29, 2023
Adebisi0070:
Good Day N'Ls..

Sorry about this...na funny story

DM me and I'll reimburse your loss

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by budaatum: 1:09pm On Mar 29, 2023
MissOpe:

grin angry angry grin grin grin grin grin grin

Trust me when I say I wish it wasn't true.

Thankfully the cost of stupidity can be mitigated if one sees it as a learning opportunity. Then it become an educational cost, like buying school

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Force Batch2016 Recruitment (APRIL 1st) / Saudi Arabia Recruitment Of Nigerian Doctors 2021 / Chevron Nig Ltd Accepting Hard Copy Cv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.