Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,256 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? (16195 Views)

Who Knows About Or Have Worked With This Company? / Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming / Have You Worked In A Family Owned Business? Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Truthsoldier(m): 4:56pm On Mar 28, 2023
Yesterday I was discussing with a friend and one of the issues he raised was of employer and employee squabbles and differences he is currently facing in his place of work,because of conflict with his boss wife.

I had to remember my encounter in one of the places I once worked as a tutor then,the man was in charge and he was almost running everything in that school,no duplication of offices,his wife was also this kind of person that gets uncomfortable when someone brings up opinions, she counters it and tries to talk to staff as kids,I had to leave that place,to save my sanity.

For my friend he had similar complaint too, I don't know for sure but how do you see that.

Most especially when the outfit is being owned by both couples and both working in the same place with employees?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by b3llo(m): 5:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
Working under husband and wife isn't funny especially if they are your boss or own the business.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by illicit(m): 7:01pm On Mar 28, 2023
Yes

They were both directors in their own company

Wonderful couple

If u meet either of them, they will tell u d same thing

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by LadyPortable(f): 11:31am On Mar 29, 2023
It's not an easy environment to work in cos you'll be torn between which of them is the boss.
Woe betide you, if you're a beautiful lady and oga is becoming overly friendly with you. Madam will find it hard to release your entitlement/benefits with the incessant complaints that you are sleeping with her man. I hate working in such environment it's most times toxic

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by LoveJesus87(m): 11:31am On Mar 29, 2023
grin
Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Authoreety: 11:32am On Mar 29, 2023
My church

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by kunlesehan(m): 11:32am On Mar 29, 2023
Hmmm ... it's like living in the same compound with your landlord.

That's my view as a Realtor.

33 Likes

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Quest7777: 11:32am On Mar 29, 2023
Not ideal for married couple to work in same place except they are the owners. But even at that, such businesses remain on small scale.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by VBCampaign: 11:35am On Mar 29, 2023
I worked with The Bamgboses, owners of Educational Advancement Center (EAC), Ibadan, between 2008 and 2010. Husband and wife bosses of the school. Theres was not heaven on earth, but they had a synergy that made the organization work. The man was visionary. The woman was an executor. They used the same office. It is something I doubt my wife and I can do bc it is quite rare to have couples work so well together. Looking back now, I must commend the Bamgboses for a job well done and it is not a surprise that EAC is still a leading A level center in Nigeria today.

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Josephamstrong1(m): 11:35am On Mar 29, 2023
It depends
Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by UgoFly: 11:36am On Mar 29, 2023
Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Odunharry(m): 11:38am On Mar 29, 2023
Yes I have seen..
Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by KAjAsG: 11:42am On Mar 29, 2023
It's difficult situation

1 Like

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Creditalerts: 11:46am On Mar 29, 2023
grin
The good the bad and the ugly
Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by iamsolasoul(f): 11:46am On Mar 29, 2023
Yes I have two couples actually and it gave me a lot of real life experience because everyone is different. You have those who are focused on making money and those who are more interested in providing a safe working environment for their employees that's the main thing.

Anywhere that your fundamental rights are being denied is not home remember that.

Start early my first business 1990

5 Likes

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by blueghost(m): 11:49am On Mar 29, 2023
Never had such experience but I have seen couples working in the same office/ministry infact shebe there was one time some couples in Nigeria army were promoted to colonel. Even in police I have heard couple working together.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Gaabasky: 11:50am On Mar 29, 2023
Nothing bad on that. In fact if u meet nice one your breakfast and lunch will be a secured ones. To some u become their sonns/ daughters or brother/sisters. They give a listening ear and welcome ideas but if u are unlucky your name na sorry.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Lemmy123(m): 11:53am On Mar 29, 2023
I haven't, but it'd be fun I suppose because the two of them can't be bad at the same time... Whatever, if you have a bad boss couple, it makes you able to deal with different behavioural tendencies anywhere you go
Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Isabi4lov: 11:54am On Mar 29, 2023
grin Yes I've worked with one before , the man is an easy going person while the wife was the opposite, it wasn't a nice experience for me at all ,especially with the woman.

The day I left there , she even rejected my resignation letter, telling me that what will I be doing at home .... That there's no job any where bla bla bla . My dad was the happiest man on earth the very day I left their work .

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by id4sho(m): 11:55am On Mar 29, 2023
shocked
Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Roon9(m): 11:57am On Mar 29, 2023
Aproko pro max grin
Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by SpatialKing(m): 11:59am On Mar 29, 2023
Yes I once worked Ghanian couples
Was an international organization

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by pocohantas(f): 12:01pm On Mar 29, 2023
This is common in a sole proprietorship or any business structured as one. I didn’t work with both, but since the man owned the business, his wife came regularly. She had this habit of coming to check the female staff and trying to induce fear in you. All this because the man is a chronic womaniser. She didn’t know he doesn’t shit where he eats. At least I never saw him chyking or dating anyone all through my time there. But I saw him with outsiders.

10 Likes

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Juniorangel(m): 12:02pm On Mar 29, 2023
Not a good experience at all. My madam always has the final say but Oga will be doing like he is the one in charge once him enter office madam go codedly give am instructions on what to do and will just be quiet as if she doesn't know what is going on, very manipulative woman.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Emperormartin(m): 12:05pm On Mar 29, 2023
pocohantas:
This is common in a sole proprietorship or any business structured as one. I didn’t work with both, but since the man owned the business, his wife came regularly. She had this habit of coming to check the female staff and trying to induce fear in you. All this because the man is a chronic womaniser. She didn’t know he doesn’t shit where he eats. At least I never saw him chyking or dating anyone all through my time there. But I saw him with outsiders.
Lol
Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Ted4real: 12:12pm On Mar 29, 2023
Wonderful working experience if the couple involved understand the environment they find themselves and they are visionary in making everything work to harness a condusive working environment as non understanding ones will cause toxic and chaotic environment that the employees will rather resign and let go their entitlements.
Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by maasoap(m): 12:13pm On Mar 29, 2023
Juniorangel:
Not a good experience at all. My madam always has the final say but Oga will be doing like he is the one in charge once him enter office madam go codedly give am instructions on what to do and will just be quiet as if she doesn't know what is going on, very manipulative woman.

Lol. Smooth and silent operator
Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by CsRockefeller(m): 12:31pm On Mar 29, 2023
My girl wants me to apply for a job at her place of work. I've applied but won't take the job if I get it.
Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Cutezt(m): 12:42pm On Mar 29, 2023
VBCampaign:
I worked with The Bamgboses, owners of Educational Advancement Center (EAC), Ibadan, between 2008 and 2010. Husband and wife bosses of the school. Theres was not heaven on earth, but they had a synergy that made the organization work. The man was visionary. The woman was an executor. They used the same office. It is something I doubt my wife and I can do bc it is quite rare to have couples work so well together. Looking back now, I must commend the Bamgboses for a job well done and it is not a surprise that EAC is still a leading A level center in Nigeria today.

Pastor M, I worked with EAC briefly in 2018 but ran away. The man is nice but him dey owe salary like mad. I was complaining to some of the media staffs about not seeing 2 months salary and they said the man like me sef, that they haven't seen for 5 months plus. Haaa!! I ran away. Last year he still called me to work but Nahh, I've grown, can't work for any man again.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apply For Atiba University Oyo Recruitment 2018 / N-power Is Not For Extra Income(a Passionate Appeal To All Applicants) / Exxon Mobil Internship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.