Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,082 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

PEP Or Prep: Do This Before Calling Me. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / PEP Or Prep: Do This Before Calling Me. (602 Views)

Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number / Stop Calling It 'gap Teeth' Or 'open Teeth, See The Real Name For It / Access Prep Drugs For HIV Prevention For Free In Lagos!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PEP Or Prep: Do This Before Calling Me. by lifenajeje(m): 6:35am On Mar 29, 2023
It is important for you to know ur HIV status before ordering PEP or PrEP.

Most times, nairalanders call me to order for the medication without carrying out a status check ..

Knowing ur status is important especially for those involve in risky behavior ..

Secondly you cannot continue to be involved in risky behavior then reorder PEP.

If u must continue your habit then go for PrEP...

PEP and PrEP are free across government hospitals

Am only here to bridge the gap for those who want private consultations..

Plus weekends when ART clinics don't work .

Ur sure plug for PEP PrEP and other scarce drugs..

Call or chat 07038149252
Re: PEP Or Prep: Do This Before Calling Me. by Faber(m): 6:51am On Mar 29, 2023
What is PEP and PrEP please explain, I may go a long way to help some ignorant ones like me..

🙏🙏🙏
Re: PEP Or Prep: Do This Before Calling Me. by lifenajeje(m): 7:27am On Mar 29, 2023
Faber:
What is PEP and PrEP please explain, I may go a long way to help some ignorant ones like me..

🙏🙏🙏

PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) means taking medicine to prevent HIV after a possible exposure.

PEP Must Be Started Within 72 Hours of Possible Exposure to HIV
Talk right away (within 72 hours) to your health care provider, an emergency room doctor, or an urgent care provider about PEP if you think you’ve recently been exposed to HIV:

during sex (for example, if the condom broke),
through sharing needles, syringes, or other equipment to inject drugs (for example, cookers), or
if you’ve been sexually assaulted.
The sooner you start PEP, the better. Every hour counts. If you’re prescribed PEP, you’ll need to take it daily for 28 days.
Re: PEP Or Prep: Do This Before Calling Me. by lifenajeje(m): 7:28am On Mar 29, 2023
Faber:

🙏🙏🙏

PrEP
Pre exposure prophylaxis

This can help protect you if you don’t have HIV and any of the following apply to you:

You have had anal or vaginal sex in the past 6 months and you

have a sexual partner with HIV (especially if the partner has an unknown or detectable viral load),
have not consistently used a condom, or
have been diagnosed with a sexually transmitted disease in the past 6 months.

PrEP can help protect you if you don’t have HIV and any of the following apply to you:

You inject drugs and
have an injection partner with HIV, or
share needles, syringes, or other drug injection equipment (for example, cookers).

You have been prescribed PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) and you
report continued risk behavior, or
have used multiple courses of PEP.

You may choose to take PrEP, even if the behaviors listed above don’t apply to you.
Re: PEP Or Prep: Do This Before Calling Me. by Faber(m): 8:31am On Mar 29, 2023
lifenajeje:

PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) means taking medicine to prevent HIV after a possible exposure.

PEP Must Be Started Within 72 Hours of Possible Exposure to HIV
Talk right away (within 72 hours) to your health care provider, an emergency room doctor, or an urgent care provider about PEP if you think you’ve recently been exposed to HIV:

during sex (for example, if the condom broke),
through sharing needles, syringes, or other equipment to inject drugs (for example, cookers), or
if you’ve been sexually assaulted.
The sooner you start PEP, the better. Every hour counts. If you’re prescribed PEP, you’ll need to take it daily for 28 days.

Thanks
Re: PEP Or Prep: Do This Before Calling Me. by Faber(m): 8:32am On Mar 29, 2023
lifenajeje:

PrEP
Pre exposure prophylaxis

This can help protect you if you don’t have HIV and any of the following apply to you:

You have had anal or vaginal sex in the past 6 months and you

have a sexual partner with HIV (especially if the partner has an unknown or detectable viral load),
have not consistently used a condom, or
have been diagnosed with a sexually transmitted disease in the past 6 months.

PrEP can help protect you if you don’t have HIV and any of the following apply to you:

You inject drugs and
have an injection partner with HIV, or
share needles, syringes, or other drug injection equipment (for example, cookers).

You have been prescribed PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) and you
report continued risk behavior, or
have used multiple courses of PEP.

You may choose to take PrEP, even if the behaviors listed above don’t apply to you.

Ok, sounds good..

1 Like

Re: PEP Or Prep: Do This Before Calling Me. by Akposkiz: 9:51am On Mar 29, 2023
Nice Educative!

(1) (Reply)

11 Tips To Loss Weight Fast / Remedy For Excessive Fat / The 2 Seconds Nosebleed Cure!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.