Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:21 AM

Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers (3013 Views)

Contact Number For All Your Mobil 1 Oil And Coolant / Your Mobil Extended Performance Is Still Avaliable / ₦572m Volkner Mobil Motorhome That Comes With Hydraulic Supercar Garage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by dru23(m): 7:39am On Mar 30, 2023
To all my various customers.. We at dru23 thank you for your patronage ......

We also encourage our customers to buy from reputable sellers.......

Below is a new customer from nairaland....

This customer saw my post on nairaland. He had already bought Mobil oil somewhere else before seeing my Ad on Nairaland.....

He bought a tokunbo car 2012 model. The car was running fine until he bought fake Mobil 1 .

Please know the source of your engine oil . You don't have to buy from dru23. Just make sure you buy from a reputable seller.......

Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by lilkech(m): 6:51pm On Mar 30, 2023
A woman in ladipo wanted to sell me that same mobil1 oil. I asked her the price and she said N16k cheesy

The way I take run ehn. . . my slipas been dey touch the back of my head as I dey tear the race

Ask how much he bought that fake oil and you would wonder less

1 Like

Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by dru23(m): 7:03pm On Mar 30, 2023
lilkech:
A woman in ladipo wanted to sell me that same mobil1 oil. I asked her the price and she said N16k cheesy

The way I take run ehn. . . my slipas been dey touch the back of my head as I dey tear the race

Ask how much he bought that fake oil and you would wonder less

He said he bought for 40k. And I rather not disclose where he bought it from. The engine of the car is been rebuilt now . He bought coolant too....
He bought the car Tokunbo and never had issues until he bought the fake oil ..... I feel bad for him sha

2 Likes

Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by easytig(m): 4:58pm On Apr 04, 2023
God have mercy on my fellow Nigerians brodas.selling fake oil for the price of original products.na wa o
Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by KINGKONG(m): 4:31pm On Apr 09, 2023
How do we different fake from original, since dealers now sell the fake ones at the price of original
Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by dru23(m): 4:54pm On Apr 09, 2023
KINGKONG:
How do we different fake from original, since dealers now sell the fake ones at the price of original

It is very hard at times to differentiate and at times it is easy.. It depends how much effort was put in to duplicate the original gallon ......

If all fails just buy from a recommended seller. Most of my retail customers were recommended to me .
Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by Besto(m): 1:00am On Apr 10, 2023
KINGKONG:

There's a bar code on it to verify authenticity with your smart phone.

Original will pop up accurate details like production date batch and all that when scanned

Fake will have no details atol when you scan the bar code.

1 Like

Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by dru23(m): 3:29am On Apr 10, 2023
Besto:

Original will pop up accurate details like production date batch and all that when scanned

I was told that people will buy the original empty gallon for about 2k or so. They will now pour fake oil and seal it back like the original . So you end up scanning the original gallon with substandard oil inside.......

Like I said in previous post.. Differentiating fake from original depends on much effort is put in to Make it look like original

2 Likes

Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by olumzzz(m): 4:16am On Apr 10, 2023
dru23:

I was told that people will buy the original empty gallon for about 2k or so. They will now pour fake oil and seal it back like the original . So you end up scanning the original gallon with substandard oil inside.......

Like I said in previous post.. Differentiating fake from original depends on much effort is put in to Make it look like original

You've still not told us how to differentiate fake from original

1 Like

Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by KINGKONG(m): 5:18am On Apr 10, 2023
Besto:

lol... I know about the qr code scan, But have you seen a clean copy of the fake before that will still scan and show you that the oil is original? dey play because this fake merchants are perfecting their craft everyday

1 Like

Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by nurey(m): 5:30am On Apr 10, 2023
olumzzz:

He has already told you he can't differentiate the fake all the time, you only know by the level of input the duplicator is ready to go to make it look genuine.

The Mobil oil has a bar code and the container body has ash colour and should be readily clean.

The details sheet should properly lap on the body of the container and shouldn't have glue showing at the sides .

The cover should be sealed without any deformity and after removal, a foil seal should be seen at the mouth which is to protect from spillage incase the container is placed upside down.

The quantity of the oil should be written in imperial form 4.7quartz not in metrics litres

5 Likes

Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by olumzzz(m): 6:53am On Apr 10, 2023
nurey:

He has already told you he can't differentiate the fake all the time, you only know by the level of input the duplicator is ready to go to make it look genuine.

The Mobil oil has a bar code and the container body has ash colour and should be readily clean.

The details sheet should properly lap on the body of the container and shouldn't have glue showing at the sides .

The cover should be sealed without any deformity and after removal, a foil seal should be seen at the mouth which is to protect from spillage incase the container is placed upside down.

The quantity of the oil should be written in imperial form 4.7quartz not in metrics litres
Are you andrew?
Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by nurey(m): 8:20am On Apr 10, 2023
olumzzz:

Are you andrew?

Andrew liversalt or what? grin

2 Likes

Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by olumzzz(m): 8:39am On Apr 10, 2023
nurey:

Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by dru23(m): 9:00pm On Apr 10, 2023
nurey:

Thank you my brother.... I no get power for long explanation.. You do well

I was even told that even foil seal can be duplicated ....
Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by nurey(m): 9:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
dru23:

Thank you my brother.... I no get power for long explanation.. You do well

I was even told that even foil seal can be duplicated ....

Eventually the safest way is to buy from reliable shops/known importer
Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by dru23(m): 9:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
olumzzz:

Are you andrew?

Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by dru23(m): 9:08pm On Apr 10, 2023
nurey:

Eventually the safest way is to buy from reliable shops/known importer

That is what I stated on my previous post.. Funny enough self , even some reliable source na middle man . there is a high chance that original and fake are mixed that the middle man or men are not aware of.......

I import myself no middle men or man .....

The business itself can be stressful at times...

1 Like

Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by nurey(m): 9:10pm On Apr 10, 2023
dru23:

That is what I stated on my previous post.. Funny enough self , even some reliable source na middle man . there is a high chance that original and fake are mixed that the middle man or men are not aware of.......

I import myself no middle men or man .....

@bolded tell it to your customers grin

As for me VISCO 2000 SAE40 romancing my piston since time memorial tongue
Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by dru23(m): 9:24pm On Apr 10, 2023
nurey:

@bolded tell it to your customers grin

As for me VISCO 2000 SAE40 romancing my piston since time memorial tongue

Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by dicksonadams(m): 7:27am On Apr 11, 2023
olumzzz:

loolllllzzzz I too love nairaland grin
Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by dicksonadams(m): 7:29am On Apr 11, 2023
nurey:

lolzzz
Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by Angrygoat: 12:46pm On Apr 11, 2023
Planning on buying mobil 1 with resurs. Make I see the magic. My top cover seal has expired and its draining oil like every 4days.naija don taya me
Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by dru23(m): 2:54pm On Apr 11, 2023
Angrygoat:
Planning on buying mobil 1 with resurs. Make I see the magic. My top cover seal has expired and its draining oil like every 4days.naija don taya me

Make sure u fix the leaking seal .. Mobil 1 oil is not a magician that turns water into wine o. The purpose of the oil is to continue to protect and lubricate all moving parts of a good engine..

All these Tokunbo cars that are on the road. If the abroad owners didn't maintain it and use proper oil , they will be nothing left for people to drive in Nigeria

Use proper oil and follow owners manual .. Don't be that guy here that uses VISCO 2000 SAE40. Maybe na generator engine he put inside his camry car for him to be using SAE40

Be wise o

4 Likes

Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by Angrygoat: 4:06pm On Apr 11, 2023
Na bro,im no novice.it xays 5w30 and na him i dey use since. I maintain my car like my nokoa torchlght
Very fragile
dru23:

Make sure u fix the leaking seal .. Mobil 1 oil is not a magician that turns water into wine o. The purpose of the oil is to continue to protect and lubricate all moving parts of a good engine..

All these Tokunbo cars that are on the road. If the abroad owners didn't maintain it and use proper oil , they will be nothing left for people to drive in Nigeria

Use proper oil and follow owners manual .. Don't be that guy here that uses VISCO 2000 SAE40. Maybe na generator engine he put inside his camry car for him to be using SAE40

Be wise o
Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by dru23(m): 5:08pm On Apr 11, 2023
Angrygoat:
Na bro,im no novice.it xays 5w30 and na him i dey use since. I maintain my car like my nokoa torchlght
Very fragile

Cool bro.. As long as u follow owners manual and use quality engine oil.. You don't need to buy expensive oil , just make sure the oil is original ..
Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by nurey(m): 5:49pm On Apr 11, 2023
dru23:

Cool bro.. As long as u follow owners manual and use quality engine oil.. You don't need to buy expensive oil , just make sure the oil is original ..

So Visco 2000 SAE40 is not original abi?
Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by dru23(m): 7:37pm On Apr 11, 2023
nurey:

So Visco 2000 SAE40 is not original abi?

My point is for owners to follow manufacture advice.. If the manufacture advice to use 5w30 than 5w30 ...... But using SAE 40 😆 na that 1 I no fit support am
Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by Samafroxy22(m): 8:10am On Apr 12, 2023
dru23:

My point is for owners to follow manufacture advice.. If the manufacture advice to use 5w30 than 5w30 ...... But using SAE 40 😆 na that 1 I no fit support am

Manufacturers can advise the use of SAE 30 with one other option (they mostly don't give just one option)... This is because of changes in the environment. SAE 30 may be the recommended oil type for people living in cold regions... for someone in a place like Nigeria where the sun is at times very high, an SAE 40 will be the best bet.
Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by dru23(m): 10:16am On Apr 12, 2023
Samafroxy22:

Manufacturers can advise the use of SAE 30 with one other option (they mostly don't give just one option)... This is because of changes in the environment. SAE 30 may be the recommended oil type for people living in cold regions... for someone in a place like Nigeria where the sun is at times very high, an SAE 40 will be the best bet.

Car owners should always follow owners manual at all times.. And avoid going of the rail.

When a competent vehicle manufacture designs an engine like Toyota, Mercedes-Benz, Audi , Volvo etc . The engineers take into account the weather conditions and the terrain those vehicles will operate. These cars are shipped and sold all over the world...

The engineers are pretty much aware of all these things. So the engines are design to operate in most severe conditions regardless of weather conditions. They don't built engines for cold weather or hot weather. But they built engines for all extreme conditions. And this is why you have the owners manual to read and follow...

In the owners manual it will tell you the type of oil to use in some extreme conditions or in all conditions etc . 10w30, 5w40, 0w30, 5w30 etc

I always get upset when people use Nigerian weather to go off the rail or an excuse to ignore owners manual. We have all year weather conditions like Nigeria in the USA .. Texas, Arizona, Las Vegas( Las Vegas is a desert) Florida just to name a few . Do u think engines are built for those specific places .. Even places like Dubai are hotter than Nigeria.......

From my years of experience, I have never a country that imports engines like Nigeria. People are always changing engine all the time. And you ask yourself why is it that way.

In the USA people don't engines like that.. We maintain our cars to avoid expensive repairs. The labour cost alone will make you ran mad .

Some engines cheap but the cost to replace will cost more. And the paper work involve is not worth it.

We need to learn to follow directions and read. And with the mindset that car owners have in Nigeria. I don't see electric cars thriving on the road even if there is 24hrs electricity. It is just a nightmare to have those cars on the road. Our mechanics are not ready or willing to learn new skills........

By 2035 all car manufacture will stop making petrol engine .. Toyota was very reluctant at the beginning , but now they have change course. Volvo has totally stop making ICE ( Internal combustion engine) ...........

And Nigerians that cannot follow simple instructions will now be driving electrics cars ....

Naija na cruise ........if you know u know

3 Likes

Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by nurey(m): 12:04pm On Apr 12, 2023
dru23:

Car owners should always follow owners manual at all times.. And avoid going of the rail.

When a competent vehicle manufacture designs an engine like Toyota, Mercedes-Benz, Audi , Volvo etc . The engineers take into account the weather conditions and the terrain those vehicles will operate. These cars are shipped and sold all over the world...

The engineers are pretty much aware of all these things. So the engines are design to operate in most severe conditions regardless of weather conditions. They don't built engines for cold weather or hot weather. But they built engines for all extreme conditions. And this is why you have the owners manual to read and follow...

In the owners manual it will tell you the type of oil to use in some extreme conditions or in all conditions etc . 10w30, 5w40, 0w30, 5w30 etc

I always get upset when people use Nigerian weather to go off the rail or an excuse to ignore owners manual. We have all year weather conditions like Nigeria in the USA .. Texas, Arizona, Las Vegas( Las Vegas is a desert) Florida just to name a few . Do u think engines are built for those specific places .. Even places like Dubai are hotter than Nigeria.......

From my years of experience, I have never a country that imports engines like Nigeria. People are always changing engine all the time. And you ask yourself why is it that way.

In the USA people don't engines like that.. We maintain our cars to avoid expensive repairs. The labour cost alone will make you ran mad .

Some engines cheap but the cost to replace will cost more. And the paper work involve is not worth it.

We need to learn to follow directions and read. And with the mindset that car owners have in Nigeria. I don't see electric cars thriving on the road even if there is 24hrs electricity. It is just a nightmare to have those cars on the road. Our mechanics are not ready or willing to learn new skills........

By 2035 all car manufacture will stop making petrol engine .. Toyota was very reluctant at the beginning , but now they have change course. Volvo has totally stop making ICE ( Internal combustion engine) ...........

And Nigerians that cannot follow simple instructions will now be driving electrics cars ....

By 2035 you will be out of oil business too grin, you will drop oil hawking business to battery hawking business tongue

2 Likes

Re: Buy Your Mobil 1 From Reputable Sellers by olumzzz(m): 12:39pm On Apr 12, 2023
dru23:

Nice writeup but do you think our high demand for engine replacement can only be attributed to poor maintenance culture?
I think it can also be because of the average age of our vehicles.
Let's face the truth, our vehicles are usually at least 15-20 years old and at least 150,000 miles. We also have old vehicles abroad but the statistics is better on an average.
They mostly change their cars sooner than we do.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Oil To Use For A V6 Engine / Son Commences Nationwide Mop-up Of Substandard Tyres / How To Calculate Customs Duty Charge In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.