Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,271 members, 7,826,056 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music (44228 Views)

Portable Releases New Song Criticizing Apostle Suleman For Using Bulletproof Car / DOWNLOAD MUSIC: Mercy Chinwo – Imenem / [MP3 Download] The Cross My Gaze Album By Mercy Chinwo FREE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Octopusssy(f): 9:25pm On Mar 30, 2023
If her name is not trade marked, then I'm not sure she has a strong case

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by thaoriginator: 9:28pm On Mar 30, 2023
bibiking7:

What if he brings another person bearing the same name and claims that the song was about that person.
Then he counter sues her for something else.
grin cheesy

Wisdom 💯
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Ezmans: 9:28pm On Mar 30, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
grin grin I support her a billion times, and may God prosper her lawsuit against the fool.These fools calling themselves artists always behave abnormally as if something is congenitally wrong with their brain.
dead on arrival, there are many mercy chinwo, if you dought me go to facebook
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by ShaqFu: 9:30pm On Mar 30, 2023
Octopusssy:
She doesn't actually. Like is she the only person on planet Earth answering that name?

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Judolisco(m): 9:31pm On Mar 30, 2023
Obidiz wey neva blow... Where u wan make e see d money from? Jst tell d court u were not referring to her... Shikenan... No be only u dey bear dis name
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by GloriousGbola: 9:31pm On Mar 30, 2023
Octopusssy:

Actually I think she does.it is why movies have disclaimers. Any resemblance is purely coincidental etc. If portable were to use your name in a song about the joys of watermelon without your permission can we say you have no case?

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by superCleanworks(m): 9:32pm On Mar 30, 2023
illicit:
Where obidiz wan see 2 billion

for POS. grin

3 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Octopusssy(f): 9:32pm On Mar 30, 2023
ShaqFu:
She doesn't actually. Like is she the only person on planet Earth answering that name?

Exactly! If I were her, I'll trademark my name once and for all
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Octopusssy(f): 9:33pm On Mar 30, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Actually I think she does.it is why movies have disclaimers. Any resemblance is purely coincidental etc. If portable were to use your name in a song about the joys of watermelon without your permission can we say you have no case?
Mr Gbola, I shall have to send you my busty mummy GO picture one of these days
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by aalangel(f): 9:33pm On Mar 30, 2023
Good.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:34pm On Mar 30, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
grin grin I support her a billion times, and may God prosper her lawsuit against the fool.These fools calling themselves artists always behave abnormally as if something is congenitally wrong with their brain.
Seconded and thirded. Christians should be courageous to stand with God all the time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Toriagirl(f): 9:34pm On Mar 30, 2023
Omoh
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by ShaqFu: 9:34pm On Mar 30, 2023
Octopusssy:

Exactly! If I were her, I'll trademark my name once and for all
even if her name is trademarked. Obidiz could say he wasn't referring to her.

His lyrics can be viewed from different perspective. This is something she should have looked away from....
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Kayw4re(m): 9:35pm On Mar 30, 2023
Romanoff:
In that context, it is actually derogatory.

She just wan scare the guy, where the guy wan see 2billion?

If then hawk all him family members for sale sef, them no reach 2bil.

Did you say hawk? grin
Sis you get bad mouth sha...
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by tfash96(m): 9:35pm On Mar 30, 2023
jclassiq:

These are hungry hustlers calling themselves musicians. Singing rubbish.

Musicians are people like tuface, oritshe Femi, Faze, timaya, flavour, magnito, sound sultan, etc.
blud added Sound Sultan... Why didn't you add MJ to the list as well
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Octopusssy(f): 9:36pm On Mar 30, 2023
ShaqFu:
even if her name is trademarked. Obidiz could say he wasn't referring to her.

His lyrics can be viewed from different perspective. This is something she should have looked away from....
Someone will say this is a publicity stunt because I have never heard of this dude until today

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by ShaqFu: 9:36pm On Mar 30, 2023
GloriousGbola:

is she the only Nigerian answering Mercy Chinwo?
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Bfly: 9:37pm On Mar 30, 2023
It serves him better.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by ShaqFu: 9:39pm On Mar 30, 2023
Octopusssy:

Someone will say this is a publicity stunt because I have never heard of this dude until today
well those who listen to this type of music know him, and like you, I don't even know him or even bother to.

I want to see how far this will go. Demanding 2 billion is far fetched...
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by ThatFairGuy1: 9:39pm On Mar 30, 2023
He deserves it.

Although there's nothing defamatory in those words.

He literally said the Jane Doe is a good girl in Church but a bad girl in club.
Mercy chinwo has no case in that defamatory claim, Only unauthorized use of name

3 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by BaddestQueen(f): 9:41pm On Mar 30, 2023
ThatFairGuy1:
He deserves it.

Although there's nothing defamatory in those words.

He literally said the Jane Doe is a good girl in Church but a bad girl in club.
Mercy chinwo has no case in that defamatory claim, Only unauthorized use of name
you are dying for me 😍😍😍
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Johnken1234: 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2023
Unauthorized use of name and image. please we should read in-between the lines. If she is not the only one bearing Mercy Chinwo, why using her image as well??

3 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 30, 2023
Everybody is just moving "anyhow" in this country grin grin

How are we to judge this now? grin

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by ThatFairGuy1: 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2023
Are you not tired of trolling moh sad
BaddestQueen:
you are dying for me 😍😍😍
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by udemzyudex(m): 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2023
Feyistar:
She has succeeded in giving the guy publicity, people will want to hear the song now

Who cares,she doesn't care as Long as he will pay her #2b grin
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by BaddestQueen(f): 9:47pm On Mar 30, 2023
ThatFairGuy1:
I'm not trolling you naaa
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by BaddestQueen(f): 9:48pm On Mar 30, 2023
ThatFairGuy1:
tell me that you love me or I'll leave nairaland for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by ThatFairGuy1: 9:48pm On Mar 30, 2023
Moh24777 angry
BaddestQueen:
I'm not trolling you naaa
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by ThatFairGuy1: 9:49pm On Mar 30, 2023
I'm not ChiGAYzie
BaddestQueen:
tell me that you love me or I'll leave nairaland for you
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by BaddestQueen(f): 9:50pm On Mar 30, 2023
ThatFairGuy1:
I'm not ChiGAYzie
😢😢😢
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by bionixs: 9:50pm On Mar 30, 2023
Brendaniel:
This case is a bit dicey, first she might not be the only one bearing Mercy Chinwo, secondly if the guy did not use her image on his music video then there is a high possibility she might not win the case but if her name has a copy right trade mark like Omotola it is a serious case, the guy can claim the Mercy Chinwo is someone else or a figment of his imagination for his music, well this is my own opinion.

Lawyers in the house might explain better
if she is not the only one , yes. But let the guy bring another Mercy Chinwo with a valid ID backing it
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by BaddestQueen(f): 9:50pm On Mar 30, 2023
ThatFairGuy1:
Moh24777 angry
I'll stop because I you love me so much ❤️

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tems Wins Grammy Award For "Best Melodic Rap Performance” Category / Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord / Vector Disses M.I With "Judas The Rat" (Listen)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.