Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,811 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music (44229 Views)

Portable Releases New Song Criticizing Apostle Suleman For Using Bulletproof Car / DOWNLOAD MUSIC: Mercy Chinwo – Imenem / [MP3 Download] The Cross My Gaze Album By Mercy Chinwo FREE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by UjuJoan2: 11:29pm On Mar 30, 2023
Romanoff:
In that context, it is actually derogatory.

She just wan scare the guy, where the guy wan see 2billion?

If then hawk all him family members for sale sef, them no reach 2bil.

Actually it’s quite a compliment to her, not really derogatory. She is being used as a standard for Godliness in the verse, so really it’s not an insult.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by NothingDoMe: 11:29pm On Mar 30, 2023
Brendaniel:
This case is a bit dicey, first she might not be the only one bearing Mercy Chinwo, secondly if the guy did not use her image on his music video then there is a high possibility she might not win the case but if her name has a copy right trade mark like Omotola it is a serious case, the guy can claim the Mercy Chinwo is someone else or a figment of his imagination for his music, well this is my own opinion.

Lawyers in the house might explain better
He used her picture. He wan claim twins for that one too?

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Oparasunny125(m): 11:34pm On Mar 30, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
grin grin I support her a billion times, and may God prosper her lawsuit against the fool.These fools calling themselves artists always behave abnormally as if something is congenitally wrong with their brain.
Is she the only person with that name?
Let her go and sleep....Anyway try to update us on the outcome of the case
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Oparasunny125(m): 11:37pm On Mar 30, 2023
BigYash:
Go give them your own slap take replace am.. You want make them deaf her first abi? Na Nigeria we dey like this o,no be inside bible.. Shine your eyes
Hahaha , better inside Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by deavicky(m): 11:38pm On Mar 30, 2023
illicit:
Where obidiz wan see 2 billion
where mercy sef see 2billion. She want hammer by force even God name them they take am sing let alone her name which if u go Facebook go search u go see plenty mercy chinwo abi watin them call am.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Rebuker(m): 11:39pm On Mar 30, 2023
Una no dey read for this nairaland.com. Na to just rush comment be una own. So low of you guys.

Mercy did the right thing, stay your lane....

To all those wey no dey read before commenting or lack simple comprehension:

The Obidiz guy will have to pay the 2billion if he fails to issue a public apology and also withdraw from the use of the name Mercy Chinwo.

Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by staneless(m): 11:42pm On Mar 30, 2023
Lol... She's desperately hungry
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by windvane(m): 11:44pm On Mar 30, 2023
Brendaniel:

wow...
that's why in most movies with events and names we all know,they would put a disclaimer of name,event and places in other not to pay shi shi
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by gfon(m): 11:48pm On Mar 30, 2023
Brendaniel:
This case is a bit dicey, first she might not be the only one bearing Mercy Chinwo, secondly if the guy did not use her image on his music video then there is a high possibility she might not win the case but if her name has a copy right trade mark like Omotola it is a serious case, the guy can claim the Mercy Chinwo is someone else or a figment of his imagination for his music, well this is my own opinion.

I swear nah only you get sense here, there are about a hundred mercy chinwo that goes to church....so what is she sueing for actually??
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by AmazingELixir: 11:51pm On Mar 30, 2023
Brendaniel:

undecided

Nairaland charge and bail lawyer
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by zedegit: 12:36am On Mar 31, 2023
omoadeleye:
Lol, mercy chinwo is not really a woman of knowledge

Really? So you would prefer they use your family members to do nonsense?

Get a functional brain.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Goldmaxx(f): 12:49am On Mar 31, 2023
rollywise:
Some artist are really stupid. This one has not even gotten anywhere and is already ruining his career.
how?
Google Jeffery bezos... Artists use names in songs
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Goldmaxx(f): 12:50am On Mar 31, 2023
bionixs:
judges don’t work that way sir. Some cases like this , the presiding judge would not let you start wasting people’s time claiming nothing.

Why won’t some musicians go singing trash with Muhammadu Buhari or is he the only one that bears same name.
Actually Google songs named muhamadu buhari
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Brendaniel: 12:53am On Mar 31, 2023
NothingDoMe:
He used her picture. He wan claim twins for that one too?

That's serious, the guy should plan to settle out of court...

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Goldmaxx(f): 12:53am On Mar 31, 2023
Brendaniel:

That's a serious case then...
no image is there. The blogger just added it
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Brendaniel: 12:54am On Mar 31, 2023
windvane:
that's why in most movies with events and names we all know,they would put a disclaimer of name,event and places in other not to pay shi shi

That's serious, the guy should plan to settle out of court...
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Goldmaxx(f): 12:57am On Mar 31, 2023
Rebuker:
Una no dey read for this nairaland.com. Na to just rush comment be una own. So low of you guys.

Mercy did the right thing, stay your lane....

To all those wey no dey read before commenting or lack simple comprehension:

The Obidiz guy will have to pay the 2billion if he fails to issue a public apology and also withdraw from the use of the name Mercy Chinwo.

Any sensible judge would dismiss the joke of a case in a heartbeat.
It holds no water.
The guy can countersue for false allegations and get rewarded.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by udeh3(m): 12:59am On Mar 31, 2023
Jamesbiodun:
Lol that means Buhari will slam law suit on most artists and comedian grin
Make she go sit down jare, anyone can be mercy chinwo ; na court go solve the case nah grin

Try use his full name first... I wan check something! He didn't say Mercy or Chinwo. He said Mercy Chinwo. Listen to the song too. Or you think she's an illiterate or a baby in the industry not to understand defamation and derogatory.

A Google search on that name, I bet you, you'll only see very few or no result except for the singer herself. Now, that name isn't Igbo. It's Ikwerre. Maybe you're confusing it for Chinwe which is an Igbo name. Hers is Chinwo. The guy might need to produce the Mercy Chinwo. Just dey play

We're just too use to illegality, I nor blame una, our leaders have indoctrinate illegality, so, we don't even understand when damage is done already.

If e sure for you, go stand as his defense lawyer na

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Tabletuner(m): 1:11am On Mar 31, 2023
This is not a deformation of character in my opinion but rather the artist is implying that that the name ( You know the name I am referring to because I no wan hear dem slam me a 10 trillion dollars lawsuit) is a church name and so it’s holy.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 31, 2023
Shey you have copyright the name Mercy Chin** because he could be referring to someone else . Women and assumptions
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by kaywhy09(m): 1:33am On Mar 31, 2023
Not necessary.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by GloriousGbola: 1:57am On Mar 31, 2023
Octopusssy:

Mr Gbola, I shall have to send you my busty mummy GO picture one of these days

Bobby octo-obo mu gbo gbo wa si playground
Ewo o tobi ju bobby re
Ewo o succulent ju bobby re
Timba wo, oko mi wo angulu 90

Dont sue me oo
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by GloriousGbola: 2:01am On Mar 31, 2023
Octopusssy:

Mr Gbola, I shall have to send you my busty mummy GO picture one of these days

Please do. I was looking for it the other day. I need it to troll you small small. grin

I will blow it up and post as necessary
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by toxtimmy: 2:01am On Mar 31, 2023
2 billion grade na of sand she meant...that's like 2 wheel barrows of sand.

Wawelexy:
2billion? grin mercy no wan sing again, she wan join the billionaire cliq, she wanna roll with the likes of Dangote, Femi, and co
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by Graficient: 2:49am On Mar 31, 2023
iLoveYouToo:
What happened to turning the other cheek?
The other cheek dey carry vawulence at times, it is called the touch not anointing. Avoid it

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by cevek11: 3:55am On Mar 31, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
grin grin I support her a billion times, and may God prosper her lawsuit against the fool.These fools calling themselves artists always behave abnormally as if something is congenitally wrong with their brain.

Saying A"" is doing like "B" is defamation to "B"? Not even "A".
Nawa o
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by FiremanX: 4:04am On Mar 31, 2023
illicit:
Where obidiz wan see 2 billion
Lolz person wey no get up to 2 million for account. 😂

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by SunMusk(m): 4:19am On Mar 31, 2023
The headline is misleading and this small article people can't read. But commenting something different from what is written, she was not asking for 2 billion naria. The suits is for the guy to apologise and stop using her name in derogatory way but if he refuses to apologise and take down the video, he will face a fine of 2 billion.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by simplesearch: 4:31am On Mar 31, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:

Actually a brain that's not intentionally submitted to God's way of doing things can't work in a perfect clockwise manner.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by sweetgala(m): 5:11am On Mar 31, 2023
Brendaniel:

Even if I call my song omotola it can't hold. I do believe either Beyonce and Rihanna attempted to copyright their name and was told they can't hold an exclusive right to a name. Mercy Chinwo has no case unless her image or semblance of her image was used in the promotion or any visual images related to the song
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:13am On Mar 31, 2023
Mama wan cash out in d biggest way ever imagined!
grin
Re: Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music by jchioma: 5:13am On Mar 31, 2023
bibiking7:

What if he brings another person bearing the same name and claims that the song was about that person.
Then he counter sues her for something else.
grin cheesy

Then, he has to bring someone else that answers the name, Cardi B to corroborate his claim.

Wahala grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tems Wins Grammy Award For "Best Melodic Rap Performance” Category / Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord / Vector Disses M.I With "Judas The Rat" (Listen)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.