Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry (17471 Views)

New Entry Level Jobs / Sahara Group 2015 Graduate Aptitude Test / How Much Does Sahara Pay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry by tfunsho1: 8:39am On Sep 04, 2008
A colleague of mine has been invited for first interview with Sahara group for the position of an intern. He is presently earning 250K monthly as a contract staff with one of the Oil companies.

His decision will be based on the amount Sahara can pay since there is possibility that he would be offered a permanent position after the stipulated training period. Please anyone with information should please help.
Re: Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry by go4gold107(m): 10:27am On Sep 04, 2008
Hey guys,

Sahara Group calls it "interns". Is it really a permanent or temporary position and what is their pay really like?
Re: Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry by MrCrackles(m): 10:30am On Sep 04, 2008
go4gold107:

Hey guys,

Sahara Group calls it "interns". Is it really a permanent or temporary position and what is their pay really like?

why dont u pick up a dictionary or google the meaning of "intern"

as a graduate, if you dont know, then it is a shame!!
Re: Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry by tfunsho1: 11:17am On Sep 04, 2008
go4gold107:

Hey guys,

It will be a temporary position for the duration of the 'on the job training' expected to last between 4 - 6months. After which outstanding interns will then be confirmed and offered permanent positions.
Brash!:

why don't u pick up a dictionary or google the meaning of "intern"

as a graduate, if you don't know, then it is a shame!!

There was no reason for that post. Guess you could have done better contributing in the affirmative.
Re: Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry by go4gold107(m): 11:28am On Sep 04, 2008
t.funsho:

There was no reason for that post. Guess you could have done better contributing in the affirmative.

You only have to go through his profile and see his previous posts to see how crude, unrefined and frustrated he is in life.

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry by twinskenny(m): 12:01pm On Sep 04, 2008
Brash or whatever ur name is , that harsh! u want to tell me u know everything?
Re: Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry by MrCrackles(m): 1:29pm On Sep 04, 2008
twinskenny:

Brash or whatever your name is , that harsh! u want to tell me u know everything?

no i dont know everything but i use my head for most things i need to know!
Re: Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry by SOJ(m): 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2008
@brash

if u really use ur head, then i guess u will know its meant for sensible reason and not head butting just about anyone,no matter wat ur opinion is tongue
Re: Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry by go4gold107(m): 3:49pm On Sep 04, 2008
You guys should really forget about the foolish Brash! You can check his profile and his posts on n'land to see the kind of irrelevant and stupid posts he has been making to this forum. None has ever been constructive and useful to members of this forum.

@topic
we all went thru the univ and did our internship for 6 months. Sahara Group is offering "intern" position (according to t.funsho). What is the percentage chance you will make it to a Permanent Position?
Re: Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry by tfunsho1: 4:52pm On Sep 04, 2008
go4gold107:

You guys should really forget about the foolish Brash! You can check his profile and his posts on n'land to see the kind of irrelevant and stupid posts he has been making to this forum. None has ever been constructive and useful to members of this forum.

@topic
we all went through the univ and did our internship for 6 months. Sahara Group is offering "intern" position (according to t.funsho). What is the percentage chance you will make it to a Permanent Position?

Well, working experience and outstanding performance during the statutory training period will guarantee a definite permanent position.
Re: Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry by SOJ(m): 8:34am On Sep 05, 2008
go4gold107:

@topic
we all went through the univ and did our internship for 6 months. Sahara Group is offering "intern" position (according to t.funsho). What is the percentage chance you will make it to a Permanent Position?

U need to understand the word 'intern':

An intern or stagiaire is one who works in a temporary position with an emphasis on on-the-job training rather than merely employment, making it similar to an apprenticeship. Interns are usually college or university students, but they can also be high school students or post graduate adults seeking skills for a new career. Student internships provide opportunities for students to gain experience in their field, determine if they have an interest in a particular career, create a network of contacts, or gain school credit. Internships provide the employers with cheap or free labor for (typically) low-level tasks (stereotypically including fetching coffee for the office), and also the prospect of interns returning to the company after completing their education and requiring little or no training.

An internship may be either paid, unpaid or partially paid (in the form of a stipend). Paid internships are most common in the medical, science, engineering, law, business (especially accounting and finance), technology and advertising fields. Internships in non-profit organization such as charities and think tanks are often unpaid, volunteer positions. Internships may be part-time or full-time; typically they are part-time during the university year and full-time in the summer, and they typically last 6-12 weeks, but can be shorter or longer. The act of job shadowing may also constitute as interning.

- Courtesy Wikipeadia

Alternatively, Sahara might be using the word to loosely imply an apprenticeship that may lead to a permanent position. U know dis naija compy and their misuse of oyinbo. On the other hand, the poster might have applied for a position dat was meant for interns/apprentices so hence the job offer,,,
Re: Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 05, 2008
If I am not mistaken, the topic here is : PLEASE HOW MUCH DOES SAHARA GROUP PAY THEIR INTERNS / NEW ENTRY.
It would be nice if someone could simply come up and tell us.  (Whether it is intern or new entry!!! just tell us the 1 u know). I'm sure t.funsho, myself and many others will be glad to have this info.
THANKS

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry by segxy4ever(m): 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2008
BRASH OR WHAT IS THAT UR NAME STOP THIS UR YABBIS IF U DON'T WANT HOLYGHOST TO STRIKE YOU .
I UNDERSTAND YOU ARE FRUSTRATED IF SO CALM DOWN AND GO FOR CONSELLING ORTHERWISE THIS FORUM IS NOT MEANT FOR YOU.IT'S OKAY shocked
Re: Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 08, 2008
Alright check out this link:
http://www./index.php/topic,19074.0.html
See if u can get a hint. I say let's dig deeper.
Re: Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry by thisnaira: 11:28am On Feb 17, 2012
please who has an idea of what graduate trainees earn at bus group?
Re: Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry by thisnaira: 11:35am On Feb 17, 2012
i need answers to the topic please
Re: Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry by PalmTree(m): 10:35pm On Feb 17, 2012
Pls any info on Grand Oak Limited's sales & marketing or management trainee for 2011/12.
Re: Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry by rocean: 1:48pm On Feb 20, 2012
NIGERIAN LATEST JOBS https://www.bombshell.info

(1) (Reply)

Should I Resign From My Job? / My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission / Society For Family Health Fresh Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment (9 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.