Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,733 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Should I Get Married To Her Now? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Get Married To Her Now? (26137 Views)

Swiss Woman Married To A Nigerian Thought She Would Never Have Children (Photos) / Woman Married To Dead Man For 5 Years - The Sun (Photo) / Lady Justifies Why Her Dad Is Married To 6 Wives, Says He Is Too Cute (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Slizzords: 5:19pm On Apr 02, 2023
Good day familylanders, i consider this part of nairaland as a place with lots of reasonable and mature people so i would like to table my matter here.

Am a 27yr old guy and I have been dating this girl of mine for the past 3years now, she's 24yrs and we have been good, she works in a corporate organization and i also hustle for my daily bread too. I have been able to save a good amount of money, though i don't have tertiary education but have got a very sound mind.

Recently she brought up the issue of marriage and asked me when i intend to come and do the needful, i have met her mom and siblings on a few occasions and the vibes i got from them looks positive. I know she loves me and i also share the same affections for her.

The issue is i don't know if i should relocate abroad with the funds at my disposal because of the situation of this country or remain in naija and proceed with marriage with her.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Odin13: 5:28pm On Apr 02, 2023
Relocate with the funds you have bro.. dollar is going up and won’t stop..
No job guarantee in Nigeria .. especially for hustlers .. maybe except you’re managing yours and know too well the secret of that business..

Love is an illusion.. is never real.. it always fade with time .. beside she’s still young.. make she gather experience of life .. while faithfully waiting for you..
give your self a year or two and build develop yourself outside the shores .. learn new things and stabilize..

If she’s still available.. you can make the commitment..if she’s not .. you’re a lucky being.

Is yourself first.. self first… stable family.. then you can add another family .. before your “ own” family.. I mean kids ..

Good luck

247 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:33pm On Apr 02, 2023
Slizzords:
Good day familylanders, i consider this part of nairaland as a place with lots of reasonable and mature people so i would like to table my matter here.

Am a 27yr old guy and I have been dating this girl of mine for the past 3years now, she's 24yrs and we have been good, she works in a corporate organization and i also hustle for my daily bread too. I have been able to save a good amount of money, though i don't have tertiary education but have got a very sound mind.

Recently she brought up the issue of marriage and asked me when i intend to come and do the needful, i have met her mom and siblings on a few occasions and the vibes i got from them looks positive. I know she loves me and i also share the same affections for her.

The issue is i don't know if i should relocate abroad with the funds at my disposal because of the situation of this country or remain in naija and proceed with marriage with her.

ask yourself these simple questions:
- whats more important in your life today?
- whats happiness/satisfaction for you?
- where do you see yourself in 5yrs?
- cant you marry someone without spending your saved money (why do you think that you cannot keep saving while being married, AND MAKE ABROAD PLANS WITH YOUR WHOLE FAMILY)?

60 Likes

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by lilvicky68(m): 5:58pm On Apr 02, 2023
you want to use your live savings for marriage?

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by EriMma1: 6:05pm On Apr 02, 2023
Marriage will suck you dry in naija. So, relocate. Work hard and make more money then come back and marry her.

Make sure you do your research on which country to go to so you don't go and get stranded over there.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Lemos14: 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2023
Slizzords:

You better go abroad without her to test the waters...dont marry her in Nigeria oo...if you finally decide to marry her then bring her over and make sure you get her to sign a prenup..e get why

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Divoc19(f): 6:44pm On Apr 02, 2023
Go abroad today.
Marry her tomorrow

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by LandMann: 7:51pm On Apr 02, 2023
Relocate, make money there and come back to marry any suitable girl available... Don't ask her to wait for you... Those type of girls abound in Nigeria, waiting for boyfriend abroad to come marry dem while frolicking with guys here and spreading STDs.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Kojochyke(m): 10:11pm On Apr 02, 2023
Yes daddy

3 Likes

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Evergreen4(m): 10:15pm On Apr 02, 2023
Do introduction and pay her bride price. Then relocate abroad, when you settle down you can then bring her along through study route. At least getting study visa is a bit easy.

But Bro, I would love to key into this your kind of hustle if you don't mind. Son of man have seen shege pro max in this country

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Gerrard59(m): 4:29am On Apr 03, 2023
EriMma1:
Marriage will suck you dry in naija. So, relocate. Work hard and make more money then come back and marry her.

Make sure you do your research on which country to go to so you don't go and get stranded over there.

So an educated girl who works in corporate Nigeria should wait for a hustler without tertiary education to later marry her? C'mon! Let's be realistic here...

If he was already settled/stable abroad, even as a hustler, good. Or if he was going for further studies after his undergrad, better. As it is, the man is not financially stable. He wants to use his life savings for wedding o, not marriage. OP, I strongly suggest you get financially stable or be in the process of financial stability, considering your lack of tertiary education and wish to relocate. You need that financial stability not only for yourself as a MAN, but for your immediate family BEFORE bringing another family into your life.

As it is, you are not financially stable. That is the truth. You have two options, re-invest that money into your hustle and expand on it or hustle in the abroad. Whichever way you opt for should be legitimate and not wuru-wuru.

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Gerrard59(m): 4:32am On Apr 03, 2023
Evergreen4:
Do introduction and pay her bride price. Then relocate abroad, when you settle down you can then bring her along through study route. At least getting study visa is a bit easy.

But Bro, I would love to key into this your kind of hustle if you don't mind. Son of man have seen shege pro max in this country

If he was going for his MSc, then that is a great option, including getting her pregnant. However, OP does not have tertiary education and undergoing tertiary education in the abroad is way expensive than graduate studies. Plus, his age almost disqualifies him for a visa if he is going for an undergraduate course. I don't know which graduate program admits foreign students without a bachelor's (3 or 4 years).

4 Likes

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Dogalmighty17: 7:55am On Apr 03, 2023
Are you asking? Mr Man relocate o! Do not curse yourself by marrying in Nigeria and giving birth to children here. I assure you that she will not even think twice about you if she had the opportunity of leaving the country.

Leave the country, go and make your life better out there. Forget about any useless love from a Nigerian lady. They are not worth it.

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by frozen70(f): 12:40pm On Apr 06, 2023
Slizzords:

If you think you have made up your mind to settle down with her, you can make am introduction with the family then plan or your relocation and if she is pregnant before then I good for you guys

But if you know that once you relocate you are do e with her

Just leave her the way you met her

To avoid stories
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Nice2023(m): 4:12pm On Apr 09, 2023
They are telling u to relocate abroad and they are in Nigeria making money.

U had better not listen to them oh.

See,before u marry that lady,discuss her role in the marriage,your role and most importantly,your individual financial responsibilities.

How many children u want to have,investments,extended families and many more I may not fathom here.

Marriage and wedding aren't the same,it is in the definition u will understand me better.

Don't rush into it but ask yourself if u can muster all the financial implications that comes with it.

Wish u all the best.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by superCleanworks(m): 6:42pm On Apr 11, 2023
27 with enough hustle energy and ability (finance) to travel out but you want to nail yourself with marriage expenses and the barrage of bills that follow.
Better go and hustle and give yourself 3 years to build money. You can still get married at 30 and You can marry whenever you choose but you might never get the chance to travel after your marriage.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by FalseProphet1(m): 6:42pm On Apr 11, 2023
Better travel out. When you find your feet, you can come back to Nigeria. If she's still single, you can marry her. If you marry her you'll regret it.

This I have seen.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 11, 2023
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Oddfinder012: 6:43pm On Apr 11, 2023
cheesy
Slizzords:

Better use the money to japa, she can join u after u don stand on ur feet and still feel thesame way about her

2 Likes

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by bigdammyj: 6:43pm On Apr 11, 2023
Go ahead.
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by theophorus(m): 6:44pm On Apr 11, 2023
Few Questions
1. What are you going to do when you relocate? (as in what skill do you have to use to make money)
2. Are you sure this Girl love you? As in are you SURE?
3. Is you line of Business sustainable? Such that money can keep coming in for the next 10yrs?
4. Do you have investment in Real Estate?

Sit down and answer these questions, it will help you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Upworkwriter007(f): 6:44pm On Apr 11, 2023
Slizzords:

Do court wedding, leave the country with her. Come back after few months for your engagement etc. Problem solved.

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by zedegit: 6:44pm On Apr 11, 2023
Hmm
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by clockwisereport: 6:45pm On Apr 11, 2023
Your life, your choice

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Spiritualsdeeps: 6:46pm On Apr 11, 2023
Marriage, Marriage, Marriage is a life time Contract.

Before you go deep in any Relationship .
Make sure you Investigate your Partner Very well Spiritually.

If both of you are Compatible Physically ,The Journey may not last Long if you are Spiritually Incompatible.

Believe it or not.. The Spiritual Controls the Physical.

Check my Signature in red Below.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Emeka71(m): 6:47pm On Apr 11, 2023
Evergreen4:

Yes o.
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by ayenale1(m): 6:47pm On Apr 11, 2023
You ambition will never fade away
Your girl can be bleeped freely
Choose wisely...
Nurse your ambition bro
Marriage is not an achievement

10 Likes

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Moniya4Real(m): 6:47pm On Apr 11, 2023
I am over forty years on earth and life has taught me that the most important thing I believe, a man should have after salvation is money: my dear, a man is loved based on what he can provide. Maximum respect from your spouse and her family will follow when you have money. Make money and do know that if she is truly yours, she will wait for you however, don’t make her wait too long unnecessarily.
Good luck.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Sweetvie: 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2023
Your choice
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Rubbiish(m): 6:51pm On Apr 11, 2023
Slizzords:

Pls can u give us an idea of your savings amount u are talking about? If the money no big, no reason abroad oh
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by advanceDNA: 6:51pm On Apr 11, 2023
Slizzords:

Why is marriage and relocating not happening together.?? Why u wan abandon wedding for travelling
....tell her ur plans.... do small wedding for registry.....japa together.... e go pay una working together making the money...

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again / Married Men With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? / Father And Daughter Cry Together At Her Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.