Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,172 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

The Risks And Challenges Of Importing From China - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Risks And Challenges Of Importing From China (287 Views)

New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers / New proven Method of Importing cheaper Phone/Laptop etc from USA (offerup) / Opay Risks Ban As Report Finds Them Guilty Of Offering "Crazy Loans" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Risks And Challenges Of Importing From China by fxid10(m): 11:54pm On Apr 05, 2023
Hello, as a Nigerian, you may be considering importing goods from China. However, there are some reasons why you should think twice before doing so. In this script, I will explain why importing from China may not be the best idea for you and your business.

REASONS TO STOP IMPORTING FROM CHINA:

Quality Control:
One of the biggest concerns when importing from China is the quality of the products you receive. China has a reputation for producing low-quality goods that may not meet your expectations or those of your customers. This can lead to increased costs, decreased customer satisfaction, and even legal issues.

It is actually true that you can get high quality products from China too. But majority of such products have been faked too by the same Chinese. That is why I China you will see many so-call factory that are not as big as a self contain apartment in Nigeria.

Shipping Costs:
Importing goods from China can be expensive, especially when it comes to shipping costs. You will need to factor in the cost of shipping, as well as customs duties and other fees. These costs can quickly add up and eat into your profit margins. Your name na sorry if you are shipping by air at this time when dollar is still ruling as king.

Language Barriers:
Another challenge when importing from China is the language barrier. If you do not speak Mandarin or Cantonese, you may find it difficult to communicate with Chinese suppliers. This can lead to misunderstandings, delays, and other issues that can impact your business.

Cultural Differences:
There are also cultural differences between China and Nigeria that can make it difficult to do business. For example, Chinese suppliers may have different expectations regarding payment terms or business practices that may not align with your own.

Political Instability:
Finally, there is the issue of political instability in China. While China is a major economic power, there are concerns about the country's human rights record and its relationship with other countries. This can lead to political tensions that may impact trade relationships and make it more difficult to import goods from China.

CONCLUSION:

In conclusion, while importing from China may seem like a good idea at first, there are many challenges and risks involved. As a Nigerian, it may be better to focus on sourcing goods locally. It is very true that you can get most products, and i mean quality products here in Nigeria at cheap prices. I mean people are buying products for N2000 and reselling for N6000 on instagram and people are rushing to buy it.

The bags that goes for N3200 in lagos, are bags people are selling for N6500 in other places...I might show you what I mean if you contact me on whatsapp right now +2349035563403
Re: The Risks And Challenges Of Importing From China by xtgozie(m): 12:23am On Apr 06, 2023
The phone or computer you used in typing this was assembled or Right transfered to be manufacturered in P.R.O.C. Peoples Republic Of China.

So? What are you saying.
Tell your government to look inwards: Nnewi, ABA, Nkpor, Onitsha, Igbo Úkwú, Obosi, etc

(1) (Reply)

10 Profitable Business Ideas To Start With Chatgpt 2023 / Join Bulk Meat Sharing In Lagos With Bulkmeatafrica / My Partner In China And I: "Work In Progress; Our 21st Century Cassava Mill"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.