Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,401 members, 7,846,694 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America (52189 Views)

Reasons I Can't Send Money Home From Abroad / Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by popcykaylah(m): 6:04pm On Apr 06, 2023
Them never give this one visa ,let visa touch him hand you give know say this write up na just for trends ..

2 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by JohnBullMySon: 6:06pm On Apr 06, 2023
Tadadobe:
With the recent news that dollars is going to be deemphasized and might probably lose values, I'm beginning to think twice about my relocation move. My uncle that recently came back from the US gave me $5000 to do business and I initially thought about using this money to move abroad.

I'm not like an average Nigerian who get carried away with "there are good road and 99hr power supply abroad". When I travel, I'm going there to go and make money not to count ceiling and take hot picture for the Instagram and to pepper people at home.

If dollars get decentralized and $1 = about #250, thouh this development will not go well with people abroad since they'll have fear that the little they send home will no longer be able to surprise anyone, and their usual conversion strategy will no longer work. But on the other hand, this move will help people in Nigeria as there won't be that much of a difference between someone earning #500,000 in Nigeria and the one earning $3000 abroad

Dollars will be devalued? What a joke.

Are you aware you're talking about the world's most stable currency?

Better reject that spirit telling you nonsense. If dollars lose value, then 95% of the world's currencies have lost more value before that.

10 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Megabig: 6:06pm On Apr 06, 2023
The question should be, what is your intention of moving to US?

I moved because I needed peace of mind. I wanted to enjoy a service I paid for, work and get paid and choose how to live my life.

You are missing your point and don’t know why you are going to the US.

5 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by money121(m): 6:06pm On Apr 06, 2023
Blupen:
Big man make i paste aza make you show me love??
Naso una dey do for here

1 Like

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by lereinter(m): 6:07pm On Apr 06, 2023
How much is naira to dirham
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by skyfall: 6:07pm On Apr 06, 2023
Tadadobe:
With the recent news that dollars is going to be deemphasized and might probably lose values, I'm beginning to think twice about my relocation move. My uncle that recently came back from the US gave me $5000 to do business and I initially thought about using this money to move abroad.

I'm not like an average Nigerian who get carried away with "there are good road and 99hr power supply abroad". When I travel, I'm going there to go and make money not to count ceiling and take hot picture for the Instagram and to pepper people at home.

If dollars get decentralized and $1 = about #250, thouh this development will not go well with people abroad since they'll have fear that the little they send home will no longer be able to surprise anyone, and their usual conversion strategy will no longer work. But on the other hand, this move will help people in Nigeria as there won't be that much of a difference between someone earning #500,000 in Nigeria and the one earning $3000 abroad
Good points, same applies to international investments like stocks and crypto.
I'm waiting to see what happens too.
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by UKIPTVServicePr: 6:09pm On Apr 06, 2023
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Spirit247: 6:09pm On Apr 06, 2023
Covid Vaccine no 1 reason. If you know, you know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Iamzik: 6:10pm On Apr 06, 2023
temmytanny:

Dont let Dollar issue stop you from traveling. Nothing will happen to Dollar. Do you think is just sitting and looking?

Watch this and tell me what you think?
https://www.tiktok.com/@lifegoalinvestments/video/7217885644356341035?_t=8bFfCwwXlIx&_r=1

Op can travel or not travel. It's all a matter of choice

But as for dollar....dollar is on its way out trust me. BRICS will create a common currency to trade oil and USD will become toast.

This is not a wish. It's in the works already

1 Like

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by mctech(m): 6:11pm On Apr 06, 2023
Very shallow thinking. What of opportunities, security, life expectancy etc.u

Mods, this isn't front page worthy.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by SisterAnn(f): 6:11pm On Apr 06, 2023
amigo1088:

Everywhere
God go do am.
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Dunionk30: 6:12pm On Apr 06, 2023
easyfem:
It's not about the dollar alone bro.... how abt good living , access to electricity , good road , hospital , good education ... any way naija also good sha bcoz u c see amala , egu soup , pegiri chop
no mind am

1 Like

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by obedience4(m): 6:12pm On Apr 06, 2023
This one has been brainwashed by Putin followers in nairalnad, how can the dollar be that devalued?

PS, what do you mean by de emphasized??
Can money be deemphasizedπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

3 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by samuelson06(m): 6:12pm On Apr 06, 2023
Tadadobe:

Keep dreaming that the dollar is going to be 250 naira. Fools paradise is sweet!

4 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:13pm On Apr 06, 2023
Tadadobe:

Just no near where bandit dey sha o.
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by CaptainFM1: 6:13pm On Apr 06, 2023
writetopoker:
If you actually made up your mind not to travel, honestly you wouldn't be here informing us that you change your mind. are we there when you made up your mind in the first place?

People like you are those that, if they try on something and can not succeed they try to stop or discourage anyone possible.

it is a satanic spirit and comes in the form of black crab attitude.
Black crabs in an open bucket can not escape because, when any of them tries to climb up and escape the rest of the black crabs will drag it down.

it is satanic

He may be right on his position. Not everyone likes Abroad. I've been to several countries of the world myself and to some extent I don't prefer oversees to Nigeria. Also the only genuine people I've seen in all the countries I've been to are the indigenes themselves. Every other nationals esp, Nigerians appear "fake and superficial" in their lifestyles abroad. Need I say, a fellow Nigerian brother just stole my phone last week here. Their hussling is tripple real here and that's why many wouldn't even attempt coming back home because their expectation of better off than people back home isn't actually true.

Having said that, I would not discourage anyone that wants to leave the shores of Nigeria. Abroad favours some and also doesn't favour some. If it doesn't favour you, you are always welcomed back to your country. The only thing I hate in many of the countries I've been to is the feeling and treatment like fourth class citizens. In all, they are great cities and great countries. Nigeria no just near them at all!

2 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Bahamas95(m): 6:13pm On Apr 06, 2023
Even if I wanna relocate from this cursed country its not because of the exchange rate, am leaving because Nigerians are the most wicked people on earth. Everything about Nigeria and Nigerians annoy me......If 10 Nigerians pass you for road only 3 nai get good heart.

See wetin bankers, shop owners and POS operators dey do now, witchcraft!

NEPA dey one side dey do dia own, you go pay light bill yet you nor go see light........Very useless country!

8 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by linearity: 6:14pm On Apr 06, 2023
Bros, na $5k you wan use relocate go US before?

That moni na inside you go take buy visa interview slot plus plane ticket plus na House rent plus chop moni for how long?

You know as things cost for Yankee? You better change that moni to Naira, you go get reach like N3.5m use invest for correct farm work.

1 Like

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by amigo1088: 6:16pm On Apr 06, 2023
MasterJayJay:

You are right. Nigeria is replacing dollars with cowries.

Clowns!!

Schmuck it's happening already... Saudi Arabia has agreed to sell oil to China in yuan instead of dollars.

China and Brazil agreed to trade using their currency.

India is looking to start trading using rupees.

Russia is selling oil to europe in rubles.

1 Like

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by obedience4(m): 6:17pm On Apr 06, 2023
Iamzik:

Op can travel or not travel. It's all a matter of choice

But as for dollar....dollar is on its way out trust me. BRICS will create a common currency to trade oil and USD will become toast.

This is not a wish. It's in the works already

China, India, Russia South Africa will make USD toast πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€πŸ˜‚

Will the USA, the biggest economy, and Japan the 3rd largest economy, and Germany the fourth largest economy still not trade in dollars.

Will cjina also not trade with his biggest trading partner the USA with dollars also, a trade that is worth more than half a trillion dollars.

Are you a kid?
Apart from china and India, no other Brics members are in the top 12 biggest economy in the world.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by bizhop01: 6:17pm On Apr 06, 2023
April fool's post,
I will not go to American because dollar will soon lose value while naira will appreciate, funny people everywhere cool

4 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by pacespot(m): 6:17pm On Apr 06, 2023
Is it because of dollar you wanted to travel abroad initially, nowadays you can be in Nigeria and earn that dollar comfortably, even richer in dollar than someone in USA?

It is not only foolish to predicate your traveling to USA on dollar strength but also lack any good reason. Dollar is not the only good news in USA, what about living in a society that works and where there is rule of law and equal liberty for all?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by fourboys: 6:18pm On Apr 06, 2023
writetopoker:
If you actually made up your mind not to travel, honestly you wouldn't be here informing us that you change your mind. are we there when you made up your mind in the first place?

People like you are those that, if they try on something and can not succeed they try to stop or discourage anyone possible.

it is a satanic spirit and comes in the form of black crab attitude.
Black crabs in an open bucket can not escape because, when any of them tries to climb up and escape the rest of the black crabs will drag it down.

it is satanic
grin grin
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by etrange: 6:18pm On Apr 06, 2023
Tadadobe:

@bolded, having a different priority doesn't necessarily make you above average. Besides, many people also travel just for the cash conversion, so you're not particularly different. That said, it's pertinent to acknowledge that the POV of those that travel for the amenities are just as valid. Even with $1 = N50, some people would still prefer to live in the US either for the amenities or just so that their children will have access to first hand western education. Whichever way, it's all about individual preferences.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by pricklewane: 6:18pm On Apr 06, 2023
All u stated is not good enough reason not to travel to the USA. No matter how u look at it making money will always be easier in the USA compare to Nigeria except you are connected

Tadadobe:

1 Like

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by KanuSE: 6:20pm On Apr 06, 2023
Tadadobe:

Stop drinking road side sachet water, it's really affecting your reasoning. cool

Rubbish and Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by obedience4(m): 6:21pm On Apr 06, 2023
amigo1088:

Schmuck it's happening already... Saudi Arabia has agreed to sell oil to China in yuan instead of dollars.

Just a handful of countries will now make the most acceptable currency to drop?
Will china not also trade with it biggest trading partner the USA with dollars? The trade between the USA and china is over half a trillion dollars, over 16.5% of China total forgien exchange.
Will china not trade with the EU dollars.
Will Saudi Arabia not sell oil to the EU with dollars??
Will India not trade with its biggest trading partner the USA with dollars? A trade that is worth 35% of India total forgien exchange.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Shikena(m): 6:21pm On Apr 06, 2023
If not your uncle, some of his friends in America left Nigeria when US dollar to Naira was 1 to 22. Not everyone living abroad sends money to or care about Nigeria.

In fact, many Nigerians abroad have started rethinking their habit of sending money home instead of living their lives to the fullest abroad. I see many Youtube channels on that topic.

Follow your dream not dollar rate, so it's perfectly fine to either move or stay in Nigeria. Choice is yours and not our business grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by MasterJayJay: 6:21pm On Apr 06, 2023
amigo1088:

Use your country first as an example. You wey dey buy naira with naira.

1 Like

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by peoplewww: 6:21pm On Apr 06, 2023
There are so many ways to move to America legally. I mean with permanent residency. Not going with visa and staying back. Living as an illegal immigrant and embarrassing not just yourself, but the source country "Nigeria". Switzerland is a far much better country. Infact there are so many countries better than America. But please move with permanent residency. That way, you keep your dignity and respect.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos Of Mile 2, Apapa Expressway / Citizens Of Different Countries Show Bad Roads Where They Live / Trademore Estate, Lugbe Abuja Flood (More Pictures & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.