Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) (3803 Views)

Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? / Check Out What A Guy Wore To An Interview / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by DigiPerson: 6:09pm On Apr 06, 2023
While I didn't remove the wallet from anybody's pocket, but the fact that I took it home secretly after picking it on the ground can still qualify it as stealing and I am really really sorry about it. What happened is that at that point, it came as an answer to my prayer. It was too tempting for me to resist, considering my very pitiable economic condition.

Here is the story.

I am an applicant, and a young father with kids too. I lost my last job and now hunting for a new one. However, despite the unemployed status, I don't steal no matter how pitiable my economic condition may be at any particular time, and I believe I will land a good job soon, by the special grace of God.

I was one of the applicants that attended an interview Tuesday this week here in Abuja. Being desperate for a job, I was among the first persons that reached the venue despite my long distance. That was before 7:30am but the interview started around 10am. So I was attended to early enough and done when others were still coming. I stayed behind a little to meet with others. On my way leaving, descending the staircase, I met a wallet on the ground and I rushed for it, put it inside my bag and continued as though nothing happened. Nobody saw me. But before I got to the gate, one mind was telling me to meet the security guards there and hand over the wallet to them to look for the rightful owner and return to the person while another was telling me to keep it, that it was a way of God answering my prayer that day, considering my condition. Imagine leaving house that morning in a very hopeless situation but prayed for a miracle and suddenly I came across a wallet with money inside. It was that tempting to resist keeping the wallet. So I took the wallet out of the place and when I opened it outside the gate, exactly N13400 was in the wallet (eleven 1000 naira notes, four 500 naira notes, one 200 naira note, one 100 naira note and two 50 naira notes). I was happy and like a dream.

I got home without tampering with anything in the wallet. But since I got home that day, it's been 2 days now and my conscience has been so against me, pushing me to return the wallet and I am ready to return it. The conscience is telling me "this is not you, dont do it. Return what does not belong to you". Till now, nobody else knows about this except myself.

Though not 100% sure but I believe the wallet belongs to one of the applicants that came for the interview. I put myself in the shoe of the owner of the wallet, how painful would it be to me especially if that was all I had? What if the money does not even belong to the person?

So if I should return the wallet now, to who? There is a passport in the wallet but no contact details. If I return it to the security, they may keep it for themselves, but I'm very much willing to return it even though the cost of going back to the place may be a challenge, but I'm willing to return it intact.

Or may be someone later looked for his wallet in the place that day. The organization would have such details, that will be very fine. At least the real owner can be identified from there.

What do you think I should do and to who should I return the wallet to?

See pictures of the wallet before.

Modified: I did return the wallet. Thank you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by judatech: 6:15pm On Apr 06, 2023
No id card in the wallet?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by DigiPerson: 6:16pm On Apr 06, 2023
If I wanted to use the money, I guess it would have finished by now.
Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by DigiPerson: 6:16pm On Apr 06, 2023
judatech:
No id card in the wallet?

None.

Only one passport

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by donbachi(m): 6:21pm On Apr 06, 2023
Bro,na your wallet

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by jayred: 6:40pm On Apr 06, 2023
Since there is no form of identity in it or a business card, it will be difficult to reach out to the owner and I guess the owner has given up on the search already... It is a daisy one

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by Onedayoneday: 6:47pm On Apr 06, 2023
Then there's no way to contact the owner if there is no contact details in it. May be you should just use it.
Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by Youngzipan(m): 6:55pm On Apr 06, 2023
PLs just send me 5k abeg i need am
Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by joinnow: 6:58pm On Apr 06, 2023
DigiPerson:
While I didn't remove the wallet from anybody's pocket, but the fact that I took it home secretly after picking it on the ground can still qualify it as stealing and I am really really sorry about it. What happened is that at that point, it came as an answer to my prayer. It was too tempting for me to resist, considering my very pitiable economic condition.

Here is the story.

I am an applicant, and a young father with kids too. I lost my last job and now hunting for a new one. However, despite the unemployed status, I don't steal no matter how pitiable my economic condition may be at any particular time, and I believe I will land a good job soon, by the special grace of God.
Free
I was one of the applicants that attended an interview Tuesday this week here in Abuja. Being desperate for a job, I was among the first persons that reached the venue despite my long distance. That was before 7:30am but the interview started around 10am. So I was attended to early enough and done when others were still coming. I stayed behind a little to meet with others. On my way leaving, descending the staircase, I met a wallet on the ground and I rushed for it, put it inside my bag and continued as though nothing happened. Nobody saw me. But before I got to the gate, one mind was telling me to meet the security guards there and hand over the wallet to them to look for the rightful owner and return to the person while another was telling me to keep it, that it was a way of God answering my prayer that day, considering my condition. Imagine leaving house that morning in a very hopeless situation but prayed for a miracle and suddenly I came across a wallet with money inside. It was that tempting to resist keeping the wallet. So I took the wallet out of the place and when I opened it outside the gate, exactly N13400 was in the wallet (eleven 1000 naira notes, four 500 naira notes, one 200 naira note, one 100 naira note and two 50 naira notes). I was happy and like a dream.

I got home without tampering with anything in the wallet. But since I got home that day, it's been 2 days now and my conscience has been so against me, pushing me to return the wallet and I am ready to return it. The conscience is telling me "this is not you, dont do it. Return what does not belong to you". Till now, nobody else knows about this except myself.

Though not 100% sure but I believe the wallet belongs to one of the applicants that came for the interview. I put myself in the shoe of the owner of the wallet, how painful would it be to me especially if that was all I had? What if the money does not even belong to the person?

So if I should return the wallet now, to who? There is a passport in the wallet but no contact details. If I return it to the security, they may keep it for themselves, but I'm very much willing to return it even though the cost of going back to the place may be a challenge, but I'm willing to return it intact.

Or may be someone later looked for his wallet in the place that day. The organization would have such details, that will be very fine. At least the real owner can be identified from there.

Na part of the interview and there might be hidden CCTV camera somewhere there.
For your information God will not give you money by making you to pick someone wallet rather he can bless you by sending someone to come and assist you.

You should have use this opportunity to showcase your honesty by returning it back to the interviewers and tell them while going out you saw it at the staircase and you know it might belong to one of the staff or applicant.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by Pojomojo: 7:02pm On Apr 06, 2023
DigiPerson:

None.

Only one passport
Go to the nearest Police Station and make a formal report.
Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by illicit(m): 7:09pm On Apr 06, 2023
Na wahala u dey find so o
Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by BeStroNG(m): 7:57pm On Apr 06, 2023
Why me no dey meet this kind thing for road?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by Ulunne777(f): 8:08pm On Apr 06, 2023
Use google image to search the passport.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by Caleb15(m): 8:14pm On Apr 06, 2023
Em! Emm!! Emmm!!!
Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by peacefulhome(f): 8:14pm On Apr 06, 2023
What if that wallet was place there to test your integrity? Just if, try to return it and have peace of mind.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by muyico(m): 8:25pm On Apr 06, 2023
Restitution not until u c d person physically! Go motherless home and donate it there?
Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by Brownshoe: 8:31pm On Apr 06, 2023
What you did was wrong, you should have returned it that day, returning it may even put you to big problem if you don't know, what I suggest now is go to beggers junction and give it them to help their fasting.

My opinion! I maybe wrong though.
Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by lilvicky68(m): 8:32pm On Apr 06, 2023
You and tinubu no too much difference just that you no use force collect your own at last una go return am
Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by labake1(f): 8:47pm On Apr 06, 2023
You should have returned it to the secretary or HR immediately, that's another point for you. The company might want to test you, just like some companies in movies offering applicants food.
Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by vivalavida(m): 8:56pm On Apr 06, 2023
What if it was a test and they are watching on the CCTV which applicant will pick it?

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by Lamanii22(f): 9:09pm On Apr 06, 2023
Awwww anyone can be tempted to do what you did tbh the country is super hard…. The best thing to do is to go back there and return it…

1 Like

Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by wisz1(m): 9:16pm On Apr 06, 2023
Never too late to amend your wrongdoings.

As someone suggested, use Google image to scan the passport,you may find the owner.
Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by Neverslumber(f): 9:19pm On Apr 06, 2023
vivalavida:
What if it was a test and they are watching on the CCTV which applicant will pick it?

They would be that stupid to do that? I don't think any reputable organization would go so low.
Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by DigiPerson: 9:48pm On Apr 06, 2023
Pojomojo:
Go to the nearest Police Station and make a formal report.

I don't think that is the very right thing to do. Instead of reporting to police, I take it to orphanage.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by DigiPerson: 9:49pm On Apr 06, 2023
vivalavida:

If a company should go that low, then it's worth working for.
Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by DigiPerson: 9:50pm On Apr 06, 2023
donbachi:
Bro,na your wallet

Lol. I wish. E for sweet me die.
Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by worldclass68(m): 9:57pm On Apr 06, 2023
Clearly not a test from the interviewer cuz u said u waited some moments after the interview. I'm sure the interviewers didn't aware u were still around let alone knowing when u were leaving and to test u with such ( I doubt it).

Best u could have done is to return it the moment u found it...but you had already made ur mind not to return it then.....use that same mind to spend your money biko....nothing go happen to u...
And luckily for u, no IDs in the wallet....
Would u had come here to seek advice if u had instead found $13400 ( equivalent to 7m naira) inside the wallet?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by Okere18: 10:11pm On Apr 06, 2023
DigiPerson:
If I wanted to use the money, I guess it would have finished by now.

Return it to the office where u went for an interview
Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by sisisioge: 10:24pm On Apr 06, 2023
1. You're sure nothing else was there with the owner's name? Not even at the back if the passport. If you have a name, you could search him out on facebook or LinkedIn to return it.

2. You could call the company to return it. The cost of going back will be the cost of your momentary lapse in judgement. It is better you let HR be aware you're returning it.

It is well. Too much hunger in the country that's turning otherwise good people bad. The way this is messing with your mind, nothing you do will be right until you return it. I hope you've learnt your lesson.
Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by LOVEGINO(m): 11:08pm On Apr 06, 2023
DigiPerson:

Here is the story.

take it to police station, u go nor howfa
Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by IkeIgboNile(m): 11:57pm On Apr 06, 2023
For me, i think God works in a mysterious way and he probably knew you're broke before placing the wallet before you. Since you've spent two days with it, it's better you use it because returning it now may cause more harm than good for you.
Re: How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) by davillian(m): 1:06am On Apr 07, 2023
DigiPerson:

Here is the story.

Picked from the ground wre u went for interview and it followed you home.....
Let me not say anything you know what you are

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ond Holders Needed For Immediate Employment In Lagos / Jobberman / Nigerian Army 76RRI List Of Successful Candidates For Zonal Screening 2016/2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.