Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,538 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Troy Davis To Die Tomorrow - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Troy Davis To Die Tomorrow (1275 Views)

Troy Davis (black) Killed, Maintained His Innocence Until The End! / Us State Of Georgia Executed Davies Troy Despite All Appeals / Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Troy Davis To Die Tomorrow by scopusng(m): 5:32pm On Sep 20, 2011
ATLANTA (AP) — Georgia's pardons board rejected clemency for Troy Davis on Tuesday, one day before his scheduled execution, despite high-profile support from figures including an ex-president and a former FBI director for the claim that he was wrongly convicted of killing a police officer in 1989.

Davis is scheduled to die Wednesday by injection for killing off-duty Savannah officer Mark MacPhail, who was shot dead while rushing to help a homeless man being attacked. It is the fourth time in four years that Davis' execution has been scheduled by Georgia officials.

http://news.yahoo.com/ga-board-no-last-ditch-clemency-troy-davis-142847836.html

If na Naija e 4 don waka free. Na lie? R.I.P in advance.
Re: Troy Davis To Die Tomorrow by kemmeye: 2:41am On Sep 21, 2011
i actually feel bad for him the fact that he knows his life ends tomorrow is just scary sad. but lets look on the bright side he does not have to worry about people sticking stuff in his anuss anymore
Re: Troy Davis To Die Tomorrow by nolongTing: 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2011
Why do they wait till the last minute to plead for clemency? I have seen this happen so many times and invariably the prisoner will be executed. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Troy Davis To Die Tomorrow by kemmeye: 8:52pm On Sep 21, 2011
u no his execution is at 7 tonight i feel so uncomfortable. wow i wonder how he feels
Re: Troy Davis To Die Tomorrow by blackmann(m): 12:42pm On Sep 22, 2011
well, he was put to death at 11:08 last night after a last minute appeal. it is so sad.
Re: Troy Davis To Die Tomorrow by smuckers: 4:46pm On Sep 22, 2011
The requirement for a conviction of guilt in this country is that it is proven "beyond a reasonable doubt". Plenty of doubt has been brought up since the conviction , doubt that should have been grounds for a new trial. The new trial would have been the place to present the evidence-- the true evidence, not what now appears to be lies that were presented during the initial trial.
Re: Troy Davis To Die Tomorrow by newdeal(m): 5:20pm On Sep 22, 2011
So sad to hear this, in spite of all the petitions and plea for clemency from individuals and organizations including a former US President and even the Pope
(I campaigned with Amnesty International)

R.I.P Troy Davies cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Bill Gates Takes On Extreme Poverty / Meet 'the Real Life Tarzan' From Australia (PHOTOS) / The Republican Presidential Debate!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.