Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Your Dream Career? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Dream Career? (2139 Views)

Help Me Achieve My Dream Career / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / How To Stay Focused In Your Dream Career When Facing Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Dream Career? by femmy2010(m): 12:05am On Sep 21, 2011
"Find a job you enjoy, and you'll never work a day in your life."
Confucius.
When we were in high school we all had our dream profession or career.
My question is are you doing exactly what you had always wanted to do?or where you had always wanted to be?
For me I had always loved the law and becoming a lawyer has always been my dream,am not there yet but would certainly bag my cherished LLB soon.
Lets hear yours.
Re: Your Dream Career? by iice(f): 4:04pm On Sep 24, 2011
Na, not my dream career but can't complain. My job allows me freedom. I always wanted to do something in movies. Not act, more like direct, cinematography. . .lately even composing scores tongue
Re: Your Dream Career? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 26, 2011
Mine is interpreting reading geophysical logs in a multinational coy, it was my best course then in school. But no job, so its a still dream.
Re: Your Dream Career? by yamakuza: 3:42am On Oct 01, 2011
A lot of careers are still dreams for economic reasons.

What are the chances of waking up and living the dream?

Anyways, so long as you pursue your passions, all goes.

Keep the flame burning. You just might retire into what you love doing someday.
Re: Your Dream Career? by AjanleKoko: 3:33am On Oct 07, 2011
A lot of those 'dream careers' will remain dreams in a place like Nigeria.

@Topic . . . well, I always wanted to work in the hi-tech industry, and stay back home.
I actually got my wish in both, but I feel far from fulfilled for a number of reasons:

1. Primarily because things haven't really changed in Nigeria. Sometimes it feels like things are getting worse. I feel despair for the coming generation.
2. I haven't been able to impact the hi-tech profession as I would have liked, despite my personal achievements. I am going to focus on that in the coming years, but even on this, I feel nothing but despair. Prospects of creating any value in Nigeria is really bleak. The nation is torn apart by greed and stupidity at all levels.

Okay, enough of the rant.
Re: Your Dream Career? by yamakuza: 8:07am On Oct 07, 2011
AjanleKoko:

2. I haven't been able to impact the hi-tech profession as I would have liked, despite my personal achievements. I am going to focus on that in the coming years, but even on this, I feel nothing but despair.

if you were to start over, would you choose same path or pursue your passion early on? The one you are about to focus on now?

Me? Wanted to be an F16 pilot. Gave it up after i experienced turbulence. Still wish to though.

Now? trying to be Dr. Who!
Re: Your Dream Career? by AjanleKoko: 10:26pm On Oct 07, 2011
yamakuza:

if you were to start over, would you choose same path or pursue your passion early on? The one you are about to focus on now?

Me? Wanted to be an F16 pilot. Gave it up after i experienced turbulence. Still wish to though.

Now? trying to be Dr. Who!

Lucky you grin

To respond to your question . . . I'm not sure. It's not really about me, it's more about the environment. Would have liked to really do something impactful in Nigeria, in the hi-tech industry. So far, it's not possible to innovate in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

30 Famous Quotes That Can Inspire Success In Your Life / See What Your Finger Length Reveals About Your Personality(interesting) / See The Two Highest Paid Nigerians In The Employ of the US State Of Connecticut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.