Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. (5936 Views)

My Brother In-law Is Making Advances At Me / Iā€™m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. Iā€™m Scared To Tell My Sister / My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 09, 2023
I have two brothers-in law and the first one started dating my sister while still in high school, him and I have that good brother and sister relationship. Sometimes we can even spent about 30 minutes talking over the phone and discussing about life in general and him telling me about the kids, that's how close we are.

As for the second brother In law, he started dating my sister while she was still in college, him and I have had a bit of differences in past because he has a drinking problem and I sometimes just don't like the way he behaves when he's drunk. But I accepted him as my brother in law because my sister loves him despite his drinking problem.

The main problem with my second brother in law started back in 2021, we were having a party at home and I decided to go to bed before everyone because I was tired. It happened that this brother in law of mine was drunk and he started embarrassing my sister and she decided to take him to the other room in the house and asked him to stay there. I was in my room sleeping, but not yet asleep when my room door opened and at first I thought it was just my mom, or one of my aunts or cousins. I expected the person to switch on the light since I switched it off, but this person started walking towards my bed. I lifted my head to check who it was and I found out that it was my second brother in law, I immediately dismissed him from my room.

I told everyone about it the following day except my father and my then boyfriend, who's now my fiance and they all laughed it off and said he was just drunk and lost, that I shouldn't make a big deal out of it. Fine, I let it go... Last year in August a close relative of ours was getting married and everyone traveled home to prepare for the wedding.

A day before the wedding my parents and two sisters decided that they were going to spent the night at the relative's place as they were help preparing for the wedding the following day, but I and my other sister were told to go home with our nephews and nieces... Later in the evening my sister brought my brother in law to the house and he had started embarrassing her again because he was drunk.. I was already in my room when they arrived, though I was not asleep, I decided to go and check on them because I can't stand my brother in law whenever he's drunk.... Apparently my sister immediately prepared a room for him to sleep in but he turned it down and said he was okay with sleeping on the couch in the living room... The room used to be previously my sister's before she got married and it's a bit far from the living room.

But mine is close to the living room, after he refused to go to the room that was prepared for him, my sister ended up giving him a blanket to sleep on the couch and she drove back to the relative's place. Everything seemed fine and we all went to sleep. While I was in my sleep I could hear some footsteps but at first it was like a dream, but then they started sounding like they were getting closer and they started to sound real... I immediately woke up and found my brother in law standing on my side of the bed, I jumped up from the bed and asked him what was he doing in my room, but he started apologizing and told me of how he thought it was the bathroom.

I was so scared I kicked him out of my room and locked the door, I checked the time and it was around 2am.. I Immediately called my sister and explained to her what her husband did and asked her to come and fetch him because he was scaring me... But she told me to just lock the door and don't mind him... I couldn't get some sleep since then and he came back to the door at around 4am and attempted to open it again, but it was locked.

In the morning I waited for him to leave the house first before I could get out of my room, I told the sister I was with in the house about it and she suggested that I tell Mom because Dad was going to overreact... I then told Mom and she said she'll see what she can do, I was hoping that she'll warn him about it, but to my surprise, she didn't do anything about it... I was hurt, but I let it go, again.

I could've told my fiance about it, but I didn't because I knew that there was going to be a fight if I did, and I didn't want a fight.

Now this past Thursday we traveled home for Easter and I was so happy to see my family again... As usual, we had a family chillax on Friday and everyone came through to hangout, this time my fiance was also there.. later in the afternoon I decided to go take a nap and I left everyone outside, as I was napping, I felt someone touch me and at first I thought maybe it was my fiance... I was shocked when I found out that it was my brother in law and he was trying to have his way with me but fortunately, I managed to screaming and everyone came running.

A fight broke out between him and my fiance and I was so scared because my brother in law is the kind of a person who likes carrying a gun with him, but they were separated... My father got to find out that I complained to my mom before about my brother in law, but she didn't do anything about it and now he's mad at my mom for letting things get this far.

Now the family is divided... I love my sister, nephews and niece, I don't want to cut ties with them because of her husband and their father, but I don't know how I'm going to do it because I don't want anything that has to do with my brother in law.. Some say I should press charges for attempted rape, while others say that I should let the family elders intervene... I'm still confused right now, I don't know what to do.

I just can't help but feel guilty that if I had told my Dad about the whole thing from 2021, all of this would've been prevented.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by decatalyst(m): 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2023
Better it's shattered before your life is cut short.

They should tame the so called wiggling brother in-law oo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2023
shit happens.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by Nwodosis(m): 8:37pm On Apr 09, 2023
Your brewery brother in-law is an inborn expert in sexual harassment, don't blame it on the innocent alcohol. Alcohol only catalyzes the execution of one's intention.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 09, 2023
What's all these, na WA ooo

1 Like

Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by copyrites: 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2023
Your family is already ruined. What else do you want to scatter? It got ruined a long time ago, since the very day everyone decided to collect bride price from a gun-wielding drunkard.

The drunken master in-law even sleeps on your father's couch right there in his living room YET you're projecting your father as one TOUGH soldier who would deal with indiscipline.. LOL!

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by NothingDoMe: 9:26pm On Apr 09, 2023
This should have been handled long ago. Sometimes we play too much and give people the opportunity to mess us up.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by DontBullshitMe: 9:37pm On Apr 09, 2023
Fiction

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
He knew that my parents weren't going to come home until the following day and the nature of his job permits him to have a gun.

I think he planned the whole thing... I mean why choose a couch over a comfortable bed when you don't have a motive for it?
copyrites:
Your family is already ruined. What else do you want to scatter? It got ruined a long time ago, since the very day everyone decided to collect bride price from a gun-wielding drunkard.

The drunken master in-law even sleeps on your father's couch right there in his living room YET you're projecting your father as one TOUGH soldier who would deal with indiscipline.. LOL!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by Rexymania(m): 10:11pm On Apr 09, 2023
Someone should summerize

1 Like

Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by Foodqueen(f): 10:15pm On Apr 09, 2023
You should av told your dad from the onset.

Now that things are escalated, u will now chip him in.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by Jozilinn: 10:29pm On Apr 09, 2023
Can't your sister leave him what if he harmd his own daughter, please talk to your dad about this there is nothing to live for in a marriage like this.šŸ˜°šŸ˜°šŸ˜°

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by 9182736455O1999(m): 10:38pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ok go and sleep again let us see if he will come and touch you again.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 09, 2023
Hmmm
Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by AndroBlaze: 11:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
Samantha124:
I have two brothers-in law and the first one started dating my sister while still in high school, him and I have that good brother and sister relationship. Sometimes we can even spent about 30 minutes talking over the phone and discussing about life in general and him telling me about the kids, that's how close we are.

As for the second brother In law, he started dating my sister while she was still in college, him and I have had a bit of differences in past because he has a drinking problem and I sometimes just don't like the way he behaves when he's drunk. But I accepted him as my brother in law because my sister loves him despite his drinking problem.

The main problem with my second brother in law started back in 2021, we were having a party at home and I decided to go to bed before everyone because I was tired. It happened that this brother in law of mine was drunk and he started embarrassing my sister and she decided to take him to the other room in the house and asked him to stay there. I was in my room sleeping, but not yet asleep when my room door opened and at first I thought it was just my mom, or one of my aunts or cousins. I expected the person to switch on the light since I switched it off, but this person started walking towards my bed. I lifted my head to check who it was and I found out that it was my second brother in law, I immediately dismissed him from my room.

I told everyone about it the following day except my father and my then boyfriend, who's now my fiance and they all laughed it off and said he was just drunk and lost, that I shouldn't make a big deal out of it. Fine, I let it go... Last year in August a close relative of ours was getting married and everyone traveled home to prepare for the wedding.

A day before the wedding my parents and two sisters decided that they were going to spent the night at the relative's place as they were help preparing for the wedding the following day, but I and my other sister were told to go home with our nephews and nieces... Later in the evening my sister brought my brother in law to the house and he had started embarrassing her again because he was drunk.. I was already in my room when they arrived, though I was not asleep, I decided to go and check on them because I can't stand my brother in law whenever he's drunk.... Apparently my sister immediately prepared a room for him to sleep in but he turned it down and said he was okay with sleeping on the couch in the living room... The room used to be previously my sister's before she got married and it's a bit far from the living room.

But mine is close to the living room, after he refused to go to the room that was prepared for him, my sister ended up giving him a blanket to sleep on the couch and she drove back to the relative's place. Everything seemed fine and we all went to sleep. While I was in my sleep I could hear some footsteps but at first it was like a dream, but then they started sounding like they were getting closer and they started to sound real... I immediately woke up and found my brother in law standing on my side of the bed, I jumped up from the bed and asked him what was he doing in my room, but he started apologizing and told me of how he thought it was the bathroom.

I was so scared I kicked him out of my room and locked the door, I checked the time and it was around 2am.. I Immediately called my sister and explained to her what her husband did and asked her to come and fetch him because he was scaring me... But she told me to just lock the door and don't mind him... I couldn't get some sleep since then and he came back to the door at around 4am and attempted to open it again, but it was locked.

In the morning I waited for him to leave the house first before I could get out of my room, I told the sister I was with in the house about it and she suggested that I tell Mom because Dad was going to overreact... I then told Mom and she said she'll see what she can do, I was hoping that she'll warn him about it, but to my surprise, she didn't do anything about it... I was hurt, but I let it go, again.

I could've told my fiance about it, but I didn't because I knew that there was going to be a fight if I did, and I didn't want a fight.

Now this past Thursday we traveled home for Easter and I was so happy to see my family again... As usual, we had a family chillax on Friday and everyone came through to hangout, this time my fiance was also there.. later in the afternoon I decided to go take a nap and I left everyone outside, as I was napping, I felt someone touch me and at first I thought maybe it was my fiance... I was shocked when I found out that it was my brother in law and he was trying to have his way with me but fortunately, I managed to screaming and everyone came running.

A fight broke out between him and my fiance and I was so scared because my brother in law is the kind of a person who likes carrying a gun with him, but they were separated... My father got to find out that I complained to my mom before about my brother in law, but she didn't do anything about it and now he's mad at my mom for letting things get this far.

Now the family is divided... I love my sister, nephews and niece, I don't want to cut ties with them because of her husband and their father, but I don't know how I'm going to do it because I don't want anything that has to do with my brother in law.. Some say I should press charges for attempted rape, while others say that I should let the family elders intervene... I'm still confused right now, I don't know what to do.

I just can't help but feel guilty that if I had told my Dad about the whole thing from 2021, all of this would've been prevented.

Sometimes it feels like you South Africans live on another continent....a typical Nigerian man would have been to ashamed of the whole family finding out, he would have tried to use money or some other art of persuasion to get you to do what he wants you to do.

Ever since I read about the "risen" facebook rapist its clear you guys will do anything when it comes to love/lust.

I wish you the best, but think you need to always stay away from this so called inlaw.

3 Likes

Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by eyinjuege: 11:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
He shouldn't be welcome to any family event again, or even to your parents home. Don't forget you still have a younger sister there too.
If your sister had any sense, she wouldn't be bringing him to family functions in the first place, as he will surely embarrass her with his drinking . That's certain from all you've written.
He's now added molestation of family members to his list of bad behaviour

9 Likes

Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by Luckysbab: 11:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
You and your weird brother in-laws and your confusion each time.

I don't understand how come you are everywhere around them.

The other day, it was your brother in-law who was too hard on his son.

3 Likes

Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by Draslo(m): 12:16am On Apr 10, 2023
Your yansh is big abi?

4 Likes

Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by TheRealOwner(m): 2:30am On Apr 10, 2023
How come you are always sleeping early and leaving everyone else at the party??

He's not going to change. Just cut them off

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by frozen70(f): 3:47am On Apr 10, 2023
Samantha124:

You just have to make it a police case for documentation purposes, incase it takes a worst turn

This is not the first and won't be the last he will be attempting such

You just have to distance yourself from him and give keep at arms length

Forget about what your family will say, if that guy have his way to rape you because that's his target, you may become pregnant

Will you keep the pregnancy and loose your own boyfriend

Or you will abort it and still loose your boyfriend

That he gets drunk and do nonsense and gets away with it makes it easier for him because you keep tolerating a lot of abuse from him without taking any action to deal with him

You and your boyfriend have to report this matter to the police let's see if that will stop those nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by sotall(m): 4:14am On Apr 10, 2023
Staged and scripted...

ChatGPT confirmed it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by Harrykn: 5:56am On Apr 10, 2023
Who read the story! Biko help me with the summary
Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 10, 2023
I'm not gonna lie, despite his drinking problem, he's a good father to his kids and I don't if ever he'll try to harm his own daughter because they're very close.
Jozilinn:
Can't your sister leave him what if he harmd his own daughter, please talk to your dad about this there is nothing to live for in a marriage like this.šŸ˜°šŸ˜°šŸ˜°
Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 10, 2023
I'm the youngest in my family.
eyinjuege:
He shouldn't be welcome to any family event again, or even to your parents home. Don't forget you still have a younger sister there too.
If your sister had any sense, she wouldn't be bringing him to family functions in the first place, as he will surely embarrass her with his drinking . That's certain from all you've written.
He's now added molestation of family members to his list of bad behaviour
Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 10, 2023
Well, since they married my sisters, they're my brothers.

I'm not everywhere around them, we live far apart but we're a family and a family is supposed to stick together and not fall apart just because we live far apart... The one that his hard on his son is my first brother in law, but despite his strictness, he's a good man, a wonderful husband to my sister, and a great brother to me.

Him and I have a good brother and sister relationship.
Luckysbab:
You and your weird brother in-laws and your confusion each time.

I don't understand how come you are everywhere around them.

The other day, it was your brother in-law who was too hard on his son.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 10, 2023
I only went to bed early once, that's back in 2021... You can go and reread what I wrote.
TheRealOwner:
How come you are always sleeping early and leaving everyone else at the party??

He's not going to change. Just cut them off

1 Like

Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 10, 2023
Thanks.
frozen70:

You just have to make it a police case for documentation purposes, incase it takes a worst turn

This is not the first and won't be the last he will be attempting such

You just have to distance yourself from him and give keep at arms length

Forget about what your family will say, if that guy have his way to rape you because that's his target, you may become pregnant

Will you keep the pregnancy and loose your own boyfriend

Or you will abort it and still loose your boyfriend

That he gets drunk and do nonsense and gets away with it makes it easier for him because you keep tolerating a lot of abuse from him without taking any action to deal with him

You and your boyfriend have to report this matter to the police let's see if that will stop those nonsense
Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 10, 2023
Okay, thanks.
AndroBlaze:

Sometimes it feels like you South Africans live on another continent....a typical Nigerian man would have been to ashamed of the whole family finding out, he would have tried to use money or some other art of persuasion to get you to do what he wants you to do.

Ever since I read about the "risen" facebook rapist its clear you guys will do anything when it comes to love/lust.

I wish you the best, but think you need to always stay away from this so called inlaw.
Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by Black44(m): 7:30am On Apr 10, 2023
Lies
Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by eyinjuege: 8:06am On Apr 10, 2023
Samantha124:
I'm the youngest in my family.
OK.
I thought you had another sister in the house.
It still shouldn't affect your father's decision not to have him around his home.
He disrespected your whole family, and not only his wife
Re: How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me. by starstaz(m): 8:11am On Apr 10, 2023
Samantha124:
I have two brothers-in law and the first one started dating my sister while still in high school, him and I have that good brother and sister relationship.

I could've told my fiance about it, but I didn't because I knew that there was going todo.

samantha's story always a good read. coming back to chop it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion / When He Can't Get Up Down There / Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.