Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,318 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Do You Know God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Know God? (606 Views)

Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? / How Can I Know God's Will And Be Led By The Spirit Of God? / I Want To Marry, How Do I Know God's Will? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know God? by MichaelCE(m): 7:24am On Sep 21, 2011
With flattery he will corrupt those who have violated the covenant, but the people who know their God will firmly resist him.
Daniel 11:32

Do you know God, or do you simply know things about God? When was the last time you studied the Bible and sought to know God through His Word? When was the last time you prayed and sought God with all your heart?

When I talk about praying, some people immediately think of a list of needs they want God to answer. I am not talking about the prayer of petition now. I am asking you, when was the last time you got down on your knees and prayed to simply know God and His absolute power? Some of the problems you face right now would not be problems if you knew Him better!

Many years ago, I was once asked by my mentor Dr. Lester Sumrall, “Do you know what faith is?” I could have quoted Hebrews 11, but I held my peace and let him tell me. This is what he said: “Faith is simply knowing God.” His answer changed my entire perspective, and I’ve been on an unquenchable quest to know Him intimately—not just know about Him.

Child of God—seek Him today with all your heart and you will know God better than you could have dreamed!

Further Reading

Philippians 4:13
Psalms 27
Psalms 119:98

(Taken for Pastor Rod Parsley's devotion--thought I would share with you all)

(1) (Reply)

Goodnews / Imagine The Love Of God / 50 Famous Academics & Scientists Talk About God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.