Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

How Dramatic Is Your Mum? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Dramatic Is Your Mum? (19379 Views)

What’s Your Mum’s Favorite Statement When Angry? / Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by Rubyjade: 1:15pm On Apr 11, 2023
One time, my dad said " he ate the best fried rice at his friend's place and commended his wife for being the best friend rice cook".
My Mom heard this & for a whole week we were eating fried rice for breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Till my Dad apologized grin

266 Likes 18 Shares

Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by Kriss216: 1:16pm On Apr 11, 2023
Mum called that she's down with sickness and can't even get up from the bed. I promised I'll come in the evening to take her to hospital cos I was out of town.(I lied)

After she dropped the call, I went to the fruit shop, bought enough fruits then proceed to family house. On getting there, I saw madam Gloria pounding cocoyam cheesy she was preparing better Ofe Owerri cheesy grin

I laughed so hard and asked her "I thought you said you can't get up from bed", she laughed too and replied, "I choro ka aguru gugbuom".(you want hunger to finish me) lol

Women, no matter their age, are naturally dramatic.

241 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 11, 2023
Growing up, my mom will beat you like she is gon kill you, then the next minutes she is preparing your best food, i have never really understood that action sad

263 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by Michelle55: 1:48pm On Apr 11, 2023
Let's not talk about that woman called my mom, she's overly dramatic. I dare not cough, she would have to call her siblings that I want to kill her before her time just because I refuse taking meds for the cough or any slight headache that I might be having at that time.

When I was little, she beat shege banza comot for my body. When it was time to apologize, this woman legit dey cry dey beg me oh🤣🤣🤣( in my mind I was like, no be me supox dey cry as per person wey dem beat rigorously?🤔 I was confused for a whole week each time I looked at her) the tin weak me!

Leave drama for that woman, I simply can't understand her till date!😁😁

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by IyaTola: 2:42pm On Apr 11, 2023
grin
Merch:
Growing up, my mom will beat you like she is gon kill you, then the next minutes she is preparing your best food, i have never really understood that action sad

4 Likes

Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by Stephenmoka4(m): 5:15pm On Apr 11, 2023
Shey I carried u for nine months, you cannot do something for me eh?

When both of you are wrong, urs is considered worse.

Shey I've warned u not to... When something didn't work even though it has been going smooth for you.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by Evestar200(f): 6:45pm On Apr 11, 2023
That woman cheesy cheesy

Make I nor talk

5 Likes

Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by CaveAdullam: 6:45pm On Apr 11, 2023
Mothers are dramatic as a result of their protective nature towards their children. A woman doesn't care until it comes to her child. "I carried you for 9 nine months..." is a peculiar and common language across the globe.

Some that I can remember when we were still together:

1. Some nights she will leave her room to come to join me and my siblings in our bedroom. Mama will drag space with us even though she got two in her room.

2. Sometimes when she comes to the room at night, it is to "kill witches and wizards" with heavy prayers. At this moment, she doesn't care how deep in sleep are her children. That prayer must pray.

To finally destroy "enemies from her mother-in-law's and father-in-law's house, she starts sprinkling water in the room and other rooms in the house. In addition, she will start hitting the wall and floor. Don't joke with my mother when it comes to midnight prayer.

(So unfortunate that prayer doesn't work except as a form of meditation).

3. She sometimes gets jealous when one of her daughters cooks a delicious meal. Especially when Dad praises the food. Trust my dad, he doesn't hide his feelings when the food hits sharply on his taste buds.

The next cooking is my mother. This time nobody will enter the kitchen until she's done. Dinner becomes a debate of present food and previous food cooked by my sister(s).

4. The best way to win arguments with her husband is to have her children by her side. Anybody not on her side will get a cold response the next morning.

5. My mother prohibits her children from eating neighbors' food. But she can cook for the "whole" street. I missed some delicious neighbors' food. All ended up in the waste bin in a few minutes they enter her hand. This normally happens during festive periods.

Etc.

Thanks.

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by Yourprick: 6:46pm On Apr 11, 2023
Ok
Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by AustineCJ: 6:46pm On Apr 11, 2023
My sis planned for a small after court wedding reception, my mum went behind to invite church members, extended families, relatives in the village ..... sponsored their food and drinks that there’s no way her daughter will do a small reception. 😂😂

141 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by olisaEze(m): 6:47pm On Apr 11, 2023
On a scale of one to ten, she’s keeping it hundred! Ndi nne maama!! grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by kroger: 6:47pm On Apr 11, 2023
My mum never admits she has money, even if you see her with money she will say it's peoples money.. She is approcahing 70 and till date any money she has is contribution money....Ahan when will you have your own money grin

That woman can price ehn,she will price meat and i start feeling pity for the seller cheesy

175 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by MissOpe(f): 6:48pm On Apr 11, 2023
If I begin to recount and write about my own mama for here, I'm sure all the pages of nairaland wont contain it....

But that woman can swear for Africa and she be Deeper life woman...

One of the reasons I discarded religion like a piece of thrashhhh.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by Adebaba1(m): 6:48pm On Apr 11, 2023
My mama na gangster outside
But inside she's always soft
I am always confused

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 11, 2023
Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by superCleanworks(m): 6:49pm On Apr 11, 2023
Nah... not too dramatic. More on the comic comedic side but... you will get a very nice receipt if you step on her toes.

7 Likes

Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by Aforxzy(f): 6:49pm On Apr 11, 2023
My mum would wake me up in the middle of the night to correct me. She will tell me to open my Bible and read the book of Proverbs 4: 20 -22.

After which she will now tell me the story of my birth. Then end it will prayers.

All these in the night oo.

125 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by bigdammyj: 6:51pm On Apr 11, 2023
Reading...

1 Like

Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by ednut1(m): 6:51pm On Apr 11, 2023
My mum once priced meat in shop in Uk. 20 pounds for the portion of beef. She price am say e no gree 15 pounds. Something that was labeled with price per pound 😭🤣. In Nigeria cos of 10 naira difference she fit waka go another shop 🤣

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by Drjones109(m): 6:51pm On Apr 11, 2023
Nne gi.... Ogbalagi ose na amu nbu?

And still later check if ur ntanta is fine

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by sameoldguy: 6:53pm On Apr 11, 2023
When visitors give you food, she’ll tell you to take it and at the same time her eyes is telling you “try am and see”. Lol

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by FalseProphet1(m): 6:53pm On Apr 11, 2023
sad
Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by Sweetvie: 6:53pm On Apr 11, 2023
AustineCJ:
My sis planned for a small after court wedding reception, my mum went behind to invite church members, extended families, relatives in the village ..... sponsored their food and drinks that there’s no way her daughter will do a small reception. 😂😂
Lol, cute

4 Likes

Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by xavuv: 6:54pm On Apr 11, 2023
I don't like her

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Dramatic Is Your Mum? by EtransferLord: 6:54pm On Apr 11, 2023
grin make I no talk

Do you need a safe and secure way to trade your giftcards and funds at good rates? ?
We are direct gift card buyer. 100% honest and give you the best rates,

Steam gift card -------- 620/$
Itunes gift card ------- 500/$
Google Play gift card ---- 540/$
Amazon gift card -------- 510/$
Sephora gift card -------- 550/$
Ebay gift card ------ 500/$
Target gift card -------- 540/$
Best Buy gift card ------ 520/$
Razer Gold gift card ------ 600/$
Nike gift card ------- 560/$
Footlocker gift card ------- 580/$
Nordstrom gift card ------ 580/$
Roblox gift card ------- 360/$
Amerian Express gift card ------ 560/$
Vanlila gift card -----------------560/$
Visa/Wmvisa/Master...gift card ask for rate

Cashapp Funds --------- 660/$
Paypal Funds ------ 640/$
Venmo Funds --------- 550/$
zelle Funds ----------- 580/$
Greendot Funds --------- 650/$
Turbo Funds --------- 580/$
Walmank Funds ------- 600/$
GoBank Funds -------- 600/$
Etc.......

For the best trade

Ask questions and choose a system that benefits you.

# great service guaranteed

we accept All currencies

WhatsApp or call
∅7©--33--28© -153.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Husband Smokes Weed / How Many Kids Would You Like To Have And Why? / 14-year-old Pupil Wins N1m For Rescuing Boy In Boat Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.