Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:20 AM

I Want To Win Africa’s Best Player Award – Osimhen - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Want To Win Africa’s Best Player Award – Osimhen (394 Views)

2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist / Falconets break 12-year jinx to win Africa Games, defeat Cameroon on penalties / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Win Africa’s Best Player Award – Osimhen by robosky02(m): 1:56pm On Apr 11, 2023
Victor Osimhen has revealed his desire to win the African Footballer of the Year award.

No Nigerian footballer has won the award since former Arsenal forward Nwankwo Kanu took it home in 1999.

The likes of Austin Jay Jay Okocha, Vincent Enyeama and John Mikel Obi all came close to winning to win the individual accolade afterwards.

Osimhen has been tipped to win the award following a remarkable campaign for Serie A side, Napoli.

The 24-year-old has scored 21 goals in 23 league appearances to lead the Partenopei’s charge for a first Scudetto in 33 years.

The forward has also registered another four goals in five outings in the UEFA Champions League.

“I am not going to lie. It would be my dream to be African Footballer of the Year. I was at the ceremony in 2015, when Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang won the award. As an African you dream of this prize and maybe I can win,” Osimhen declared in an interview with the Daily Mail

https://dailypost.ng/2023/04/11/i-want-to-win-africas-best-player-award-osimhen/

1 Like

Re: I Want To Win Africa’s Best Player Award – Osimhen by Kriss216: 2:04pm On Apr 11, 2023
Napoli wins Seria A
Napoli gets to UCL semi finals

Automatically, Osimhen is Africa best player. No one comes close.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Win Africa’s Best Player Award – Osimhen by robosky02(m): 2:11pm On Apr 11, 2023
Kriss216:
Napoli wins Seria A
Napoli gets to UCL semi finals

Automatically, Osimhen is Africa best player. No one comes close.

How do you rate the chances of

Mo. Salah

Sadio Mane

Jean-Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting?

Who will give osimhen trouble?
Re: I Want To Win Africa’s Best Player Award – Osimhen by Kriss216: 2:17pm On Apr 11, 2023
robosky02:

How do you rate the chances of

Mo. Salah

Sadio Mane

Jean-Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting?

Who will give osimhen trouble?
Salah is finishing the season with no trophy

Sadio Mane has being battling injuries all through the season

Choupo-Moting face no show at all. Hakimi stands a better chance than him.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Win Africa’s Best Player Award – Osimhen by Emperormartin(m): 4:32pm On Apr 11, 2023
He'll win it more likely if he's playing in England.

Since 2006 only two Africans playing outside England has won it.

Freddie Omar kanoute (Mali, Sevilla; 2007)
And
Pierre Emerick Aubemayang (Gabon, B. Dortmund; 2015)

The rest has been players from premier league.

No wonder he (victor osimhen) wants to play in England
Re: I Want To Win Africa’s Best Player Award – Osimhen by FairlyUSEDpussy: 8:25pm On Apr 16, 2023
There u have it........
Re: I Want To Win Africa’s Best Player Award – Osimhen by Nlanalyst: 1:50pm On Jul 09, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:
There u have it........
What say you about my offer bro?
I can pick up today.
I'm not far from your location.
Re: I Want To Win Africa’s Best Player Award – Osimhen by FairlyUSEDpussy: 2:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
Nlanalyst:

What say you about my offer bro?
I can pick up today.
I'm not far from your location.

Kuku make am 20 bro ........
Re: I Want To Win Africa’s Best Player Award – Osimhen by Nlanalyst: 3:44pm On Jul 09, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Kuku make am 20 bro ........
Bros, make we just leave am for that price please. Can still pick up today.
Re: I Want To Win Africa’s Best Player Award – Osimhen by FairlyUSEDpussy: 4:22pm On Jul 09, 2023
Nlanalyst:

Bros, make we just leave am for tht price please. Can still pick up today.

Una big pass 5k......
Nah cos money no hand I be wan sell am.....

(1) (Reply)

SALGALO 1.30-1.50 Odd Confirm / Messi's Whooping Salary Makes Other Miami Players Salary Look Like Peanut ^0^ / Chelsea Vs Brighton 4-3 Highlights (download Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.