Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? (13649 Views)

Pray For My Death If I Am Guilty of Demonic Consultation - Pastor Adeboye / Prayers Work / Reason Why Some People Prayers Are Not Easily Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Mpanyi: 2:44pm On Apr 16, 2023
Mpanyi:
Leave God matter for God. Answering or not answering prayer is God's responsibility. Yours as a human is to pray or not to pray

After going through some rantings of people here who obviously think they know more than God, I decided to add to my earlier post. If God doesn't hear prayers for the death how come the Scripture advises us in 1 John 5:16 to pray for our brothers who committed certain types of sin and God will give them life?

Some people here forming and claiming nonsense. I say once again, leave God matter for God.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by WantsandMore: 2:47pm On Apr 16, 2023
I think we try too study God too much instead of understanding him, all he requires is that you've faith. Wherever & whatever that faith leads to is exactly where you ought to be.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by 123huawei: 2:48pm On Apr 16, 2023
According to Islamic injunction things that will send prayers to the dead are:
Any good deeds the dead person behind and people benefit from it (even after dead)
Any prayer of the faithfuls of dead person and good deeds.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Ynix(m): 2:50pm On Apr 16, 2023
emerged01:

And it is good for one to practice what he preaches.
of course
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by montanaguy(m): 3:09pm On Apr 16, 2023
Prayers, preachings and sermons at burials, are for the living who came for the burial and not for the dead. Its a reminder that, we are mortals and shall taste death. Its for the living to repent and make peace with God. Its appointed unto man to die once. After that, comes the judgement. No repentance in the grave. Repentance is now.

No amount of prayers, sermons or preachings, will change the destination of a sinful soul.

1 Like

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kobojunkiee: 3:09pm On Apr 16, 2023
MN07:
■ According to God?Where did you meet him to get this information? sad
1. I can quote even a dead president without ever meeting him alive on this earth, right? undecided
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kobojunkiee: 3:11pm On Apr 16, 2023
saintkel:
God answers all prayers pls......even d prayers of sinners He hears n may decide to answer d one that pleases Him
So you take it that God is in fact a liar since according to you, there is no truth to his claim that he does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous aka sinners?. undecided
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by EvangelistChuks(m): 3:33pm On Apr 16, 2023
It’s appointed unto everyone to die and after death judgement.There is no repentance in the grave.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Apr 16, 2023
Peacecore:
I disagree, God answers sinners' prayers as well. Moses erred by marrying from the gentile nation but God was still listening to him
So God lies https://www.nairaland.com/7110397/gospel-minddump/3#122064044
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On Apr 16, 2023
abibun:
If God doesn't answer their prayers, how then do he forgive them?
https://www.nairaland.com/7110397/gospel-minddump/3#122064044

God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous, meaning that forgiveness for one who is unrighteous is not gotten through prayer at all. undecided
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Bishop(m): 3:49pm On Apr 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
It is traditional for some religious groups to organize prayers for their dead members. Some relatives of the deceased usually carry the corpse to the place the late person used to worship for prayers.

Others offer prayers for the repose of the soul of the dead before internment.

Even after burial, some observe 8 days, 40 days, a year prayers etc for God to forgive the sins of the departed one and grant him or her eternal rest.

Even some religious adherents who don't believe in praying for the dead would be quick to type RIP to show their love.

Do people's prayers really avail after death?

There is a time appointed for man to die and after death Judgment,

Hebrew 9:27

That's what the Bible tells Christian and i don't know what you believe in, if you are Christian it's , Judgement after death.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Fa44me: 4:06pm On Apr 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
It is traditional for some religious groups to organize prayers for their dead members. Some relatives of the deceased usually carry the corpse to the place the late person used to worship for prayers.

Even after burial, some observe 8 days, 40 days, a year prayers etc for God to forgive the sins of the departed one and grant him or her eternal rest.

Even some religious adherents who don't believe in praying for the dead would be quick to type RIP to show their love.

After death? No prayer can work for dead person. The person that did evil things without repentance before he died cannot receive forgiveness after death. One thing is sure which no prayer can change, the person will face the music of a
what he/she did while on Earth. May God help us all to live as expected.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by faithfull18(f): 4:32pm On Apr 16, 2023
NO
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by wildernessVoice: 5:32pm On Apr 16, 2023
Ezekiel 18:4, 20
Hebrews 9:27

Once one died, God's judgement follows.
God's judgement on sinners is death, that's death in hell fire not mortals death.
No prayer can save someone that God has already judged.
A sinner does not Rest in Peace.
If you must rest in peace, accept Jesus now before it's too late.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 16, 2023
The only chance for your soul, is the level of frequency it adopts from earth, this frequency is what will make it transcend and connect to similar souls of higher frequency, otherwise you can end up like plant or manure. Live a higher life here, it's the best chance.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by dsupremeoley(m): 6:58pm On Apr 16, 2023
As long as the Bible remains the sole manual for human existence then this... Hebrews 9:27(KJV) And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by thunderbabs: 7:28pm On Apr 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:

Those prayers are a waste of time and resources. Pple just want akara for already made pap ni. Once a human is dead, prayers does nothing for him/her. It doesn't cleanse his sins or take him to heaven.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by chi4paul: 9:39pm On Apr 16, 2023
[27]Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so people will be judged based on what they did while alife. So praying for the dead is not what will determine whether they will make heaven or not. Give you life to Christ because
he is the only way to eternal life
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by solreb: 11:01pm On Apr 16, 2023
Praying for the dead is a waste of time and future effort. Man has only one chance to.make it right with his God. Once.man dies, he is judged immediately and a decision is reached weather he will be in hell or praise. Heb 9.27 states clearly that "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment". And the story of Lazarus and the Rich man in Luke 16:19-31 indicates clearly what happens to man fter death. While Lazarus was in paradise the Richmond was in hell fire such that he begged Abraham ti met Lazarus dip his finger in water and put in his mouth due to the torment of fire where he was.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by chipower: 7:31am On Apr 17, 2023
solreb:
Praying for the dead is a waste of time and future effort. Man has only one chance to.make it right with his God. Once.man dies, he is judged immediately and a decision is reached weather he will be in hell or praise. Heb 9.27 states clearly that "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment". And the story of Lazarus and the Rich man in Luke 16:19-31 indicates clearly what happens to man fter death. While Lazarus was in paradise the Richmond was in hell fire such that he begged Abraham ti met Lazarus dip his finger in water and put in his mouth due to the torment of fire where he was.

If what you are saying is true, how then did Jesus and Peter raised people from death?

1 Like

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by emmyileri(m): 8:29am On Apr 17, 2023
KJV:And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment. Hebrews 9:27.
No amount of prayer can work for the dead. If the man is unsaved, he is gone for good into eternal torment.
KJV:That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
KJV:For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10 :9-10.
The dead cannot confess Christ as their lord and Saviour. It's game over
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Peacecore: 10:23am On Apr 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So God lies https://www.nairaland.com/7110397/gospel-minddump/3#122064044
God will have mercy on who He will have mercy on. Everyone is sinner that even the riteous sins seven times a day
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by FreedomfromtheT: 11:19am On Apr 17, 2023
123huawei:
According to Islamic injunction things that will send prayers to the dead are:
Any good deeds the dead person behind and people benefit from it (even after dead)
Any prayer of the faithfuls of dead person and good deeds.
Good works done while still a sinner saves noone.
There must be salvation first and there is only One Saviour.
Prayers after death are useless exercises in futility.
Please know it now.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by FreedomfromtheT: 11:23am On Apr 17, 2023
Peacecore:
God will have mercy on who He will have mercy on. Everyone is sinner that even the riteous sins seven times a day
You are partly right.
Everyone was born a sinner. Personal efforts at righteousness is a filthy rags before God. But you can be truly righteous through the salvation and imparted righteousness from Christ.
God will have mercy on any sinner who genuinely repents and appropriates the finished work of Christ in his)her behalf while still alive.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by FreedomfromtheT: 11:24am On Apr 17, 2023
emmyileri:
KJV:And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment. Hebrews 9:27.
No amount of prayer can work for the dead. If the man is unsaved, he is gone for good into eternal torment.
KJV:That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
KJV:For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10 :9-10.
The dead cannot confess Christ as their lord and Saviour. It's game over
Well said.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by FreedomfromtheT: 11:26am On Apr 17, 2023
chi4paul:
[27]Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so people will be judged based on what they did while alife. So praying for the dead is not what will determine whether they will make heaven or not. Give you life to Christ because
he is the only way to eternal life
Aptly said.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by FreedomfromtheT: 11:27am On Apr 17, 2023
Fa44me:

After death? No prayer can work for dead person. The person that did evil things without repentance before he died cannot receive forgiveness after death. One thing is sure which no prayer can change, the person will face the music of a
what he/she did while on Earth. May God help us all to live as expected.
Amen.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by FreedomfromtheT: 11:28am On Apr 17, 2023
thunderbabs:

Those prayers are a waste of time and resources. Pple just want akara for already made pap ni. Once a human is dead, prayers does nothing for him/her. It doesn't cleanse his sins or take him to heaven.
That's the gospel truth.

1 Like

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by FreedomfromtheT: 11:29am On Apr 17, 2023
montanaguy:
Prayers, preachings and sermons at burials, are for the living who came for the burial and not for the dead. Its a reminder that, we are mortals and shall taste death. Its for the living to repent and make peace with God. Its appointed unto man to die once. After that, comes the judgement. No repentance in the grave. Repentance is now.

No amount of prayers, sermons or preachings, will change the destination of a sinful soul.
This is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by FreedomfromtheT: 11:30am On Apr 17, 2023
thunderbabs:

That's the gospel truth.

1 Like

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kobojunkiee: 3:04pm On Apr 17, 2023
Peacecore:
God's mercy/kindness is not same as God's answer to specific prayers and petitions of men. undecided

In scripture, Jesus Christ affirmed God's Word that God pours out His mercy out daily on the wicked and ungrateful, even unbelievers. Meaning His mercy are yours even if you do not believe in God or pray for them. Look at the lives of unbelievers to see this truth regularly. They experience miracles, success and joy even in their lives.

God, however, made clear He will not answer the prayers of the unrighteous Meaning that no unrighteous man will never get answers directly from God, no matter how much He tries. Is God a liar?. undecided
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Peacecore: 5:21pm On Apr 17, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
God's mercy/kindness is not same as God's answer to specific prayers and petitions of men. undecided

In scripture, Jesus Christ affirmed God's Word that God pours out His mercy out daily on the wicked and ungrateful, even unbelievers. Meaning His mercy are yours even if you do not believe in God or pray for them. Look at the lives of unbelievers to see this truth regularly. They experience miracles, success and joy even in their lives.

God, however, made clear He will not answer the prayers of the unrighteous Meaning that no unrighteous man will never get answers directly from God, no matter how much He tries. Is God a liar?. undecided
The two questions I have for you are:
1. Do God answers people's prayers everyday?
2. Is anyone sinless?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment / Why Does God Not Heal/help Like He Promised? / Blasphemy Severs Link By Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.