Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,392 members, 7,836,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? (13691 Views)

Pray For My Death If I Am Guilty of Demonic Consultation - Pastor Adeboye / Prayers Work / Reason Why Some People Prayers Are Not Easily Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:12am On Apr 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:

Do people's prayers really avail after death?
NO!
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:16am On Apr 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
Therefore Christ after His death and burial had to go and release the old Testament saints from Abraham's bosom into heaven. Thank you.

When did this happen?
The Bible talks of a time when all those in the memorial tombs will hear Christ's voice and come out! John 5:28-29; Revelations 20:13
So if all those people are now in heaven then who will be resurrected?
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by orisa37: 8:07am On Apr 16, 2023
THE PURPOSE OF EXTREME UNCTION IS TO ALERT THE PROPITIATION OF OUR SINS AT THE TEMPLE OF GRACE.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by orisa37: 8:11am On Apr 16, 2023
IT IS PLEADING WITH JESUS TO HAVE MERCY ON YOUR MISERABLE SOUL.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by silverkings: 9:57am On Apr 16, 2023
It will not work.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Jerrydox(m): 9:57am On Apr 16, 2023
H
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Jones4190(m): 9:57am On Apr 16, 2023
No, the dead are conscious of nothing
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 9:58am On Apr 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. According to God, He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous because their requests are made filthy and an abomination by their sins. This means that God does not answer prayers said by sinners and the unrighteous — not even their many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are heard and answered by Him. God only answers all — not some —of the prayers of the righteous. The righteous refers to individuals who through continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments—not to be confused with doctrines and traditions of the churches of men — have proved themselves worthy to God Himself. undecided

So, if God does not already answer any of your many petitions for the living, why would you worry about whether He responds to your petitions said for the dead? undecided

TRY JESUS TODAY AND SEE THE DIFFERENCE.

HE ALWAYS ANSWER, AND FORGIVE.

1 Like

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by OloyeVIII: 10:02am On Apr 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. It is an even better idea to visit reality often as regards many of the rituals we engage in so we do not continue to wallow in the muddy pool of ignorance for longer than is necessary. grin
I'm lost.. you dey laff
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by flokii: 10:06am On Apr 16, 2023
NO..

It's your works while on earth that will determine your path after death.. the bible says it's Judgement after death.. Whether immediately or on the judgement day, you'll definitely be judged.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by NaijaCover(m): 10:11am On Apr 16, 2023
GeeM:
yes

Why Saying Yes
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by SeriouslySense(m): 10:12am On Apr 16, 2023
To my current knowledge, there is no indication that prayers after death works.

The only thing that counts, if we accepted Jesus and his works on the cross, then we are sealed for the day of redemption and our name is written in the book of life.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kobojunkiee: 10:14am On Apr 16, 2023
legitnow1:
■ TRY JESUS TODAY AND SEE THE DIFFERENCE. HE ALWAYS ANSWER, AND FORGIVE.
1. So, if God does not answer, Jesus Christ will go against God to answer always? undecided
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by kaludestiny10(m): 10:15am On Apr 16, 2023
NO. Prayers like may God forgive the sins of the departed can't be answered by God because we made to understand from the scriptures that it is appointed unto a man to die and after it, is judgement.
We are also told that there is no repentance in the grave.

2 Likes

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Nusooo: 10:15am On Apr 16, 2023
All religion is based on BELIEVE, absolute believe, you will be treated as you believe, that's the way of spirit.
If you have belief, no doubt at all in you that, it work, then it will work,
Either you are Christian, Muslim or other Believer, anything you believe in, is correct, no need to condemn others, and don't use your beliefs to disturb others, is between you and your God.
There are many things we don't understand in about spirit and if we continue to ask, no one can convince you of the answer but only you. Because our brain only recognizes what we can see or hear by ourselves, and ways of spirit don't work in that way, just believe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kobojunkiee: 10:16am On Apr 16, 2023
Nusooo:
All religion is based on BELIEVE, absolute believe, you will be treated as you believe, that's the way of spirit.
Which spirit? The one you created? undecided
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 16, 2023
Pls God give me a good wife..

The only sinful thought in my mind is sexual urge..

But my every other sanity is intact..

Konji wan kill person pikin and I no fit carry any girl that is not my own
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 10:19am On Apr 16, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. So, if God does not answer, Jesus Christ will go against God to answer always? undecided

JESUS IS GOD

John 14:6 ►

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by jayAjoku(m): 10:21am On Apr 16, 2023
Assuming your Grandmother is dead so you still hear her voice ? When you die your soul leaves this plane of existence and goes to be with the creator that is as simple as it is, once you are done with your life’s mission you return to the source of all creation
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by SeriouslySense(m): 10:21am On Apr 16, 2023
This is the correct answer. appointed to die once, and after Judgement. So the prayers for the deceased does nothing. But we say prayers for the deceased to console ourselves, and its okay.

kaludestiny10:
NO. Prayers like may God forgive the sins of the departed can't be answered by God because we made to understand from the scriptures that it is appointed unto a man to die and after it, is judgement.

2 Likes

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kobojunkiee: 10:25am On Apr 16, 2023
legitnow1:
■ JESUS IS GOD
John 14:6 ►

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
So, if Jesus Christ is God then what you are insinuating is that He as God lied when He said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous? undecided
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by emerged01(m): 10:27am On Apr 16, 2023
Ynix:

It's not a bad idea to question ideas but it is good for one to mind one's business and focus on important personal matters
And it is good for one to practice what he preaches.

2 Likes

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by shoskid(m): 10:27am On Apr 16, 2023
kaludestiny10:

Correct
No chance for repentant once dead, The Bible made us understand that It's judgment straight after death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Mpanyi: 10:29am On Apr 16, 2023
Leave God matter for God. Answering or not answering prayer is God's responsibility. Yours as a human is to pray or not to pray

1 Like

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by abibun: 10:30am On Apr 16, 2023
If God doesn't answer their prayers, how then do he forgive them?
Kobojunkie:
1. According to God, He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous because their requests are made filthy and an abomination by their sins. This means that God does not answer prayers said by sinners and the unrighteous — not even their many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are heard and answered by Him. God only answers all — not some —of the prayers of the righteous. The righteous refers to individuals who through continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments—not to be confused with doctrines and traditions of the churches of men — have proved themselves worthy to God Himself. undecided

So, if God does not already answer any of your many petitions for the living, why would you worry about whether He responds to your petitions said for the dead? undecided
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Franking: 10:34am On Apr 16, 2023
Dead or alive, prayers are mere wishful thinking. They don't work.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Bluntemperor: 10:37am On Apr 16, 2023
Ynix:

It's not a bad idea to question ideas but it is good for one to mind one's business and focus on important personal matters

It not about idea but it's not 'Biblical',for none in the Scriptures set up!
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by STEVENcrack(m): 10:40am On Apr 16, 2023
No repentance after death bro..it's only on earth you can repent. After death comes judgement. You die a sinner hellfire straight you die in holiness heaven straight. You can't go to hell and God would change His mind and bring u back to heaven DONT BE DECEIVED THERE'S NO PURGATORY
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by ismodiwa(m): 10:43am On Apr 16, 2023
Soon you'll find out
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kobojunkiee: 10:44am On Apr 16, 2023
abibun:
If God doesn't answer their prayers, how then do he forgive them?
So long as they are unrighteous, there focus should instead be on being set free from slavery to sin and the only way to achieve that is through continuous submission and obedience of Jesus Christ's teachings and commandments, God's Truth, who is the only one who can set them free from their sin debt and transform them - John 8 vs 31 - 44. No amount of praying can accomplish that or change that. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

To All Atheist / Atheism VS Christianity, Which One Is A Result Of Indoctrination? / If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.