Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering (2654 Views)

Japa Wave: The Positive Effects On The Nigeria Workplace / I Was Motivated By A 21 Year Old Speaker Who Owns 3 Shops Until I Discovered / Read This Short Career Piece And Be Motivated By BONEZ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 11, 2023
I watched a video where someone explained how she spent up to #20M to Japa. Poor Nigerians cannot Japa. These are probably people earning #1M+ NGN. These are the people that will reach abroad and earn slightly higher than this. Their only consolation sometimes is to convert their earnings to naira and tell you "I earn more than a Bank Manager in Nigeria". Bro,is the cost of living in Nigeria and America the same?? And don't Riddle me with "Nigeria can happen to anyone". There are very well secured places in Nigeria. I have lived over 29yrs in Nigeria (South West) and I've never even seen a gun except with the police and army. I only ever use to hear cases of insecurities, I've really never meet the victims. I'm not saying insecurities does not exist, in fact, it is everywhere. But I trust Nigerian Never to share such news. Still remember my uncle told how he narrowly escaped being shot in Baltimore two years ago.

Japa wave is motivated by showoff and the feelings Nigerians have anytime people talk about "do you know XYZ is now in America". Couples with the prestige with which poor nigerian give them upon say Dem dey send dollars. Just emotions and vibes and snow pictures to pepper those who held them in high esteem at home

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by Killerbag36: 11:03pm On Apr 11, 2023
Then selling heroine in Chicago its motivated by wat?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by Puremind1225: 11:04pm On Apr 11, 2023
after reading your write-up, as someone whos lived in the country for decades and lived outside the country, i can correctly deduce somethings about your kind of person,
(1) you voted for Tinubu
(2) you support APC corrupt and oppressive regime,
(3) you support the injustice in the country cos you think it favors you somehow.
(4) you are tribalistic and have supported the old system that have impoverished and kept us down for a very long time and want to keep the status quo
(5) you have not stepped your foot outside the country, so you have become so used to hard life that you have no experience how a good life feels. you think its all about money right?
you are poor no matter the amount of money you have if you dont have good roads, if you dont have light, if you are surrounded by poor people.
and besides you lack the exposure necessary to come here and start telling us the advantages and disadvantages of traveling out. Bleep-off boy.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 11, 2023
Killerbag36:
Then selling heroine in Chicago its motivated by wat?

Amoda Tinubu 😂

1 Like

Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by Killerbag36: 11:08pm On Apr 11, 2023
Tadadobe:

Amoda Tinubu 😂

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by fullnetwork: 11:21pm On Apr 11, 2023
I don't think so.
In that 29 years, people over there do not think of generator or fuel.
They don't bother with when landlord will pump water.
They take long walks without dodging okada or Keke.
If you call police for anyone there, the person go face the music. Nothing like do you know who I am.
You buy moto, pot hole no go dry your pockets for mechanic hand.
The life here is for the dead.
Govt has collected $800m, how did dey come up with helping only 50m people? The over 150m na fools?
Guy, don't talk about what you don't know.
Life over there is not easy. No work, no chop.
But for those who work, they may live comfortably without fear or hopelessness.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by MechanicMike: 11:27pm On Apr 11, 2023
Tadadobe:
I watched a video where someone explained how she spent up to #20M to Japa. Poor Nigerians cannot Japa. These are probably people earning #1M+ NGN. These are the people that will reach abroad and earn slightly higher than this. Their only consolation sometimes is to convert their earnings to naira and tell you "I earn more than a Bank Manager in Nigeria". Bro,is the cost of living in Nigeria and America the same?? And don't Riddle me with "Nigeria can happen to anyone". There are very well secured places in Nigeria. I have lived over 29yrs in Nigeria (South West) and I've never even seen a gun except with the police and army. I only ever use to hear cases of insecurities, I've really never meet the victims. I'm not saying insecurities does not exist, in fact, it is everywhere. But I trust Nigerian Never to share such news. Still remember my uncle told how he narrowly escaped being shot in Baltimore two years ago.

Japa wave is motivated by showoff and the feelings Nigerians have anytime people talk about "do you know XYZ is now in America". Couples with the prestige with which poor nigerian give them upon say Dem dey send dollars. Just emotions and vibes and snow pictures to pepper those who held them in high esteem at home

Story.
Bro but then when u sell Coco...u make $15million dollar cheesy
Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 11, 2023
MechanicMike:

Story.
Bro but then when u sell Coco...u make $15million dollar cheesy

Not nigeria. But it's easy to make $2M per day in America. Nigerian immigrant make as high as that. $60 million dollars per month. Even those that work at McDonald earn close to this
Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 11, 2023
fullnetwork:
I don't think so.
In that 29 years, people over there do not think of generator or fuel.
They don't bother with when landlord will pump water.
They take long walks without dodging okada or Keke.
If you call police for anyone there, the person go face the music. Nothing like do you know who I am.
You buy moto, pot hole no go dry your pockets for mechanic hand.
The life here is for the dead.
Govt has collected $800m, how did dey come up with helping only 50m people? The over 150m na fools?
Guy, don't talk about what you don't know.
Life over there is not easy. No work, no chop.
But for those who work, they may live comfortably without fear or hopelessness.

Those things you mentioned aren't Free. They're ridiculously expensive, including education. If you're paying that much in Nigeria, maybe things will work better. An average Nigerian don't even pay for electricity, dodge taxes. In the US, you pack your car on the road, you pay. You can't even park your cars for free. Think about it, if you pay for the services in Nigeria, maybe it won't be like this. I understand that we all get defensive anytime someone decide to narrate what we don't want to hear about abroad because these abroad qre where we see as heaven and we're basically slave to them, but then , let's think for once

7 Likes

Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by caesymore(m): 11:49pm On Apr 11, 2023
Hahahah.

Reality check, a thin line there is between need from greed.
Japa: Proudly sponsored by Insecurity and powered by need for a better life.

3 Likes

Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by Maxxim: 11:56pm On Apr 11, 2023
Tadadobe:

Those things you mentioned aren't Free. They're ridiculously expensive, including education. If you're paying that much in Nigeria, maybe things will work better. An average Nigerian don't even pay for electricity, dodge taxes. In the US, you pack your car on the road, you pay. You can't even park your cars for free. Think about it, if you pay for the services in Nigeria, maybe it won't be like this. I understand that we all get defensive anytime someone decide to narrate what we don't want to hear about abroad because these abroad qre where we see as heaven and we're basically slave to them, but then , let's think for once
I actually thought about this after I watched a documentary where the lady a white american laments on how they pay bill over bills, like aside from normal tax, you'll have to pay tax on every other things you own like vehicle.
That's even too far a guy who came back from Mali few years ago spoke about the weight of the offense of being caught bypassing electricity, he said one can risk spending lot of years behind bars cause of these lil offense.
But here in naija, even the nepa guy wasn't expecting you to pay your bill, just 1k tip will be enough until another month.
So I keep asking if we're all ready for the kind of country we believe we deserve, if its time for the revolution are we all ready to make the mindset shift that's required to make the system of the country work, psp and local govt officials are usually dealth with everything they show their faces imagine 😁

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by Regex: 12:12am On Apr 12, 2023
Maxxim:

I actually thought about this after I watched a documentary where the lady a white american laments on how they pay bill over bills, like aside from normal tax, you'll have to pay tax on every other things you own like vehicle.
That's even too far a guy who came back from Mali few years ago spoke about the weight of the offense of being caught bypassing electricity, he said one can risk spending lot of years behind bars cause of these lil offense.
But here in naija, even the nepa guy wasn't expecting you to pay your bill, just 1k tip will be enough until another month.
So I keep asking if we're all ready for the kind of country we believe we deserve, if its time for the revolution are we all ready to make the mindset shift that's required to make the system of the country work, psp and local govt officials are usually dealth with everything they show their faces imagine 😁

Everyone is quick to condemn those who have left Nigeria for greener pastures but no one wants to look within the points you have made here.

Has people actually sat down and asked themselves that if all the bills paid abroad are introduced to Nigeria and it's being used diligently for what it's meant, wouldn't people not live here and make such payment instead?

Money generated gets stolen and a ridiculous excuse is given.

I pay tax in UK, and sure as hell will pay road tax and council tax too because, just today on my way to work, at about 7pm, some construction workers were busy trying to fix a pipe that ran underneath the road and they have to meet up with deadline. Unlike paying all these and for a governor to campaign with 17km road he built for a second tenure.

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 12, 2023
Maxxim:

I just hate the hypocrisy of these people on this nairaland. They know how and why things work better over there. When they get there, they follow law, pay exorbitant fees for services, pay huge rent that is even high enough to divide their earnings into 1/3, but they'll come to social media and lie. When you ask them why they follow law and act accordingly in abroad, and they break law, refuse to pay taxes, refuse to pay their bills in Nigeria, they'll tell you Nigerian government too lenient and Nigeria is a zoo. Lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by MrBroke(m): 5:50am On Apr 12, 2023
Tadadobe:

Not nigeria. But it's easy to make $2M per day in America. Nigerian immigrant make as high as that. $60 million dollars per month. Even those that work at McDonald earn close to this

You dey hear yourself?
Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by Nobody: 6:14am On Apr 12, 2023
MrBroke:

You dey hear yourself?

That's what we've been told by people over there

1 Like

Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by Lifeomann(m): 6:25am On Apr 12, 2023
Tadadobe:

true
Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by KevMitnick: 6:49am On Apr 12, 2023
This Op is stoopid .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by Makamatic: 7:23am On Apr 12, 2023
Like education is expensive when public schools are free . Food is cheap , electricity is there . Mr man better know the new set of Nigerians going to the western world are achievers who are earning 6 figures so just a little time as long as you got the correct POF u'll be fine . But to you guys all the Nigerians in abroad are either security, waiting table or home keeping and are earning $10 hourly . Las Las everybody go get regrets , but I don't pray for had I know

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by Roum(m): 7:37am On Apr 12, 2023
So every Nigerians should relocate to south west since it's secured abi
Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by Maxxim: 7:45am On Apr 12, 2023
Tadadobe:

I just hate the hypocrisy of these people on this nairaland. They know how and why things work better over there. When they get there, they follow law, pay exorbitant fees for services, pay huge rent that is even high enough to divide their earnings into 1/3, but they'll come to social media and lie. When you ask them why they follow law and act accordingly in abroad, and they break law, refuse to pay taxes, refuse to pay their bills in Nigeria, they'll tell you Nigerian government too lenient and Nigeria is a zoo. Lol

Exactly bro, most people knows what it takes to have a working system of government, like you said we can't be complaining and not ready to do the right thing, it shows no different between us and the same leaders we're accusing of being incompetent.
Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by nicerod(m): 7:47am On Apr 12, 2023
Abroad na for people wey get money o

1 Like

Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by Maxxim: 8:08am On Apr 12, 2023
Regex:

Everyone is quick to condemn those who have left Nigeria for greener pastures but no one wants to look within the points you have made here.

Has people actually sat down and asked themselves that if all the bills paid abroad are introduced to Nigeria and it's being used diligently for what it's meant, wouldn't people not live here and make such payment instead?

Money generated gets stolen and a ridiculous excuse is given.

I pay tax in UK, and sure as hell will pay road tax and council tax too because, just today on my way to work, at about 7pm, some construction workers were busy trying to fix a pipe that ran underneath the road and they have to meet up with deadline. Unlike paying all these and for a governor to campaign with 17km road he built for a second tenure.

I think the issue with us Nigerians is that we chooses not to do the right thing and still expecting the opposite result, I never had issues with people living abroad cause if I had the chance I won't think twice but I just hope everyone who's migrated and paying their dues to their host country will also do so in their home country if the country runs fine too,
With my observation some percentage of those who have migrated won't mind if the condition of the country persists for more decades, reason is because most have these thoughts of being superior to their counterparts here, and that their believe of flying over here living lavida loca

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by marlow1962(m): 8:18am On Apr 12, 2023
Bro just say u don't have the money to Japa and stop talking bla. Abi you never tire from suffering?

1 Like

Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by Jokerman(m): 8:20am On Apr 12, 2023
I knew this guy was a government agent from his earlier thread.

Confirmed now
Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by Sweetvie: 8:20am On Apr 12, 2023
So many threads on same topic... Una no dey tire?
Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by MuMuOnBail: 8:55am On Apr 12, 2023
na wa ooo

Boss I hail thee.

I stayed in San Fransisco, California and what I saw in that city, I swear I will never see such again in my entire life.

I have said it and I'll say it again, that 99% of Nigerians have never witness first hand a Mass shooting or drive-by shooting.
I have been robbed thrice in this life so far and all happened in the U.S one in a restaurant and we were all robbed while we sat hopelessly.

I been in Nigeria for about 3 years going to 4, I visited the North, Middle belt, Southwest and South-South and I have never seen what I saw in California for once. Just a simple argument and shoots will ring out before your know it's a Bleep.

Some have never ever seen herdmens or Boko terrorist with their eyes but they scream that Nigeria is not safe.

My brother as I use to say, Abroad is not meant for everybody, I have worked in European 2 countries and travelled to 6 countries and my family reside in one presently. But I never liked there like Home.
They is something within you that keep reminding that this is not your home, even if you are a citizen there like me.

If it work for you thank God and if it doesn't return back like me.

I am a very happy man that I stay in Nigeria and I have a lot of side chick I am f*cking like a dawg!!! on a daily bases

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by danvon(m): 9:08am On Apr 12, 2023
The worst part about japa wave is how it ultimately destroys its purpose...

If few Nigerians japa then it's not a problem - because it's not a problem more Nigerians begin to japa and very soon the worst Nigerians will japa too and they will japa with all the crime, lawlessness, corruption that the initial japaists claim to run away from...

Eventually the government will become racist and would ban Nigerians from immigrating.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by THEGALADIMA(m): 9:23am On Apr 12, 2023
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Puremind1225:
after reading your write-up, as someone whos lived in the country for decades and lived outside the country, i can correctly deduce somethings about your kind of person,
(1) you voted for Tinubu
(2) you support APC corrupt and oppressive regime,
(3) you support the injustice in the country cos you think it favors you somehow.
(4) you are tribalistic and have supported the old system that have impoverished and kept us down for a very long time and want to keep the status quo
(5) you have not stepped your foot outside the country, so you have become so used to hard life that you have no experience how a good life feels. you think its all about money right?
you are poor no matter the amount of money you have if you dont have good roads, if you dont have light, if you are surrounded by poor people.
and besides you lack the exposure necessary to come here and start telling us the advantages and disadvantages of traveling out. Bleep-off boy.
Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by Tayorshd2(m): 9:25am On Apr 12, 2023
God bless you Nigerians are not ready to pay for anything expecting the government to do all for free and yet they compare Nigeria with america that pay for everything without dodging 😢

Maxxim:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by thesicilian: 9:29am On Apr 12, 2023
Insecurity is worse in America than in Nigeria, but anyone who wants to relocate should not be condemned as being greedy. It is human nature to always want to explore that other side of the fence with seemingly greener grass

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa Wave Is Actually Heavily Motivated By Greed And Feelings Than By Suffering by Doubleoh7: 11:50am On Apr 12, 2023
Funny thread. Man kept harping on Nigerians don't pay tax, why don't you say you yourself don't pay tax? The last i checked, i know how much my company deducted from my salary for PAYE tax, in addition to the numerous consumption taxes i pay. Or are you expecting the 40% plus unemployed Nigerians to pay taxes or what exactly? The few that pay taxes, the companies and multinationals that pay all the trillions that FIRS declare as non oil income, what have your government done with it? Today you read about an individual stealing billions and nothing happens, tomorrow the same. The worst they get for stealing billions is maybe a meagre fine, a very mild slap on the wrist. See listen Mr., govt is a Trust system, the people pay taxes, trusting that the government will be expend there money judiciously but when you steal the people blind from their collective wealth, oppress them with security that are paid from the same tax incomes, yet they provide their own power, they provide water themselves, security men at their gate (this is in addition to the high prison like fences with electric barb wires and metal protectors on the windows and some expensive bullet proof doors you find in their homes) and they have to meander through craters (I refuse to call those eyesores potholes), what exactly is to motivate them to keep feeding you more taxes to embezzle? No matter how comfortable you are outside the country, it will never feel like home but see, nothing beats a working system and please get used to the fact that some people japa because of their own sanity and not necessarily to make money

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Undergraduate Internship In Telecom Industries,mobil And Slumberger / A Talented Mathematician / Cis Result Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.