Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,037 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations (37578 Views)

Sexual Harassment: Victim’s Result Still Withheld By OAU After Lecturer’s Jail / OAU students trapped following a downpour, today, in Ile Ife, Osun State (Photos / Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by nlfpmod: 9:25am On Apr 12, 2023
Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By Students in OAU 'Maximum Shi Shi' Over Phone Theft Allegations

As shared by Chymake Baron Chymaker:

The students Civil Engineering, Awo Hall of OAU have tortured and killed a civil engineering student named Okoli Ahize Chizoputam aged 28, for allegations of phone theft.

A practice by the University titled Maximum Scientific Shishi being a code name for torturing students that are alleged to have committed an offense. This practice is always moderated by the Hall Chairman

In the case of Mr Okoli, the Awo Hall Chairman Badiora Timilehin and his social director Omiskin Seye were the moderators.

Sadly this despicable practice led to the death of young man as he was taken to the Teaching Hospital already Dead (BID).

The Moderators have been arrested by DSS of Ife Central.

There is no way @OAUniversity should be left out of this barbaric practice in the campus

So sad

https://twitter.com/chymaker/status/1645892776608018432?s=20

OAU: 500-level Student Tortured To Death

A 500-level Civil Engineering student of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Okoli Ahize Chizoputam, has been killed over alleged phone theft on campus.

THE WHISTLER gathered that Chizoputam, 28, allegedly stole the phone at Awolowo Hall on Monday.

It was learnt that the final-year student was handed over to the leadership of the student union who further tortured him to death.

A source in the school said, “After Chizoputam was attacked by a mob, he was handed over to the student union leaders at Ken Saro-Wiwa hall. He was later tortured severely before he was rushed to the hospital where he gave up the ghost.”

The president of the OAU student union, Olayiwole Festus, confirmed the death of the final-year student.

He explained that “he was assaulted in a mob action at Awo Hall yesterday. The student was declared dead on arrival at the Emergency Medicine Department of OAU Teaching Hospital this afternoon.

“Preliminary investigations show that the deceased was accused of having stolen a phone. While we await an official report from the law enforcement agencies, I must state that this incident is a very sad one for Great Ife Students’ Union because our Union is not a Union of barbarians but that of intellectuals.

“Arrests and investigations of individuals suspected to be connected with the assault of the deceased are being made for consequent legal actions. Our Union does not support mob actions and justice must be served in this incident. Pending investigations of this unfortunate development, the activities of the Hall Executive Council of Awo Hall are suspended immediately.”

Similarly, the management of the institution through its spokesperson, Mr Abiodun Olarewaju, said an investigation is on and would make their position known after the investigation.

https://thewhistler.ng/oau-500-level-student-tortured-to-death-for-stealing-phone-on-campus/

Facebook User, Olumide GlowVille explains the meaning of "Maximum Shi Shi"

Everyone who graduated from OAU Ife must be familiar with the term Maximum Shi Shi (MSS).

It is a form of jungle justice meted out to people accused of theft, cultism, or any form of vice the student union frowns at.

The modus operandi is to parade such person around the hostels to receive beating from students.

Victims of such treatment are usually beaten to a pulp, left with a swollen face and multiple injuries.

I remember the case of a guy caught in Awolowo Hall for stealing 5 laptops. Dude had successfully carted away the 5 laptops, he went back to take the laptop chargers when he was caught.

He was given maximum shishi and that was the last I ever saw or heard of him.

I have always wondered if that guy and others like him were handed over to school authorities afterward or they just left the school out of shame.

This morning, I read on Twitter that students of Awo Hall of OAU have tortured (Maximum Shi Shi) and killed a civil engineering student named Okoli Ahize Chizoputam aged 28, for allegations of phone theft.

In the case of Mr Okoli, the Awo Hall Chairman Badiora Timilehin and his social director Omisakin Seye were the moderators.

Sadly this despicable practice led to the death of young man as he was taken to the Teaching Hospital already Dead (BID)

The moderator have been arrested by DSS of Ife Central

I really hope this serves a lasting lesson to the student community and this barbaric practice is banished forever!

Jungle justice is never the right justice.

#OG♠️

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02vEB3GmiqRjAHyiCFYq7bARFbXJxKDqMiK6VenGicBVZLhNK55Y2sgF5eFrh3ma5Tl&id=100005930495763&mibextid=Nif5oz

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Odin13: 9:43am On Apr 12, 2023

If I talk wetin dey my mind .. e go be like say e get why?

Na phone he steal .. Dey kill am

Tribalism wey Dey OAU …pass hitler hatred for Jews ..

But e Dey coded .. even among lecturers .. talk more now wey them dey at their peak like Mc Olumo ..

I know OAU.. na my alma mater.. .. we run things there and I know wetin I type .

That boy no for die .. if him name no be chizoputra..

I hates criminals .. and am not supporting his presume act..

But every student of OAU .. know this fact.

Even among the lecturers and prof.. and management

Rip son

197 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by inoki247: 9:43am On Apr 12, 2023
Eh eh....

I don't support jungle justice buh comot ur eyes from another man's property if u want to live long.....

Na Cross river I know say if u steal dere automatically you will be suyalized I no know say student too don dey practice Jungle justice...

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by wunmi590(m): 9:43am On Apr 12, 2023

This is very pathetic

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by DeTribalisedCit: 9:43am On Apr 12, 2023
Damn... All these based on an allegation.

Could his name and where he was at that time have something to do with what happened to him?

Point to ponder.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by omoadeleye(m): 9:43am On Apr 12, 2023
Uhmm
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Ireportlive: 9:43am On Apr 12, 2023
sad

Slowly the post election hate runs very deep and the targets are always the noisy ones who will enter traps

Sebi you have the guts to insult Professor Wole Soyinka using internet and freedom of speech as cover

You have that guts to go after Baba Adeboye, Adefarasin, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, and MKO

18 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by fredoooooo: 9:43am On Apr 12, 2023
Law where art thou face ...
Arrest all of them

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by fidelmarshal199: 9:44am On Apr 12, 2023
Ireportlive:
sad

Slowly the post election hate runs very deep and the targets are always the noisy ones who will enter traps

Sebi you have the guts to insult Professor Woke Soyinka using internet and freedom of speech as cover

You are a just pathetic young man. Are you trying to turn this to tribalism too?

This has been going on in OAU for years now irrespective of the tribe of the culprits, The moderators of this one's are just gonna be the scapegoat because moderacy is required in any action.

Stealing is bad but killing a suspect for it is worse.

122 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Utanisco(m): 9:44am On Apr 12, 2023
Hmmmmmm
Ipob are the problem of this country
They want to steal all tinubus cocaine money

Nigeria was never suppose to be a country
I'm not really from herei

I think from Afghanistan

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Brendaniel: 9:44am On Apr 12, 2023
Why do I feel this incident is linked to the current style of Tinubu's campaign and propaganda of hatred against Igbo people?

Tinubu has really done a lot of damage to the south west and Nigeria at large but some people can't still see it

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by marlow1962(m): 9:44am On Apr 12, 2023
Nawa
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by AsomStructures: 9:44am On Apr 12, 2023
Dammnn!!!.. This is really sad
See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature

3 Likes

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Kentuforchrist(m): 9:44am On Apr 12, 2023
Omor
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by EKONGKING: 9:44am On Apr 12, 2023
Later they will blame Buhari and other politicians for their problem .

When youth themselves are the problem.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Lovenorth: 9:45am On Apr 12, 2023
They should all be seriously prosecuted in accordance with the law of the state

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by wahalawahala: 9:45am On Apr 12, 2023
Den don buy market

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by SeeItSayIt: 9:45am On Apr 12, 2023
Is just the hate for his tribe taken too far

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by moje4: 9:45am On Apr 12, 2023
The heart of man is extremely wicked

3 Likes

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by nairaland2: 9:45am On Apr 12, 2023
Immediately I saw Maximum Shi Shi cheesy cheesy funny.

Jungle justice is bad, and absolutely not the way forward,

I remember the days of firing squad where criminals where tired of drum and shot dead in broad day light yet people were still been robbed in the same place and time the firing exercise was going on.

I don't support jungle justice because the higher class who are the actual thieves are immune to it, higher class like politicians who have robbed this young ones of their jobs unnecessary advantages.

If jungle justice could could be method out on the faulty higher class, then jungle Justice would have been the way to go.

Meanwhile, if you're still paying for predictions then you haven't got to IAJ ONLINE on telegram yet,

Search and join IAJ ONLINE, every tip is free.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by ettaetta(m): 9:45am On Apr 12, 2023
Oluwa bless me right on time,
this song will inspire you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2n2D9EKqME
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by ihustler(m): 9:45am On Apr 12, 2023
Okay

I just hope they do not give it some tribal coloring like some of our tribesmen are wont to...

Anything that goes against them is victimization and ethnic cleansing..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Basic123: 9:45am On Apr 12, 2023
Vhu
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by FILEBE(m): 9:45am On Apr 12, 2023
Jungle justice is never the way. We understand that it is painful and we always have the urge to express our anger and pain on thr culprit. But can we always confirm if the "culprit" is innocent or guilty? The Aluu 4 comes to mind and several others.
A person had a car mishap leading to a death of one, the people melted jungle justice on the offender .

All these are happening because the people don't have faith in the police to do the right and needful thing .

The government and the people need a total reform .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by willi926(m): 9:45am On Apr 12, 2023
Why torture him to death. He was alleged to have stolen, not that the phone was found on him. 500 level student, all effort wasted, time wasted, finance wasted. School premises wey suppose dey civil and cultured, carry out jungle justice.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by eluquenson(m): 9:46am On Apr 12, 2023
Nigerians don't value human life at all.

3 Likes

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by popp(m): 9:46am On Apr 12, 2023
What sort of jungle justice was that?

This was how they killed the other lady from East for "blasphemy" in the Northern University last period.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by iCauseTrouble: 9:46am On Apr 12, 2023
Maximum Shishi is not a new thing in OAU. I guess it just went out of hand this time around

15 Likes

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Realestatevixen: 9:46am On Apr 12, 2023
Mtchew... Somebody's son. Kai
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Deejaygold(m): 9:46am On Apr 12, 2023
Haaaaaaaaaa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike / Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) / Godswill Obioma Is NECO New Registrar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.