Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances (26989 Views)

CBN Dormant Account Policy Triggers Anxiety In Banking Sector / Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion / FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by ddeola: 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2023
Dis CBN is broke and full of dubious ideas. So what happens if the account owners show up tomorrow, what will the banks tell them? Taking over customers money from the banks is a CRIME and FRAUDULENT. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

#Emefielemustgo

1 Like

Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Bellotelli: 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2023
I actually have some change left in uba and Diamond and Access bank. I'll gladly dash una
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by InvertedHammer: 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2023
/

Good!

Before all these madness started, I stated here that it is idiotic to leave a lot of fund in the bank.
A large chunk of money sitting in your account is a waste. It may give a false sense of security but scenarios
like we are witnessing in Nigeria has never happened in the country before. As such some dufus with no
financial sense came out slinging. Do people understand how banking was started and the goals?
Governments across the world have managed to find ways to raid their citizens' accounts with no
repercussions.

People can only learn the hard way. It is best to learn from the mistakes, trials and tribulations of others.

/
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by owoshuyi(m): 3:48pm On Apr 13, 2023
Abeg make dem grab my dormant UBA account join πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by CodeTemplar: 3:48pm On Apr 13, 2023
Borrowing from the dead? The living are exhausted.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Tvoice: 3:49pm On Apr 13, 2023
Thieves, wat if d owners has been away abroad for a very long period of time, mad people everywhere

1 Like

Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by NIGERDELTAIDOL: 3:56pm On Apr 13, 2023
Is that not criminal, why not contact next of kin or family members cool

1 Like

Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Pharaoh4rin(m): 3:57pm On Apr 13, 2023
I like Emefiele for two things
1. He's a fearless bad guy.
2. He knows how to empower the security so that of you wanna mess with him, you've got to think twice.

Who else like emefiele?
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Iluvmycontr3: 3:58pm On Apr 13, 2023
MasterJayJay:
Thieves

If you are going to return it, you must add interest to it. If not, you are thieves.

Exactly, because both CBN and commercial banks never give out money without interests.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by alizma: 4:01pm On Apr 13, 2023
IyaTola:
You can't borrow someone's money without the persons permission , doing this is outright armed robbery...Dormant account is a faux there is nothing like that ..No account can be said to be abandoned when all accounts have Next of Kin ...why are banks not informing next of kins as the law suggest

Join my telegram channel IyaTolaKorner(ITK)
So banks should start looking for next of kins?

1 Like

Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Guide777(m): 4:01pm On Apr 13, 2023
Government magic
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Kubin: 4:10pm On Apr 13, 2023
So those domant account dono have next of kin,or relatives to trace.
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Elidrisy20: 4:11pm On Apr 13, 2023
Ole
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by rookidmart: 4:15pm On Apr 13, 2023
Ewizy:

Not at all they said it was a directive from the CBN.
If this is true then you can and should sue them.
You should have received a bank draft in your name for the amount.
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by rookidmart: 4:18pm On Apr 13, 2023
Bfly:
This is too millitary. Where does Emefiele get OT from?
Which book has he been reading lately?
MartinsD12:

Pure stealing, can someone tell me the difference between what Yahoo boys does and the stealing CBN is about to do.
It is not "stealing"
It's called escheatment and is completely normal.

It happens in other countries too.

Of course there's the Nigerian risk of inefficiencies in the process, but the concept itself is as old as the Roman Empire and happens in several developed countries.
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by naijastusa: 4:22pm On Apr 13, 2023
Another court action loading. This is unprecedented. lipsrsealed
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 13, 2023
I told my friends this will happen since 2016. APC is very skilled at emptying the pockets of citizens.
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by TheBTCinvestor: 4:31pm On Apr 13, 2023
valdes00:
This people and stylish robbery .
Make nobody touch the 250 wey dey my keystone cos it's been 2yrs I last used the acct but I dey check d balance
Else we go pack ourselves go court

May God deliver u from poverty. Amen
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by GreatrAnalyst: 4:39pm On Apr 13, 2023
olisefom:
Another one.

There's definitely something going on with this guys and the economy.

When government takes the place of thieves... Taking what is not legally theirs

All the defenders of these culprits and fraudsters in power won't surface to defend them on reading this.
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Godstiger(m): 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2023
What happened to tracing the designated owners, thieves.!
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by valdes00(m): 4:47pm On Apr 13, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:

May God deliver u from poverty. Amen
Hope you sha don eat today... No go be Elon must on NL make u dey suffer for real life
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by IMASTEX: 4:54pm On Apr 13, 2023
WhisperedNoise:
CBN and bankers are complicit in cyber theft and fraud. Utmost scrutiny should be applied to bank managers, bankers and CBN officials.

It's called TRANSPARENCY!

CBN should look into funds of deceased people. Many times, once bankers see that the owner of an account is dead, they find a way of silently moving the fund.
The apex & commercial bank officials are in one accord regards to bank fraud. Not only do they wipe deceased clients account balance, they equally use same account for illegal cash movements.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by fineboynl(m): 4:56pm On Apr 13, 2023
Some year ago I traveled out of the country I had some amount in my intercontinental bank. First bank and bank phb.

When I return my account with firstbank was dormant I was told to reactivate it. The one with intercontinental the bank doesn't exist again. I was told the bank is now access. I went to access they couldn't find my account now. Maybe account number was long and has aphabate in it. I was told new account number is not 10 digit that they no longer use that one again.

But at least find my account profile. They couldn't trace my profile after going there for several times. They told me to open a new account. What about the money I have in that account.

The worst part of it. I reactivate my first bank account what I saw in the account after reactivation was 0 zero. It was the money I paid for reactivation I saw in it.

I told them it is not possible for my account to read zero. I was in Lagos before I traveled I remembered there was money in that account. It was from that account I was withdrawawing to stay in hotel and did shopping of new clothes and bag. I had enough in that account.

And it's not possible for it to be zero and during that time banks don't diducts money from account instead they add little interest as long as you didn't withdraw. So how come it was zero balance?

1 Like

Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Menclothing: 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2023
escheatment Nigeria copy western world
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Godsonkemz(m): 5:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
Many of these dormant accounts were owned by deceased accident victims who never deemed it necessary to disclose their account information to any one. Bank on their own dey pray for such an opportunity to cash out from the dead.
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by barinedan(m): 5:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
Bunch of thieves

1 Like

Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Timekeeper452: 5:10pm On Apr 13, 2023
The concept of saving your own money in a bank isn’t bad, but that bank telling you how and what to do with your money is a fraud sold to people and they easily accept.
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:16pm On Apr 13, 2023
I strongly pray that this cbngovr and his accomplice get jailed in UK or USA for all the heinous criminality he was used to commit in last 12months IFSHA angry also all socalled leaders that misused our govt office for self aggrandizement should also get same punishment in UK and USA where the laws are working for everyone whether rich or poor.angry
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Natajo2021: 5:23pm On Apr 13, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/6818835/buhari-go-ahead-forfeiture-unclaimed
Now people can understand.
The idea was first conceptualized in 2021.
Now a reality
Say no to Buhari and Emefiele stealing of unclaimed dividends and dormant account balance.
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by imagrg(m): 5:24pm On Apr 13, 2023
419 in the name of dormant accounts.

I remember the film titled, "Ali Baba And The Forty Thieves ".
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by SalamRushdie: 5:44pm On Apr 13, 2023
So they want to loot these funds before they leave ?
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Holyfic: 5:48pm On Apr 13, 2023
Una de mad 😑

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Beliefs And Financial Decisions That Keep You Broke / Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts / Osemwegies And Okeys Own A Mobile Entertainment Business In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.