Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,237 members, 7,829,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances (26987 Views)

CBN Dormant Account Policy Triggers Anxiety In Banking Sector / Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion / FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 13, 2023
Pharaoh4rin:
I like Emefiele for two things
1. He's a fearless bad guy.
2. He knows how to empower the security so that of you wanna mess with him, you've got to think twice.

Who else like emefiele?
Security my foot shey he would be fighting ghosts now, since he has also taking his roforofo fight to people in the grave. My hands no dey if he starts having nightmares that ghosts are chasing him. You say no deposit, people wey dey deposit no dey safe ...
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by nathyx(m): 5:56pm On Apr 13, 2023
Hopefully CBN have not devised another method to continue the massive Looting right?? This Legislation ought to have an upper and lower Limit undecided undecided
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by rowland545(m): 6:25pm On Apr 13, 2023
post=122491903:

Money in the bank for 10 years and beyond.
No no deposits, no withdrawal.
The proverb "money you are not using again kinda thing!)
Make dem no touch innocent people money sha o,
Because banks should reach out to the next of kin before they take such action.
Every account supposed to have the info of the next of kin, they can start from there.

No, na for accounts over 10 years with no transaction.
Your "Hennessey 250" is safe for the next 8 years.
No worries 😄 😆

BTW,
This is what sane climes call enscheatment.
Look for more details on that,
On the last comment on this page by Yours Truly,
Dem MANNA 💋
I have one account on Polaris bank I don't use...I only svae money on it... although the account is domant bcus of name issues...but I recently transferred 100,000 inside it....will they still mop up the account...?
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by TheBTCinvestor: 6:26pm On Apr 13, 2023
valdes00:

Hope you sha don eat today... No go be Elon must on NL make u dey suffer for real life

Bro na prayer I pray for you...Just say Amen
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by ZeusP(m): 6:31pm On Apr 13, 2023
Just Passin By
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by sisisioge: 6:51pm On Apr 13, 2023
Well, it's better than letting the bank workers steal the money. My friend's husband that died without disclosing the banks he uses and account nos will be one of those surely. But it's not up to 10yrs sha.
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by shoboy9: 6:58pm On Apr 13, 2023
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Tradegood: 7:24pm On Apr 13, 2023
oshozondii:

https://saharareporters.com/2023/04/13/nigerian-central-bank-moves-grab-unclaimed-funds-banks-dormant-account-balances

Do not behave like thieves.

You have their next of kin details, contact them.

And even if you don't have it, it is still not an excuse,
Publish the account holders names and details in newspapers and ask their kith and kins to come forward with proof.

This can be done in batches.

Greed is evil before our GOD.

Commot eye for another person money!
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Christistruth03: 7:30pm On Apr 13, 2023
oshozondii:

https://saharareporters.com/2023/04/13/nigerian-central-bank-moves-grab-unclaimed-funds-banks-dormant-account-balances

The Worst Central Bank Governor in the History of Nigeria

It is not your Money

Let their State of Origin or identified Hometown Claim it Instead
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Christistruth03: 7:33pm On Apr 13, 2023
Tradegood:

Do not behave like thieves.

You have their next of kin details, contact them.

And even if you don't have it, it is still not an excuse,
Publish the account holders names and details in newspapers and ask their kith and kins to come forward with proof.

This can be done in batches.

Greed is evil before our GOD.

Commot eye for another person money!

At least every account has their hometown clearly Stated

Give it to their Hometown if you cannot find their relatives

1 Like

Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Tradegood: 7:36pm On Apr 13, 2023
Christistruth03:

At least every account has their hometown clearly Stated

Give it to their Hometown if you cannot find their relatives

Thank you, this so easy to do.
Our leaders must learn to always stop giving in to greed.

People worked so hard for their money.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by ud4u: 7:44pm On Apr 13, 2023
iamoyindamola:
What kind of legalized stealing is this

This kind thing tire me, armed robbers
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by valdes00(m): 7:47pm On Apr 13, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:

Bro na prayer I pray for you...Just say Amen
Na question I ask you .. jus answer
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by sanusikebbe(m): 7:51pm On Apr 13, 2023
These Nigerian banks are thieves. They are looking for a way to psiphone people's hard earned money for their own use. God dey
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Christistruth03: 8:26pm On Apr 13, 2023
sanusikebbe:
These Nigerian banks are thieves. They are looking for a way to psiphone people's hard earned money for their own use. God dey

Emiefiele is probably planning to hijack a huge Chunk of it before leaving office
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Lookingback: 8:44pm On Apr 13, 2023
WhisperedNoise:
CBN and bankers are complicit in cyber theft and fraud. Utmost scrutiny should be applied to bank managers, bankers and CBN officials.

It's called TRANSPARENCY!

CBN should look into funds of deceased people. Many times, once bankers see that the owner of an account is dead, they find a way of silently moving the fund.

you are very right , I have always wondered why banks never get back to the next of kin of such account holders.
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by bigiyaro(m): 9:09pm On Apr 13, 2023
Hmmmm, govt wants to start day light robbery now.....it is well..
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by JuanDeDios: 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2023
Ewizy:

Not at all they said it was a directive from the CBN.
The directive was to close your account, not to pocket your money. Banks closed such accounts and wrote cheques for the amounts in them for the customers.
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by godofuck231: 9:45pm On Apr 13, 2023
Ugly agbor people and greed , emefiele and greed
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Ewizy: 5:50am On Apr 14, 2023
JuanDeDios:

The directive was to close your account, not to pocket your money. Banks closed such accounts and wrote cheques for the amounts in them for the customers.

Just imagine me. Is there any chance for me to recover my money after 3yrs from the bank ?
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by ForgetfulJones: 6:31am On Apr 14, 2023
Ice4jez:
First bank and unity Bank una done enter
All the accounts will become active na
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by itsene: 7:38am On Apr 14, 2023
Borderline illegal.
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by IyaTola: 8:00am On Apr 14, 2023
alizma:

So banks should start looking for next of kins?
it's not difficult, I know what am talking about, before the BVN, who eats the money of the deceased in the bank?

1 Like

Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Goalnaldo(m): 8:02am On Apr 14, 2023
[quote author= post=122491903]

Money in the bank for 10 years and beyond.
No no deposits, no withdrawal.
The proverb "money you are not using again kinda thing!)
Make dem no touch innocent people money sha o,
Because banks should reach out to the next of kin before they take such action.
Every account supposed to have the info of the next of kin, they can start from there.

No, na for accounts over 10 years with no transaction.
Your "Hennessey 250" is safe for the next 8 years.
No worries
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Goalnaldo(m): 8:10am On Apr 14, 2023
I used to have 1k lying fallow in one union bank i opened in 2017, i have even forgotten the account number. They can take it in 2027. FG/CBN should not say i didnt do anything for them o.
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by laskab(f): 8:15am On Apr 14, 2023
Why not call the Next of kin to bring proof of relationship with the owners of dormant account. Bankers go cash out o.
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by Donedeal1(m): 9:14am On Apr 14, 2023
More ways the economy cashless can not work

Stealing people money via official fiat.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by sharone21(f): 9:18am On Apr 14, 2023
IMASTEX:

The apex & commercial bank officials are in one accord regards to bank fraud. Not only do they wipe deceased clients account balance, they equally use same account for illegal cash movements.

That is why one must not be too secretive...

Family doesn't need to inform bank of the demise of their loved one who is an account owner, just with his pins( secretly written and kept somewhere) move the amounts to other accounts/withdraw with ATM card.
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by ransomed: 9:42am On Apr 14, 2023
Touch my shishi, I will go to court .
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by richard69(m): 10:59am On Apr 14, 2023
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by MartinsD12(m): 11:36am On Apr 14, 2023
rookidmart:

It is not "stealing"
It's called escheatment and is completely normal.

It happens in other countries too.

Of course there's the Nigerian risk of inefficiencies in the process, but the concept itself is as old as the Roman Empire and happens in several developed countries.
Na stealing that's the way I see it
Re: CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances by JuanDeDios: 1:42pm On Apr 14, 2023
Ewizy:

Just imagine me. Is there any chance for me to recover my money after 3yrs from the bank ?
I suggest you write a letter to Union Bank and drop it off at that branch. If you don't hear from them, write to CBN and FCCPC.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Beliefs And Financial Decisions That Keep You Broke / Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts / Osemwegies And Okeys Own A Mobile Entertainment Business In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.