Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,137 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

The Position Of A Deaconess Doesnt Exist In The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Position Of A Deaconess Doesnt Exist In The Bible? (955 Views)

Time Is Human Creation, A Natural Illusion, Time Doesnt Exist In The Real Sense. / Is Tithing A Spiritual Ponzi Scheme And Proof God Doesnt Exist? / For Those That Says That God Doesnt Exist!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Position Of A Deaconess Doesnt Exist In The Bible? by oluwabamis(m): 4:20pm On Sep 21, 2011
I tried to find where God mentioned the position of a deaconess in the bible, but couldnt find any, who created that position, pls enlighten me

a thread that related to it is

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-239306.0.html
Re: The Position Of A Deaconess Doesnt Exist In The Bible? by HISchild: 11:31pm On Sep 21, 2011
Such a position does not exist.

"Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve." - 1 Timothy 2:11-13

The churches are under GOD's righteous judgment -

"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" - 1 Peter 4:17
Re: The Position Of A Deaconess Doesnt Exist In The Bible? by Joagbaje(m): 6:54am On Sep 22, 2011
It exist by principle , deaconess is a feminine part of deacon. All the people chosen for the office  were male. If a female had been among them ,she would have been called deaconess. It's simple grammar.  But later certain women function in such responsibilities such as phebe.
Re: The Position Of A Deaconess Doesnt Exist In The Bible? by alienvirus: 6:58am On Sep 22, 2011
^^satan is a sinner, if he had been part of angels, he would be called angel. That is ur judgment. Just a grammar
Re: The Position Of A Deaconess Doesnt Exist In The Bible? by Joagbaje(m): 7:03am On Sep 22, 2011
Check this scripture out.

Romans 16:1-2
1 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:

The word "servant " suggest she was a deaconess.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Lady Wendy C. Schroeder? / Salvation In Islam And Christianity / Bomb Explosion In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.