Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner (27925 Views)

Police Corporal Rapes Deputy Commissioner Of Police Daughter. / Abia Commissioner Allegedly Rapes 11 Year Old Housemaid To Death / 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by gohome: 1:25am On Sep 22, 2011
Gang violation video, a ruse – Abia govt

We don’t investigate violation cases based on what people put on twitter. When a crime is reported, the DPO must send detectives to investigate the scene of the crime. Up till now have you seen the victim? Have you seen the scene of crime? Have you seen the suspects? It is a very dangerous rumour that must be dismissed by all good meaning Abians and Nigerians” - Bala Hassan, Commissioner of police Abia State

You guys watch the video, do you think those guys did not act

Abia State Commissioner for Information, Chief Don Ubani, has said the state is not bothered about the speculation that a female student of the Abia State University, Uturu, was gang-violated by five suspected cult members also believed to be students of the institution.

The yet-to-be identified female was allegedly violated on August 16 and the dastardly act was posted on the Internet on August 17.

But describing the video as a “ruse,” the commissioner insisted that the story had no basis and had yet to be reported to the police in the state.

A News Agency of Nigeria correspondent who watched the video clip posted on the Internet, reports that it shows five young men having intercourse in a barbaric manner with a lady.

Voices from the video claimed that the incident took place at ABSU and that the victim and the perpetrators were students of the university.

However, Ubani told NAN in Umuahia that “the issue of gang violation in Abia State University is a mere ruse, such a thing did not happen.’’

Meanwhile, the university also on Wednesday disowned the supposed five-man gang who roundly subjected the girl to violation, saying that both the victim and suspects were not their students.

The university authorities made this known at a press conference in Umuahia, the state capital.

The Dean, Student Affairs, Dr. Udo Nwokocha, said the university had conducted thorough investigations and discovered that the purported incident neither took place in ABSU nor were the rapists or victim students of the school.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110922418385
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by BootyOnMe: 6:10am On Sep 22, 2011
However, Ubani told NAN in Umuahia that “the issue of gang violation in Abia State University is a mere ruse, such a thing did not happen.’’

Case CLOSED!
God Bless Nigeria.
I hope Nigerian women will be more vigilant after this?
MANY NIGERIAN WOMEN will opt to work hard instead of waiting for money from men in the future.
Every disappointment is a blessing in disguise.
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by doctokwus: 9:12am On Sep 22, 2011
Typical police and d sch authorities reaction:state of denial,insted of conducting a thorough investigation and bringing d culprits to book,dey dismiss it wt a wave of d hand,how can a society progress dis way?
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by Greenslim: 12:31pm On Sep 22, 2011
Denying the video is a strategy to shy away from the problem on ground
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by micy212: 12:35pm On Sep 22, 2011
Where is the video to all diz mesmerizing talk? I want to watch the video  angry
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by lawyer(m): 12:39pm On Sep 22, 2011
Ruse or No Ruse, those boys should be shot! I watched some clips of it and there is nothing to suggest that it was a ruse and even if it was stage managed, those 5 boys should be dealt with because thats unlawful carnal knowledge that our society frowns on. What is the legal or moral background for 5 guys sleeping with one girl violently? Did the commissioner not hear her begging that she will pay any ransome money so that they let her go? Daft set of people! I wish it was their female family members involved. Lets see whether they will take it lightly. angry
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 22, 2011
i am a studnt of Absu and am a law student,where can i get the video to watch or which site can i get it frm so as to invistigat and see if i can identify d boys and their names
i will report here and also post d pics of d boys here
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by pinkrex(m): 12:49pm On Sep 22, 2011
micy212:

Where is the video to all diz mesmerizing talk? I want to watch the video  angry

Omo that babe suffer o, she dey give them back and front grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by boyo125: 12:50pm On Sep 22, 2011
I dont know how these guys called commissioners are appointed in the first place.

The Video was a ruse and within 24 hours, it went round the whole school.

Common, Mr. commissioner, u can tell that to ur 5 year old kid. He might believe u.

The rapists are still out there, the victim is still traumatised and i can promise that this
would not end until these boys (animals) are brought to book.

Mr Commissioner, find something else to do if being a commssioner is such a hard job
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by uchetobi(f): 12:53pm On Sep 22, 2011
to the people making fun of the situation. May your daughters and your sisters be raped and may someone come up here and write she gave them front andf back with stupid teeth smiley

and let us see how you would like it

IDIOT
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by uchetobi(f): 12:56pm On Sep 22, 2011
pinkrex:

Omo that babe suffer o, she dey give them back and front grin grin grin grin grin

So that there is no confusion i am talking to you. ANIMAL
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by shadrach77: 1:01pm On Sep 22, 2011
having watched the video, it appears the girl was a call girl who was lured into a room by a guy and eventually got more than she bargained for. She seemed to be more interested in getting back to her shop. She did not appear to be in distress. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by willycrown: 1:06pm On Sep 22, 2011
I think the no 1 requirement for employment into the Nigeria Police force is ability to tell lies. And then the No 2 requirement will be a history of "dedicated imbecility"; These people are so daft!
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by pinkrex(m): 1:06pm On Sep 22, 2011
uchetobi:

So that there is no confusion i am talking to you. ANIMAL

Innocent comment for such a rude response undecided

My comment is just an euphemism, I dint mean to qualify the act in anyway, but it was just a message to those asking for the link to watch the video, I was just trying to tell them it wasn't a  good sight to behold as the lady was aimlessly violated from every angle.

please find a better way to show dissatisfaction with people's comments undecided undecided undecided undecided However it still my opinion, and I can be Educated and corrected in a proper manner. undecided undecided
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by born2boink(m): 1:08pm On Sep 22, 2011
I am sad,i do not see the video
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by paraphase(m): 1:09pm On Sep 22, 2011
i am a studnt of Absu and am a law student,where can i get the video to watch or which site can i get it frm so as to invistigat and see if i can identify d boys and their names
i will report here and also post d pics of d boys here

Brother You honestly dont need to see the video because the faces of these animals were not shown and more so I have not recoverd from the pain and agony of this video. I cant get the sadness off my mind since last week,Im mostly disturbed when I want to sleep. All you need is there names.If you  can get their full names and their pictures,I can assure you that there ra.pp.ist would be history and a big lesson to others. The names we got from the video are UCHENNA,WISDOM,IFEANYI etc one said hes a law student,the other said hes doing IT. If you have any idea about these names pls let us know

For those of you making fun of the situation. I pray that in the name of All Mighty God,your mothers,wives,daughters and sisters would be gang ra, pped and video tapped.

RESPECT THIS WOMAN AND OTHER WOMEN AND NOT POST ANY LINK OF THE VIDEO HERE
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by Seun34: 1:10pm On Sep 22, 2011
Where is the video?
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by ITbomb(m): 1:11pm On Sep 22, 2011
I'm not surprised cos Ohanaeze Ndigbo said rap  e is commonplace in south east universities
www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=764986.msg9190596#msg9190596
The girl sef, it's as if she is a runs girl. See the ease they got into her, is it over-wet or plain-wide-over-used-hole
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by pinkrex(m): 1:12pm On Sep 22, 2011
paraphase:

Brother You honestly dont need to see the video because the faces of these animals were not shown and more so I have not recoverd from the pain and agony from this video. I cant get the sadness off my mind since last week,Im mostly disturbed when I want to sleep. All you need is there names.If you  can get their full names and their pictures,I can assure you that they'll be history.

For those of you making fun of the situation. I pray that in the name of All Mighty God,your mothers,wives,daughters and sisters would be gang ra, pped and video tapped.

They is what we call comic relief, it is applicable in every situation, it just reduces the tension.

Only excess of it should be judge like you have just irrationally cursed. undecided undecided undecided lipsrsealed
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by paraphase(m): 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2011

They is what we call comic relief, it is applicable in every situation, it just reduces the tension.

Only excess of it should be judge like you have just irrationally cursed.

Whatever you call it. Come Back and tell us how you feel after your mother have been gang ra.pped
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by Sacarstic: 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2011
I am not surprised with the Commissioner statement, i know our politicians are rapists, rogues, assassins, area boys etc. I know that commissioner very well he was formerly the head of motor park boys in Abia State, so what do you expect from him Shhhmmmm
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by pinkrex(m): 1:15pm On Sep 22, 2011
paraphase:

Whatever you call it. Come Back and tell us how you feel after your mother have been gang ra.pped

What are you saying undecided undecided
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by delpee(f): 1:15pm On Sep 22, 2011
@micy212

Visit Linda Ikeji blog. Diddnt have the heart to watch it though. The comments are upsetting enough to give me nightmares!
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by pinkrex(m): 1:18pm On Sep 22, 2011
Sacarstic:

I am not surprised with the Commissioner statement, i know our politicians are rapists, rogues, assassins, area boys etc. I know that commissioner very well he was formerly the head of motor park boys in Abia State, so what do you expect from him Shhhmmmm

Have you watched the video? perhaps it might be true, if you watch closely the lady didn't really act like someone been ra.ped even if she was and secondly it seems she got more the bargained for. And I don't think ABSU's name was mentioned in the video, until proven authentic, do not judge! undecided
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by paraphase(m): 1:20pm On Sep 22, 2011
Have you watched the video? perhaps it might be true, if you watch closely the lady didn't really act like someone been ra.ped even if she was and secondly it seems she got more the bargained for. And I don't think ABSU's name was mentioned in the video, until proven authentic, do not judge!
If you dont desist from saying she want ra.pped,I would continue to curse your mother
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by pinkrex(m): 1:26pm On Sep 22, 2011
paraphase:

If you dont desist from saying she want ra.pped,I would continue to curse your mother

You better don't go that way with me. Im sure you are less of an intellect to be cursing at people. You don't deserve my further response.
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by CynthiaIfy(f): 1:28pm On Sep 22, 2011
Just imagine! What if the girl is his daughter or a relative, am sure he will consult babalawo to reveal the identity of d rapists. That is life and our country 4u. The poor suffers. God help us.Just imagine! What if the girl is his daughter or a relative, am sure he will consult babalawo to reveal the identity of d rapists. That is life and our country 4u. The poor suffers. God help us.
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by paraphase(m): 1:30pm On Sep 22, 2011
@pinkrex or whatdaphock is ur name,
It obviously shows that you are the one without brain .How could a normal human being say the victim wasnt ra.pped after c;learly watching the video. Feel free to share the agony of your mother with us after she has been gang ra.pped. Dont even bother to reply,im done with you
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by goggs(m): 1:41pm On Sep 22, 2011
I was really upset that the commissioner should say this. What would he do if it were his daughter.

I thought that the commissioner would empanel team of detectives to look at the facts of the case to determine what actually happened. If the girl and boys are traced and its established that the film was a prank, then it should be established without an iota of doubt. If it is true then the full weight of the law should be brought to bear on the unruly boys. That will send a strong message to all rapist and would be rapist.

If the Commissioner demises this with a wave of a hand show how reactionary the Nigerian Police are towards crime - someone must report it before action (if any) is taken. In other climes, any shred of evidence suggesting a crime will be vigorously pursued and investigated. That is how "John Doe's" and "Jane Does" are found and investigated till the bodies are identified and killers brought to justice. in Nigeria it appears the police will require someone to report it first!

I consider myself an optimist, but sometimes this country exasperates me to a point of just giving up on her!  cry
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by shadrach77: 1:41pm On Sep 22, 2011
Re: The ABSU Video Is A Hoax - Abia Commissioner by delpee(f): 1:51pm On Sep 22, 2011
We are attracting world attention because the authorities are trying to downplay this incident. The civilised world does not tolerate despoil even when the victim is a prostitute.The point is a poor girl was violated and deserves to be helped. Anybody who is rationalising and judging on the assumption that the girl is indecent should remember that violators know no class and we all have sisters, mothers and daughters that we cherish. Cant some foolish men understand that they can get willing collaborators for their weird intimate choices instead of this crude way of satisfying their urge?

I am yet to watch the video but extremely sad just by reading what she went through. Even animals have their codes of conduct.

God in His infinite mercy will punish the culprits mercilessly unless they repent. May God comfort and uplift the poor lady who is probably remaining silent for fear of losing her life or stigmatization from the public. I just hope she can summon up the courage / have the means for medical and psycological treatment. Its enough to drive a fragile woman crazy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Medical Student Stabbed To Death By Ukrainian Lady (Photos) / Bandits' Letter To Zamfara Christians: Close Churches Or Risk Attacks / 17-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.