Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Must It Be In A Mortuary? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Must It Be In A Mortuary? (28180 Views)

Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences / Mortuary Attendants, Other Workers Played Dead Man Prank On New Worker (video) / I Ran Into Trouble After Quitting Mortuary Job In The US – Oyekoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Duke007(m): 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2023
My junior brother studied anatomy. He did his master's in anatomy with speciality in radiology. He worked as a radiographer in private hospitals/ labs with good pay. He later got a lecturing job and did his PhD in anatomy. He is now a professor of anatomy in a Federal university.

So yes, the prospect is good. Do you even know that you can make more money caring for the dead. You can work as a lecturer in any private university with a master's degree, then PhD later [dept of anatomy/ medical sciences], sales man, biology teacher, etc. The prospect is good. You must have passion for the job.

2 Likes

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by brightleave(m): 4:17pm On Apr 17, 2023
12345baba:
U no know u come go read am
E shock me too o
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by qtx(m): 4:17pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oluwashina72:
He studied anatomy did his I.T in a mortuary, but he wants to know if it is necessary he works there after school?
What other places can he work? Please help a brother thank you.
MOTUA whattttt? shocked cry
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Nairalander248: 4:22pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oluwashina72:
He studied anatomy did his I.T in a mortuary, but he wants to know if it is necessary he works there after school?

Cemetery
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by EJIOGBENIMI(m): 4:24pm On Apr 17, 2023
-In the classroom, teaching anatomy and other basic medical courses.
-Histopathology laboratory.
-prosthetics manufacturing company maybe
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by ericfabulous(m): 4:25pm On Apr 17, 2023
Any where in Nigeria that's if you have got the connect
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Iluvmycontr3: 4:26pm On Apr 17, 2023
BigDawsNet:
Research facilities across the country
Teaching hospitals
General hospitals

My thought..
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Theyemmie: 4:26pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oluwashina72:
Medical Representative
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by MatrixCircle: 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2023
Cemetery.
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by tctrills: 4:30pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oluwashina72:
After 4 to 5 years in university you still don't know your working options. Did you think going to school was all about fun and parties. It was about deciding your future.
If at this stage, you don't know your working options then it's not good at all.
Just so you know, it's not late to go back to school to study a course that gives you more options.

2 Likes

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Mendular440(m): 4:30pm On Apr 17, 2023
ShitHead:
They can work in the Cemetry too.
You be shithead truly.😁😁

1 Like

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by caandi: 4:30pm On Apr 17, 2023
CodeTemplar:
You can work in a slaughter house I guess. Analyzing anatomy of stocks. Roundabout, shaki, bokoto, ogufe...
lwkmd!!!!
You’re wickedttttttt
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Amedian: 4:33pm On Apr 17, 2023
Don't be discouraged my brother. I was once in that shoe and later got job as Scientific officer II in a Federal Medical Centre with same B.Sc after even getting my M.Sc. Just remain optimistic and prayerful. Hospitals can employ you as a Scientific officer II just that you either struggle for it or remain connected with high profile helper.
You can also proceed with masters and then get Lecturing job. Wishing you best of luck.
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by dapadawee: 4:33pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oluwashina72:
Abbatoir
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Bakrabas: 4:33pm On Apr 17, 2023
Go and work as a phy/chem teacher
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Psoul(m): 4:34pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oluwashina72:

Sports Councils or sports clubs.
Anatomy is highly needed by shorts men and women. They can't even do without them.
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Silentgroper(m): 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2023
Most of them or all becomes a sonographer or radiographers...
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Lexusgs430: 4:37pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oluwashina72:

Did he not conduct a research, before undertaking that course, in a country with less opportunities.......

Hin don sign permanent agreement, with corpses......😭🤣

1 Like

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by InvertedHammer: 4:37pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oluwashina72:

/
People will go to school to study whatever courses they are offered without doing proper research.
Anatomy is a stepping stone for those who want to pursue medical careers or teaching jobs in Biology.
Otherwise, he should look for alternative fields and upgrade his skills away from Anatomy.

There are some courses you see in a Nigerian University website and wonder what kind of slowpoke will apply for such eg. English Literature, Liberal Arts and General Studies, Anthropology, Archeology, Civilization Studies, History, etc.

/

1 Like

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by jaygee1: 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2023
yomi007k:
The best place for a human anatomist to work in nigeria is the mortpe098uary. That's where we gained practical knowledge of anatomy as medical students working on cardava.

Let him start from there and when other opportun9ities open up then he can change.
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by peacenaija(m): 4:46pm On Apr 17, 2023
Many places bro. From bank's to consulting firms(big 4), investment banks . With your 2.1 you'll get a space for interview in those places
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by mrcrabs(m): 4:46pm On Apr 17, 2023
CodeTemplar:
You can work in a slaughter house I guess. Analyzing anatomy of stocks. Roundabout, shaki, bokoto, ogufe...

Omo you are a cow I swear grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by sukkot: 4:48pm On Apr 17, 2023
Darnell9:
He can work in a lab studying rats.
grin
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by StraightGaay: 4:49pm On Apr 17, 2023
Still mortuary
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Hassanmaye(m): 4:52pm On Apr 17, 2023
DevilSignature:
grin

Even the mortuary job u no go even see for this 9ja wey we dey except u are connected
Hahahhahahaha this is fact
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by dominique(f): 4:55pm On Apr 17, 2023
You can become a medical pathologist and carry out autopsies

2 Likes

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Hallabee1(m): 4:56pm On Apr 17, 2023
Darnell9:
He can work in a lab studying rats.

Aje...

You are a wicked sombori 😎
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Simeonjoe1: 4:59pm On Apr 17, 2023
chynergy1:
mortuary is one of the biggest and booming industry in Nigeria.
not capital intensive as much. good luck

True Talk But Many people don't know this.

Just Collect Certification Then boom...
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by CodeTemplar: 5:05pm On Apr 17, 2023
mrcrabs:

Omo you are a cow I swear grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
lol... I was wring but that's how Nigerians think. They tell computer science grad to build computer.

1 Like

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Benrosaria(m): 5:12pm On Apr 17, 2023
inside mortuary, they pay higher 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by AnI77: 5:13pm On Apr 17, 2023
He can work in any "cold room" where different types of meat and fish are preserved. In fact, he can use that as the basis to start his own business by producing and selling "processed" meat. See the following Youtube video for details on how it is done at home:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVLglQ2HPSQ. He can then scale up the production when he has enough money to use as capital for mass production. Stop looking for jobs because there are none available. Create the jobs yourself, mbok!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should I Tell My Boss About It / 16 Things You Can Relate To If You Ever Worked In A Bank -Zikoko! / My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.