Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. (2281 Views)

Best Eleven Players Mikel Has Played With Over The Course Of His Career? / AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] / Jefferson Louis, The Only Footballer Who Has Played For 36 Clubs In His Career (2) (3) (4)

Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by Jokerman(m): 1:26pm On Apr 17, 2023
GK - Iker Casillas

RB- SerGio Ramos

CB- Rio Ferdinand

CB- Georgio Chellini

LB- Marcelo

CM- Toni Kroos

CM- Luka Modric

CM- Paul Scholes

LWF- Gareth Bale

CF- Karim Benzema

RWF- Wayne Rooney

https://twitter.com/MadridUniversal/status/1647766510516023302

Obembet

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by sleek214(m): 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2023
Ikeja ko Obalende ni
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by PJtech: 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2023
sleek214:
Ikeja ko Obalende ni
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by Bencobenard: 2:48pm On Apr 17, 2023
...I have no problem with that ♥️♥️
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by OJEEMAH(m): 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2023
All world class💯 but I thought you guys said, he played with deadwods all his career. The truth is gradually coming out😂😂

All these guys were instrumental to his success.

Wayne Rooney✅✅
Scholes✅✅
Ferdinand✅✅
Chiellini✅✅
Karin Benzema✅✅✅
Garett Bale✅✅✅
Toni Kroos✅✅✅✅
Luka Modric✅✅✅✅
Sergio Ramos✅✅✅✅
Marcelo✅✅✅✅
Casillas ahead of Vandasar❌❌

His friend Evra would be crying right now😂😂😂

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by ThierryJay: 4:04pm On Apr 17, 2023
OJEEMAH:
All world class💯 but I thought you guys said, he played with deadwods all his career. The truth is gradually coming out😂😂

Wayne Rooney✅✅
Scholes✅✅
Ferdinand✅✅
Chiellini✅✅
Karin Benzema✅✅✅
Garett Bale✅✅✅
Toni Kroos✅✅✅✅
Luka Modric✅✅✅✅
Sergio Ramos✅✅✅✅
Marcelo✅✅✅✅

Lmao@ the emboldened. That your question is a massive uppercut to Pendulums.

Wetin be Evra? Imagine playing with a best eleven so good that it could not even accommodate almighty Ozil and Di Maria wey dey supply sweetest assists on a plate for Alhaji.

Awon Pendu has been playing with deadwoods all his career in the mud grin

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by Jokerman(m): 4:05pm On Apr 17, 2023
OJEEMAH:

Wayne Rooney✅✅
Scholes✅✅
Ferdinand✅✅
Chiellini✅✅
Karin Benzema✅✅✅
Garett Bale✅✅✅
Toni Kroos✅✅✅✅
Luka Modric✅✅✅✅
Sergio Ramos✅✅✅✅
Marcelo✅✅✅✅

Marcelo was more instrumental than Evra na... He didn't pick Oezil, Pepe too....

Pessi still played with better

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by Jokerman(m): 4:06pm On Apr 17, 2023
ThierryJay:

Wetin be Evra? Imagine playing with a best eleven so good that it could not even accommodate almighty Ozil and Di Maria wey dey supply sweetest assists on a plate for Alhaji.

Pessi played with better...
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by Jokerman(m): 4:09pm On Apr 17, 2023
See Pessi picks... grin

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by Nairalander248: 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2023
Jokerman:
GK - Ikeja Casillas

RB- SerGio Ramos

CB- Rio Ferdinand

CB- Georgio Chellini

LB- Marcelo

CM- Toni Kroos

CM- Luka Modric

CM- Paul Scholes

LWF- Gareth Bale

CF- Karim Benzema

RWF- Wayne Rooney

https://twitter.com/MadridUniversal/status/1647766510516023302

Obembet

No be small Ikeja Casillas grin 😁🤣😂

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by Jokerman(m): 5:12pm On Apr 17, 2023
Nairalander248:

No be small Ikeja Casillas grin 😁🤣😂

Lol... mistake... thanks bro

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by OJEEMAH(m): 5:12pm On Apr 17, 2023
ThierryJay:

Shey you can see how they’ve been contradicting themselves all these years?

A world class left back didn’t make the list yet we were made to believe those he played with were average.

Bro, where have you been? Thought of calling you few days ago but I con forget.

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by OJEEMAH(m): 5:17pm On Apr 17, 2023
Jokerman:

Marcelo was more instrumental than Evra na... He didn't pick Oezil, Pepe too....

Pessi still played with better
You just shoot yourself again.

If World class players like Ozil, Evra, Di Maria and even Vandasar didn’t make the list cos others were more instrumental.

Why una dey lie say na him dey carry everybody?

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by OJEEMAH(m): 5:19pm On Apr 17, 2023
Jokerman:

Messi played 3-4years with Dinho & Eto. He spent major part of his career with Xavi, Iniesta, Busquet & Alves Who else?

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by OJEEMAH(m): 5:41pm On Apr 17, 2023
Jokerman:
See Pessi picks... grin
interms of what they achieved together, Benzema was more instrumental to Ronaldo than Suarez was to Messi.

Bale was more instrumental to Ronaldo than Neymar to Messi

Marcelo was more instrumental than Alba to Messi

Ramos was also more instrumental than Alves to Messi.

As for Ronaldinho and Eto, they had little contributions to Messi’s success. Dinho and Eto left before Messi’s peak.

Xavi, Iniesta, Busquet, Alba and Alves contributed immensely to Messi.

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by Sizwezi: 6:04pm On Apr 17, 2023
OJEEMAH:
interms of what they achieved together, Benzema was more instrumental to Ronaldo than Suarez was to Messi.

Bale was more instrumental to Ronaldo than Neymar to Messi

Marcelo was more instrumental than Alba to Messi

Ramos was also more instrumental than Alves to Messi.

As for Ronaldinho and Eto, they had little contributions to Messi’s success. Dinho and Eto left before Messi’s peak.

Xavi, Iniesta, Busquet, Alba and Alves contributed immensely to Messi.

Lol. How were they more instrumental?

Bake over Neymar ? Because of the copa del Rey final goal or UCL goals against Liverpool ?

If we go by positions and being instrumental, it would be Ramos edging out Pique and Puyol, not just by the art of defending, but goals and leadership qualities. You probably looking at it from the UCL angle only , what about the la liga angle ? All I know is , if it weren’t for the other 10 players on the pitch giving their all, Both Ronaldo and Messi wouldn’t have gotten this far.

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by OJEEMAH(m): 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2023
Sizwezi:

Lol. How were they more instrumental?

Bake over Neymar ? Because of the copa del Rey final goal or UCL goals against Liverpool ?

If we go by positions and being instrumental, it would be Ramos edging out Pique and Puyol, not just by the art of defending, but goals and leadership qualities. You probably looking at it from the UCL angle only , what about the la liga angle ? All I know is , if it weren’t for the other 10 players on the pitch giving their all, Both Ronaldo and Messi wouldn’t have gotten this far.
Yes I was looking at it from UCL angle cos that’s exactly what Ronaldo fans have been using measure Ronaldo and Messi’s success all these years.

On a good day, I wouldn’t place Puyol and Pique ahead of Ramos

The bolden has been my position but Ronaldo fans want us to believe he played with average players and achieved so much while attributing Messi success to Xavi and Iniesta.

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by Sizwezi: 6:51pm On Apr 17, 2023
OJEEMAH:
Yes I was looking at it from UCL angle cos that’s exactly what Ronaldo fans have been using measure Ronaldo and Messi’s success all these years.

On a good day, I wouldn’t place Puyol and Pique ahead of Ramos

The bolden has been my position but Ronaldo fans want us to believe he played with average players and achieved so much while attributing Messi success to Xavi and Iniesta.

You shouldn’t look at it from just one angle. Secondly it has never been just the UCL only . The first and major was because CR7 been able to do it in two different leagues, then UCL, international, then others. Lastly, you can’t take the opinion of every Tom, Dick and Harry when discussing football. I see that particular argument about carrying the team, based on the mental strength of both players when on the losing side and not “kicking the ball”.

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by ThierryJay: 7:26pm On Apr 17, 2023
Jokerman:

We never said Messi played with deadwoods prior to 2018.

But you people..... now changing goalpost grin

At least you can now see that without those so-called deadwoods, CR wouldnt have a single UCL trophy..

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by ThierryJay: 7:41pm On Apr 17, 2023
OJEEMAH:
Shey you can see how they’ve been contradicting themselves all these years?

A world class left back didn’t make the list yet we were made to believe those he played with were average.

Bro, where have you been? Thought of calling you few days ago but I con forget.

The way Pendu fans can agend agenda ehn. Most of those things they say were cooked up during their coven meetings to spite the GOAT and they all just come out and start to recite them like zombies.

They came up with the Ronaldo and 10 deadwoods theory when in reality na deadwood dey carry Baba go where he wan go.

Omo, lately I've been bogged down with work palaver ni joor. No issues. How ur side?

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by TBIZZY(m): 8:15pm On Apr 17, 2023
Omo see deadwoods wey Ronaldo carry.

Even one log wood of like that ….watin be im name oooo

Yeah!!! Ozil.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by OJEEMAH(m): 9:02pm On Apr 17, 2023
ThierryJay:

The way Pendu fans can agend agenda ehn. Most of those things they say were cooked up during their coven meetings to spite the GOAT and they all just come out and start to recite them like zombies.

They came up with the Ronaldo and 10 deadwoods theory when in reality na deadwood dey carry Baba go where he wan go.

Omo, lately I've been bogged down with work palaver ni joor. No issues. How ur side?
You nailed it💯✅

Pendu fanboys no fit kill us for this NL😂😂😂😂

Work choke me too but I dey alright bro. Send my regards to everyone at home.

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by OJEEMAH(m): 9:30pm On Apr 17, 2023
Sizwezi:

You shouldn’t look at it from just one angle. Secondly it has never been just the UCL only . The first and major was because CR7 been able to do it in two different leagues, then UCL, international, then others. Lastly, you can’t take the opinion of every Tom, Dick and Harry when discussing football. I see that particular argument about carrying the team, based on the mental strength of both players when on the losing side and not “kicking the ball”.

well I agree it has never been about UCL only. I limited my points to UCL cos of the OP. We’ve been on this with him and others for years.

Doing it in different leagues has never been a yardstick then the again, the emphasis on UCL is baseless to me. He won 5UCL titles. Messi won 4. He was UCL top scorer 7x. Messi was UCL top scorer 6x. He is the top scorer in UCL history. Messi was at some point before he overtook Messi.

While I applaud him for winning Euros with Portugal and becoming international top scorer, I still
Consider Messi a better international player based on the following.

U20 World Cup plus Best Player and Top scorer
Olympics Gold Medal plus Best player and Top scorer
Copa America plus Best Player, Top scorer and assist
World Cup plus Best player.

About mental strength, Ronaldo is loud and likes attention. Therefore, it’s easy for people to notice him. Messi is quiet and would rather not be in the spotlight But he is obviously a silent leader and a bad loser. He demonstrated his leadership style that in the World Cup.

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by Sizwezi: 10:50pm On Apr 17, 2023
OJEEMAH:
well I agree it has never been about UCL only. I limited my points to UCL cos of the OP. We’ve been on this with him and others for years.

Doing it in different leagues has never been a yardstick then the again, the emphasis on UCL is baseless to me. He won 5UCL titles. Messi won 4. He was UCL top scorer 7x. Messi was UCL top scorer 6x. He is the top scorer in UCL history. Messi was at some point before he overtook Messi.

While I applaud him for winning Euros with Portugal and becoming international top scorer, I still
Consider Messi a better international player based on the following.

U20 World Cup plus Best Player and Top scorer
Olympics Gold Medal plus Best player and Top scorer
Copa America plus Best Player, Top scorer and assist
World Cup plus Best player.

About mental strength, Ronaldo is loud and likes attention. Therefore, it’s easy for people to notice him. Messi is quiet and would rather not be in the spotlight But he is obviously a silent leader and a bad loser. He demonstrated his leadership style that in the World Cup.

Ronaldo might like the cameras, while Messi might not we all don’t have to be the same but I can beat my chest he's a better leader and also mentally stronger than Messi which has been evident from day 1. Since the Liverpool comeback , and world cup defeat to France in 2018, I can say Messi improved on those two areas which has been visible mostly with the national team. Messi is only ahead now , because he has won the world cup, if he didn't, trust me the arguement would still be as intense as it was until last December. You'd probably still see how irrelevant the u20 or Olympics competition is if he didn't win the world cup, cos it's never been seen as bragging rights except maybe by you and your likes. Doing it in different league has always been a yardstick you refused to use not the footballing world. As far as UCL is concerned, Ronaldo is seen as the King not just from the rival fans but also the host. He holds majority of the records ! Lastly, it's okay to love one more than the other, or see one as the better player, but undermining ones achievement all because you feel the other is better, is a no no. (By the way , I have not said you totally or always deny his greatness), it's basically for those who just hate the man called Cristiano Ronaldo for nothing.

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by lolu2019: 6:06am On Apr 18, 2023
Vidic was far better than chiellini and Ferdinand.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by Beverlyjean(f): 7:25am On Apr 18, 2023
OJEEMAH:

Wayne Rooney✅✅
Scholes✅✅
Ferdinand✅✅
Chiellini✅✅
Karin Benzema✅✅✅
Garett Bale✅✅✅
Toni Kroos✅✅✅✅
Luka Modric✅✅✅✅
Sergio Ramos✅✅✅✅
Marcelo✅✅✅✅

Always the same with Messi fans...u just find it difficult to comprehend common English... they said he can play with , not that he played with ...
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by Beverlyjean(f): 7:26am On Apr 18, 2023
Jokerman:

His new name is now penalssi
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by Beverlyjean(f): 7:44am On Apr 18, 2023
Sizwezi:

Ronaldo might like the cameras, while Messi might not we all don’t have to be the same but I can beat my chest he's a better leader and also mentally stronger than Messi which has been evident from day 1. Since the Liverpool comeback , and world cup defeat to France in 2018, I can say Messi improved on those two areas which has been visible mostly with the national team. Messi is only ahead now , because he has won the world cup, if he didn't, trust me the arguement would still be as intense as it was until last December. You'd probably still see how irrelevant the u20 or Olympics competition is if he didn't win the world cup, cos it's never been seen as bragging rights except maybe by you and your likes. Doing it in different league has always been a yardstick you refused to use not the footballing world. As far as UCL is concerned, Ronaldo is seen as the King not just from the rival fans but also the host. He holds majority of the records ! Lastly, it's okay to love one more than the other, or see one as the better player, but undermining ones achievement all because you feel the other is better, is a no no. (By the way , I have not said you totally or always deny his greatness), it's basically for those who just hate the man called Cristiano Ronaldo for nothing.

The argument on both can't be dead because winning the world cup can never be the reason y the argument dies ... international football is not like club football... u can't use international football to judge a player ... Messi plays for Argentina while Ronaldo plays for Portugal.. if Argentina is AC Milan or Liverpool in football ...portugal is like spurs or valencia in football... of Messi were Colombian or Uruguayan...he wudnt have won the WC , infact he wudnt have even played a WC final , talkless of winning it... and if Ronaldo was Spaniard or German, he wud have won the WC ... kane has never won any trophy, but Giroud have ...wud u now say Giroud is a better player than kane ?? If kane played for the teams Giroud played for, he wud hv won trophies as well ... WC can never b a yard stick for measurement.... Halaand plays for Norway and he will most likely never play in the world cup knock out phase, that's if his country even manages to qualify ... it's not his fault that he is Norwegian and his country is very weak in football internationally ... lewandowski only scored one WC goal in his career ,just because he's polish ... imagine if he were German ... Pele and Maradona were both compared because they both played for top national teams , so that was a fair comparison... comparing Argentina with portugal is not acceptable, especially if u check their football history...prior to Ronaldo, portugal had only featured in 3 WC ... infact when Nigeria were playing their 3rd WC , portugal were also playing their 3rd WC , while Argentina had only failed to qualify once in WC history , with 2 WC in their name ... klose is WC top scorer because he played for Germany, but was he even as good as Shevchenko??
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by OJEEMAH(m): 8:35am On Apr 18, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Always the same with Messi fans...u just find it difficult to comprehend common English... they said he can play with , not that he played with ...
Before you type sometimes, can you please take time to read and comprehend?

What part in my comment is so difficult for your to grasp?

Is it the Casillas vs Vandasar

Or

Me joking about Evra crying?

Go back and read the headline again…. They said those he played with and not those he can play with.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by Beverlyjean(f): 8:50am On Apr 18, 2023
OJEEMAH:
Before you type sometimes, can you please take time to read and comprehend?

What part in my comment is so difficult for your to grasp?

Is it the Casillas vs Vandasar

Or

Me joking about Evra crying?

Go back and read the headline again…. They said those he played with and not those he can play with.

U said Ronaldo fans said he played with deadwood...its absolutely false...they said he can play with deadwood and not that he played with deadwood... the real argument was that messi played with better players , compared to Ronaldo....
Ronaldo never played alongside a player that was nominated in balon dor top 3 in his entire career apart from Luis Figo
Messi had Ronaldinho, Henry , xavi , neymar , iniesta , eto and mbappe ...
Messi clearly played alongside better players
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by OJEEMAH(m): 9:39am On Apr 18, 2023
Sizwezi:

You don’t get the point bro. I am not saying U20 & Olympics are relevant. I am simply pointing how well he has done for Argentina from junior to senior level.

If doing it in different leagues was a yardstick, there would have been no debate between Pele and Maradona. This narrative does not really hold water to many football fans, players, coaches and media. It was coined by Ronaldo fans to score some points.

Both players had their eras in the competition. Between 2009-2015, Messi was ahead. Ronaldo took charge when Madrid won treble. I am not in anyway disputing Ronaldo’s exploit in UCL. I am just saying both players have almost equal achievements in the competition.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Picks The Best XI Players He Has Played With. by Sizwezi: 10:35am On Apr 18, 2023
Beverlyjean:

The argument on both can't be dead because winning the world cup can never be the reason y the argument dies ... international football is not like club football... u can't use international football to judge a player ... Messi plays for Argentina while Ronaldo plays for Portugal.. if Argentina is AC Milan or Liverpool in football ...portugal is like spurs or valencia in football... of Messi were Colombian or Uruguayan...he wudnt have won the WC , infact he wudnt have even played a WC final , talkless of winning it... and if Ronaldo was Spaniard or German, he wud have won the WC ... kane has never won any trophy, but Giroud have ...wud u now say Giroud is a better player than kane ?? If kane played for the teams Giroud played for, he wud hv won trophies as well ... WC can never b a yard stick for measurement.... Halaand plays for Norway and he will most likely never play in the world cup knock out phase, that's if his country even manages to qualify ... it's not his fault that he is Norwegian and his country is very weak in football internationally ... lewandowski only scored one WC goal in his career ,just because he's polish ... imagine if he were German ... Pele and Maradona were both compared because they both played for top national teams , so that was a fair comparison... comparing Argentina with portugal is not acceptable, especially if u check their football history...prior to Ronaldo, portugal had only featured in 3 WC ... infact when Nigeria were playing their 3rd WC , portugal were also playing their 3rd WC , while Argentina had only failed to qualify once in WC history , with 2 WC in their name ... klose is WC top scorer because he played for Germany, but was he even as good as Shevchenko??

My friend, I never said it was dead, I said it’s not as intense as it used to be, which is a fact. They both have played beautiful football, created, matched and surpassed records, which both fans can brag about any day, any time. Prior to December 2022, the argument was still as hot as fire until Messi lifted the World Cup. The truth is, for what they have both achieved in football, lifting the World Cup was the icing on the cake they both desired. The World Cup is the peak of football. Between both, you can talk Balon d’or , Golden boots, UCL, league trophies, etc. but for one we can’t talk about the World Cup. Hence, the edge Messi has over Ronaldo. Till Ronaldo wins the World Cup, Messi would always have the edge !!

Take My Free Uk Pool Week 18 3/3 Sure Nap / Okocha Shares Throwback Photo With Ronaldinho And Pochettino / Egbe Wants Better Media Coverage For Nigerian League

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63