Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Walking In Obedience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Walking In Obedience (200 Views)

Introducing Muhammad Allah's Partner In Obedience / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens : Obedience Must Be Total / Abiding In Obedience, In Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Walking In Obedience by pressplay411(m): 11:32am On Apr 20, 2023
WALKING IN OBEDIENCE

Before I begin, I will like us to share the same understanding of the title by giving the basic definition of the component words.
Walk:
1. To be in motion; to act; to move.
2. To take for a walk or accompany on a walk.

Walking:
1. Characterized by or suitable for walking.

I only just now discovered a new definition for Walking. Which I want us to pay a closer attention to;
Walking:
Incarnate as a human; living.
E.g. Pastor James is a walking epistle. Selah

Let's prepare our questions, if any.

Obey:
To do as one is told.
Obedient::
Willing to comply with the commands, orders, or instructions of those in authority.
Obedience:
The quality of being obedient.

Juxtaposing these together;
Walking In Obedience can be translated to mean;
Living a Life Of Following Instructions.

We all follow instructions everyday.
The question is whose instructions are we following?
Are we following?

The Life and Entirety of Our Existence is hinged on Obedience or Disobedience.
Which brings me to the anchor verse of this message.

Isaiah 1;19-20
If you are willing and obedient,
You shall eat the good of the land;

But if you refuse and rebel,
You shall be devoured by the sword”;
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.

Instruction is central to any organisation.
Instruction is crucial to any product.
Instruction is therefore central to the most important creation of God- Man.

Thanks to Myles Monroe, I found that God's Instruction/Manual to man is the Bible.
Even more appropriately- His Word.
His Revelation.

When we are born, we naturally inherit the rebellious, disobedient spirit of the fallen man, Adam.

Ps.51.5 - Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me.

This is why we all struggle with Obedience and naturally hate instruction and correction.

The moment you tell a child, don't do this.
In that very moment, he will start doing it.

Let's not be quick to judge the child.

Even as adults, we have not broken-forth into our
dreams, manifestations and divine promises simply because of our attitude to instruction.

Romans 7:15
For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

For this cause, God knew only He could save us from our rebellious and disobedient spirit.

1 Tim 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory.

What the Scripture calls a Mystery, is a secret that cannot be understood until God breaks the seal of our understanding.
And even then, we understand in part.

Jesus Christ is the Mystery of Godliness. Selah

Only Jesus Christ could break us from the yoke and bondage of Disobedience and Rebellion.

Is it not curious, that even when our LORD and Saviour, Jesus Christ has delivered us and finished the works, we are still struggling with Disobedience?

Jesus Christ, God in the flesh, walked among us.
Walked closely with his disciples for over 3 years.
Yet, they were still struggling with Unbelief, Fear, Disobedience.

He had to beg the father to send the Holy Spirit.

John.16.7 - Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.

As a Born-again, New Creation, Spirit and Fire Filled, is it not curious that we still struggling with Disobedience?

It is simply because we are so strong-willed.

Some of us love our personalities more than we love Christ.
For some it is witchcraft.

Galatians 3:1-3
O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?
This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

I wish I could expound more. But I trust the Holy Spirit to perfect all that is concerning our Obedience through the ministers.

The Goal of the Life of a Christian is to be Like Christ.
Not like our selves.
Not like our pastors.
Not like our idols.

The Holyspirit will use our personalities before Christ to minister to others, but that is not who we are called to be.

We are to become, Like Christ.

In conclusion,
God went to a great length to save us, not for us to continue to be the way we are.
Not for us to continue to struggle with sin.
Not for us to continue to live like mere men.
Not for us to want to be the best among our peers.
Not even for us to the best pastors.
Re: Walking In Obedience by pressplay411(m): 11:38am On Apr 20, 2023
We are saved to be restored to Glory.

Adam was the first son of God.
Due to his disobedience. We all lost the glory of God.

Jesus Christ is the Second Adam. With a Greater Glory than Adam.
And due to his righteousness, we are all redeemed into the greater glory Adam never got to experience.

Even Jesus Christ never fully manifested the Greater Glory here while in flesh. Selah

Which is why he said to His disciples (You and I)
That we will do greater works.

Let us not be discouraged.
Let us not despair.

We are exactly where the God knows we will be at the very moment in existence.

God works with time.

He has exercised long suffering for centuries and even millennia.

All he wants is for us to be perfected and to prove ourselves faithful for him to commit such greater works into our hands.

In conclusion, we should not attempt to finish by the flesh, all we must do is cry to God to increase our faith according to His will.

We need to count as rubbish everything we have counted as glorious.

For only God can put in our hearts the ability and Grace to be obedient and faithful.

Galatians 5:16-18
 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

Phillipians 2:13
For it is [not your strength, but it is] God who is effectively at work in you, both to will and to work [that is, strengthening, energizing, and creating in you the longing and the ability to fulfill your purpose] for His good pleasure.

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

My prayer for us all, is that we will Become.
We will Manifest.
We will walk in Obedience to the will of God.
And we will receive the Faith, Humility, Patience and Love that is required in Jesus name. Amen

(1) (Reply)

Let Us Be Born Again / Judah Vs Egypt And Edom In The Last Days / "The Concrete Christian"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.