Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? (15582 Views)

Watch :Turbinator II Becomes The First Wheel-Driven Vehicle To Reach 503mph / Aston Martin To Make 28 Replicas Of DB5 Driven By James Bond In Goldfinger Movie / Mechanic Creates 2-faced Carย That Can Be Driven Forward & Back At The Same Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by SmSolo: 4:53pm On Apr 23, 2023
SELF DRIVING CARS...
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by diggindeep: 4:58pm On Apr 23, 2023
Depending
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by phorget(m): 5:10pm On Apr 23, 2023
I prefer to be on the driver's seat.
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by MrBroke(m): 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2023
Being driven, that is under calm situations, but in a situation where I'm being chased by kidnappers or shooters, I prefer to go fast and furious o. Driver go sit down for back, make i be him driver for now grin

1 Like

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by bukatyne(f): 5:53pm On Apr 23, 2023
Adebowale89:
I Prefer driving myself though because some drivers act as if they hanged other lives at home

while driving I take caution when my instinct tells me you're speeding much, even though na God dey save person but taking caution have saves a lot of lives

driving is a skill I can't get tired of

@bold:

So funny ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜€ as you have only one copy abi?

1 Like

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by phemmyfour: 5:55pm On Apr 23, 2023
Capitalresource:
As someone who loves to enjoy life and have a good time, I can tell you that the answer is clear: being driven is the way to go.

Sure, driving can be fun sometimes. There's something exhilarating about being in control of a powerful machine, cruising down the open road and blasting your favorite tunes on your stereo. But let's be real, how often does that actually happen? More often than not, driving is a stressful, time-consuming hassle that leaves you feeling drained and stressed out.

Being driven, on the other hand, is pure luxury. You get to sit back, relax, and let someone else do all the work. No more traffic jams, no more searching for parking spots, no more road rage. Instead, you can use that time to catch up on emails, read a book, or just take a nap. Plus, if you're lucky, your driver might even offer you a complimentary bottle of water or a snack.

Of course, there are some downsides to being driven. For one thing, it can be expensive. Hiring a private driver or using ride-sharing services can really add up over time. And if you're someone who likes to be in control, it can be hard to relinquish that power to someone else.

But for me, the convenience and comfort of being driven far outweigh the costs. I'd much rather arrive at my destination feeling relaxed and refreshed than stressed out and frazzled. Plus, if I'm being honest, I kind of like feeling like a VIP when I'm being chauffeured around town.

So, to wrap it up, if you're someone who values convenience, comfort, and a little bit of luxury, being driven is definitely the way to go. Just sit back, relax, and let someone else do the driving.
Being driven

1 Like

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by TeamXola(m): 5:59pm On Apr 23, 2023
I will prefer to drive myself anytime
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Brownshoe: 6:20pm On Apr 23, 2023
Se u dey whine me niiiiiii, I go dey shack you whรจn first buy the car but later driving na stress u go prefer been driven.

1 Like

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by XAUBulls: 6:38pm On Apr 23, 2023
Capitalresource:
As someone who loves to enjoy life and have a good time, I can tell you that the answer is clear: being driven is the way to go.

Sure, driving can be fun sometimes. There's something exhilarating about being in control of a powerful machine, cruising down the open road and blasting your favorite tunes on your stereo. But let's be real, how often does that actually happen? More often than not, driving is a stressful, time-consuming hassle that leaves you feeling drained and stressed out.

Being driven, on the other hand, is pure luxury. You get to sit back, relax, and let someone else do all the work. No more traffic jams, no more searching for parking spots, no more road rage. Instead, you can use that time to catch up on emails, read a book, or just take a nap. Plus, if you're lucky, your driver might even offer you a complimentary bottle of water or a snack.

Of course, there are some downsides to being driven. For one thing, it can be expensive. Hiring a private driver or using ride-sharing services can really add up over time. And if you're someone who likes to be in control, it can be hard to relinquish that power to someone else.

But for me, the convenience and comfort of being driven far outweigh the costs. I'd much rather arrive at my destination feeling relaxed and refreshed than stressed out and frazzled. Plus, if I'm being honest, I kind of like feeling like a VIP when I'm being chauffeured around town.

So, to wrap it up, if you're someone who values convenience, comfort, and a little bit of luxury, being driven is definitely the way to go. Just sit back, relax, and let someone else do the driving.
Being driven is a NO contest.

As long as my chauffeur is well paid, mentally alert and has good defensive driving skills, we are good to go.
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:01pm On Apr 23, 2023
davillian:
Depends on the car
You enjoy some cars when you seated at the back seats (luxury cars)
you enjoy some cars when you drive yourself (sport cars)
The most comfortable seat in a Rolls Royce is the driverโ€™s seat.
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Lamasta(m): 7:51pm On Apr 23, 2023
Driving in Nigerian road is another top level of stress on its own
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Storypot: 8:01pm On Apr 23, 2023
juman:
I wish one day I experience lagos type of hold up.
Be in hold up for three to four hours.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by BadEnglish(m): 8:33pm On Apr 23, 2023
Capitalresource:

At the bolded, pls
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by winnah(f): 8:46pm On Apr 23, 2023
it depends!!!

my girl friend love that cool evening driving... and that makes me happy...
sometimes, we just drive round... no actual location...

I'll prefer someone to drive me when am coming back from work... so i can buy enough time to chat with my woman... Mary
before i arrived home..
Bea i wish you see... i love you ...Omaobidiya

if you quote me!!!
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by doneback04: 9:06pm On Apr 23, 2023
Be driving na , Omo see question ooo, na who like suffer cheesy grin
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Ashirioluwa: 9:08pm On Apr 23, 2023
Seating at back of car while someone else is driving the car is good. Many folks can afford this because labor is cheap here in Nigeria.

When you step out of Nigeria, donโ€™t even think about it because only the super rich can afford to employ a driver in the western world.
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by missymide: 9:14pm On Apr 23, 2023
I enjoy driving and only being driven when am sure the person is a careful driver. With my spouse i can sleep
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by MrJames007: 10:26pm On Apr 23, 2023
OP, thatโ€™s your opinion. But I hope youโ€™re not a lazy man. Anyway, to answer your questionโ€ฆ. itโ€™s all dependent on what youโ€™re driving. I can drive my car from Nigeria to Japan without being stressed out and frazzled. At least, Iโ€™d believe in my journey, make no person carry me go jam anything. I can be driven if only itโ€™s not my ๐Ÿš˜.
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Adebowale89(m): 10:46pm On Apr 23, 2023
bukatyne:

@bold:

So funny ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜€ as you have only one copy abi?

you've issue with comprehension, I already state why my first paragraph was made in my second paragraph

try dey read, brain is not in your head for decoration
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 24, 2023
With all the madness of commercial drivers and okada on Nigerian roads, there's no fun in driving again, especially the extra stress of heavy traffic in Lagos.
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by BlackAdam65: 12:53am On Apr 24, 2023
Chai im 18 going to 19 and i dont know how to drive
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Ololademrmoney2(m): 2:29am On Apr 24, 2023
You are not far from the truth and this is why I will continue to let the World knows about Mr. Sujibomi (SUJIMOTO), you will never see him seated at the owners seat just as most CEO does but for him, it is all about humanity, humility, transparency and the lists goes endless. Just like my brother who is also a CEO like him, I have never seen any of them all my life takes the owner seat while being driven but instead, makes the driver feels homely by seating right at the front with him and this I can tell for a fact is a noble character.
Treassured:
Thee pleasure derived from being driving Is second to none. Most especially If you have a wonderful driver.

Personally I prefer to have a driver who will drive me around. Driving Is fun but can be very stressful at times regardless wether you have an Automatic/Manual vehicle. I have been there.

Anyone who Is familiar with Island/Lekki/Abuja etc will notice most Made People usually make use of DRIVERS. You will see the Bosses relaxing at the Owners seat doing other task while enjoying their rides.

1 Like

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by unmask: 6:42am On Apr 24, 2023
Capitalresource:

Depends on the car, Toyota, Benz, Honda etc...... it's best you are driven. But If you are behind the wheels of a BMW best drive that car yourself it makes no sense otherwise
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Ballotelle(m): 6:42am On Apr 24, 2023
I love to drive, it only that it disturbs my receiving calls and making calls due busy schedule
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Caesar25: 7:39am On Apr 24, 2023
Both ways are okay to me .
I enjoy road rage a lot because I know how to handle my accelerator.
There are days I wish someone can drive me .
But when I'm embarking on a far journey, I'd rather be driven
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Nazgul: 8:12am On Apr 24, 2023
Quenncee:

When you are more engaged with calls and other things, you will see reasons to get a driver.
Unless you're a CEO, MD, senior director of a company, I don't see how you'll be busy with calls on the steering wheel.

A young guy would be in office all day until the close of work of which he'll drive home directly. So I'm absolutely positive that he can ignore a few calls while driving and return them once he gets home.

1 Like

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by ibinaboonline: 8:54am On Apr 24, 2023
You're clearly not a gearhead. End.
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by ibinaboonline: 9:12am On Apr 24, 2023
Read pretty much every comment. 99.9% are for being driven. Even the lone wolf that prefers driving feels that way because he wants to be "in the driver's seat" ... Which I take as a metaphor. Fair enough. But the percentage of those who prefer being driven is alarming, and I say that from the perspective of a gearhead. Try telling Jay Leno to get a driver.
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by bfn1: 9:45am On Apr 24, 2023
I prefer being driven.
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Taxong: 10:02am On Apr 24, 2023
Rent -A -Driver
Experienced and Licensed Drivers Who Have Good Driving Records.
https://taxo.ng

1 Like

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by bukatyne(f): 10:06am On Apr 24, 2023
Adebowale89:

you've issue with comprehension, I already state why my first paragraph was made in my second paragraph

try dey read, brain is not in your head for decoration

YOU should take refresher comprehension classes if you do not understand my comment in relation to yours or ask for clarity.

Going straight to insults doesn't speak well of you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Upgrading From 195/65R15 To 205/65R15 Tyres On My 2004 Corolla S / At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? / What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.