Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,279 members, 7,811,831 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service (12337 Views)

Lecturing In State University Vs Federal Polytechnic / Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn / A Kogi State Civil Servant Resigned Due To Non Payment Of Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by jfkenny(m): 6:19am On Apr 21, 2023
Good morning naira Landers.let me make this very brief. I work in one of the states in Nigeria as a civil servant.

I got the job immediately after my graduate studies with my NCE certificate since degree certificates are not usually issued immediately after studies.

When I went for conversion(from NCE TO DEGREE), I was told that the day I was issued the degree cert post-dates my appointment letter thus I can't make use of the degree certificate.

Meanwhile , I completed my graduate studies in June 2013 and cert was issued in March 2014.

Appointment letter was issued on dec. 2013

What's your experience, and is there anyway this can be solved..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by niyiduke01(m): 6:30am On Apr 21, 2023
@op, This particular issue is applicable to both federal and state MDAs, The only option for you is to apply for studies approval and proceed to master's program, after that you can present it for upgrading to the deserved level.ciao

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by Noneroone(m): 7:44am On Apr 21, 2023
You mean certificate or result statement?
Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by jfkenny(m): 7:59am On Apr 21, 2023
Certificate
Noneroone:
You mean certificate or result statement?
Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by jfkenny(m): 8:00am On Apr 21, 2023
Nawaaooo
niyiduke01:
@op, This particular issue is applicable to both federal and state MDAs, The only option for you is to apply for studies approval and proceed to master's program, after that you can present it for upgrading to the deserved level.ciao
Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by DjRickyNG: 11:40am On Apr 22, 2023
K
Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by Aolfooties(m): 11:40am On Apr 22, 2023
That's so bad, did they now expect you to go for another degree?

Check my signature for quality made in Nigeria footwears.
Buy 2 shoes, get 1 free slide. Offer ends in 6 weeks. What's app 08111 thirty fifty 81
Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by sacajawea: 11:41am On Apr 22, 2023
Following, Let me see if I can Confirm a few things here
Somebody I know had same Issues, Teacher with the Lagos State Government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by Ask4bigneyo(m): 11:42am On Apr 22, 2023
Ninu gbogbo Rogbodiyan yi
Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by 1950Mack: 11:42am On Apr 22, 2023
grin wahala wear safety boot grin

1 Like

Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by money121(m): 11:44am On Apr 22, 2023
Ok
Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by Spetiiko87(m): 11:47am On Apr 22, 2023
Omo
Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 22, 2023
Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 22, 2023
jfkenny:
Good morning naira Landers.let me make this very brief. I work in one of the states in Nigeria as a civil servant.

I got the job immediately after my graduate studies with my NCE certificate since degree certificates are not usually issued immediately after studies.

When I went for conversion(from NCE TO DEGREE), I was told that the day I was issued the degree cert post-dates my appointment letter thus I can't make use of the degree certificate.

Meanwhile , I completed my graduate studies in June 2013 and cert was issued in March 2014.

..I noticed most people commenting on this topic did not take time to read...they are commenting based on the headline...they didn't read the part where you mentioned that you got the job with your NCE

Even if your conversion is to be considered, hope you know that you will loose some ranks.
it is immaterial whether you got your BSC the same year you got the job.

Lastly, certificate for upgrade is only considered when that study is APPROVED by your agency or ministry.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by DenreleDave(m): 11:51am On Apr 22, 2023
Make God help us wey dey expect NIs, ndlea and frsc ooo

Anyone will be great

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by ejimatic: 11:55am On Apr 22, 2023
jfkenny:

. You were employed with yiur NCE pronto! If yiu have a degree now,there is no. authomatic conversion! Years will pass before conversion will be discussed. Even if yiu do your program through the study leave with the approval of yiur employer. When it is time for convertion you will be considered. Remember it is at the discretion of the management. Thank God you have a job now.Others things will fall into their places. Milions are outside looking for jobs. Thank your God for now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by Lovenorth: 11:56am On Apr 22, 2023
Get someone who knows someone that knows someone
Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 22, 2023
Aolfooties:
That's so bad, did they now expect you to go for another degree?

Check my signature for quality made in Nigeria footwears.
Buy 2 shoes, get 1 free slide. Offer ends in 6 weeks. What's app 08111 thirty fifty 81
did you ask yourself whether his study for a degree was approved by the ministry or agency he works ?

Or you don't know that only certificates of approved studies are considered for upgrade in civil service

4 Likes

Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by psucc(m): 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2023
OP, hhmm it is problem in the Service. Sorry, that no one was they to advice you. The should have made a comment on your file for B. SC in view. That would have helped you get upgraded.

2. If you still have some one to speak for you, it can still be upgraded. This is Nigeria.

3. It took me about 10 years (2005-2015) to get study Leave approval for my ND in the State Civil Service.

4. Those who have crossed the river always break the bridge so others can't

10 Likes

Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by Residency11: 12:08pm On Apr 22, 2023
Good
Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by reservd(m): 12:15pm On Apr 22, 2023
jfkenny:

The date on your certificate is the date the academic board of your institution approved your result. It's your institution that determines when you graduate from their school and not when you wrote your final exam or when you defend your project or whatever the case may be

6 Likes

Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by Lanretoye(m): 12:16pm On Apr 22, 2023
T
Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by mannobi(m): 12:16pm On Apr 22, 2023
Na wa ooo this country sha. They can't employ with degree cert and expected the person to remain on the nce or o level cert for ever
Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by airprinz(m): 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2023
I think Op's issue will act as a lesson to people out there that intend using their lower degrees to apply for government jobs instead of their higher degrees.

Though it isn't easy in our country of today to secure a decent job.
But before you take the decision that the OP took, think of the consequences

4 Likes

Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by PerfectMan24: 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2023
niyiduke01:
Pls for one that is going for professional certification like ICAN, is it proper for s/he apply for studies approval too?
Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by AngelicBeing: 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2023
The world today is ruled by Decrees and not Degrees cool

1 Like

Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by BrutusOj(m): 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2023
airprinz:
I think Op's issue will act as a lesson to people out there that intend using their lower degrees to apply for government jobs instead of their higher degrees.

Though it isn't easy in our country of today to secure a decent job.
But before you take the decision that the OP took, think of the consequences
There is something you need to understand. There are jobs that entry level is always maximum of first degree, so you can't do otherwise except you want to remain jobless. A case study is the just concluded online application of NDLEA where only few courses have position for Masters while every other field can only settle for positions that are filled with first degree.
Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by ishakashaibu: 12:36pm On Apr 22, 2023
It is everywhere. My advice to you is to apply through your office and go back for fresh Degree program
Re: Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service by na2016: 12:38pm On Apr 22, 2023
niyiduke01:

OP, use this advice but please and please ensure you get your study leave approval before you proceed.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues / Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? / State Government Work Or Bank Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.