Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,878 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? (9679 Views)

The Dos And Don'ts Of Applying For A Tech Internship / A Day In The Life Of A Tech Intern: What To Expect / Six Things You Should Not Do As A Tech Newbie. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by XploraBen(m): 3:41pm On Apr 22, 2023
ModCaller:
In case you are thinking of the easiest site for hosting your web application. Use glitch and thank me later. The only thing I know you can't host on glitch is MySQL. You need to use external hosting for that.

I've done almost anything you can imagine with glitch for years now. You can connect your GitHub repository and export from git to glitch and it will go live in seconds.
Please is glitch free to use?
Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by o123456789(m): 4:00pm On Apr 22, 2023
Hmm
Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by Keblast: 4:21pm On Apr 22, 2023
4words:

I just checked your portfolio, I checked with mobile phone though. Try learn bootstrap it will make your life easier when it comes to responsive web and you won't have to keep juggling different media query.

Is media query still alive?
Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by ModCaller: 4:40pm On Apr 22, 2023
XploraBen:

Please is glitch free to use?

1000000000% free
Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by KushLyon(m): 4:47pm On Apr 22, 2023
NwaNimo1:
Listen up, tech pros in Naija town
I got some tips that will help you get down
First, find your niche, and make it clear
Focus on it hard, and hold it dear

Build personal projects, show your skills
Let your creativity give you thrills
Contribute to open source, on Github
Show what you got, let the world dub

Hackathons and coding comps, join the fray
It's a great way to show what you can play
Create a website, showcase your art
Tell your story, make it smart

Network, attend events, keep it real
Stay up-to-date, and let your ideas heal
Internships, freelance, gain experience
Collaborate, learn, with no interference

Update your portfolio, let it flow
Showcase your latest work, let it glow
Stay current, don't let it slip
Take courses, read, and take a sip

That's it, folks, hope you got some tips
Let your skills shine, let your portfolio rip!

How?.....the word no longer exists!

chatGPT on the beat

1 Like

Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by Codo22(m): 4:47pm On Apr 22, 2023
Petersamuel8:
this is my portfolio, any suggestions? open it with laptop because I am still working on the media query

https://peter2great2.github.io/blog/

This is nice, progress
The colours black and purple I don't think it's a nice fit tho
Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by majesticguy: 5:03pm On Apr 22, 2023
Petersamuel8:
this is my portfolio, any suggestions? open it with laptop because I am still working on the media query

Nice one man. Here's mine below, it's 100% responsive.

https://curious-lily-63663a.netlify.app

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 22, 2023
TsbAfrica:
Straight from chatGPT ykyk
Hahaha, noticed it too

1 Like

Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by pixey(m): 5:27pm On Apr 22, 2023
This one wey everybody dey flex their portfolio website grin.
See my own https://petermosesportfoliosite.netlify.app/ cool
Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by Ibnltd33: 5:33pm On Apr 22, 2023
I need an experience Aws cloud computing Engr.
Email me. Ibnltd33@yahoo.com
Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by engrjoshua: 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2023
Hello guys,
This is my portfolio: https://joshuaoyewole.com.ng

Your review and criticism are welcome.
I will update the portfolio section with my latest jobs soon. Currently working on some Point of sale (POS) softwares for eateries /hotel reservations

1 Like

Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by Blissguts: 6:21pm On Apr 22, 2023
NwaNimo1:
Listen up, tech pros in Naija town
I got some tips that will help you get down
First, find your niche, and make it clear
Focus on it hard, and hold it dear

Build personal projects, show your skills
Let your creativity give you thrills
Contribute to open source, on Github
Show what you got, let the world dub

Hackathons and coding comps, join the fray
It's a great way to show what you can play
Create a website, showcase your art
Tell your story, make it smart

Network, attend events, keep it real
Stay up-to-date, and let your ideas heal
Internships, freelance, gain experience
Collaborate, learn, with no interference

Update your portfolio, let it flow
Showcase your latest work, let it glow
Stay current, don't let it slip
Take courses, read, and take a sip

That's it, folks, hope you got some tips
Let your skills shine, let your portfolio rip!

How?.....the word no longer exists!

Hello bro ..... I like how you roll. Can we share ideas on stuff relating to achievement of goals, seeing that this is what we need to bring us as a people to limelight, as Africa can't be left this way.
Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by Harrykn: 6:42pm On Apr 22, 2023
Nice suggestion
Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by XploraBen(m): 6:46pm On Apr 22, 2023
ModCaller:

1000000000% free
I'll try it out.
Thanks for the info.
Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by Obere4u: 6:50pm On Apr 22, 2023
YoungCabal:
Don't waste your time building todo apps,[b] build something you can sell or make money from [\b]even before you get a job. Most of the times, people make the mistake of building portfolio's solely for job hunting. A portfolio should be like your day to day personal ID card, who knows ? That tiny app you built could get acquired by one big company, never stop building !

Boss, have been thinking a lot about it but where and how can a beginner in front-end web development see something to build and sell? Please teach me
Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by YoungCabal: 6:59pm On Apr 22, 2023
Obere4u:

Boss, have been thinking a lot about it but where and how can a beginner in front-end web development see something to build and sell? Please teach me
You can build themes for popular cms like wordpress and shopify and sell them online on sites like codecayon or via your own site

1 Like

Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by Obere4u: 7:48pm On Apr 22, 2023
YoungCabal:
You can build themes for popular cms like wordpress and shopify and sell them online on sites like codecayon or via your own site

Thanks. Another question please

Can I pickup any design I see online, design it and sell on codecayon?
Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by Ibnltd33: 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2023
Any experience cloud computing engineer here?
Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by emmancipated(m): 8:08pm On Apr 22, 2023
Since na time to show portfolios, please check mine and criticism and advice, I'm very open to feedbacks.
https://emmancipated.github.io/Emmanuel-Kalu-Portfolio/
Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by FantasyWolf(m): 8:20pm On Apr 22, 2023
Would I like to know...
Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by Dumte(m): 9:18pm On Apr 22, 2023
Petersamuel8:

I've seen your page. Can we connect on www.github.com/dumte so we can discuss more about your page and how you can enhance it for better view?
Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by Petersamuel8(m): 9:36pm On Apr 22, 2023
Dumte:

I've seen your page. Can we connect on www.github.com/dumte so we can discuss more about your page and how you can enhance it for better view?
sure github.com/peter2great2
Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by justli: 9:51pm On Apr 22, 2023
Petersamuel8:

I didn't chech your portfolio, but I'd advise you change the address to something professional. Peter2great2 sounds amateurish and doesn't convey a sense of seriousness.
Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by YoungCabal: 10:14pm On Apr 22, 2023
Obere4u:

Thanks. Another question please

Can I pickup any design I see online, design it and sell on codecayon?
Yes, You can.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by haybhi1(m): 1:17am On Apr 23, 2023
ModCaller:
In case you are thinking of the easiest site for hosting your web application for free. Use glitch and thank me later. The only thing I know you can't host on glitch is MySQL. You need to use external hosting for that.

I've done almost anything you can imagine with glitch for years now. You can connect your GitHub repository and export from git to glitch and it will go live in seconds.

Hi Modcaller, can you please make more recommendations regularly?
Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by ModCaller: 6:47am On Apr 23, 2023
haybhi1:

Hi Modcaller, can you please make more recommendations regularly?

Yeah, sure
Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by haybhi1(m): 7:56am On Apr 23, 2023
ModCaller:

Yeah, sure
Blessings. Thanks.
Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by Obere4u: 8:43am On Apr 23, 2023
YoungCabal:
Yes, You can.

Thank you... I just registered with codecayon. Please where do you get good designs from?
Re: How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? by YoungCabal: 9:08am On Apr 23, 2023
Obere4u:

Thank you... I just registered with codecayon. Please where do you get good designs from?
Search on Figma community, there are lots of free designs shared by people which you can get inspiration from

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Daily Motivational Quotes / Managment Consulting In Nigeria,very Lucrative. / Petroleum Engineering Course In Germany -free Tuition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.