Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,205 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits (11707 Views)

Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) Won Medal At Abuja International Marathon Race (Pic) / Abuja Holds First International Marathon (Video, Photos) / 60 Athletes Jostle For $80,000 Prize Money In First Abuja International Marathon (2) (3) (4)

Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by sojiboy(m): 12:52pm On Apr 24, 2023
Marathon enthusiasts from within and outside the Federal Capital Territory daily throng The Pavilion, the venue of the ongoing Abuja International Marathon Expo to collect their running kits in readiness for the first international marathon in Abuja and the Federal Capital Territory.

The Expo began last Friday and registered runners from neighboring states like Kogi State, Niger State, Nasarrawa State, Kaduna State and others were at the Expo venue The Pavilion to collect their kits. Members of the diplomatic community were not left out as residents in the seat of power FCT and other parts of Nigeria want to be part of the race.

Grace Bassey a marathon enthusiast who came all the way from Suleja to collect her kits said she has never missed an opportunity to be part of history,

“History will be made on April 29, 2023, when the first international marathon will take place in FCT, I have never missed an opportunity to be part of history that was why I come here early to collect my kits, I don’t want to hear stories that the kits have finished. I will be running the 10km with my friends”

A diplomat from one of the European countries who does not want his name in print said,” Running is part and parcel of my life; I have done races around the world where I have served. It will be great to experience a marathon in Abuja.

“Abuja is a beautiful city with an excellent road network; an international marathon will showcase the city to the world”.

Abuja International Marathon the first in FCT is slated for April 29, 2023. The race is in three categories 5km Student Run, the 10km Family Run, and the 42.195 Full Marathon.

The race will start at the City Gate and finish at Eagles Square. The best entertainers in the country will entertain runners and spectators at the Finish Point.
According to Race Director Olukayode Thomas, “Registration is free, it will close April 28, 2023, the last day of the Expo”.

https://leadership.ng/runners-throng-abuja-intl-marathon-expo-to-collect-kits/

Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by Chris2863(m): 1:03pm On Apr 24, 2023
Nice one but the organizers should endeavor to check their health before anything. Most Nigerians are not healthy.

Ftc for the second time under 24 hours; says a lot about my joblessness. Someone should help me with a job or recommend me for one please 🙏🙏🙏. I graduated with a second class upper division in Public Administration (Currently residing in Lagos state)

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by LeeMason(m): 1:03pm On Apr 24, 2023
Give them water oh. Sun hot,make person no go faint.

Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by Brainlight: 1:03pm On Apr 24, 2023
ANOTHER... FREE MONEY FOR THE KENYANS.

17 Likes

Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by Sitwalkstand: 1:03pm On Apr 24, 2023
When did they ressurect this one?

I can only imagine how Buhari's cabal are raping our treasury now.

Some are borrowing, others are coming up with any project where they can allocate Billions and steal it dry.

Nigeria is doomed.

Festus Keyamo has practiced law for over 20 years. never had a tyre in Ghana. Became minister and after 6 years as Minister, He buys a house of almost 200 million naira and dumb brains don't see anything wrong with that.

Why did he not buy it before he became Minister.

As a minister, his salary is less than one million naira. If not stolen money what is it?

We have a long way to go as a country.

Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by Judolisco(m): 1:03pm On Apr 24, 2023
Dat brukutu brother 2 wan run

Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by Pipefitter: 1:04pm On Apr 24, 2023
One day I will join them, hopefully I don't faint

Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by Viviangater(f): 1:04pm On Apr 24, 2023
It is well
Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by 1gbdata: 1:04pm On Apr 24, 2023
Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by Ogidan71: 1:04pm On Apr 24, 2023
For hot sun?
Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by Salvation2: 1:05pm On Apr 24, 2023
Nice one my people. Also remember that while collecting ur kits to run/participate in that marathon, u should not forget the ultimate race that u need to run which is eternity.

Weather we agree or not, we are already running the race as we speak. Regardless of tribe, size or colour, all will eventually lead to the judgment seat of God where we will explain to our maker the Almighty God, how we spent out time running the race!

So if ur spending ur time stealing, continue, if ur spending ur time killing innocent people, continue but remember u will one day give account of ur life!! For those who are doing good, eternity in HEAVEN awaits u and those who do evil, HELL awaits u.

Jesus Christ loves u and does not want anyone of us to perish. Let's therefore turn away from SIN and embrace Jesus Christ today and be saved. As many that will accept Him today, I pray for u. May the testimonies I shared on my home page locate u and many more in Jesus Christ name amen.

***Check my home page and see some of our testimonies. This can serve as a motivation to embrace and love Him more in ur life***

Shalom!!!

Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by theophorus(m): 1:06pm On Apr 24, 2023
224, 225, 226...those guys just come for the Photos ni.

Well, 95% of people wen dey Dere just come for Fun ni.

Better runners no reach 4% of those registered folks. But then for some person's those Free kit na like Medal, dem go hang am for thier "Trophy" cabinet.

Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by Abujabizguy: 1:06pm On Apr 24, 2023
Nice...

Check my Signature. I sell Modern Smokeless Charcoal Stove. Payment on Delivery. Chat me up on Whatsapp.
Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by BESTScientist1: 1:06pm On Apr 24, 2023
even God chooses not selected (for the grammarians). We know the elected and we know the selected. The truth about Nigeria is: The enemies of Nigeria are already paying one way or the other. Give us our president asap
Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by simfrost90210: 1:06pm On Apr 24, 2023
grin .., almost everything about our darling country, Nigeria, isn't just okay at the moment
Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by eepeepook: 1:07pm On Apr 24, 2023
A good initiative. Nigerians are not healthy. I expect people to faint in high numbers. We wey dey slump and die easily, make person no collect on the day.
Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by Mathantics: 1:07pm On Apr 24, 2023

Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by Jubrilv(m): 1:07pm On Apr 24, 2023
Lazy youth 🤣🤣
Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by Ladymillion(f): 1:07pm On Apr 24, 2023
It's good to be fit
Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by skultrick(m): 1:08pm On Apr 24, 2023
I want to be part of this marathon, please where are they registering Any one with vital info should drop it here.

I have searched the Pavilion, I'm seeing Pavilion restaurant. Is that the place?
Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by Jerryherd: 1:09pm On Apr 24, 2023
I hope Kenyans and Ethiopians are not around

Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by Kiddogarcia(m): 1:10pm On Apr 24, 2023
Goodluck to them.

Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho
Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by Darkandhandsom(m): 1:12pm On Apr 24, 2023
I don't even know what to say..
Just like this post
Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by OloYeOfEgbE: 1:15pm On Apr 24, 2023
Omo..

Naija remain quarter to finish.. We dey buy money for POS, KENYANS wan cash out. Let them run to Sudan,rescue our people and get the cash.. This is too easy for them abeg

Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by stuffs2002: 1:16pm On Apr 24, 2023
The Kenyans will easily collect the prize as usual

Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by Raxxye(m): 1:17pm On Apr 24, 2023
Chris2863:
Nice one but the organizers should endeavor to check their health before anything. Most Nigerians are not healthy.

Ftc for the second time under 24 hours; says a lot about my joblessness. Someone should help me with a job or recommend me for one please 🙏🙏🙏. I graduated with a second class upper division in Public Administration (Currently residing in Lagos state)
You stole my ftc slot, and you're requesting I recommend you for job? Me dey vex for you!

Truth is:
Both of us jobless and seriously need profitable employment!😁😁
Me a Geophysics graduate, you Pub Admin.
God will come through for us. Amen!

Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by Blissful45(m): 1:17pm On Apr 24, 2023
Awon Usain bolt
Re: Abuja International Marathon: Runners Throng Abuja International Expo For Kits by flexyrule(m): 1:18pm On Apr 24, 2023
Except being a Nigerian is part of the criteria... Kenyans are already warming up to sweep up all the prizes.

The bot bellied dude on white, I hope he is part of the organizer's and not an athlete.

THE Cornerboss Of Football Bet / Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October / I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says