Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,564 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Family Update - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Update (1097 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Update by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 29, 2023
So today I was a bridesmaid at a relative's wedding and I finally wore the wig, but I wasn't comfortable in it... I finally got to see and talk to my sister after the incident that happened earlier this month because we haven't really talked ever since then.

I was happy to see her, but at the same time it brought memories that I didn't want to think of, I was kinda worried that my brother in law came along with her( my second brother in law). I looked around and I didn't see him and I'm guessing he decided not to come along with her because he knew that I was going to be there. After everything that happened, I got a protection order against him and I also considered having his gun confisticate from him, but so far he hasn't used it against me or to threaten me with it, so I let the gun issue go.

According to the protection order, he's not supposed to be anywhere near me and I guess he decided to save himself from the drama by not coming and he was also banished from coming to the family house even in my absence. In as much as I don't want to be the reason my sister's marriage fails and I would never tell her to leave her husband, it really hurt and upset me upon finding out that my sister was still with this same man that tried to harm me.

My day quickly changed from being good to bad because it really broke my heart that she chose him over me. I wanted to confront her, but I decided not to do it because I didn't want to spoil the wedding and confronting her wouldn't change anything because after witnessing what happened, she still chose him... I think she also noticed later in the afternoon that my mood had changed from being talkative to being very silent because she got me a drink and asked if I was okay and I lied and said I was fine.

I left the wedding reception earlier than expected because I didn't feel like being there anymore, I've been staying in my fiance's parents' house ever since I came home on Thursday.. My father has been begging me to come back to the family house, in as much as I want to, I just need a break from my mother because none of this would've happened if she did something whenever I reported the issue of my brother in law to her.

Upon getting home, my fiance's mother also noticed that I wasn't okay because she asked and I lied and told her that I was just having a headache from the hot weather and the wig... When I got to the bedroom, I couldn't help but cry because I miss both my mom and sister, but I can't help but feel betrayed by these two people.

I love my sister so much, but I'm left with a difficult decision to make, either I cut ties with her and miss her for the rest of my life, or I keep in contact with her and risk having the same man who tried harming me coming back into my life and doing only God knows what.

Tomorrow is the last day of the wedding and I'm planning on driving back to Durban as soon as the wedding is over, I don't care if I'll spend half of the night on the road driving.

1 Like

Re: Family Update by anthonyuncle(m): 4:08am On Apr 30, 2023
family is family.

your mum and your sister are family.
you will try to forgive and accommodate them the best you can.
Re: Family Update by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 30, 2023
For now I don't know.
anthonyuncle:
family is family.

your mum and your sister are family.
you will try to forgive and accommodate them the best you can.
Re: Family Update by worried222: 9:03am On Apr 30, 2023
So you want your sister to end her marriage because of you?
You are not a realist.
“A woman’s desire shall be unto her husband”
When you get older you will understand better…

1 Like

Re: Family Update by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 30, 2023
A woman's desire shall be on her potential rapist husband

The one that goes around carrying a gun with him when he's supposed to leave it at home?

The same husband who would sometimes allow his 9 year old child hold his gun?

Like really

worried222:
You are not a realist.

1 Like

Re: Family Update by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 30, 2023
If she was your sister and this brother in law of yours then tries to rape your little sister, the last born of the family while at your parents' house, would you then tell your little sister that a woman's desire shall be unto her husband? Even though this husband of your senior sister tried to rape her
worried222:
You are not a realist.

1 Like

Re: Family Update by worried222: 9:36am On Apr 30, 2023
Samantha124:
If she was your sister and this brother in law of yours then tries to rape your little sister, the last born of the family while at your parents' house, would you then tell your little sister that a woman's desire shall be unto her husband? Even though this husband of your senior sister tried to rape her
Oh dear! I didn’t know that is the weight of his crime.
I’m sorry.

3 Likes

Re: Family Update by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 30, 2023
It's okay.
worried222:

Oh dear! I didn’t know that is the weight of his crime.
I’m sorry.

1 Like

Re: Family Update by henrimoto(m): 10:41am On Apr 30, 2023
@,Samantha124. I understand how you feel about the past incident. Samantha, it's time you put the past incident behind you. Let it go!

You are taking it too far by wanting your sister to choose between you (her younger sister) and her husband. ( The man she had children for). Do you think your sister is happy or proud about her husband's Past shamefully behavior? No! I don't think she is.

There are certain issues that happens within a family, that certain family members choose to let the issue be kept a secret or being silent about because of how degrading & shameful that issue sounds to the ear.

Thank Goodness, the attempt didn't succeed. Measures have been taken by the family for such not to repeat itself. So let it go!

Also, I want you to be bold within you. Don't give room to unnecessary anxiety and fear in your mind because one of your brother-in-laws carries a gun about. What business do you have with him over that, as long as you don't live around him always. Be brave !

Just allow the past to go! It hurts looking at the past. Cheers.
Re: Family Update by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 30, 2023
My sister made her own choice and I won't even confront her about it.

But I'll make my own choice too and I'll do what's best for me, not for the family, or anyone else, but what's best for me.

My safety and mental health are more important to me than anyone or anything else, family included.
henrimoto:
@,Samantha124. I understand how you feel about the past incident. Samantha, it's time you put the past incident behind you. Let it go!

You are taking it too far by wanting your sister to choose between you (her younger sister) and her husband. ( The man she had children for). Do you think your sister is happy or proud about her husband's Past shamefully behavior? No! I don't think she is.

There are certain issues that happens within a family, that certain family members choose to let the issue be kept a secret or being silent about because of how degrading & shameful that issue sounds to the ear.

Thank Goodness, the attempt didn't succeed. Measures have been taken by the family for such not to repeat itself. So let it go!

Also, I want you to be bold within you. Don't give room to unnecessary anxiety and fear in your mind because one of your brother-in-laws carries a gun about. What business do you have with him over that, as long as you don't live around him always. Be brave !

Just allow the past to go! It hurts looking at the past. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Family Update by Shaneroberts: 1:35pm On May 08, 2023
Samantha124:
My sister made her own choice and I won't even confront her about it.

But I'll make my own choice too and I'll do what's best for me, not for the family, or anyone else, but what's best for me.

My safety and mental health are more important to me than anyone or anything else, family included.
Word.
Re: Family Update by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 14, 2023
Maybe putting the post on the diary section would have been better except you actually wanted people to respond. People have responded and it's not going well.
Re: Family Update by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 14, 2023
I just needed somewhere to take out my frustrations and I didn't really care whether people responded or not when I made the post... I was so stressed out and had a headache.

You're right, I should have done it on the diary section... But I'm okay now.. smiley smiley smiley
4Humanity4All:
Maybe putting the post on the diary section would have been better except you actually wanted people to respond. People have responded and it's not going well.

2 Likes

Re: Family Update by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 14, 2023
Samantha124:
I just needed somewhere to take out my frustrations and I didn't really care whether people responded or not when I made the post... I was so stressed out and had a headache.

You're right, I should have done it on the diary section... But I'm okay now.. smiley smiley smiley
That's good to know. Sorry about the incident.
Re: Family Update by jamesversion: 1:45pm On May 21, 2023
Samantha124:

If I give your fiance R1M(1Million Rands) to hands off, will he accept?
Re: Family Update by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 21, 2023
You again? grin grin grin

It's Sunday today, so behave yourself..😂😂😂
jamesversion:

If I give your fiance R1M(1Million Rands) to hands off, will he accept?

1 Like

Re: Family Update by Simplesoul05(m): 10:34pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
You again? grin grin grin

It's Sunday today, so behave yourself..😂😂😂

I’ll double that….. R2M 😉
Re: Family Update by Nobody: 10:36am On May 23, 2023
Honestly this is offensive, I'm not for sale.
Simplesoul05:

I’ll double that….. R2M 😉
Re: Family Update by capnies: 5:01pm On May 23, 2023
Samantha124:
So today I was a bridesmaid at a relative's wedding and I finally wore the wig, but I wasn't comfortable in it... I finally got to see and talk to my sister after the incident that happened earlier this month because we haven't really talked ever since then.

I was happy to see her, but at the same time it brought memories that I didn't want to think of, I was kinda worried that my brother in law came along with her( my second brother in law). I looked around and I didn't see him and I'm guessing he decided not to come along with her because he knew that I was going to be there. After everything that happened, I got a protection order against him and I also considered having his gun confisticate from him, but so far he hasn't used it against me or to threaten me with it, so I let the gun issue go.

According to the protection order, he's not supposed to be anywhere near me and I guess he decided to save himself from the drama by not coming and he was also banished from coming to the family house even in my absence. In as much as I don't want to be the reason my sister's marriage fails and I would never tell her to leave her husband, it really hurt and upset me upon finding out that my sister was still with this same man that tried to harm me.

My day quickly changed from being good to bad because it really broke my heart that she chose him over me. I wanted to confront her, but I decided not to do it because I didn't want to spoil the wedding and confronting her wouldn't change anything because after witnessing what happened, she still chose him... I think she also noticed later in the afternoon that my mood had changed from being talkative to being very silent because she got me a drink and asked if I was okay and I lied and said I was fine.

I left the wedding reception earlier than expected because I didn't feel like being there anymore, I've been staying in my fiance's parents' house ever since I came home on Thursday.. My father has been begging me to come back to the family house, in as much as I want to, I just need a break from my mother because none of this would've happened if she did something whenever I reported the issue of my brother in law to her.

Upon getting home, my fiance's mother also noticed that I wasn't okay because she asked and I lied and told her that I was just having a headache from the hot weather and the wig... When I got to the bedroom, I couldn't help but cry because I miss both my mom and sister, but I can't help but feel betrayed by these two people.

I love my sister so much, but I'm left with a difficult decision to make, either I cut ties with her and miss her for the rest of my life, or I keep in contact with her and risk having the same man who tried harming me coming back into my life and doing only God knows what.

Tomorrow is the last day of the wedding and I'm planning on driving back to Durban as soon as the wedding is over, I don't care if I'll spend half of the night on the road driving.

IN JUST ONE WRITEUP YOU LIED TWICE: TO YOUR SISTER AND TO YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW
Re: Family Update by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 23, 2023
And your point is?
capnies:

IN JUST ONE WRITEUP YOU LIED TWICE: TO YOUR SISTER AND TO YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW
Re: Family Update by Simplesoul05(m): 8:02pm On May 24, 2023
Samantha124:
Honestly this is offensive, I'm not for sale.

😢 I’m sorry. I don’t mean to offend you. Pls accept my sincere apology 🙏🏽
Re: Family Update by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 24, 2023
Cool.
Simplesoul05:

😢 I’m sorry. I don’t mean to offend you. Pls accept my sincere apology 🙏🏽

(1) (Reply)

He Wants The Boy: 7 Years After / Make 10 Pounds In 5 Minutes, 50 Pounds Each Day Or More / 3 Year Old girl Found Dead In School Toilet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.