Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,154 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) (16128 Views)

Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) / Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, One Dead, Several Rescued / Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by Naijalarry: 2:15am On Apr 30, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JuihOd1b3g

At least 13 persons have escaped death following the collapse of a two-storey building under construction in Calabar, the Cross River state capital.

The tragic incident Sunday Vanguard learned occurred at Muri Nta Eke Street off Ikot Eyo on Saturday afternoon as workers were trying to complete the second decking of the building.

Confirming the incident to Sunday Vanguard, Cross River state Commissioner for information, Mr Eric Anderson said that 13 workers were at the site before the incident but only 10 were there when it occurred as three took a break.

According to him: ”The people originally working at the site were 13 but three of them took a break before the incident, so only 10 were on the ground when the building collapsed.

“We can account for the 10 persons but the security guard told us that a boy was seen at the site seconds before the collapse.

”So we are here with our equipment to make sure we get to the bottom of the rubble, it is obvious that the contractor who happens to be the owner of the structure was also the site engineer and building engineer and all.

”He is a known person, he owns a hotel (name withheld) at Nsemo Street in Calabar, I have contacted him severally but he has refused to take his calls.

”From what we have seen so far at the site of the incident it is obvious he used substandard materials for the project. The mixtures, the blocks, and the iron rod used were all substandard.

“I’m also aware that the Ministry of Urban Planning and Development had written to him four months ago to stop building but he has been evasive, with this his details will definitely be made available to security agencies for due process.

“We are trying to get to the bottom of the rubble to make sure the boy is found, until then we will remain at site, we are also using this opportunity to let other illegal builders know that it’s no longer business as usual.

“We know it takes a rigorous process to get demolition approvals but we will take such stance to the next level and ensure that nothing like this ever happens again in Calabar and Cross River as a whole,”
Mr Anderson said.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/10-escape-death-one-missing-as-2-storey-building-collapses-in-calabar/

1 Like

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by Stargangz: 2:30am On Apr 30, 2023
My judgement;
Liyel Imoke should be arrested asap, while the engineer should be stoned to death wherever he's sighted.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 2:46am On Apr 30, 2023
did they used dust to mould those blocks?

22 Likes

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by AsomStructures: 8:11am On Apr 30, 2023
It breaks my heart to hear/see building collapses here and there. These things can be avoided. Firstly, aviod quacks, they come cheap but the aftermath effect can be very devastating, do proper soil test, follow structual specifications if it's a storey building, don't compromise on quality of materials no matter how tempted you're, there are also building laws and guidelines to follow which must be adhered to. I pray for quick recovery to those who are injured.

See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by YosemiteDan: 8:12am On Apr 30, 2023
cool
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by dododawa1: 8:13am On Apr 30, 2023
DANGOTE just please reduce price of CEMENT

17 Likes

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by Orathird: 8:13am On Apr 30, 2023
See the inferior block nawaoh

6 Likes

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by JackDaAlienz(m): 8:13am On Apr 30, 2023
Calabar still dey learn from Lagos

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by DiamondNimi(m): 8:13am On Apr 30, 2023
Imagine if majority of our building are skyscraper half of the country is dead

25 Likes

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by Igor33: 8:13am On Apr 30, 2023
Stargangz:
My judgement;
Liyel Imoke should be arrested asap, while the engineer should be stoned to death wherever he's sighted.
Nigerian engineers are very useless my brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by Mindlog: 8:14am On Apr 30, 2023
Sad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by Linuxdomains: 8:14am On Apr 30, 2023
people now value money more than human life.

3 Likes

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by simfrost90210: 8:15am On Apr 30, 2023
sad sad news on a Sunday morning.., why?

One of the reasons i never practised on field..
Our society is so overwhelmingly corrupt...
Our today's engineers are just not too good..

Peace..

1 Like

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by Fashypearl(f): 8:15am On Apr 30, 2023
We wake up to bad news each day in this country, why is it so?.

1 Like

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by Joconceptbest4(m): 8:15am On Apr 30, 2023
Everybody na engineer this dayz.

12 Likes

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by pretydiva(f): 8:17am On Apr 30, 2023
You can imagine. Only one man, contractor, engineer shocked

5 Likes

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by bigdammyj: 8:17am On Apr 30, 2023
God have mercy.

1 Like

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by Fedelma: 8:17am On Apr 30, 2023
Why this story of building collapse every week?
Oniistha is where you have the highest number of upstairs in Nigeria ( if you like doubt it) but you hardly hear such story.
Please Nigerians learn to use qualify building engineers & stop gambling with the life of our local labourers looking for daily meals

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:18am On Apr 30, 2023
Dangote cement has killed more Nigerians than natural disasters right 4rm it's inception!

Na me talk am, I no mince words!
cool

1 Like

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by kezienaira: 8:18am On Apr 30, 2023
Linuxdomains:
people now value money more than human life.

It has been so from time immemorial.
How much did Judas sell Christ for again? cool
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by aktolly54(m): 8:19am On Apr 30, 2023
If you are building 2 storey building, mould your block yourself. Don't rely on those people who are after their own profit and mould nonsense out there

3 Likes

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by visaclick: 8:20am On Apr 30, 2023
Clients prefer bricklayers who call themselves engineers because they are cheap. Their line to convince the clients is a couple pictures they snapped in an actual engineer site and claim they did the job themselves coupled with their low prices and clients would immediately give them the job hence the reason for incessant collapses.

7 Likes

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by tunwumi: 8:20am On Apr 30, 2023
Gh
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by ipobarecriminals: 8:21am On Apr 30, 2023
sad
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by Tribal: 8:21am On Apr 30, 2023
We all need to do better in this Country.

Biglol008:
Good afternoon Nairalanders, pls I need your advice. I’m married 28 years, no children yet. Newly wedded, I have a problem. I don’t last long on bed. I cum very quickly and it takes a long time like 4 hours for me to get another erection and most times it’s not very hard like my first erection.

I was told the nitric oxide in my body is low. Pls I need help. How do I boost my nitric oxide in my body or if there are any supplements let me buy.

I’m afraid if I don’t do anything now my wife might eventually cheat in the future. I no longer have my morning erection like some guys do. I have exercise, did ginger, garlic, bitter Kola nothing seems to be working.

What can I do to remedy my situation. Pls no talk of hospital health wise I’m very okay. No diabetics or anything no infection pls help me so I can save my marriage and my myself.
Very pathetically pitiful that I didn't see the most Healthy Solution to this Problem despite my reading most of this Threads. This is why many men have been dying young recently, drugs to impress female.

The most Healthy Solution is for you to know that Man was not Created to alone do all the Works of Sexual Activity while the Female so Selfishly and wickedly lay like a Log of wood waiting for you to hump yourself to Death in trying to Satisfy her and stabbing you in the Heart by calling you a Weak Man just for not taking Drugs that allow Demons to take Control of you Mental Faculty. You have started the First Part which is Daily Exercise which would also ensure your Longevity, the 2nd is below.

After pre-intimacy when she has become very Hot, ALWAYS allow her to Climb on top of your Wonder Staff of Authority and LET her Start the Thrusting up and down while you lay down and as disinterested as much as possible. Always insist that she Satisfy herself on you for the Minutes and Hours she wants even when she Complains of being tired tell her that you are enjoying it and she should Continue.

By the Time she has become very weak, you can then put your finger on her Clit as you rub it and another hand on her Nipple and tell her to still Continue thrusting up and down. This would make her to approach Orgasm already. By the time you finally Turn her to now start your own Thrusting as you Target hitting her G -Spot, she would Orgasm and cook the Best food for you that day as her Champion and lord.

ALWAYS Remember, DON'T Ever take Drugs to satisfy anybody! You will be killing Yourself small small and cutting off Years from the Ripe Age that you have been Destined to Live on Earth if you depend on Drug as your LORD and SAVIOUR for stupid myopic self-destructive Sexual boasting.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by Rubbiish(m): 8:23am On Apr 30, 2023
Fashypearl:
We wake up to bad news each day in this country, why is it so?.
Because a lot of people in the country are bad people
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 30, 2023
sad

The rate of Building 🏢 Collapsed nowadays is very alarming angry angry angry
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by canalily(m): 8:24am On Apr 30, 2023
One man squard, jack of trade master of substandard materials....you see your handwork You better pick calls before thunder tires your back
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by Nyanabo(m): 8:24am On Apr 30, 2023
Stargangz:
My judgement;

Is Liyel Imoke still the governor?

4 Likes

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Calabar, 10 Rescued, 1 Missing (Video, Photos) by canalily(m): 8:25am On Apr 30, 2023
One man squard, jack of all trade, master of substandard materials....you see your handwork You better pick calls before thunder tires your back

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing / Is Commercial Property Really An Investment / AFFORDABLE Land AND HOUSES FOR SALE @ IBEJU LEKKI, IKORODU, SHIMAWA, OTA ABUJA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.