Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Security/freedom For The Nigerian Girl Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Security/freedom For The Nigerian Girl Child (264 Views)

International Day Of The Girl Child: Share Amazing Things Your Daughter Has Done / The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola / 13 Things You Need To Teach Your “girl Child” At An Early Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Security/freedom For The Nigerian Girl Child by Lionize: 8:58am On Apr 30, 2023
yesterday i went to thrash some food waste, it was around past 1 am and I saw a young girl strolling home, alone. The bus stop is at least 100m away if she had came off the bus. Then I immediately wondered if this can happen in Nigeria. if circumstances leads to a Nigerian girl finding herself on the street at such 'ungodly' hour, then you know what chased her out is far worse than her fears (robbery, molestation, kidnapping for marathon sex or money ritual, etc).

I observed that it is common for group of girls who are friends go out to God-knows-where (it could be bars and clubs or movie theatre, the stadium, or just taking a walk) just by themselves, no male company. That means they pay their bills and are not afraid of any form of harassment from any man. Then I also thought to myself one day, are there Nigerian girls who do this without latching unto a man who will pay the bills or serve as security?

The kind of freedom girls enjoy out here makes one no longer afraid of having a female child. But in Nigeria, I honestly feel and get horrified most times about how vulnerable the girl child is. Some times when you see sex happen amongst Nigerian youths, it's not that the girl wanted it, it's because she has been cowered into it. She has come to a point that she knows that if she doesn't give in, she will be raped, so she simply tries to play along and get anything she can out of it, knowing fully well that she has walked into a trap already. And thereafter, she wouldn't dare voice it to anyone because every Nigerian believes that if you don't scream until you are heard, then you were not raped. I honestly feel for the Nigerian girl child/woman. My heart bleeds for them sometimes. The monsters they turn out to be as wives sometimes is as a result of what the society has pushed at them from birth.

Some places, even if a girl accepts to go to the club with you or visit you, and by any chance, she gets drunk (whether you purposely caused her to be or not), and sex happens. She can claim you took advantage of her and tag it rape, so long as she felt bad when she realised you had sex with her. But if it's in Nigeria, the girl will rather be shamed if she ever tries that. This is the major reason when Nigerian women are taken abroad by their husbands, they turn to devils. They simply want to get a revenge against the Nigerian system, which her husband belongs to, they want to feel the power the Nigerian Society never let them have, with 'jara' on top.

I stand with the Nigerian woman and I propose freedom and utmost security for the Nigerian girl-child.

(1) (Reply)

Sold / Neatly HP LCD Monitor For Sale. / Anambra Igbo Tradition Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.