Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,265 members, 7,860,613 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:18 PM

Nigerian school system is responsible for 40% of poverty in the country. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian school system is responsible for 40% of poverty in the country. (550 Views)

Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? / 2face's Marriage: Which Of Them Is Truly Responsible For The Toxic Marriage? / Nigerian Lady Celebrates Her Divorce, Calls Out Those Responsible For It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian school system is responsible for 40% of poverty in the country. by Nice2023(m): 4:01pm On Apr 30, 2023
Many graduates with no financial education.

Ask a Masters holder or even a professor in Nigeria where he or she can invest 20million naira now...many of them will tell u real estate.

The kind of answer u will get,will eventually tell u why u have too many poor people in the country.

If u agree or disagree with me,u can state ur reasons.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian school system is responsible for 40% of poverty in the country. by JOACHINpedro: 8:46pm On Apr 30, 2023
Interesting, what do you propose?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian school system is responsible for 40% of poverty in the country. by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On Apr 30, 2023
Nice2023:
■ Many graduates with no financial education. Ask a master holder or even a professor in Nigeria where he or she can invest 20million naira now...many of them will tell u real estate. The kind of answer u will get,will eventually tell u why u have too many poor people in the country. If u agree or disagree with me,u can state ur reasons.
1. What percentage goes to lack of necessary informal education? undecided
Re: Nigerian school system is responsible for 40% of poverty in the country. by Puss360(f): 12:28am On May 01, 2023
Well that's true.... The educational system needs total overhaul.....
We are too in a haste to "Graduate" and have certificate.....
The rush to finish school quick....
Everybody wants to be called a graduate..
We have lots of universities, lots of graduate, but very few with entrepreneurial skills....
As a developing country, we need to channel our educational system to courses and subjects that deals on handwork, skills, and practical....
A graduate of economics here, that can't get a good job, will be happy doing menial jobs abroad... Instead of doing it here...
Some day, we will get there

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian school system is responsible for 40% of poverty in the country. by ecolime(m): 5:50am On May 01, 2023
Nice2023:
Many graduates with no financial education.

Ask a Masters holder or even a professor in Nigeria where he or she can invest 20million naira now...many of them will tell u real estate.

The kind of answer u will get,will eventually tell u why u have too many poor people in the country.

If u agree or disagree with me,u can state ur reasons.

This got me 🤣

1 Like

Re: Nigerian school system is responsible for 40% of poverty in the country. by Nice2023(m): 7:20am On May 01, 2023
The Nigerian school only trains u to become an employee and nothing more,in fact,if u are thinking of setting up a business after graduateion someone around u will kindly inform or rather creates the fear that eight out of ten businesses collapse every year.

And the trend continues to geometrically increase the number of poor people in the country as we speak.

In todays Nigeria, almost every graduates becomes depressed at the point of graduation all because of the thoughts of getting a job or not getting at all.

Nigerian lecturers are another factor that cannot motivate one enough as they too are employees who depend solely on government for survival.
Re: Nigerian school system is responsible for 40% of poverty in the country. by Divoc19(f): 8:10am On May 01, 2023
I couldn't agree more.
Every year they graduate half baked brains that can't fend for themselves or fix any societal issue.
Senior High Cert is supposed to provide for a family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian school system is responsible for 40% of poverty in the country. by samwash(m): 8:51pm On May 01, 2023
When you ask an average Nigerian graduate,"if you are giving say 5milliom now what can you do with it?"
Answer; let the money comes first ideals will enter my head.
Meaning there is no ideal anywhere.
Another factor, we tend to like the easy way out, though we are in the digital times, nobody wants to invest in offline market, that's where the real money is.
Money will always flow to where there's solutions. The first rule of an entrepreneur.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian school system is responsible for 40% of poverty in the country. by haybhi1(m): 1:55am On May 14, 2023
This person has barely spoken with a professor all his life about this before o, but here he is blaming them for his and the nation's woes. Keep it up
Re: Nigerian school system is responsible for 40% of poverty in the country. by Aurelius1(m): 6:50am On May 14, 2023
samwash:
When you ask an average Nigerian graduate,"if you are giving say 5milliom now what can you do with it?"
Answer; let the money comes first ideals will enter my head.

Meaning there is no ideal anywhere.
Another factor, we tend to like the easy way out, though we are in the digital times, nobody wants to invest in offline market, that's where the real money is.
Money will always flow to where there's solutions. The first rule of an entrepreneur.
It makes no sense asking somebody what he can do with 5 million when there is no 5 million to give to him. They are right in wanting the money to come first.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian school system is responsible for 40% of poverty in the country. by Nobody: 8:43am On May 14, 2023
School system all over the world is not built to make anybody rich. People choose to be wealthy and they work hard for it.

School is built to teach a man how to read, write and put down his thought on paper so anyone else can read them.

Humans from decades past have been known to command wealth despite not being educated in the school system.

Many in Nigeria think school is to help them become rich. So, when they don't become rich, they shout school na scam!

All over the world, people don't get rich for the sheer reason of being educated in a school.
Re: Nigerian school system is responsible for 40% of poverty in the country. by Nobody: 8:47am On May 14, 2023
Aurelius1:
It makes no sense asking somebody what he can do with 5 million when there is no 5 million to give to him. They are right in wanting the money to come first.

Idea rules the world. Every great thing was first birthed as an idea. If you don't have an idea and money comes you will fumble with it and in the space of waiting for idea. The money can be squandered.
I have seen this happen many times.

Nigerian youth still haven't grab the power behind idea they think money first.
Idea is what is behind every great invention and businesses you see. It is never moneThe ideadea that solves problems bring money

(1) (Reply)

Why Do I Still Love My Ex After 2 Years? / Come In Here For Your Charcoal Stove / Dear Parents,100 Students To Get 10,000 Naira Each At Chronxmedia Promo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.