Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries (40603 Views)

Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. / The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You / Minimum Wage: Is The New Agreed Percentages For Basic PayOr Net Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by tonicyril: 8:30am On May 01, 2023
Karleb:

I'm his son, he retired some 6 years ago and he was never a top earner. That's the truth.

On that, that's Nigeria for you o. Some years ago, na big man you be for that your monthly income.

You can imagine how people earning 50k are surviving with mouths to feed. Chai!!🤐😳
For Ur last statement, I swear I am looking for those people, I need to understudy them aswear..they need to give me lecture.. because as a dey see am so make e no be like say na village people dey open person file grin

Within last week alone I squandered 70k...it's remaining only 5k inside this money... embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:44am On May 01, 2023
IbeOkehie:

A lot of that money....not all, but a lot of it...comes from relatives abroad. It's not too hard to figure out.

Don't mind them. You are very correct.

To add to your contributions here,

1. some of them might even be corrupt politicians pikin, friends, relatives, cronies and the likes.

2. Might b from proceed of drug biz, robbery, bribery, extortion, fraud contract corruption in high and low places, kidnapping or even terrorism and not to forget Yahoo Yahoo.

I don't envy these guys at all,

@ Emmaodet please be cautious o... Calm down, make all man maintain their lane/level smiley and we go dey all right laslas.

If you try emulate, copy, replicate these chairmen doings, you go wound o, your bank account fit wound o...

If some of these chairmen with the doings show you their bank account shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by Countersam(m): 8:56am On May 01, 2023
Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by fellom(m): 9:22am On May 01, 2023
THIS ONE NA LIE OOOOO THE LAST TIME I CHECKED MINIMUM WAGE IS 18,000($24.4) WHILE MAXIMIUM IS 30,000($42.3), NOW TELL ME WHERE YOU GOT YOUR $160 (102,950 NAIRA) FROM. THE ONLY TIME YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE UNDERPAID IS WHEN YOU ORDER A BOTTLE OF WINE IN A 5STAR HOTEL FROM THAT SALARY OF YOURS.
politicoNG:

https://twitter.com/stats_feed/status/1652650114228559872?s=19
Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by IbeOkehie: 10:21am On May 01, 2023
emmaodet:

It is not relatives abroad.
No one will be sending you money monthly for your upkeep. No one.

I am close to these people and I know it is not relatives.
Do you actually think it is interesting sending money to people on monthly basis?
Many people are making money in Nigeria, you better don't be deceived with the harshness of the economy.
How they do it, I don't know.

shocked

I myself have maintained relatives at very high living standards in Nigeria. I did it for DECADES, not so much now. My elderly mother still does it now, she pays rent and school fees for multiple families in Nigeria. Same with my mother-in-law who also lives here in the USA. This isn't about being immodest or anything, just about EVERY Nigerian here sends tens of thousands of dollars into Nigeria every year. Supporting relatives in Nigeria is the highest financial expense for most middle class diasporans.

I personally know Nigerians resident in the USA that have built or bought houses...actually mansions...in VGC, FESTAC in Lagos, inside Abuja and posh areas of Port Harcourt, World Bank Estate in Owerri. Their relatives live in those houses. These are my friends and acquaintances.

They also ship them late model cars and pay their childrens school fees to the best private schools. There are Nigerians who send regular shipments of FOOD and household consumer items to their relatives in Nigeria. Yes, go to any Nigerian owned shipping business in the USA and ask. I know a doctor here that even ships WATER and soft drinks to his people in Nigeria. No, you didn't misread. Yes, WATER.

And it's not just individuals. Most Nigerian churches are also highly dependent on remittances from their branches or members abroad. My wife regularly sends money to her home village church and also in Lagos. I know an oil & gas engineer that built a church in Port Harcourt, this is a lady I went to school with.

Nigerians abroad send home $10 to $25 billion every year. The last 5 years those remittances have been higher than the budget and/or revenues of the Federal Government of Nigeria. People in Nigeria get that money and they spend it.

We don't need to argue about this please.

Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by Goalnaldo(m): 10:27am On May 01, 2023
blowjohn:

Wlcm
Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by blowjohn(m): 10:37am On May 01, 2023
Goalnaldo:
sorry to disturb boss, have you sent it?
No. Give till till 2pm
Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by LordAdam16: 11:15am On May 01, 2023
emmaodet:

Do you actually think it is interesting sending money to people on monthly basis?
Many people are making money in Nigeria, you better don't be deceived with the harshness of the economy.

The bolded is so true.

People dey cash out for this country. Nothing extravagant. Just enough to keep them going and achieve modest goals. A used car. Buy a land. Once you can pay your bills and rent a flat, start planning/saving up to start a building project.

That said, it could also probably be confirmation bias. If you don't personally know a lot of actual broke people--living on loans (credit), kids go to essentially free public school, they live in face-me-I-slap-you where they owe rent that's around 200% of minimum wage, only buy second-hand (Okrika); you'd just go to a Mall or Cinema parking lot and think Nigeria is a robust middle income country.

In any case, we have a fledging middle class. Our population makes it seem like all classes have huge numbers. From the money bags building empty luxury estates to the trench dwellers not knowing where the next meal is coming from.

-Lord

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by des4ella(m): 11:52am On May 01, 2023
Cmjarg:

Am a level 7 step 8 of Lagos State government staff I earn 121k monthly and federal government salary is high than state
I need to leave diz federal job and look for Lagos state government job ooh
Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by Cmjarg(m): 12:16pm On May 01, 2023
des4ella:
I need to leave diz federal job and look for Lagos state government job ooh
I have a level 8 staff of federal government who earn 174k
Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by des4ella(m): 12:34pm On May 01, 2023
Cmjarg:

I have a level 8 staff of federal government who earn 174k
Hah!!! Wahala dey ooh na b dey use our head for diz FG work.
Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by seguno2: 1:42pm On May 01, 2023
emmaodet:
I think this is common to 3rd world countries.

Salaries are low but people living above income.
I guess corruption is normalized here.
My of my friends in church earning 400k drive brand new cars, I mean brand new jeeps and I earn far far far above them so I wonder where they get this money from.
Even their doings - buying properties, donations in church, you start wondering if you people are in the same country.
EFCC needs to start investigating income earned to life style proportion and over 50% of Nigerian working class would be hauled off to jail.

Please why EFCC and not the tax authorities
Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by emmaodet: 2:44pm On May 01, 2023
LordAdam16:

The bolded is so true.

People dey cash out for this country. Nothing extravagant. Just enough to keep them going and achieve modest goals. A used car. Buy a land. Once you can pay your bills and rent a flat, start planning/saving up to start a building project.

That said, it could also probably be confirmation bias. If you don't personally know a lot of actual broke people--living on loans (credit), kids go to essentially free public school, they live in face-me-I-slap-you where they owe rent that's around 200% of minimum wage, only buy second-hand (Okrika); you'd just go to a Mall or Cinema parking lot and think Nigeria is a robust middle income country.

In any case, we have a fledging middle class. Our population makes it seem like all classes have huge numbers. From the money bags building empty luxury estates to the trench dwellers not knowing where the next meal is coming from.

-Lord

You are right.
It may be fake life but then, I think it is corruption.
A sizeable percentage of Nigerian working class are seeing unofficial money at work.
Call it corruption, call it under-the-table money or whatever. One thing is for sure, the average Nigerian family is living above their official take home money.
When I was working in Nigeria, I do see behind-the-scene money of between 50% to 500% of my monthly salary per month depending on our activities and it is applicable in many sectors of the country be it police, immigration, teachers, etc.
My mum who was a headmistress always come home with atleast 5k per day weekdays aside her salary and I know she has been doing this even when she was a teacher
Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by babajero(m): 2:44pm On May 01, 2023
datola:
Average salary means it can be higher or lower.

Average salary in Canada is less than $3,000 and you have to pay rent of over $1 000 plus other bills and feeding.

What will now remain

Japa geng over to you.
1000 dollars

1 Like

Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by everyevery: 2:47pm On May 01, 2023
[Boss you are stating the obvious, but for those remittances, war would have long broke out in Nigeria because our useless leaders have pushed us to the war.
quote author=IbeOkehie post=122858353]

shocked

I myself have maintained relatives at very high living standards in Nigeria. I did it for DECADES, not so much now. My elderly mother still does it now, she pays rent and school fees for multiple families in Nigeria. Same with my mother-in-law who also lives here in the USA. This isn't about being immodest or anything, just about EVERY Nigerian here sends tens of thousands of dollars into Nigeria every year. Supporting relatives in Nigeria is the highest financial expense for most middle class diasporans.

I personally know Nigerians resident in the USA that have built or bought houses...actually mansions...in VGC, FESTAC in Lagos, inside Abuja and posh areas of Port Harcourt, World Bank Estate in Owerri. Their relatives live in those houses. These are my friends and acquaintances.

They also ship them late model cars and pay their childrens school fees to the best private schools. There are Nigerians who send regular shipments of FOOD and household consumer items to their relatives in Nigeria. Yes, go to any Nigerian owned shipping business in the USA and ask. I know a doctor here that even ships WATER and soft drinks to his people in Nigeria. No, you didn't misread. Yes, WATER.

And it's not just individuals. Most Nigerian churches are also highly dependent on remittances from their branches or members abroad. My wife regularly sends money to her home village church and also in Lagos. I know an oil & gas engineer that built a church in Port Harcourt, this is a lady I went to school with.

Nigerians abroad send home $10 to $25 billion every year. The last 5 years those remittances have been higher than the budget and/or revenues of the Federal Government of Nigeria. People in Nigeria get that money and they spend it.

We don't need to argue about this please.

Thanks. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by LordAdam16: 4:02pm On May 01, 2023
emmaodet:

You are right.
It may be fake life but then, I think it is corruption.
A sizeable percentage of Nigerian working class are seeing unofficial money at work.
Call it corruption, call it under-the-table money or whatever. One thing is for sure, the average Nigerian family is living above their official take home money.
When I was working in Nigeria, I do see behind-the-scene money of between 50% to 500% of my monthly salary per month depending on our activities and it is applicable in many sectors of the country be it police, immigration, teachers, etc.
My mum who was a headmistress always come home with atleast 5k per day weekdays aside her salary and I know she has been doing this even when she was a teacher

Yea. The stats do not accurately reflect the actual take-home of Nigeria's working class.

And I agree that it is corruption.

A lot of practices that in the West will earn an ethics complaint at best or a multi-year felony are conveniently ignored in Nigeria. Interestingly, no one has a problem with it. Including the so-called religious leaders and their "may my helper locate me" pew.

On some level, the Nigerian populace deserve no sympathy. It's a Wild West, Mad Max situation. The sh*t they pull and are willing to pull if given the opportunity is eye-opening. It is especially hilarious when they expect to earn multiples of their income tax-free through morally grey schemes, but blow a gasket when contractors refuse to work on projects they've received payment for or some creative mfker says a snake swallowed millions.

It's like "F*ck you, I've got mine", now you go adhere to the same laws and ethical guidelines I flouted. Oh, I'm just a commoner and one of the "poor masses", so my corruption doesn't count. Now, those big baddies that use the exact same schemes I've leveraged to siphon billions. They deserve the death penalty. Unless they're from my village, state, or region and are demonstrably generous with their loot. In which case, their corruption is justified.

Now, why don't I get unemployment benefits/childcare credits/dividends (like Alaskans), universal healthcare, free education to tertiary level for my wards, and a bazillion other "dividends of democracy"?

-Lord

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by Thomasankara(m): 4:11pm On May 01, 2023
[/color] maybe dollar don become 210 you know😃[color=#770077]
MatrixReloaded:
145$ for Nigeria na lie o. Do the exchange rate e don pass 30k o for civil workers.

If your govt don pay nsyc staff's reach 145$ den tell me if nysc no be higher level for person wey graduate put for him kontri.

Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by LordAdam16: 4:14pm On May 01, 2023
seguno2:

Please why EFCC and not the tax authorities

Ideally, it'd be both.

But currently the tax guys do not strike as much fear to an average Nigerian as EFCC.

Not to mention, the tax guys are all about collecting their 25% max cut. EFCC will seize everything and lock the offender up.

-Lord

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by emmaodet: 4:55pm On May 01, 2023
LordAdam16:

Yea. The stats do not accurately reflect the actual take-home of Nigeria's working class.

A lot of practices that in the West will earn an ethics complaint at best or a multi-year felony are conveniently ignored in Nigeria. Interestingly, no one has a problem with it. Including the so-called religious leaders and their "may my helper locate me" pew.

On some level, the Nigerian populace deserve no sympathy. It's a Wild West, Mad Max situation. The sh*t they pull and are willing to pull if given the opportunity is eye-opening. It is especially hilarious when they expect to earn multiples of their income tax-free through morally grey schemes, but blow a gasket when contractors refuse to work on projects they've received payment for or some creative mfker says a snake swallowed millions.

It's like "F*ck you, I've got mine", now you go adhere to the same laws and ethical guidelines I flouted. Oh, I'm just a commoner and one of the "poor masses", so my corruption doesn't count. Now, those big baddies that use the exact same schemes I've leveraged to siphon billions. They deserve the death penalty. Unless they're from my village, state, or region and are demonstrably generous with their loot. In which case, their corruption is justified.

Now, why don't I get unemployment benefits/childcare credits/dividends (like Alaskans), universal healthcare, free education to tertiary level for my wards, and a bazillion other "dividends of democracy"?

-Lord

grin grin grin grin

Abeg Lord Adam leave me jare.

-Lord
Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by seguno2: 5:43pm On May 01, 2023
LordAdam16:

-Lord

Thanks for beautifully exposing our hypocrisy and self induced stupidity to ensure that we have a continuously worsening society.

1 Like

Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by emmaodet: 6:22am On May 03, 2023
Kaa4:
I wish people understand the report. There are Nigerians in this country who earn more than NGN2,500,000 per month as well as those that earn NGN15,000. per month. Average is a composite figure. I think the report is credible. You can now do your math to know where to relocate to!

Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by LagBlogger(m): 10:45am On May 03, 2023
emmaodet:

Don't mind the clown. Any opportunity to show that Nigerians abroad are the ones supporting Nigerians at home he will quickly jump to start spewing rubbish.

The remittances from abroad is less than 4% of GDP so how does this make sense?

To answer you, a lot of people do undercover runs in naija. Some are legit, others are not but don't underrate many people who have jobs, their job is a front to access contracts and side hustles that brings them cool cash on the side.

They won't share their secret because they don't want to lose their privilege.

But not all are legit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by emmaodet: 12:42pm On May 03, 2023
LagBlogger:

Don't mind the clown. Any opportunity to show that Nigerians abroad are the ones supporting Nigerians at home he will quickly jump to start spewing rubbish.

The remittances from abroad is less than 4% of GDP so how does this make sense?

To answer you, a lot of people do undercover runs in naija. Some are legit, others are not but don't underrate many people who have jobs, their job is a front to access contracts and side hustles that brings them cool cash on the side.

They won't share their secret because they don't want to lose their privilege.

But not all are legit.

Don't mind that idiot "Abroad Supremacists" attitude.
They feel all Nigerians at home are suffering and the ones abroad are the one feeding everyone at home. Without them, people at home will die.
Any small thing, they will quickly point out abroad people $25b remittance as if that is what is floating the economy here.
Many remittances are even from fraud(yahoo), drugs money that needs to be cleaned back into our economy. There is even a sizeable percentage of Nigerians working from Nigeria earning dollars like the IT guys working remotely likewise many people working outside the country but mandatorily must send money home.
I work outside Nigeria, likewise hundreds of Nigerians working in Qatar, Saudi etc offshore, guys working on LNG tankers and many more industries that earn in dollars and being paid into our Dom account.
Unlike the abroad guys that may likely not send money home in months probably saving, or servicing loans abroad or trying to pay for school fees, we working outside have no choice than to send our money home on monthly basis because our family is here, Nigeria is our final destination after few months of work so our own remittance is even constant. Whether we like it or not, we have to send it home.
If 1000 Nigerians are working outside and been paid $5000 each monthly, that is $5m monthly quietly without noise and 600m dollars yearly and this will be added to abroad remittance plus fraud/yahoo money plus drug cleaner money and so more yet abroad guys won't let us rest with remittances.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by LagBlogger(m): 1:06pm On May 03, 2023
emmaodet:

Don't mind that idiot "Abroad Supremacists" attitude.
They feel all Nigerians at home are suffering and the ones abroad are the one feeding everyone at home. Without them, people at home will die.
Any small thing, they will quickly point out abroad people $25b remittance as if that is what is floating the economy here.
Many remittances are even from fraud(yahoo), drugs money that needs to be cleaned back into our economy. There is even a sizeable percentage of Nigerians working from Nigeria earning dollars like the IT guys working remotely likewise many people working outside the country but mandatorily must send money home.
I work outside Nigeria, likewise hundreds of Nigerians working in Qatar, Saudi etc offshore, guys working on LNG tankers and many more industries that earn in dollars and being paid into our Dom account.
Unlike the abroad guys that may likely not send money home in months probably saving, or servicing loans abroad or trying to pay for school fees, we working outside have no choice than to send our money home on monthly basis because our family is here, Nigeria is our final destination after few months of work so our own remittance is even constant. Whether we like it or not, we have to send it home.
If 1000 Nigerians are working outside and been paid $5000 each monthly, that is $5m monthly quietly without noise and 600m dollars yearly and this will be added to abroad remittance plus fraud/yahoo money plus drug cleaner money and so more yet abroad guys won't let us rest with remittances.

Yeah. Very irritating attitude. Local demand for forex for imports outstrips remittances by a mile. Majority of these importers are big time traders living in Nigeria with scores of businesses that patronize each of them.

Local trade and services generate 100s of billions of dollars per annum in revenue and the Nigerian economy is largely informal.

A lot of people (running into millions) do businesses that are not captured formally within the banking system and hence not included in GDP computations.

Even CBN alluded to this out of 3.3 trillion in circulation less than 500 billion was within the banking system hence why they tried to impose cashless policy.

A lot of millionaires doing business without paying tax but spending it locally. Remittances cannot match these in any way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by deji17: 6:28pm On May 03, 2023
Britishcoins:

Life is risky everywhere... They can sack you anyday any time...
Self employment must be expanded atleast every 2 years... If you are doing any business and not expanding u are not yet serious

Sometimes your business flop for no fault of yours. You confirm what I said about high risk of business. Meanwhile while they sack you at work, sometimes all you have to lose is that particular job and maybe income for few months, that is if you don't get severance package. Whereas in business, you may lose all your investments, even add debt join am, your health in the process.
Don't get me wrong. Having your own business is desirable but may not be for everyone. You need to be aware of the risk before plunging into it.
"Get Rich or Die Trying" may not be everybody goal. Some may just want to be average that is not poor nor rich .
This is reality check information, free of charge.
Re: See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries by jannzy82: 1:36am On Nov 25, 2023
Estimated national average yearly salary is 3,943,871 NGN (5,140 USD). Value indicated is pre-tax.
Cost of living in Nigeria: https://optisalary.com/countries?country=nigeria
source: https://optisalary.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

9 Clear Signs You Will Be Poor - FinancialSlot / Japa: Top 5 Lucrative Side Hustles For Nigerians To Survive In UK, Canada / Sergeant First Class Ifeanyi Rapu Honored In The US After Completing 3-Year Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.