Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

How Arik Air Became Moribund Under AMCON In 5 Years — Vanguard - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Arik Air Became Moribund Under AMCON In 5 Years — Vanguard (17100 Views)

Arik Air Keeps Mum On AMCON’s Planned International Airline / Arik Air To Be Renamed Nigeria Eagle / No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Arik Air Became Moribund Under AMCON In 5 Years — Vanguard by TippuTip: 3:21pm On May 01, 2023
dre11:
••• operational aircraft, staff strength dip 81%, 85%

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/05/how-arik-air-became-moribund-under-amcon-in-5-years-investigation/

Alaba turn Arik company to im workchopgrin
Re: How Arik Air Became Moribund Under AMCON In 5 Years — Vanguard by ivolt: 3:27pm On May 01, 2023
PROUDIGBO:

I argued 'bail out with conditions and/or the gov't taking majority control till whatever borrowed state funds are fully paid back'! A similar thing was done with the UK banks and some US motor manucacturing coys i previously mentioned! AMCON went in as a kind of undertaker....to dismember, finish off and bury the company!
What you argue is very close to what AMCON is doing, that is, to guarantee Arik loans.
The only difference is that they removed the airline management and took over which
is wrong because airline can't be ran by random inexperienced people.

3 Likes

Re: How Arik Air Became Moribund Under AMCON In 5 Years — Vanguard by josite: 3:40pm On May 01, 2023
ivolt post=122860882\

:

If the ex-management of Arik were competent, they wouldn't borrow money they can't pay back.
They were using loans to cover up their failures.

AMCON is not there to run business but as a creditor hoping to recover back its loans.

You obviously miss the basics about the receiver-mager. amcon digs her own grave by creating herculean bottlenecks for firms and advisers with plenty wisdom/competence to help them achieve their objectives.They mistake large financial chest on balance sheet for competence and therefore severely restrict their pool of advisers.

in my view Nigeria simply happens to amcon/arik rather than best practices in receiver/manager. though my opinion,i did try to be fair.
Re: How Arik Air Became Moribund Under AMCON In 5 Years — Vanguard by bionixs: 3:41pm On May 01, 2023
slimfit1:
Buhari happened to the airline, may Buhari not happen to us again in Jesus name.
the one wey won happen to una now go pass buhari .

Until all the injustice meted and being meted to Igbos are duly addressed, it will be downward trend. Even if the leaders mean well. It is not ordinary. If you like , insult me or shout “God forbid “. Howfar with those before Buhari? When Nigeria is close to getting it right , they will blow it to shreds. This is not ordinary
Re: How Arik Air Became Moribund Under AMCON In 5 Years — Vanguard by Charly68: 3:42pm On May 01, 2023
AMCON is like a deliverer that needs deliverance.. very funny organization

1 Like

Re: How Arik Air Became Moribund Under AMCON In 5 Years — Vanguard by toprealman: 3:54pm On May 01, 2023
slimfit1:
Buhari happened to the airline, may Buhari not happen to us again in Jesus name.
Hope you are aware we have a worse than Buhari lurking around.....
Re: How Arik Air Became Moribund Under AMCON In 5 Years — Vanguard by Ciromaminna: 4:38pm On May 01, 2023
Glock22:

Got samples ?
sure please
Re: How Arik Air Became Moribund Under AMCON In 5 Years — Vanguard by spiralwedge(m): 4:59pm On May 01, 2023
The journalists could have tried harder by listing the names of people running AMCON.
Thos would have helped a great deal. But as usual, they hide under these names
Re: How Arik Air Became Moribund Under AMCON In 5 Years — Vanguard by PreyingMantis(m): 5:20pm On May 01, 2023
slimfit1:
Thiefnumbu is set to happen to Nigerians unless God intervenes.... And Thiefnumbu is Buhari Pro Max. Nigerians are in for a long and bumpy ride
Re: How Arik Air Became Moribund Under AMCON In 5 Years — Vanguard by Average9jaman: 6:45pm On May 01, 2023
1 word. Corruption.
Re: How Arik Air Became Moribund Under AMCON In 5 Years — Vanguard by Bfly: 7:47pm On May 01, 2023
Those that sold out everything due to imcompetence wanted to rescue a dieing company. How possible?
Re: How Arik Air Became Moribund Under AMCON In 5 Years — Vanguard by Glock22: 9:06pm On May 01, 2023
Ciromaminna:
sure please

Waiting
Re: How Arik Air Became Moribund Under AMCON In 5 Years — Vanguard by Kobicove(m): 1:05am On May 02, 2023
SeaTrade:
Go Airport and see as airpeace flights choke lol,they don't even have enough carriers and check in counter space to accommodate the crowd. Dey play
This your analyses holds no water.
Poor management killed arik,end of story.

I agree with what Reference said...

From my personal experience the only times Airpeace flights are usually fully booked is early morning first flights from major cities or the last flight of the day. Flights during the afternoons are usually not fully booked except on Mondays or Fridays.

If you compare the frequency of flight departures for Oliver Tambo Airport in South Africa or the International Airport in Frankfurt, Germany you will realise that only very few people in Nigeria can actually afford to travel by air domestically when compared to the two countries I mentioned meanwhile Nigeria's population is greater than that of the other countries

What I am saying in a nutshell is that for airline business to be commercially viable in Nigeria the economy needs to improve so that more people can afford to travel by air within Nigeria which will enable the airlines make more money due to higher frequency of domestic flights

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Arik Air Became Moribund Under AMCON In 5 Years — Vanguard by Pointnoire(m): 4:53am On May 02, 2023
AMCON should have liquidated / the airline from the get go months before the take over the airline was under water ' their debt to assets ratio was heavily lop sided they were owing every repair organization

1 Like

Re: How Arik Air Became Moribund Under AMCON In 5 Years — Vanguard by SeaTrade(m): 5:47am On May 02, 2023
Kobicove:

I agree with what Reference said...

From my personal experience the only times Airpeace flights are usually fully booked is early morning first flights from major cities or the last flight of the day. Flights during the afternoons are usually not fully booked except on Mondays or Fridays.

If you compare the frequency of flight departures for Oliver Tambo Airport in South Africa or the International Airport in Frankfurt, Germany you will realise that only very few people in Nigeria can actually afford to travel by air domestically when compared to the two countries I mentioned meanwhile Nigeria's population is greater than that of the other countries

What I am saying in a nutshell is that for airline business to be commercially viable in Nigeria the economy needs to improve so that more people can afford to travel by air within Nigeria which will enable the airlines make more money due to higher frequency of domestic flights
Airpeace flights are full round the clock.
You'd be very naive to expect any airport in Nigeria to have as much air traffic as Frankfurt airport that is a hub for an airline as big as Lufthansa ,that flies all worldwide routes, bringing people from world over to catch their connecting flights from there.
You think na Germans dey inside all those planes ? undecided
Local flights in developed countries aren't such a thing because there's something called "rail",
If you've ever been to Europe,you'd notice that most airplanes air flying regionally,Germany to Spain,France,Holland,etc...This is politics.
There's some regional agreements that formed schengen which removed the political bottleneck for human movement, hence you'd have more frequent flights connecting large cities since people can now move with zero bureaucracy, Africa don't have that.
South Africa has South Africa Airways,that airport is their hub too,Same with Kenya,Ethiopia,Amsterdam Schipol that houses KLM,Nigeria has none...All those planes going to those airports are filled with people of different nationalities coming from different places trying to catch connecting flights and not locals.
Nigeria has a very robust middle class that can fly in planes easily, else Allen won't be buying planes up and down,
You're not smarter than him.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Arik Air Became Moribund Under AMCON In 5 Years — Vanguard by emmaodet: 6:13am On May 02, 2023
SeaTrade:
Airpeace flights are full round the clock.
You'd be very naive to expect any airport in Nigeria to have as much air traffic as Frankfurt airport that is a hub for an airline as big as Lufthansa ,that flies all worldwide routes, bringing people from world over to catch their connecting flights from there.
You think na Germans dey inside all those planes ? undecided
Local flights in developed countries aren't such a thing because there's something called "rail",
If you've ever been to Europe,you'd notice that most airplanes air flying regionally,Germany to Spain,France,Holland,etc...This is politics.
There's some regional agreements that formed schengen which removed the political bottleneck for human movement, hence you'd have more frequent flights connecting large cities since people can now move with zero bureaucracy, Africa don't have that.
South Africa has South Africa Airways,that airport is their hub too,Same with Kenya,Ethiopia,Amsterdam Schipol that houses KLM,Nigeria has none...All those planes going to those airports are filled with people of different nationalities coming from different places trying to catch connecting flights and not locals.
Nigeria has a very robust middle class that can fly in planes easily, else Allen won't be buying planes up and down,
You're not smarter than him.

I don't know why people look down at Nigerian middle class as if they virtually don't exist.
Bro, Nigeria has a very large middle class but what people see mostly are poor people.
A guy I am on his WhatsApp group advertised Kenya tour and within 2 days, 4 people already paid for it. 1.5m per person and it has always been like that.
His Rwanda tour, Dubai tour etc likewise other tour groups I am in.
A sizeable percentage of Nigerians are doing well and living good life

1 Like

Re: How Arik Air Became Moribund Under AMCON In 5 Years — Vanguard by SeaTrade(m): 6:39am On May 02, 2023
emmaodet:

I don't know why people look down at Nigerian middle class as if they virtually don't exist.
Bro, Nigeria has a very large middle class but what people see mostly are poor people.
A guy I am on his WhatsApp group advertised Kenya tour and within 2 days, 4 people already paid for it. 1.5m per person and it has always been like that.
His Rwanda tour, Dubai tour etc likewise other tour groups I am in.
A sizeable percentage of Nigerians are doing well and living good life
People always judge the world from their immediate perspectives,
Next time when you see them doing that,just know where it comes from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Arik Air Became Moribund Under AMCON In 5 Years — Vanguard by emmaodet: 7:34am On May 02, 2023
SeaTrade:
People always judge the world from their immediate perspectives,
Next time when you see them doing that,just know where it comes from.

Hmmmmmm
Re: How Arik Air Became Moribund Under AMCON In 5 Years — Vanguard by Nobody: 11:10am On May 02, 2023
Has AMCON now paid the debt since they took over?
ivolt:
If the ex-management of Arik were competent, they wouldn't borrow money they can't pay back.
They were using loans to cover up their failures.

AMCON is not there to run business but as a creditor hoping to recover back its loans.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mile 2/Apapa Expressway: The Agony Of Lagos Commuters / Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) / Dr. Zuwaira Hassan Dies In Accident In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.