Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,135 members, 7,863,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:27 AM

To Have A One-time Abortion Or Become A Single Mother? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To Have A One-time Abortion Or Become A Single Mother? (544 Views)

In This Case, Abortion Or No Abortion? / 29-Year-Old Mother Of 4 Dies After Abortion, Impregnated By 25-Year-Old Boyfrien / I'm A Proud Single Mother Of 9-Years-Old Dude; Lady Reveals On Facebook. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Have A One-time Abortion Or Become A Single Mother? by UnconventionalT: 5:03pm On May 01, 2023
Hi everyone cheesy
I have been on Twitter lately and it breaks my heart to see women getting bashed for either of the choices I have mentioned above.
Aside from promiscuity and using abortion at all time as the last resort to failed or unfailed contraception, there are a lot of women that have actually gotten pregnant for men they are in a relationship with and eventually left to handle the pregnancy on their own.

This doesn't leave married women out too(only that keeping the baby won't make then single mothers), I read how a lot of married women have gotten abortions because their husbands asked them to, or because he threatened not to be financially responsible for the baby when it's here.

As much as the crux of unprotected sex lies most with women, it takes two in reality to get pregnant. I have male relatives in their very late thirties that haven't gotten a woman pregnant before, because they try as much as possible to avoid a situation like that. A man that isn't ready to father a baby should at all times use a condom, it's unfair to leave a woman to decide the fate of what you both did.

A woman is shamed for having abortion(especially when she has no support from the responsible man), she is shamed for being a single mother too. This is something I can only imagine how difficult it would be, this will affect her career, her life choices, the chances of getting married in the future is reduced going by what I read online, the irresponsible man might show face 20 years later for reconciliation, the child will grow up and start looking for that father that never showed up. It's a lot of baggage.

Although I haven't been in a situation where I have to choose one of the two, but if I ever find myself in such situation, I think a one-time Abortion seems like the lesser of the two evils. I get to move on with my life and make better choices going forward.

As abortion no dey show for face, should a woman have a one-time abortion to prevent herself from future drama, or take responsibility(become a single mother) for actions of two people?

Y'all note that I said 'one-time Abortion' because this should never be a go to option for a failed contraceptive
Re: To Have A One-time Abortion Or Become A Single Mother? by Rechargeam247(f): 5:09pm On May 01, 2023
To abstain is better than all these options 😉

2 Likes

Re: To Have A One-time Abortion Or Become A Single Mother? by ItisWell22(f): 5:10pm On May 01, 2023
Let’s wait for the elders…
Re: To Have A One-time Abortion Or Become A Single Mother? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:14pm On May 01, 2023
sadly...these above choices are only due to YOUR OWN POOR CHOICES... if you were married and/or protected yourself when you were having sex for sport, then the above wouldnt have happened.
Re: To Have A One-time Abortion Or Become A Single Mother? by Timoleon(m): 5:15pm On May 01, 2023
Abortion. It’s ok to feel guilty for it. But it’s better than bringing a child into this world to suffer.

4 Likes

Re: To Have A One-time Abortion Or Become A Single Mother? by Draslo(m): 5:55pm On May 01, 2023
There's no such thing as one-time abortion. If you do it once, you're probably going to do it again.

Also, unless a woman is raped, she has the sole decision of allowing a raw dick inside her. You women are so funny. I've had one night stands that after like 20 minutes of straight nacking, you'll hear 'baby remove the condom'. I've heard this more than 100 times in my young life. Women! Ha! They will insist on condoms at first, when they see that you can actually last and have some control over your ejaculation, they initiate condom removal either verbally or physically.

1 Like

Re: To Have A One-time Abortion Or Become A Single Mother? by UnconventionalT: 6:30pm On May 01, 2023
Timoleon:
Abortion. It’s ok to feel guilty for it. But it’s better than bringing a child into this world to suffer.
Thanks. This is the only practical response I've seen.
Re: To Have A One-time Abortion Or Become A Single Mother? by UnconventionalT: 6:51pm On May 01, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
sadly...these above choices are only due to YOUR OWN POOR CHOICES... if you were married and/or protected yourself when you were having sex for sport, then the above wouldnt have happened.
I get your point, but marriage doesn't cover women when it comes to abortion. A lot of married women that are especially financially dependent on their husbands still go through an abortion if he says he isn't ready.

I have examples of this kind of scenery around me very well, tho I won't like to go into details. The only difference between a married woman and single woman when it comes to abortion and single parenting is that, the married woman is still having the baby in her husband's house, and except they tell people about it nobody will know the child isn't wanted by both of them.

I know a woman that her husband refused to name their last born because she decided to keep the baby against the husband's wish. That's because she had an abortion earlier before the last born's pregnancy.

Marriage doesn't prevent women from abortion, it just creates a sort of security in case she decides to keep the baby anyway. I haven't heard or read about a married man that sent his wife packing because she kept a baby he isn't ready for. And that is a good thing for the woman.
Re: To Have A One-time Abortion Or Become A Single Mother? by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:06pm On May 01, 2023
UnconventionalT:
I get your point, but marriage doesn't cover women when it comes to abortion. A lot of married women that are especially financially dependent on their husbands still go through an abortion if he says he isn't ready.

true... because having a child (or abortion) is the decision of both married people.... and if you guys understand that you cannot/shouldnt have another child, then so be it. it certainly wont feel as bas as if/when you are a single woman.

I have examples of this kind of scenery around me very well, tho I won't like to go into details. The only difference between a married woman and single woman when it comes to abortion and single parenting is that, the married woman is still having the baby in her husband's house, and except they tell people about it nobody will know the child isn't wanted by both of them.

having an unwanted child would be hard work for a sngle mother, while it wouldnt be for a married couple. it takes money and time to raise a child properly.

I know a woman that her husband refused to name their last born because she decided to keep the baby against the husband's wish. That's because she had an abortion earlier before the last born's pregnancy.

any woman who has a child against her husband's wishes deserves anything and everything she will get from her husband. this will never be a happy home nor a happy family. you cant call marriage a "union" if/when your partner is knowingly doing something against her partners wishes.

Marriage doesn't prevent women from abortion, it just creates a sort of security in case she decides to keep the baby anyway. I haven't heard or read about a married man that sent his wife packing because she kept a baby he isn't ready for. And that is a good thing for the woman.

somehow true, though many men openly gave up on their wife and went to look for solace elsewhere (aka with other women) because wife forced a baby on them (ultimate betrayal in marriage) AND/OR unwanted children being mistreated or unloved by their fathers because daddy didnt want them.

abortion under marriage doesnt feel as bad as abortion being a single woman...

abortion is abortion, the difference is that, having a child as a single parent is no joke...raising a child without a father figure in its life is no joke....
Re: To Have A One-time Abortion Or Become A Single Mother? by Nigerfine3: 3:25am On May 02, 2023
It all depends on you, your thought of survival in the future, what are your chances with the baby? Not all are lucky raising a child alone. My girl friend who later became my wife had an abortion ( our pregnancy at early stage of friendship). We married after 7 years or so, still went ahead and have kids without us remembering the past for once.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Male Footwears / A Father’s Reaction To His Daughter Choosing A Black Man For Prom... / Just Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.