Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,254 members, 7,864,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:16 PM

Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) (23190 Views)

Vehicle Conveying A Corpse Catches Fire Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (video) / Trailer-Loaded With Beer Falls Along Oji River Axis Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway / Update On The Lagos Light Rail, Eko Bridge Axis - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Ventura1: 9:12am On May 02, 2023
Is Long bridge in Lagos?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by wirinet(m): 9:13am On May 02, 2023
Saga16:
Next week, I would post photos of Lomdon being submerged by rain.

Maybe it is also a contradiction.

Poor example of "whataboutism". Yes flooding caused by flash flood, heavy rains or any other unexpected weather phenomena can occur anywhere in the world, but the difference is response and time it takes to get things back to normal. In London, emergency services would deal with such flooding within a matter of hours. In Lagos, the floods as a result of heavy downpour from last Thursday is yet to be dealt with. The Lagos State Government is yet to respond. They are more interested in revenue collection instead of offering services.

3 Likes

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Nawttiboi007(m): 9:13am On May 02, 2023
27 days to the D-day grin make the high voltage never shock u now
EgunMogaji2:
And yah all want to enter electric bus. I laugh in high voltage.
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Regladoj: 9:13am On May 02, 2023
DOptical:

The bullshit. I think you're projecting your village on Lagos. First, this is a federal road.

Where all the money went?

First, someone made such economy possible for Lagos to be generating a lot of money despite the fact that he met little, not helped by the seizure of Lagos' allocation by Obasanjo

So what the money was used for?

Investment into Lekki seaport.

Investment into Eko Atlantic

Investment into largest Africa rice mills

Investment into metro rail

Investment into Lekki free trade zone

And so-on..

Sanwolu is trying , I wish he also had plans for lagos inner roads like Ambode. Somebody close to him should draw this to his attention

1 Like

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by bal4real: 9:15am On May 02, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
The same man has just been elected president of federal republic of Nigeria angry
CORRECTION: He wasn't elected but SELECTED. He was imposed on us by INEC.

2 Likes

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Saga16: 9:17am On May 02, 2023
MasterJayJay:

A wise man would post the drainage infrastrutures of both cities and see the one that has a very poor drainage.

Does that change the fact that London would be flooded next week?

1 Like

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Die009: 9:17am On May 02, 2023
Tntsi:
Lagos is the biggest contradiction in the world Today.
The 5th largest economy in Africa ( which means it generates huge income),
yet one of the most unliveable places in the world due to
lack of social and health services, lack of order, no electricity, bad electricity, bad roads, bad transportation, no flood prevention, bad emergency services, failing schools, bad policing, bad sanitation and more.
The question begging to be answered is where has all this huge income gone?

Is your state secured than Lagos state how about education in your state, can it match Lagos ? Lagos has the best emergency services can we say that about your state where is all the money your state is making going ? Ask yourself

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Krugisback(m): 9:17am On May 02, 2023
Overrated slum let this in happen ebonyi they would even blame peter obi, useless thugs and nerds
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Kobicove(m): 9:18am On May 02, 2023
Saga16:
Next week, I would post photos of Lomdon being submerged by rain.

Maybe it is also a contradiction.

You dey mind that idiat undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Saga16: 9:18am On May 02, 2023
wirinet:

Poor example of "whataboutism". Yes flooding caused by flash flood, heavy rains or any other unexpected weather phenomena can occur anywhere in the world, but the difference is response and time it takes to get things back to normal. In London, emergency services would deal with such flooding within a matter of hours. In Lagos, the floods as a result of heavy downpour from last Thursday is yet to be dealt with. The Lagos State Government is yet to respond. They are more interested in revenue collection instead of offering services.

London would not do Jack about it.

The best they would do is give flood warning ⚠️.

You guys think they are superhuman.

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by richie240: 9:19am On May 02, 2023
Badmouthing d hand dt feeds unis one of d reasons why ur 'villages' will remain backward and her indigo es continue to run away from them.
.u be yibó abi?
cool
Tntsi:
lack of social and health services, lack of order, no electricity, bad electricity, bad roads, bad transportation, no flood prevention, bad emergency services, failing schools, bad policing, bad sanitation and more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by clydecarson(m): 9:20am On May 02, 2023
Laveq:
Please dear people of Nairaland forgive me,
Have mercy on me, if I can help myself I won't be here begging for your help, please come to my aid, I've been seeking assistance on nairaland, I'm  celestine am 31 year of age frm Enugu State Awgu L G A.
I have a spine injury @ neck that has have keeps me indoor mostly for d past 15 years. It also affected my hand making me not able to use my finger normally i.e I can't pick up thing from floor
. my problem now is that life has been very difficult for us I and my aged mom.she is been sick now for long bcuz of 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧s cause by poorly manage dia-betes

to provide food and some medicine is hard, my family has been supporting us but the burden haz been too heavy, have been strugling with life since then to survives. I don't have anything doing for now.living with pains and bed sore on both Buttocks and continual urine Infection
Not able to for
routine hospital visit due lack of funds
Please I am pleading to well meaning Nigerians come to our aid I need your financial help to enable go for medical, the last doctor i see said I need to do MRI scan test, which I don't have the funds for now,pls no matter how
Small it will enable us get some medicine,food and other basic items for my daily SCI cares. I depend on some medical supplies for survival . For d past few months I have been getting terribly sick always .pls I need your help.
Acct num:
Celestine
First Bank
Location: Nkpor anambra state.am available for call video/physical verification my phone number and address is not hidden.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj5VJtZTnaY

thanks.please come to my aid I don't have any other choice, thanks

Scammer oshiii

2 Likes

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by theamazonguru(m): 9:20am On May 02, 2023
Tntsi:

This is one example of natural disasters.
It happens in many advanced countries too.

What would you say about the constant wild fire in California, earth quakes in Turkey, Hurricane (Hurricane Catrina - Florida America, etc) and Thyphoons (e.g Typhoon Kammuri, known in the Philippines as Typhoon Tisoy) in many major Asian and Western cities.

Would you attribute all of these to lack of planning and preventive measures put in place.

Everything should not be about politics Biko.

For your information, Lagos is a coastal city and more prone to water related disaster.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Draslo(m): 9:21am On May 02, 2023
Tntsi:

Have some sense. This is a federal highway

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by MrAgbako: 9:21am On May 02, 2023
Massiveglory:
See lagoon. Sorry lagos
100 times still better than your potopoto sad east region

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 9:22am On May 02, 2023
Nawttiboi007:
27 days to the D-day grin make the high voltage never shock u now

I don’t care about politics in this banana republic. I’m talking about the new Lagos state electric buses.

1 Like

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:25am On May 02, 2023
Tntsi:

Another brainless dummy who doesn’t understand when people talk about climate change and it’s hazard.
When we show pictures of New York submerged in water you come here to defend America notwithstanding that they are one of the biggest environmental threats to our planet today

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Olamilekan1555(m): 9:25am On May 02, 2023
DOptical:

The bullshit. I think you're projecting your village on Lagos.

Meanwhile, Lagos-Ibadan express is a federal road, not necessarily Lagos government's responsibility. Lagos government will first have to take orders from the federal government if they want to construct the road.

Where all the money went?

First, let me point out that someone made such economy possible for Lagos to be generating a lot of money despite the fact that he met little, not helped by the seizure of Lagos' allocation by Obasanjo

So what the money was used for?

Investment into Lekki seaport.

Investment into Eko Atlantic

Investment into largest Africa rice mills

Investment into metro rail

Investment into Lekki free trade zone

Regular payment of salaries and Pensions..

And so-on..

God bless you.. you mention all this that the income generated from Lagos was use for them what about the Loan ( over 1 trillion debit both domestic and international if not more than that) what the they use it for? and point of correction because you create a way to generate high revenue does that means you must take huge percentage on a monthly basis even after your tenure. let grow up and start asking questions from our leaders instead of defending them.

1 Like

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by AKWATGOLD1(m): 9:27am On May 02, 2023
Tntsi, point of correction, this is flood and you need to know what is causes of flood is construction of unapproved structure along waterways and when government mark those structures for demolition, it is same people will crying that this government is wicked this and that. Also note that flood is also natural disaster just like hurricane katrina or thomas been experience in america despite having good electricity and road the hurricane still dealt with such country.

Tntsi:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Nicenixon: 9:28am On May 02, 2023
Tntsi:

go and ask your dead grandpa. Ask your state's governor where the revenue meant for state is first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by lekanation(m): 9:30am On May 02, 2023
xxxtedyxxx:
Omo...

See megacity
Long bridge is in Ogun state and not Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by DOptical: 9:30am On May 02, 2023
Olamilekan1555:

God bless you.. you mention all this that the income generated from Lagos was use for them what about the Loan ( over 1 trillion debit both domestic and international if not more than that) what the they use it for? and point of correction because you create a way to generate high revenue does that means you must take huge percentage on a monthly basis even after your tenure. let grow up and start asking questions from our leaders instead of defending them.

I deal in fact here, not propaganda. Prove your claim regarding the huge percentage taken by anyone. Did you think all the huge things achieved in Lagos would even be archieved if anyone was taking huge chunk like you keep claiming? You've got a brain, use it please instead of swallowing dumb propaganda from idiots..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by lekanation(m): 9:32am On May 02, 2023
Tntsi:
lack of social and health services, lack of order, no electricity, bad electricity, bad roads, bad transportation, no flood prevention, bad emergency services, failing schools, bad policing, bad sanitation and more. Long bridge is actually in Ogun state and not Lagos. Keep your wailing till you have something concrete

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Reference(m): 9:33am On May 02, 2023
There is something I just cannot get my head around concerning infrastructure in Nigeria.

For years and years I have always wondered how in heaven and earth can a bridge be flooded. How a bridge can turn to an aqueduct must be the 8th wonder of the world requiring the intervention of Discover Channel's
Massive Engineering Mistakes.

You drive through a flooded bridge then look down to the valley or river flowing below like you're on some thrill ride in a water park.....

1 Like

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by UTILITYMAY(m): 9:35am On May 02, 2023
Tntsi:

Your hatred won't allow you to reason well or should I say ignorance is the one worrying you. Long bridge is not a part of Lagos, that axis is Ogun State. Ogun State covers that road till you get to Berger. Meanwhile, that road is Federal Road, so neither Ogun nor Lagos should be held responsible for whatever happens there. Ignorance + Hatred is too dangerous for your life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by wirinet(m): 9:35am On May 02, 2023
Saga16:

London would not do Jack about it.

The beat they would do is give flood warning ⚠️.

You guys think they are superhuman.

grin
Na wa o! You must either be a staff of the Lagos State Government or have an interest in the government.

London that respond to emergency situation including floods, fire, accidents or other disasters immediately is the one you are comparing to Lagos State Government that's only interested in revenue generation?

See here on how Westminster City Council respond to floods - https://www.westminster.gov.uk/residents/floods/july-2021-flooding/westminsters-responsibilities
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by 001Lagos: 9:37am On May 02, 2023
xxxtedyxxx:
Omo...

See megacity
Abi mega shitty

Lagos Is an over-hyped shithole

Helinues will agree with me

1 Like

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by UTILITYMAY(m): 9:40am On May 02, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
The same man has just been selected as president of federal republic of Nigeria angry

Which same man?
You have refused to outgrow your ignorance and hatred. Long Bridge of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway is not in Lagos State but Ogun State. It's just like you saying Sagamu Interchange is in Lagos State, because it on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Grow up man!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Injured In Hit And Run Accident In Lekki (Graphic Photos) / African Union Launches An All-africa Passport, To Be Fully Active By 2018 / Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.