Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,485 members, 7,865,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:29 AM

Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) (23195 Views)

Vehicle Conveying A Corpse Catches Fire Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (video) / Trailer-Loaded With Beer Falls Along Oji River Axis Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway / Update On The Lagos Light Rail, Eko Bridge Axis - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by SalamRushdie: 9:40am On May 02, 2023
Tntsi:
Lagos is the biggest contradiction in the world today.
The 5th largest economy in Africa ( which means it generates huge income),
yet one of the most unliveable places in the world due to
lack of social and health services, lack of order, no electricity, bad electricity, bad roads, bad transportation, no flood prevention, bad emergency services, failing schools, bad policing, bad sanitation and more.

The question begging to be answered is where has all this huge income gone?

I pity those who lie to themselves that Tinubu and his gang of clowns deliver excellence

1 Like

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by SugarGirl44(f): 9:41am On May 02, 2023
Tntsi:
Lagos is the biggest contradiction in the world Today.
lack of social and health services, lack of order, no electricity, bad electricity, bad roads, bad transportation, no flood prevention, bad emergency services, failing schools, bad policing, bad sanitation and more.

Tell your people to stop trooping to Lagos, they’re the problem.
Once you and your people are gone, we would be able to manage the state better.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Menclothing: 9:41am On May 02, 2023
This flash floods

Ask people in Benue Kogi Anambra bayelsa Ibadan how blood use to wipe sways houses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by wirinet(m): 9:42am On May 02, 2023
Reference:
There is something I just cannot get my head around concerning infrastructure in Nigeria.

For years and years I have always wondered how in heaven and earth can a bridge be flooded. How a bridge can turn to an aqueduct must be the 8th wonder of the world requiring the intervention of Discover Channel's
Massive Engineering Mistakes.

You drive through a flooded bridge then look down to the valley or river flowing below like you're on some thrill ride in a water park.....

Poor maintenance. Sand, pure water nylon and other debris has blocked the drainage designed to remove flood water from the bridge. The money budgeted for maintenance has been stolen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by cardoctor(m): 9:42am On May 02, 2023
Lagos means Lagoon in Portuguese language. Flood is usually expected during the rainy seasons and emergency preparedness must be taken to stem the tide. The problem is that no one wants to be accountable until disaster strikes then more money meant for damage repairs will be allocated to be siphoned again. Its an endless pit.
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by UTILITYMAY(m): 9:44am On May 02, 2023
DOptical:

The bullshit. I think you're projecting your village on Lagos.

Meanwhile, Lagos-Ibadan express is a federal road, not necessarily Lagos government's responsibility. Lagos government will first have to take orders from the federal government if they want to do anything. They can't do anything without federal government giving them the go ahead first. Moreover, flooding is not an unusual sight.. it happens everywhere, including in European countries. Of course measures need to be taken to control it.

Where all the money went?

First, let me point out that someone made such economy possible for Lagos to be generating a lot of money despite the fact that he met little, not helped by the seizure of Lagos' allocation by Obasanjo

So what the money was used for?

Investment into Lekki seaport.

Investment into Eko Atlantic

Investment into largest Africa rice mills.

Investment into metro rail.

Investment into Lekki free trade zone.

Good health care and services.

Regular payment of salaries and Pensions..

And so-on..

You dey mind them?
That part is not even Lagos State, they are just filled with bitterness in their hearts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Ijaya123: 9:44am On May 02, 2023
Tntsi:

The problems you listed here are due to the failure of other states in Nigeria. If others put their states in order, Lagos, which has the smallest landmass in Nigeria will not be over congested and the public amenities will not be over stretched.

Meanwhile, that axis does not belong to Lagos state but hatred has blinded you from reasonable analysis.

Saga16:
Next week, I would post photos of London being submerged by rain.

Maybe it is also a contradiction.

He will find a way to justify it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by UTILITYMAY(m): 9:45am On May 02, 2023
AntiChristian:
And no be even Lagos but Lagos-Ibadan Expressway which can be either Ogun state or Oyo State!

Once they see Lagos like this...they become EEiidiots!

And na there them dey scot!

Their EEiidiotism na promax!
Awon oponu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by AroOkigbo(m): 9:47am On May 02, 2023
datola:

So, other mega cities around the world don't get flooded
Will you have same view if it was Onitsha? You see why everything no be politics.
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by gmo10(m): 9:48am On May 02, 2023
Massiveglory:
See lagoon. Sorry lagos
Mr. Man that bridge is in Obafemi Owode LGA of Ogun State not Lagos State. Lagos ends at Berger new garage. Be guided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Saga16: 9:52am On May 02, 2023
wirinet:

Na wa o! You must either be a staff of the Lagos State Government or have an interest in the government.

London that respond to emergency situation including floods, fire, accidents or other disasters immediately is the one you are comparing to Lagos State Government that's only interested in revenue generation?

See here on how Westminster City Council respond to floods - https://www.westminster.gov.uk/residents/floods/july-2021-flooding/westminsters-responsibilities

Continue your copy and paste of rubbish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by lexxwiz(m): 9:54am On May 02, 2023
datola:

So, other mega cities around the world don't get flooded

Shut up son, you’re so used the wrongs and it’s absolutely okay with you. You’re so backward and you bask in it, very painful sight.

Dude I live in the heart of Lagos, no water, everyday generator, traffic, I pay heavily for private security.. I’m 100% my own Govt . Why are you comfortable with this?? Just name one thing we enjoy as a citizen

It’s not everytime you play politics, you fucking slowpoke.

Stop basking in your foolishness!
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by wirinet(m): 9:59am On May 02, 2023
DOptical:

Meanwhile, Lagos-Ibadan express is a federal road, not necessarily Lagos government's responsibility. Lagos government will first have to take orders from the federal government if they want to do anything. They can't do anything without federal government giving them the go ahead first. Moreover, flooding is not an unusual sight.. it happens everywhere, including in European countries. Of course measures need to be taken to control it.

First, let me point out that someone made such economy possible for Lagos to be generating a lot of money despite the fact that he met little, not helped by the seizure of Lagos' allocation by Obasanjo

Regular payment of salaries and Pensions..

And so-on..

I hate people bringing up that "seizure of Lagos allocation by Obasanjo", that's not entirely truthful. We that witness that episode are still alive to tell the truth. Obasanjo "withheld" Lagos State Local government allocations for about 3 years due to disagreement of creation of Local government Council areas by Tinubu. When Yaradua came into power, he paid the whole withheld allocations to Fashola in one fell swoop. So I don't understand why you guys still use that withheld allocation as an excuse when anyone criticises Lagos State Government 15 year later.

What i don't like about you guys (and all sides are guilty) is that you reduce any criticism of the government or persons you support to emotional attacks. Leave all those personal, tribal or emotional attacks and attack the issues raises itself. All governments are criticized the world over, even in autocratic regimes. Its left for the government and supporters to respond intellectually to the issues raised.

1 Like

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Chiiamaka: 10:03am On May 02, 2023
Tntsi:

Well said 👌
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Emeka71(m): 10:05am On May 02, 2023
Tntsi:

Into account of Tinubu.
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by DOptical: 10:05am On May 02, 2023
wirinet:

I hate people bringing up that "seizure of Lagos allocation by Obasanjo", that's not entirely truthful. We that witness that episode are still alive to tell the truth. Obasanjo "withheld" Lagos State Local government allocations for about 3 years due to disagreement of creation of Local government Council areas by Tinubu. When Yaradua came into power, he paid the whole withheld allocations to Fashola in one fell swoop. So I don't understand why you guys still use that withheld allocation as an excuse when anyone criticises Lagos State Government 15 year later.

What i don't like about you guys (and all sides are guilty) is that you reduce any criticism of the government or persons you support to emotional attacks. Leave all those personal, tribal or emotional attacks and attack the issues raises itself. All governments are criticized the world over, even in autocratic regimes. Its left for the government and supporters to respond intellectually to the issues raised.

Why don't you tell us the amount of local government allocation and state allocation? Start from there first.

Armchair delivering BS from his coffers as if he's in government. As if you know better than Osinbajo who confirmed it and note, Osinbajo worked under Tinubu during the time.
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by FODA(m): 10:08am On May 02, 2023
Naijalarry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GqCW-pnubg

A video that surfaced on Monday has shown the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway long bridge submerged following rainfall.

The expressway has also been closed to traffic.

In the video, a voice could be heard saying, "This is long bridge."

Source- https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1653141504469135362
despite this video,some pple are still boarding God is good motor coming towards Lagos now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by casualobserver: 10:11am On May 02, 2023
Tntsi:

The problem of Lagos is the daily deluge of people fleeing their towns and villages for Lagos. Those of us old enough to know Lagos before the influx know Lagos was a wonderful city. However no manner of infrastructure can cope will unchecked migration because the more you provide, the more they come. And the people that are coming pay little taxes in comparison to the burden they put on infrastructure.

In short Lagos is a victim of its own success and the failures of other states. People from states that are performing do not migrate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by wirinet(m): 10:13am On May 02, 2023
DOptical:

Why don't you tell us the amount of local government allocation and state allocation? Start from there first.

Armchair delivering BS from his coffers as if he's in government. As if you know better than Osinbajo who confirmed it and note, Osinbajo worked under Tinubu during the time.

I honestly don't understand what you mean by the rubbish you wrote up there.

Here is the report of the release of the Local government allocations by Yaradua.

1 Like

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by FuckDModz: 10:15am On May 02, 2023
Tntsi:

Tinubu is busy buying properties with it in Europe. The drug baron recently purchased one for $11million!
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by DOptical: 10:15am On May 02, 2023
wirinet:

I honestly don't understand what you mean by the rubbish you wrote up there.

Here is the report of the release of the Local government allocations by Yaradua.

2007! Did you check the date? After Tinubu already left office!

Osinbajo confirmed that Lagos allocation was withheld for 4 years while Tinubu was in government yet Tinubu ensured Lagos worked! TBH, I don't even take those who oppose Tinubu seriously. They need mental help as far as I'm concerned!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Reference(m): 10:16am On May 02, 2023
wirinet:

Poor maintenance. Sand, pure water nylon and other debris has blocked the drainage designed to remove flood water from the bridge. The money budgeted for maintenance has been stolen.

I can understand that an overpass requires complex drainage to protect the roadway below.... but a bridge over a non descript valley or some canal or river should be the easiest, maintenance free thing to do.
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by shegzhkn: 10:17am On May 02, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

I don’t care about politics in this banana republic. I’m talking about the new Lagos state electric buses.
Lol, if you told me Egun will call Nigeria a banana republic say about 2 years ago, I'd say that impossible. Just one inconvenience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Eleph(m): 10:20am On May 02, 2023
Tntsi:

You're too shortsighted and sentimentally biased.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by YOUNGELDER1(m): 10:21am On May 02, 2023
Laveq:
please why do you think I am a scammer I am not

Dominique
Mynd444

This dirty scammer is back !
Do the needful.
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by esemes256: 10:22am On May 02, 2023
Tntsi:

Long bridge is in Ogun state not Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by clydecarson(m): 10:45am On May 02, 2023
Laveq:
please why do you think I am a scammer I am not

Oga close your mouth,you are a scammer you thought I'm new in nairaland,you steal someone's picture you create a new account today and you say you ain't a scammer

...the person picture you are using I pray his ailment catch you too if you say you ain't a scammer
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by nony43(m): 11:06am On May 02, 2023
DOptical:

Regular payment of salaries and Pensions.
And so-on..

Stop making excuses, they can actually fix the road and right to the Federal Government to reimburse them.

1 Like

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by DOptical: 11:07am On May 02, 2023
nony43:

Stop making excuses, they can actually fix the road and right to the Federal Government to reimburse them.

The express isn't even in Lagos but Ogun state. Also the federal government has to give the state the go ahead first. Haven't you seen where federal government took an individual to a court because the individual wanted to construct a road.. I think such policy needs to be reviewed.

1 Like

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by nedu666: 11:20am On May 02, 2023
richie240:
Badmouthing d hand dt feeds unis one of d reasons why ur 'villages' will remain backward and her indigo es continue to run away from them.
.u be yibó abi?
cool

But the same hands that feed him ignores the cries of millions of yorubas who are suffering in endemic poverty. Let those hands start feeding yorubas living in poverty
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 11:26am On May 02, 2023
shegzhkn:

Lol, if you told me Egun will call Nigeria a banana republic say about 2 years ago, I'd say that impossible. Just one inconvenience.

Many inconveniences. She’s my home, I love her and why I bother to criticize.

1 Like

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Dbestbrest: 11:42am On May 02, 2023
See fools commenting ignorantly. the long bridge is in Ogun State. Lagos state starts from Berger Bridge. The hate you people have for lagos will consume you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National Airline To Begin Operations This Year / Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? / A Fallen Container At Berger Bus-stop Caused This Long Traffic Holdup Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.